Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2005, 12:44 PM
And BOOM! goes the dynamite.
View Posts: 656
Re: Guns or Swords

If you use a gun your a coward. I someone could kill me with a pistol. No one can kill me with a sword. You gun users SUCK . Now that is how I feel.

______Thank you Emily, for the birthday card!______
[Racht][Gray] [Myles]
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Elite Magus Fanboy
View Posts: 894

Guns aren't cowardly really, if somebody gets to close and you're out of ammo pistol whip them or smack them with the stock of the gun. Now you'd have to be bold to do that, because it'd take a few hits as with a a sword it'd be done pretty fast depending on where you hit them.

Personally, I can't choose one. Swords are fun to fight with while it's fun to shoot at a target with guns.
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2005, 01:42 PM
look, for srsly...
Send a message via AIM to Terrin
View Posts: 2,155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_myles
If you use a gun your a coward. I someone could kill me with a pistol. No one can kill me with a sword. You gun users SUCK . Now that is how I feel.
Hey Myles, has anyone ever told you that huge text like that is really really obnoxious?
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Agent of Divine Wrath
View Posts: 222

Not to mention its not exactly discreet. ¬_¬'
Zerolus, you're awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah
A mod would crush them both, and this topic would be locked.
Buddies: The_DORK, Leon Prower, Elijah
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2005, 02:51 PM
i AM princess zelda!
Send a message via AIM to *Zelphar*
View Posts: 569

Swords are cooler... And Pink link, to run out of ammo, you would have had to shoot too, so that would be a last resort to pistol whack someone. I like swords, just because, well they rock. Although a sawed-off shotgun is also kool...
Supporter of our troops and George Bush
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2005, 02:54 PM
goes to the mayor
View Posts: 5,430

though MGS3 snake eater is just a game, it really delves into the world of guns. And after playing that game I realized just how honorable and intense guns can be. There is a special technique to everysingle handgun, rifle, automatic etc.
98% of the teen population is cool, 2% aren't
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Send your creditcard #s If one's lucky you win $30
View Posts: 315

I personally choose a sword. you actually get to see who you are fighting. whereas guns you just point and shoot. kablammo the person is dead and you never saw a look of terror in their eyes. they rarely know what happened. if I was to die, I would not want to die without knowing what happened. I would want to see my assailant. but hey guns are way more useful nowindays.

a bit of gun trivia, when the first guns were tried out on an army, the attacking side shot the defending but the bullets bounced off the defending's armour. the defending laughed and slaughtered the gun users. the competition was less powerful than ten peasants hitting people over the head with shovels!

Kudos to lemmines for the sig and ans for the avvy
Do not attempt to use the computer for anything else other than the entering of the code. This is its only funtion. The isolation that attends the duties associated with station 3, may tempt you to try to use the computer for communication with the outside world. This is strictly forbidden. Attempting to use the computer in this manner will compromise the intregrity of the project, or worse, lead to another incident.
^ ...oops
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2005, 03:15 PM
You know you love it.
Send a message via AIM to Yami

View Posts: 6,884

Quote:
You sir are a dumbass. Ever fired a pistol at someone? No.

Nor have I, but I can guess that it would take alot of guts to kill someone in cold blood. Guns do their job. Kill. Why were they developed? Self-defense of course. The Psycology of a killer and a standard person are totally different, but say they both have a gun. The killer would pull the trigger with no remorse, but the standard guy may hesitate. He may miss, he may use it wrong. But the fact remains its all about the skill of how you use that certain weapon. It takes alot of skill to use a gun properly.
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2005, 03:42 PM
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
Steam ID: HALF LIFE 3 IS NEVER GONNA BE RELEASED!
View Posts: 10,090

Quote:
You sir, are a retard. Please use this next time.

Now, your saying that if I use a gun, I am a coward? That means, if I use a projectile weapon (which is what it is since you wouldn't know based on your ability to respond) like a bow or a crossbow, than am I a coward? Look, a gun is the same as a sword; they both kill. Now, they have different ways of killing, yes. This however, does not give you the right to say that whomever uses a gun is a coward. I guess the Army, police force, and all those who have a gun or a projectile weapon of some sorts are cowards as, zOMG, there killing from a distance!

Now that I have debunked your pitiful point, I can tell you that it takes a lot of skill and also bravery to actualy kill form a distance. A gun basicly does that and quite nicely too. Plus, I could kill you with a gun if I trained myself to shoot at a moving target that is far away and be called skilled. However, you can deem me unskilled, if I went right up to you and shot you. See how much skill you need to fire a gun. Oh and I could easily hack someone up too with a sword, zOMG, no sklz!!

Next, please.

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
Last Edited by Nox; 06-04-2005 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Frack is a musical term
View Posts: 80

hmm... lets compare

sword:
good at close range
useless at long range
may require more skill than guns
can do more damage to a person when used properly

gun:
good at almost anyrange
somewhat bad a close range
point an shoot and be done with it
can have a bayonet on it (or in my rifle's case, a short sword)

any thing i forgot?

If you must know, I'm KWSN.
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Elite Magus Fanboy
View Posts: 894

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSN
may require more skill than guns
Aiming with sights from a range is harder than mindlessly flailing your arm, mate.
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2005, 03:26 PM
And BOOM! goes the dynamite.
View Posts: 656

Hey everyone who called me a retard you are one ass holes two complete dumbasses.
You have to go through the same thing of the takes a lot of guts to kill. Plus am I going to one hit for forty feet away kill you no!!!!!!!! you are just a styerotipical moron!
And kid you have to try and block the other persons sword. The sword gives each person a chance to win the gun is whoever shoots first. Thank you goodbye.
Sincirly,
Lord_myles master of the blade....

______Thank you Emily, for the birthday card!______
[Racht][Gray] [Myles]
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Frack is a musical term
View Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Link
Aiming with sights from a range is harder than mindlessly flailing your arm, mate.
good point, i forgot about iron sights

Quote:
Hey everyone who called me a retard you are one ass holes two complete dumbasses.
You have to go through the same thing of the takes a lot of guts to kill. Plus am I going to one hit for forty feet away kill you no!!!!!!!! you are just a styerotipical moron!
And kid you have to try and block the other persons sword. The sword gives each person a chance to win the gun is whoever shoots first. Thank you goodbye.
Sincirly,
allow me to post in terms you understand

WRONG

you see, the person who shoots the gun first has an advantage, but doesn't always win. you see, do you die if you get shot in the foot? no. you can take out the person who shot you if you can stay steady enough.

If you must know, I'm KWSN.
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2005, 03:46 PM
woop!
Send a message via AIM to Correk
View Posts: 848

Quote:
Sincirly,
Wow, thanks for making sense. :\ Guns are much better than swords. They take much more skill to use properly and don't depend majorly on brute strength. And 'winning' a gun fight doesn't depend on who shoots first, it's based on who shoots more skillfully. Notice that word skillfully?

And if you're still too thick to get what I'm saying, I'll give you a hypothetical situation. If you and I were in a gun fight and you happened to get the first shot on me, but alas, you hit me in the thigh and missed the major vein in there. Now then, granted I had a high tolerence for pain, I could look up and shoot you square in the heart and Boom! you're dead. Bet then in your last couple seconds of life you'd wish you had enough skill (see, that word skill pops up again) too shoot me in a more vital place instead of my leg.

|Rules|Memberlist|PM|Search|FAQ|I'm so cool
-Member of the Farore clan.
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2005, 03:49 PM
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
Steam ID: HALF LIFE 3 IS NEVER GONNA BE RELEASED!
View Posts: 10,090

Quote:
Sincirly,
....Ok, I'm gonna try to get to the point here, despite your retarded grammar and crap.

So, one a-hole and 2 dumbasses? Is this some sort of retarded equation of yours? Cause I can't figure it out.

Forty-feet away your going to hit me with a sword? Ha ha, is this Final Fantasy? zOMG, I CSAT FIRE 3 ON U! LOL!!111

Oh and the person that shoots first, wins? What if they miss? Oh wait, according to that stupid statement, they still win, even if they miss!

Being the obnoxious sh-t I am, heres a pic for you:
Staff: No imgs
May I know why?

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
Last Edited by Nox; 06-06-2005 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 72

Swords are cooler, but guns ARE more useful for all of the reasons stated above.

Personally, I can use both swords and guns proficiently. I hunt on a regular basis (And no, I'm NOT one of those people that hunts for the sake of hunting. My father and I both use the meat of the rabbits and deer we kill. I also keep the antlers.)
Want an avy or banner? PM me.
Looking for a ZU BF.
Project Zelda: My Forum
If you'd like to be friends, just PM me!
(l_(l
(OO)
([][])
(___)O to help this bunny rule the world copy and paste him to yor sig started by mattnapp
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 51

let me clear up one thing
guns aren't as easy as point and pull
this is just a presumption used by someone whos played FPS games and never used a real gun
this is true at a close range but something like skeet shooting or using certian guns for long distance shooting
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2005, 01:23 PM
the fyre in the night
View Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsword
Honestly, I dont know. I agree that guns do the stuff faster, but it took me two long years to get kick ass at the art of swordplay, and I couldn't be happier to be able to do it. I think thats its a lot more fun to fight with swords (although I doubt many people do that, maybe I'm just crazy) but sometimes on occasion I will play paintball. But most of the summer its spent either training or fighting hardcore with some sixteen year olds in these woods by my friends house. Swordfighting is the most fun I've ever had, but man do we get cut up lol.
I agree, all me and my friends do is fight with our swords (and occasionally staves) swordfighting is one of the most fun things i can do, plus i look totally badass doing it!

hey bloodsword, what kind of sword do you use? is it battle ready?
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2005, 01:35 PM
The Legendary Manslayer
View Posts: 71

Personly I much rather use my Fist do the talking but this is between guns and swords.
Swords are bad ass and I own a few but in this day and age guns(regretably) are a much more widly used than swords. Because they are more efficent in what they do, kill. As for skill I say it take more skill to master a sword than a gun, but it dose take lot of skill to be a sniper as well.
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to Heroine of Time
View Posts: 111

Dude, it's all about swords. They take so much more skill, and not only that, but they're a whole lot cooler too. I wish people still did their fights w/ swords. I just want to buy one to swing it around.

And i'm not just saying this cause i like zelda.

Tags
guns, swords