Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2003, 08:35 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 88
weird dreams

has anyone had any weird dreams? i had one recently. i dreamt that i woke up, watched Entertainment Tonight and went back to sleep.

i took the ragnarok test, and i'm a swordsman
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,130
Re: weird dreams

Ok well get ready for a rather legnthy 2. Both took place in the same settinga nd are strangely connected:
The first: I find myself climbing up a rock wall the is perfectly perpendicular to the ground. I then reach the top with my dad next to me an continue on through a cave with multiple waterfalls, the beauty of the cave is indiscribable, perfect light rocks perfectly placed to walk across the river perfect. As we came of of the cave we reached a house of the top of a mountain. One of my elderly family members lived there, it wasa mountain cottage. I helped Out around the house and planted a garden. She was crying like she didn't expect anyone to ever come up there, the house was surounded in miles of froest. We continued to hike back down the mountain and eventually cameto an open field on the slope where we out ran and out smarted Polar Bears. At the bottom of the mountain there was a builfding witha rescue class going on inside and i returned something to one of my friends who happened to be the teacher.
I then woke up very satisfied.

The second: I and a girl, I do not know who(presumably a fantasy love interest) were coming into a cave on the top of the mountain. On top of said mountain was a huge hotel. The hotel was very reminecent of a mansion and the halls were like this one hotel i went to once that was a coverted playboy maansion(i kid you not), there had been some big meeting there and i had a strange feeling the fate of the world was being decided. Omce in the cave, we help the old lady from the first dream intoa small raft. We pushed her down the left side of a fork toget her out of whatever danger was there. We were sucked down that side when we really wante dto go back to the top, then behind us was another fork which we though tled back to the same point(where we wanted to go). We swam up it only to be washed back halfway. We landed somewhere else. But it was the wrong exit. the old lady had gon ethe same route and we were going over a waterfall. I managed to stay fine after the huge drop. But i had to dive in and save the girl. I put her back on land and wrapped he rin a blanket to keep warm.
Once again i wake up with a satisfied feeling.

Thoughts anyone or did you all just see what i posted and say wow thats way too long to read?
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2003, 10:54 PM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via AIM to oracle
View Posts: 4

weird
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2003, 11:20 PM
Formerly known as Izual - Honored Fan
Send a message via AIM to Regicide
View Posts: 177

Oracle that is Spam!

Zeldafreak... umm I really dont get your dreams and also was the girl hot?

PM me if you add me.
Phantom Hourglass Code: 2535-2611-6564
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2003, 02:12 AM
Better Than You
View Posts: 665

Weird dreams are always a source of interesting conversation.

I have a recurring dream that I've been having for about 3 years now, about once or twice a year. Hitler and the Nazi's have taken over my elementary school, to use as their new headquarters. Unfortunately, everyone there is trapped inside by some invisible force, and we cant escape. Most of the students have turned and become Nazis, as have most of the teachers. But a few of us, myself included, have started a rebellion. We are close to finding a way out, but the kindergarteners keep slowing us down, and alot of people think that everyone who cant carry a gun should be killed or set loose to fend for themselves. Eventually somebody decided to put all of the little kids under the control of one person, to take care of them and teach them how to use automatic weapons and how to throw grenades. That person is me. I get the idea this wasnt a choice assignment, because i put up a lot of protest. But I still do it. We put up a good fight, keeping the kindergarteners safe and using them to carry messages. ( which is odd because my elementary school was fairly small, you could shout from one end to the other) One day, while moving the little kids to a safer location, we are caught, almost every one is brutally murdered, and their heads were put on pikes in the principals office. I am burned at a stake after kicking Hitler in the groin.

So thats my dream. Very narcissitic, i know, to give my self the opportunity to kick Hitler, as well as a method of death usually reserved for martyrs. But what can you do?
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2003, 03:16 AM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,815

Wait... Dark Magician.. that is the exact same dream I had a few months ago (yes it made that deep an impact on me...) anyway I woke up next morning not even being sure whether I'd seen ET or not... and that's silly cos I don't live in the States so we have no ET :S yeah it was awfully weird..

twitter | raptr
Signature made by Haret! :>
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2003, 03:23 AM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Mercutio
View Posts: 2,764

You do realise dreams are pretty much erased from your memory seconds after you wake up... Also, dreams are your brain working as a filing cabinent and sorting through all the stuff you think about and do. If you watch a horror movie, that probably will give you nightmares. Therefore dreams do affect your life, because they represent your life. But dream analysts are talking through their rear ends.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2003, 03:38 AM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,815

yeah.. I hate it when I don't remember my dream.. that's most of the time.. but sometimes I remember..
I had a handy method that seemed to work for me, if I woke up in the middle of the night after a dream, I'd drink a sip of water (without having to get up, just a glass on the nightstand) and go back to sleep again, then when I'd wake up in the morning I'd take another sip and somehow that repeat took me back to the moment where I kinda half woke up, and I'd remember the dream

I've never had a nightmare after a scary movie, luckily

twitter | raptr
Signature made by Haret! :>
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Grand Inquisitor
View Posts: 3,237

Many times your brian fills in blanks that you can't remember from dreams. If you do intend to examine what you really dreamed then its important to make sure you examine it as soon as you get up, otherwise you have a good chance of adding parts that didn't exist at all to your dream.

Thanks to Captain Cornflake for the redesign, originally Pipking's.
Rules don't hurt, but mods make sure disobeying them does.|Adopted imstarbright
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2003, 09:17 AM
Phaptastical.
View Posts: 2,758

i had weirdest dream that i got a bra and kept whipping people with it, weird o_O
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 409

The weirdest dream I ever had included the Penguin from Wallace and Gromit and green and purple cheese. It was very unusual. And then other dreams I've had included a volcano erupting near my school, and my art class escaping on Concorde, don't know where that came from. And another when I missed the turn off on the way to uni and I drove through a quarry and ended up in Birmingham, which was very very close to Bristol according to a road sign.

I also dreamt the other night that I was back in school doing a maths exam. That was more of anightmare on my part I think.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2003, 10:57 AM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,130

Yea the girl was pretty hot. I try to remember dreams like that when i first wake up then i remember them for a long time. there are those dreams that i would like to remember but i just can't. Most go away pretty wuick but i remember the good ones like when i rode my bike off the top of my house and flew.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 99

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercutio
You do realise dreams are pretty much erased from your memory seconds after you wake up... Also, dreams are your brain working as a filing cabinent and sorting through all the stuff you think about and do. If you watch a horror movie, that probably will give you nightmares. Therefore dreams do affect your life, because they represent your life. But dream analysts are talking through their rear ends.
It doesnt really work like that a dream is clasified as a sub-conicious(have no idea how to spell it) thought or idea. Even a it could come from a question someone asked u years ago but still it sort of saves in your brain. As many people know your brain is like a computer but much more powerfull then the ones we use. Like a computer you could be typing something up like in "word" then your computer might freeze when u turn the computer on next and open up "word" the computer remembers the last thing u did. This also happens in dreams. A single thought could bring back old memories like during your childhood or posibly when u where a baby. The same things in movies a scary movie brings back thoughts or pictures of somthing scary u saw or heard or imagined creating an illusion tricking your brain to think that it is really happening but then u wake up and realise it isnt real creating more thoughts that can come back ata a later time. All those who could be bothered reading this thank u.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2003, 09:38 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Crystal Sabre... that's exactly what I said. It sorts through memories and places them in correct places, things that aren't nessecary to remember (Short Term) go into the bin. These are displayed like a TV show in your mind, sometimes (Most times) overlapping and creating what we know as dreams.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2003, 09:47 PM
i know only that i know nothing
View Posts: 1,849

Indian people say that dreams can sometimes show you the futur.
Like once I was dreaming that I was holding my GBC as I swam in a room trying to get it wet. But eventually I did and it broke down.
Next day my friend played with it, then put it on the ground. then he was sitting on a bad chair, and it broke down, breaking my GBC in the process. O_o
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2003, 09:54 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Heh, that's interesting, though impossible. The future isn't pre-determined, so nothing is for certain. Thus, it cannot be predicted. That is dependant on your status on religion however. Which we will not bring into the arguement.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2003, 08:04 AM
The Hank
View Posts: 2,013

what im about to tell me sound weird to some but hey IM WEIRD MWHAHAHA
no if ya have a dream and ya cant remember it you ahve to meditate
(i meditate) hehe
meditation makes you relaxed but i remembered a dream (or was it a vision i dont know) but in that dream i could see myself holding a flame in my hands and i was in a complete void there was nothing everything was black
i was wearing black baggy pants (wich i dont even owned at that point) and a red shirt
i could see myself i wasnt looking from MY point of view
i was looking very calmly at the flame and suddenly i looked up and i could see that i didnt had any pupiles (very weird)
suddenly i saw myself buring up and then there was nothing but a little flame just a flame in a black void shrtly after that i woke up and i was drenched in sweat
i still dont understand it but the weirdest part was that i burned my hands 3 days after it....
and since i burned my hands i havent had a dream ever since and thats been about 1 year and a half ago
(yeah i know i must have had a dream) but i didnt see them in my mind and i couldnt remember them
hat dream has made the deepest impact on me... (and my hands hehe)
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2003, 08:24 AM
Possibly gay
Send a message via AIM to Karasu Tengu
View Posts: 1,253

I had this dream just last night.
I was sleeping when I felt a tap on my sholder. "Wake up,"said a voice. I looked up at the man who was tapping me. "There's something I need to show you," said the man. I got out of bed and began to follow him. He led me through a cave until I came to a place that looked like Hyrule. The man handed me a sword. "You're gonna need this," he said. I went through another cave where I found a wide landscape. Two men in a cage began laughing at me. I kept going through caves and landscapes until I woke up.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2003, 09:49 AM
Phaptastical.
View Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Heh, that's interesting, though impossible. The future isn't pre-determined, so nothing is for certain. Thus, it cannot be predicted. That is dependant on your status on religion however. Which we will not bring into the arguement.

ur one of those people that only go by the facts aren't u?... well if it does happen where dreams do tell the future...am i really gonna whip people with a bra o.O
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2003, 10:50 AM
))<>((. Forever
View Posts: 1,360

Quote:
true, but sometimes i get the weirdest deja vu from my dream, then they actually happen. i think subconsciously you want something to happen, then it does

Tags
dreams, weird