Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2005, 09:36 PM
I told you I was coming back
View Posts: 2,729
Zone Nationals 2005

Tomorrow the 2005 Zone nationals begin and it being held in Mr Spork's and my home town, Rockhmapton. Funzone , the Arcade at which I'm employeed is the host site and teams are coming from as far as Perth to play. Every things ready, we've upgrade to infusion, installed the video cameras and even the artwork is complete.
I'm playing for Darwin, they needed and extra guy.
Mr Spork is the head Referee.

Watch this space for further updates on the competion and the rest of the weeks events.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-23-2005, 09:00 AM
A polite suffix that has no translation
View Posts: 2,675
Re: Zone Nationals 2005

Well, Fireball, I'll take it from here.

I've been refereeing at the Nationals and let me tell you it is hard and tiring work. I've been working fourteen hour days and no one likes the referee. No matter how right you are, they always think you're wrong. On the upside, the refs get free meals and free drinks from the counter. We have to have three referees in the games and guess what, there's usually only three refs. So, we hardly ever get breaks.

The comps going pretty well at the moment there have been few incidents to report. I'm not sure who's leading at the moment...I think it's one of the Box Hill teams. Well, Fireball will try and have another update for you sometime. Post your thoughts about the game of Darkzone/MegaZone/Laser Tag/Whatever you want to call it.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-30-2005, 09:07 PM
I told you I was coming back
View Posts: 2,729
Re: Zone Nationals 2005

Well its been half a week and I'm finally able to post the results.

1. Box Hill 1
2. Sunshine Coast 1
3. Rockhampton

Well for only the second time the home team didn't place first, but they did better than last year and they lost to the two teams that had had the most time in the arena other than the home team.

Personally I placed 65th in the solo comp (out of 98 people), third last in tripples(I played well the other team members didn't, 38th in doubles (every time I played well my partner played bad and vice versa) and Finally, Darwin the team I played fro in the main comp came sixteenth in a field of 20. I t could of been better but a caught a bug from another particapant on the wensday, managed my best games on thursday and just kept getting worse and worse in the elimination rounds on friday. Basicly Shot three people, get shot cough for two minutes, attack base, get shot. Repeat the process. I couldn't even go to the end of week dinner.

Tags
2005, nationals, zone