Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Banned User
View Posts: 1,048
Ghosts, Are they... here?

I always loved reading ghost stories. When I was about 9, I read all 3 Scary Stories books and loved them, but I never believed. I never believe in ghosts, but now...

My older cousin, Mike, (18 years old) is funny: always kidding around with my other older cousin and me. But he told me something along with my sister (17 years old) and my sisters boy friend a story. Mike told us a story about a sleepover he had at his friend's house. Before he slept over, Mike's friend told him about his house. His house was built in 1820 and a young girl drowned in the bath tub; her ghosts hunts the house. Then his friend told him that she only haunts the older parts of the house. Mike was like "Alright! Let's sleep in the haunted rooms; they did. In the middle of the night they heard a little girl scram, the scream sounded like it came from under water. My cousin and his friend were drunk so they tought it was funny, plus Mike's friend was used to that kind of stuff, since he lived there for 7 years already. In the middle of the night, Mike's friends got up and went to the bathroom, only to see the shadow of a little girl. He thought it was his refelection at first so he waved his hand to make sure. Then the shadow disapeared.

Mike's friend has pictures of the "dead girl". None are clear, but you can see something. A face and a hand in the reflection of his China (in the picture).

I don't know what to believe anymore. I mean, could they be real? Has anyone ever had an experience like this? And if there are ghosts, what do they want?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 09:45 PM
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
Steam ID: HALF LIFE 3 IS NEVER GONNA BE RELEASED!
View Posts: 10,090
Re: Ghosts, Are they... here?

I belive that ghosts are here. Most of it comes from past experences my mom has had with ghosts and what not. Call me crazy or whatever, but thats what I belive. Besides, I feel ghosts are here becasue it's their decision, but thats another thing.

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 09:50 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
I belive that ghosts are here. Most of it comes from past experences my mom has had with ghosts and what not. Call me crazy or whatever, but thats what I belive. Besides, I feel ghosts are here becasue it's their decision, but thats another thing.
I believe in God, so I believe I will go to Heaven or Hell. Hopefully Heaven, but what about ghosts? Are they lost souls? I read that ghosts stay on Earth untill their death is avenged (if they were murdered), or waiting for a lover that left but never came back.

Or is Earth Hell? Is hell having to stay on Earth in ghost form for entirnety?
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 10:02 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Frost Guardian
View Posts: 3,082

Ghosts are a really strange subject. I would like to beleive them, on the account of me dearly wishing for a vauge link to the dead, but I'm not quite sure of their exsistence. And it amazes me how we actually find beings that can breach the concept we call death, but fascinating nevertheless. And I suppose they can exsist, but I have no idea how it works. People can cloud themselves in illusion sometimes, trying to regain a cut bond from somebody that has gone on...I can't think clearly in this time of night..*sigh* Anyways, those are my thoughts on the matter.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 10:07 PM
~DEATH TO AMERICA~
Send a message via AIM to Captain Cornflake Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Cornflake
View Posts: 4,853

Ghosts are ON THE FORUMS.

This one pops up on my screen. I managed to catch a picture of the elusive fellow a few months back.

#6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Intelligence seems to be overrated.
Send a message via AIM to Alonely Send a message via Yahoo to Alonely Send a message via Skype™ to Alonely
Steam ID: kaytree

View Posts: 3,261

I don't believe in ghosts. I did when I was little. I do believe in spirits, and that when someone dies they watch over us. But I don't really think of them as ghosts, really.

[Facebook | last.fm | Twitter | Xfire: zdfettucini]

=D
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Banned User

Aren't ghosts and spirits the same thing?
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 10:26 PM
This.
Send a message via Yahoo to Earth
View Posts: 2,486

Ghost aren't real, and I'll tell you why: In every ghost story you've ever heard, the ghost wears clothes, right? Well, have you ever heard of ghost clothes? What I mean is: Why do the clothes come back if ghost are considered to be spirits?
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 10:28 PM
ZU Star Wars Representative
Send a message via AIM to WookieRage
View Posts: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
I believe in God, so I believe I will go to Heaven or Hell. Hopefully Heaven, but what about ghosts? Are they lost souls? I read that ghosts stay on Earth untill their death is avenged (if they were murdered), or waiting for a lover that left but never came back.

Or is Earth Hell? Is hell having to stay on Earth in ghost form for entirnety?
I agree. Hell might just be being alone forever. That would suck.

Thank You Fiend10
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Intelligence seems to be overrated.
Send a message via AIM to Alonely Send a message via Yahoo to Alonely Send a message via Skype™ to Alonely
Steam ID: kaytree

View Posts: 3,261

I'm sorry, I misphrased that. I meant I believe in the presence of someone watching over us without actually wandering the earth or anything, if that helps. May sound the same, but usually ghosts are on Earth.

[Facebook | last.fm | Twitter | Xfire: zdfettucini]

=D
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonely
I'm sorry, I misphrased that. I meant I believe in the presence of someone watching over us without actually wandering the earth or anything, if that helps. May sound the same, but usually ghosts are on Earth.
I get where you coming from.

I am not really a ghost believe, but I don't not believe. Infact, it's not that I do believe, its more that I just want to believe.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Whee! I just saw Link walk by my window!
View Posts: 516

I think ghosts are people who died a mysterious death and will continue to haunt the dwelling's where they died until the mystery is solved. But. . . that's just my idea from reading all those ghost stories.

Official Friend code for Mario Kart DS!
Nickname: ちょうちょう ひかり
081671 600024

I'm on pretty much every day, around 7:30am - 9:30am for AC and 8:30pm - 9:30pm for MK.
PM me if you're thinking of visting my town/wanting to race!

Games I want: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Pokémon Battle Revolution, and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 12:10 AM
Most interesting man in the world
View Posts: 1,780

I fully believe in ghosts 100%. Why? cuase I have seen them, in the day and night. And it wasn't just when I was little but recently as well. And becaus eI have been touched by one(not in a sick way). Two years ago I had woken up at about four AM, and I was walking down my hallway towrds my bathroom when all of a sudden I feel a hand on my right shoulder, and I felt it ther for about five seconds, until I just swung around a ran like hell to my room and flashed on the lights. And it couldn't have been my brother or anyone else cause I was home alone that night. And it couldn't have been my imagination, cause I wasn't wearing a shirt and I felt cold just on the spot where It had grabbed me, plus...there was a hand mark! If you want to think I'm making this up, go ahead, but I swear that it had happened, and I mean every word of it with the upmost seriousness. So I do and always will believe in ghosts. And I do believe in heaven and hell, but what if being a ghost was just a punishment or that is hell, having to roam the earth forever. But I also believe that it could have been a sprit that is nice, such as a dead loved one that was just paying a visit to me. I hink it was a good spirit over something evil though, cause when it touched me, it felt more like a friendly welcome...like a pat on the back sort of thing, and not a evil trying to strangell me kind of harsh grab.

sig by Zorathan
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 12:14 AM
Sheikah
View Posts: 514

i beleive in ghosts. i know there real, and any one who's seen them, felt them, or heard them will to. my mum told me a story about a ghost cat.

she said that she used to live in this house that once belonged to a lady that owned alot of cats. as you can guess, some died there. anyway, mum used to sleep in the room where the cats used to sleep. mum owned a cat herself that used to climb in the window and sleep on her bed. mum said she used to feel this ghost cat jump on her bed, and she knew that it wasn't her cat because this one felt lighter, and when she kicked at it there was nothing there, where if it was her cat it would have fallen off the bed. she said one night she felt it jump on her bed and she decided to call it. she felt it then walk up the side of the bed. she said she never wanted to sleep there again.

Kaze-one made this for me. Isn't it great?
Member of the Nayru clan of Wisdom.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 12:14 AM
Self-Banned

View Posts: 8,030

Wow Alex, spam! Posting lyrics to a song for no reason, that's not only hilarious, it's ridiculous!

But about the topic:
I honestly don't care if ghosts exist or not. There are so many beliefs and so many different opinions I really don't care anymore. For all I know there could be a ghost living in my left eardrum haunting all who enter. If anyone can give me any prove of any belief I could start forming a belief, but everywhere I go it seems fake, there are stories of real ghosts, and they all seem fake. There are arguements ghosts aren't real, that sound ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokiri_boy64
Ghost aren't real, and I'll tell you why: In every ghost story you've ever heard, the ghost wears clothes, right? Well, have you ever heard of ghost clothes? What I mean is: Why do the clothes come back if ghost are considered to be spirits?
...so ghosts are fake cause all the stories involve clothes. Good, good, nice work. -_-
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Goron
View Posts: 212

I'm not sure about ghosts.... but I belive in spirits of those who have died you might say they are the same thing but I say not!

adopted by Fainna Thanks a bunch to Link of Hyrule for my sig!!! I am the Princess of Destiany! I have WAY too many friends to count...You know who you are!!! Proud Member of the Farore Clan ! my absloulty wonderfull avy done by I Love Link (one of my closeset friends here on the forms) I love friends, PM if you want to be friends !!! COLOR] They can't delay TP they just can't, my life is ending !!!
The Phantom of the Opera is there inside my mind...
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Whee! I just saw Link walk by my window!
View Posts: 516

My dad told me that when he used to work at a chemical factory or something, he felt a phantom. He said that he was walking down on the basement level close to the elevator and suddenly felt his energy being sapped. This happened for a few days right before Halloween. And on Halloween day, it disappered. I thought the ghost-energy-sapper was freaking awesome.

Official Friend code for Mario Kart DS!
Nickname: ちょうちょう ひかり
081671 600024

I'm on pretty much every day, around 7:30am - 9:30am for AC and 8:30pm - 9:30pm for MK.
PM me if you're thinking of visting my town/wanting to race!

Games I want: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Pokémon Battle Revolution, and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 08:55 PM
And... The Race is On
View Posts: 229

Their real cause in my friend's Grandpa's house a picture of his Grandpa Moves by it Self!! Thats Scary!! I also think I saw one I my back yard!! It might sound funny but I saw my Dead dog next to the dog house!! He had died 2 weeks before I saw him next to the dog house!!

{Photobucket Album}
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. Copy & Paste this in your sig if you're one of the 98% who have smoked pot.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 10:48 PM
Phaptastical.
View Posts: 2,756

Are ghost real? I don't know, nor do I give a flying ****. I've been on this Earth for 15 years, and I've seen and heard a few questionable things around me. Just today, I saw what looked like an apparition, it was outside in my backward and it was just this ball of smoke, a perfectly round ball of smoke. And it didn't really float or move, but then it sort of unraveled and floated away. It was pretty interesting, since there wasn't a fire around. I dunno, looked pretty cool. I've also had experiences with other unexplainable.... experiences. o.O

But yeah. I don't know if they are, or aren't. And I don't really care, they don't bother me.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 11:36 PM
(What'd You Do That For?)
Send a message via AIM to ~Azarath~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Azarath~
View Posts: 237

So im this weird person, and that automatically makes me believe there are ghosts.

okay not really, but i do think that there are spirits lurking around. Why? Who knows.

Closed Thread

Tags
ghosts