Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Do you believe in Cryptids?
Yes all of them every one *starts naming cryptids* 3 15.00%
I believe in most of them... 3 15.00%
I believe in a few.. not many though. 11 55.00%
No they are not REAL! (for all you really open minded people.) 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-14-2005, 09:28 PM
And BOOM! goes the dynamite.
View Posts: 656
Nesse and other cryptids

Do you believe? *X-files theme*...

Okay... anyway.

do you believe in Cryptids? I personally do believe in these fasinating creatures. Nesse and Bigfoot. Please if you do not believe don't say "All you people who believe are gullible and stupid!" That in my opinon is really immature, and unnessiary. Here is a long list of cryptids. Believe if you wish if not... Don't. Oh yes and this is a serious disscussion. I am just trying to see who believes. Oh and for all you neese fans look. Have fun you stalker you... Oh and for those of you where the little box stays blue click here. Than there is the interactive paddok cam!

______Thank you Emily, for the birthday card!______
[Racht][Gray] [Myles]
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-14-2005, 09:38 PM
I told you I was coming back
View Posts: 2,729
Re: Nesse and other cryptids

Definetly they could be out there some where, especially in the case of the thylicane. I am dissapointed to see the Yowie(the australian version of a yeti or bigfoot being absent from the list)
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Custom User Title
Send a message via AIM to JAAC
View Posts: 462

They all exist. Read my sig...

I do believe in these fascinating creatures, that along with other supernatural events and creatures that cannot be explained. They are all living, we just aren't smart enough to realize this yet...
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Frost Guardian
View Posts: 3,082

I don't remotely beleive in the paranormal whatsoever.

Bigfoot is a hoax. And I doubt the exsistence of Yeti. Aliens are fine with me, but I doubt they have made encounters with us before.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-14-2005, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost Guardian
I don't remotely beleive in the paranormal whatsoever.

Bigfoot is a hoax. And I doubt the exsistence of Yeti. Aliens are fine with me, but I doubt they have made encounters with us before.
well you have an open mind. Oh yeah I beleive as I said before and... ummm... Sorry about the yowie thing but I didn't make it. Anyway spcificly what is your favorite cryptid?

[Racht][Gray] [Myles]
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Sage of Wisdom

I guess my favorite would be ghosts. But I only beleive in them in a spirtual sense, not really physical.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost Guardian
I guess my favorite would be ghosts. But I only beleive in them in a spirtual sense, not really physical.
Just so you know Cryptids means "Unproven animals." They are animals that people claim to have seen. Yet there is not enough proof to get them classified as real...

[Racht][Gray] [Myles]
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Goron
View Posts: 212

I only belive in Mermaids and Bigfoot and LohcNess MOster.

adopted by Fainna Thanks a bunch to Link of Hyrule for my sig!!! I am the Princess of Destiany! I have WAY too many friends to count...You know who you are!!! Proud Member of the Farore Clan ! my absloulty wonderfull avy done by I Love Link (one of my closeset friends here on the forms) I love friends, PM if you want to be friends !!! COLOR] They can't delay TP they just can't, my life is ending !!!
The Phantom of the Opera is there inside my mind...
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles
Just so you know Cryptids means "Unproven animals." They are animals that people claim to have seen. Yet there is not enough proof to get them classified as real...
Yes, yes, I know that. But things like these have the tendency to stir up the imaginations of people with the simplest things. I could easily build my own Bigfoot costume. And to me, it seems like a really generic, ape-ish creature or some type of anthromorphized bear with a slightly modified face. Perhaps a genetic mutation? Whatever...I just don't find them especially strange or convincing.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 08:36 PM
ZU Star Wars Representative
Send a message via AIM to WookieRage
View Posts: 195

I believe in Bigfoot and the Yeti and Yowie because they are in almost every culture. Now you can say that the cultures told stories, but how would Native Americans talk to people in the Hymilayas? I also believe in this one Tyranasaures who supposedly lives in the Amazon.

Thank You Fiend10
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2005, 10:04 PM
Intelligence seems to be overrated.
Send a message via AIM to Alonely Send a message via Yahoo to Alonely Send a message via Skype™ to Alonely
Steam ID: kaytree

View Posts: 3,261

I believe in Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, and Yeti. Besides that, I barely know any others, but I have heard of some that I don't believe in. Can't remember them right now.

[Facebook | last.fm | Twitter | Xfire: zdfettucini]

=D
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieRage
I believe in Bigfoot and the Yeti and Yowie because they are in almost every culture. Now you can say that the cultures told stories, but how would Native Americans talk to people in the Hymilayas? I also believe in this one Tyranasaures who supposedly lives in the Amazon.
That is actually the case with a lot of the cryptids. Dragons, and sea monsters...

Yet that does not prove existance. I am a beleiver but there is the fact there is no solid proof. Lets try to find them.

[Racht][Gray] [Myles]
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 12:55 AM
A polite suffix that has no translation
View Posts: 2,675

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireball
Definetly they could be out there some where, especially in the case of the thylicane.
The thylacine, or Tasmanian Tiger, isn't a cryptid, big bro. It's an animal that's thought to be extinct with last one in captivity dying in 1936. There have been many sightings since though after it was officialy declared extinct in the 1980s.

As for cryptids, well, Bigfoot exists, the Loch Ness Monster's book was right! (Futurama reference, he he)

Anyway, I definitely think there's a possibility they exist, especially the Yowie, the Australian version of the Yeti. I'm convinced I saw one when I was about four years old out at the small Queensland town of Alpha. At first I thought it was a Gorilla escaped from the zoo but as the years went on, I realised there were no zoos around there and I'm not sure Circuses have gorillas, so it couldn't have escaped from there. Also, Fireball saw it as well as my younger brother. We saw something but whether it was a Yowie, we don't know.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 10:21 AM

I could have been anything. A kangaroo and other things. Just because you think you saw something dosent mean anything. I do have a wanna be pic of nesse It just might be him.

itd the thing out lined.

[Racht][Gray] [Myles]
Last Edited by Myles; 07-16-2005 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Half an eight
View Posts: 2,819

Quote:
Here is a long list of cryptids.
That's not so long... especially not when you compare it to this (scroll down a little to see the list).

So, anyway... I'm not really sure whether I believe. Some of them are obviously hoaxes, some seem suspicious, but a few could even be true. I don't know.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 10:43 AM
~*~ 'lil forest elf ~*~
Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiza
View Posts: 608

I believe in them. Somewhere nearby where I live there's a legend of a seamonster kinda like the loch ness monster. Her name is Selma and there are lots of people who claims to have seen her and described it through drawings like this one . I havent though but I still believe in her..

~*~ Sig & avy by me ~*~

#17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Goron
View Posts: 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiza
I believe in them. Somewhere nearby where I live there's a legend of a seamonster kinda like the loch ness monster. Her name is Selma and there are lots of people who claims to have seen her and described it through drawings like this one . I havent though but I still believe in her..

I just read somthing that said that some German divers in the year 2003 swam around the WHOLE loch and put camrars in it and they still didn't see any thing.... just thought everybody should know.

adopted by Fainna Thanks a bunch to Link of Hyrule for my sig!!! I am the Princess of Destiany! I have WAY too many friends to count...You know who you are!!! Proud Member of the Farore Clan ! my absloulty wonderfull avy done by I Love Link (one of my closeset friends here on the forms) I love friends, PM if you want to be friends !!! COLOR] They can't delay TP they just can't, my life is ending !!!
The Phantom of the Opera is there inside my mind...
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 03:40 PM
~*~ 'lil forest elf ~*~
Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiza
View Posts: 608

And two years ago some swedish scientists were looking at the local lake here and they didnt find proof but saw some weird waves and shadows in the water. And they made the conclusion that there is something in that lake. Might not be a seamonster but some kind of big animal is there.

~*~ Sig & avy by me ~*~

#19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiza
And two years ago some swedish scientists were looking at the local lake here and they didnt find proof but saw some weird waves and shadows in the water. And they made the conclusion that there is something in that lake. Might not be a seamonster but some kind of big animal is there.
Well than there is still hope! Yet it makes you wonder... Why do we find no bodys of these things?

[Racht][Gray] [Myles]
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 09:24 PM
A polite suffix that has no translation
View Posts: 2,675

Quote:
I could have been anything. A kangaroo and other things. Just because you think you saw something dosent mean anything.
There's a big difference between a kangaroo and something that looks like a large ape. I only mentioned that I saw it to my brothers a few years ago and they told me they saw the same thing as well. So, there's three people who saw it, and if it was a kangaroo, we would've known as we've seen them plenty of times before (mostly as roadkill and at the local zoo). Besides, the thing we saw was walking like a gorilla, i.e. on its knuckles and its hind legs. That's why I initially thought it was a gorilla.

There's also a few sightings of large cats in Australia such as the Lithgow Panther which was caught on Home Video. Many people believe that it escaped from a zoo or a circus. There's also sightings of Lions and Bears in the Australian wilderness again most likely escaped from zoos and circuses, which again suggests what I saw was a gorilla. Bear in mind though that Alpha is a rather small town with the closest zoo being in my town. The zoo in my town has never had gorillas. As for circuses, well, I've never heard of a gorilla being in a circus. Monkeys and Chimps, yeah, but no gorillas. I could be wrong though.

Tags
cryptids, nesse