Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2005, 04:20 AM
View Posts: n/a
Is everybody content and happy?

I go out everyday and I see plenty of people on the street. And I'm just wondering. Everyone seems to be content and happy. There aren't a lot of people who look unhappy or insecure or dissatisfied with life.

So is this all an act or are people genuinely content with their lives?

the only people I see who seem unhappy are young people around the ages of 18-24. We all seem to have the same expression on our faces out on the street.

But as for the adults, they all seem so content.

is it because they've already achieved all thats possible with their lives and have achieved reasonable stability and just want to live out their lives making the most of it?

Young people are too ambitious these days I guess. If its not money they're after, its something else. ITs all about want, want, want, and grabbing as much from society as possible before you get old and its too late.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2005, 05:27 AM
Play your flute and dance and sing your song.
Send a message via AIM to southern belle Send a message via Skype™ to southern belle
View Posts: 6,032
Re: Is everybody content and happy?

I'm pretty happy with my life. I have a good family (even if my bro is annoying sometimes), and I have a clear goal for my life. I think that a lot of people who aren't entirely content with their lives aren't necessarily going to show it walking down the street. That's not to say that everyone walking down the street looking happy is faking it, or that everyone who isn't hides it. It's just that a lot of people are proud, and they don't want strangers feeling sorry for them. So if they aren't happy, they hide it.

Panique made the sig, chibis by Andrea. The squee-inducing avy is by DQ. <3
BA Characters: Sarah Hamilton, Bella, Luna
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2005, 05:38 AM
~*~ 'lil forest elf ~*~
Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiza
View Posts: 608

Some days I feel a bit down, but most of the time I'm happy. I spend a lot of time wondering what to do in the future and that can make me feel sad sometimes because I can't really figure out what to do.
But most of the time I'm happy! Right now I'm really happy

~*~ Sig & avy by me ~*~

#4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2005, 08:25 AM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to capella_m
View Posts: 185

The ages of 18-24 are a very unstable time in many of our lives, and we go through a lot that makes us think, and seem rather upset and stressed. My religion helps me cope with this more than anything. It makes me smile when I think it is even impossible to be happy, and helps me get through everything.

My siggy by Tatl has returned!
[My Original Fiction][My Fan Fiction]
Gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate, bodhi svaha...
Raised by Altamira, who also did the awesome clan banner.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2005, 08:29 AM
The fluffy temptation of wheat
Send a message via AIM to Wolf
View Posts: 1,745

I'm quite happy, thank you. I don't want anything in particular, my sisters aren't annoying me, and my school grades are good.

Is ambition really that bad? If I want to make the world a better place, does that mean I'm too ambitius?

#6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2005, 08:34 AM
Princess Aurion Princess Aurion is a female United Kingdom Princess Aurion is offline
Anna's Mirror
View Posts: 492

I like my life, yeah sure i have up's and downs, like being over protected by my parents isn't exactly great...But i have lots of friends to talk to and hang about with, good friends i mean, my brother looks out for me, but that does have it's badsides cuz he's always around, i can't go anywhere without him
But yeah, i'm happy ^_^

^Made by me
My deviantart ^-^
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Lil` Link Fishy
View Posts: 1,134

I'm also happy with my life! I have good friends, do well in school, and well in the sports I do (swimming and soccer). I also have a lot of awsome pocessions (Zelda games, computer in my room with the internet, cool fish stuff, etc, etc.) The only thing that could improve in my life is the way my family treats each other, we get along, but have at least 2 arguements every day!

^thanks to Shrukan_Caelestis for my sig!
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Successfully putting one foot in front of the other since 1989
View Posts: 2,283

I'm happy with my life. I don't know what I'm going to do after college, but, having the Christian faith, I belive God will lead me to where I'm supposed to go.
Sure, sometimes I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing now, but I'm pretty sure my main responsibility is doing well in school, to get that good college education.

Quote:
The only thing that could improve in my life is the way my family treats each other, we get along, but have at least 2 arguements every day!
Yeah, I'm with you. My family argues a lot (I have 2 brothers and 4 sisters), so as you can tell, my parents get stressed often. I used to fight and argue with my siblings a lot, but I'm getting better.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to capella_m
View Posts: 185

Right now I live with my grandmother as her caretaker, because she can't drive and she can barely really do much for herself anymore. I would rather do this than leave it in the hands of a stranger that got a CNA license tossed their way.

Of course, we argue. This place is tiny, and she's stubborn, and when I am not practicing Right Mindfulness I am stubborn too, and she disapproves of my leaving the Christian faith as well as my sexuality. She treats me like I'm a failure but I realize she was brought up to beileve Buddhism caused schizophrenia...

Being happy used to be tricky, until now.

But, chinakid, from your posts, the real question here is: are you happy and content?

My siggy by Tatl has returned!
[My Original Fiction][My Fan Fiction]
Gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate, bodhi svaha...
Raised by Altamira, who also did the awesome clan banner.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2005, 01:31 PM
And the people bowed and prayed, To the neon god they made
Send a message via AIM to sadida

View Posts: 5,529

Yes. Everyone is content and happy, dancing in feilds of flowers, living in harmony until the end of time.
C'mon. Not everyone is content and happy. Rather, it's a silly question to even ask.
If you must know, I'm content right now, but certantly not happy.
oo

EDIT: Oh, and I do fall in that 18-24 age range, so maybe it is something to do with my generation. oO;;
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Goron
View Posts: 155

I'd say I'm happy but not completely content....I'm restless...theres so much out there in the world...so much to do, accomplish, experience...if I settled and was content I'm not sure I would have the energy or drive to go out and tackle these things...so I dont mind the discontent, I welcome it! If everything was perfect, what would my goals be?! In everything there is opportunity... =)
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 418

Everything is scary.....
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2005, 06:57 PM
Fab Emblem
View Posts: 12,277

I'm not sure what you want me to say, Chinakid, but I'm not happy with my life at all. I always feel like I want to kill myself everyday, and I'm very sad. Having gone through all the crap I have gone through (I still am going through a lot of crap) I'm surprised I haven't gone on a killing spree.

Still, I laugh everyday and even if I do smile, it does not mean I am happy. In fact, I haven't felt the feeling we call happiness for ages, literally ages. I can't remember the last time.

I'm not one of those negative guys that just sit all day by their computers, I use my PC almost everyday but I don't spend that much time on it, I prefer going out here in my neighborhood with my friends and hang out with them or do some sort of activity.

Tags
content, happy