Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Do you believe in Cryptids?
Yes all of them every one *starts naming cryptids* 3 15.00%
I believe in most of them... 3 15.00%
I believe in a few.. not many though. 11 55.00%
No they are not REAL! (for all you really open minded people.) 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2005, 09:54 PM
space travel is boring
View Posts: 2,073
Re: Nesse and other cryptids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spork
There's a big difference between a kangaroo and something that looks like a large ape. I only mentioned that I saw it to my brothers a few years ago and they told me they saw the same thing as well. So, there's three people who saw it, and if it was a kangaroo, we would've known as we've seen them plenty of times before (mostly as roadkill and at the local zoo). Besides, the thing we saw was walking like a gorilla, i.e. on its knuckles and its hind legs. That's why I initially thought it was a gorilla.

There's also a few sightings of large cats in Australia such as the Lithgow Panther which was caught on Home Video. Many people believe that it escaped from a zoo or a circus. There's also sightings of Lions and Bears in the Australian wilderness again most likely escaped from zoos and circuses, which again suggests what I saw was a gorilla. Bear in mind though that Alpha is a rather small town with the closest zoo being in my town. The zoo in my town has never had gorillas. As for circuses, well, I've never heard of a gorilla being in a circus. Monkeys and Chimps, yeah, but no gorillas. I could be wrong though.
Yeah just like the yowie in Australia, go to Yowie Hunters, they deal with all the sightings of yowies in Australia. What you saw Mr Spork could of been a yowie! Where would a gorilla hide in QLD? Maybe in the forests up north but thats about it, and the woods or bushlands are no place for a gorilla!

Most open minded people are smart enough to know that they or some don't exist! Just like the dinosaurs in the Congo, or the chupicabbra (sp) and the most famous the nessie, I believe there are things out there that we havn't discovered but animals over 3 foot would be easy to find making it less unbelievable to me!

So i will make a list of the ones i think are real or not!

The Big List of the unfound

Chupicabbra (sp) - Some evidence - False

Congo Dinosaur - They heard Dinosaur noises, could of been elephants - False

Nessie - Photo graphic evidence and noise evidence, could be true but that
place has been looked over so many times - False

U.F.O - This is the biggest one of them all! I know there is alot of evidence
but it dosn't add up to me, US government experimenting - False

Yowie/Big Foot - Photo graphic evidence and some other stuff, but you would think
they would of founde the rouge ape! - False

Sea Monsters - eh, could be true, because 3/4 of the sea hasn't been discovered
- True

Ghosts??? - I guess they are under this catergory (sp), some evidence, - False

So there you go folks, to my believing that 1 in that list is true!

What about the chicken monster from KFC, it is a big mutated chicken that KFC breaks up and feeds to you!

I missed some, so I will update the list when i find some more!
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2005, 10:10 AM
And BOOM! goes the dynamite.
View Posts: 656

Quote:
Chupicabbra (sp) - Some evidence - False
And this is your opinion? Well I must say there are very credible witnesses. Oh and explain all the blood being drained out of a goat with just two small punture marks in the neck. That would take a while for someone to do by hand not just one night.

Quote:
Congo Dinosaur - They heard Dinosaur noises, could of been elephants - False
Not quite sure about that. It is kind of farfetched but there where eyewitness reports.
Any of you really interested here is a basic report on it. It is call the Mokele Mbembe. It resebles a sauropod.

Quote:
Nessie - Photo graphic evidence and noise evidence, could be true but that
place has been looked over so many times - False
I do believe in Nesse. Just so you know there are millions of caves in that place. Where would you go if you saw somthing right above you. In a cave! Okay? Now there is hard evedence of Nesse. Again a lot of credible witnesses saw her. Oh and it is spelled Nesse

Quote:
U.F.O - This is the biggest one of them all! I know there is alot of evidence
but it dosn't add up to me, US government experimenting - False
There is a lot of evedence. Just becasue it dosn't add up to you does not mean it is false. I do believe that now there might be somethig out there.

Quote:
Yowie/Big Foot - Photo graphic evidence and some other stuff, but you would think
they would of founde the rouge ape! - False
No I really don't think so. And what do you call seeing them? I consider them found just not contained.

Quote:
Sea Monsters - eh, could be true, because 3/4 of the sea hasn't been discovered
- True
Definatly more than likly.

Quote:
Ghosts??? - I guess they are under this catergory (sp), some evidence, - False
Ghosts are not cryptids but they are real. I have seen some and my dad sometimes moves things the way he likes them. See my sig for info.

______Thank you Emily, for the birthday card!______
[Racht][Gray] [Myles]
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2005, 10:14 AM
space travel is boring

Welly Welly Welly, Maybe you are forgeting that these are living creatures, and what happens to living creatures, they die, thats right, they die!

I think someone would of found a carcus, they have found small sea monster carcuses, i do not see 7 ft yowie carcuses around anywhere, and nessie to survive this long in a lake with no fish!

Oh and for these creatures to survive they would need to copulate!

What about the chicken monster from KFC?
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2005, 10:27 AM
A heaping helping of Southern goodness. Now with extra awkwardness!
Send a message via AIM to Star Boy Send a message via Skype™ to Star Boy
View Posts: 907

I certainly think that there are some unbelievable creatures that are in existance. The world is a really big place and scientists discover new species of animals pretty often. It's very possible that some elusive and rare animals and creatures have kept under the radar for quite awhile and are said to not be real because there's no credible witness or authoritative source to say, "Hey, I saw Big Foot and he's real."

When someone comes forward and says that he/she has seen something, people just automatically start to think that the person is crazy. I'm inclined to believe some of people that have been witness to the bizarre because it gives me more assurance in my own mind that there are some truly strange things out there.

I really wish that I could see something out of the ordinary just so I could know for a fact that there's some terrifying, strange, fascinating creatures that live on this planet.

[Sig courtesy of the talented, beautiful, and absolutely fantastic Liah]

[My BA Characters are Aidan and Edward Kitsuo]
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2005, 10:29 AM
Half an eight
View Posts: 2,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles
Oh and it is spelled Nesse
No offence, but it isn't. She's called Nessie, not Nesse. Just try to google for those words, and you'll see which one brings up more results of the monster.

Man, what a pointless post this is.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-18-2005, 09:19 PM

Quote:
No offence, but it isn't. She's called Nessie, not Nesse. Just try to google for those words, and you'll see which one brings up more results of the monster.

Man, what a pointless post this is.
Yes it is a pointless post But I always thought it was spelled nesse. I may just keep spelling it that way.

Now back on topic. I always believed in Monsters. But my question is... Which is fact and which is fiction? Now we could try to deciepher fact from fiction.

Monsters (Don't worry it's just for now there will be more.)

1.) Nesse. (loch ness monster.)

2.) Big foot. (This includes all versions.)

3.) Chupacbra. ( A portu rican monster that kills goats)

4.) The jersey devil.

Evidence:

1.) Reliable eyewitness accounts. Photographic evedence. Sound evidence. Plus Bible metionings. (See above for my pic! I think it may be nesse... However I am not sure.)

2.) Many people including Indians and Pioneers Saw them. Some ZU members have seen them.

3.) Reliable eyewitness accounts the fact that all the blood was sucked from goats in two very small punture marks.

4.) Mutilated bodys... But there are so many stories this one will be a challange.

More coming soon!

[Racht][Gray] [Myles]
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-18-2005, 09:30 PM
space travel is boring

Quote:
1.) Reliable eyewitness accounts. Photographic evedence. Sound evidence. Plus Bible metionings. (See above for my pic! I think it may be nesse... However I am not sure.)
Don't you think a nessie would of died and left a corpse around, I don't know how long the myth has been around about nessie but surley when the so called evidence showed up ages and ages ago, she wold be dead now, even if she was left over from the dinosaurs there would of been other nessies for reproduction!!

Quote:
2.) Many people including Indians and Pioneers Saw them. Some ZU members have seen them.
If so many people have seen them where is the hard evidence of corpses and wouldn't of the pioneers shot them or attacted them as they did with all the other things, surely there would be corpses, unless they have discovered religion and the other big-foots buried the dead ones! Oh and wern't the Indians of there heads having visions from smoking drugs!

I havn't heard much about the Jersey Devil, so if you want to elaborate more!
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 07:56 AM
I'll call it a telegram if I so wish
View Posts: 1,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninboy
Don't you think a nessie would of died and left a corpse around, I don't know how long the myth has been around about nessie but surley when the so called evidence showed up ages and ages ago, she wold be dead now, even if she was left over from the dinosaurs there would of been other nessies for reproduction!!

If so many people have seen them where is the hard evidence of corpses and wouldn't of the pioneers shot them or attacted them as they did with all the other things, surely there would be corpses, unless they have discovered religion and the other big-foots buried the dead ones! Oh and wern't the Indians of there heads having visions from smoking drugs!

I havn't heard much about the Jersey Devil, so if you want to elaborate more!
I don't think there's only one Nesse, if it exists. There must be a small group living in the loch, and it so happens that every now and then one rises. Judging by the descriptions, Nesse, Selma and some other lake monsters seem to be plesiosaurs. So I suppose a major question could be whether the plesiosaur is truly extinct. It is possible, since living fossils have been found, like the coelacanth.

If there have been so few sightings of these cryptids, they must be rare if real. Corpses do not last forever, and large as one may be, it's probably gone before anyone finds it.

The Jersey Devil, from what I read, is a devilish being residing in New Jersey. There are several stories, but the gist of them is a woman who gave birth to an incarnation of a devil. I don't personally believe in it because it isn't really a cryptid but a supernatural being.
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2005, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szerenade
I don't think there's only one Nesse, if it exists. There must be a small group living in the loch, and it so happens that every now and then one rises. Judging by the descriptions, Nesse, Selma and some other lake monsters seem to be plesiosaurs. So I suppose a major question could be whether the plesiosaur is truly extinct. It is possible, since living fossils have been found, like the coelacanth.

If there have been so few sightings of these cryptids, they must be rare if real. Corpses do not last forever, and large as one may be, it's probably gone before anyone finds it.

The Jersey Devil, from what I read, is a devilish being residing in New Jersey. There are several stories, but the gist of them is a woman who gave birth to an incarnation of a devil. I don't personally believe in it because it isn't really a cryptid but a supernatural being.
Yes I actually think it is a cryptid. That is just a story I think. I do however think it is a monster.

[Racht][Gray] [Myles]

Tags
cryptids, nesse