Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 08:52 AM
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!
Send a message via AIM to Safer
View Posts: 3,815
Who hates or would hate uniforms?

My school is soooooooooooooo annoying. We have to wear Uniforms... sob. :disappoin Every day its the same policy, and it sucks. BELIEVE ME!!! it syucks to no extent of human analigy. NEVER, I mean NEVER go to a uniform school. You will hate it. Anyone who feels hates Uniforms as muchs as I do, feel free to comment here.

“There are two types of statistics in the world: Lies, and damn lies.” ~Mark Twain
Simply kickass sig by uǝzoɹɟ.
UPA Chief. Have a puppy, too.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 09:15 AM
baka.
View Posts: 8,433
Re: Who hates or would hate uniforms?

I want to move to Japan where the girls have such cute school uniforms. But as of now, I hate them to death!!!!
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 09:42 AM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
RIP Robin Williams (8/11/14)
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

View Posts: 11,255

Been there, done that. I went to a Private Highschool where the dresscode for guys was very neat and clean. All guys must be well shaven, and as far as clothes go, guys don't have as many options as girls do:

We have two options:
  • Neat, clean, ironed collared(sp?) shirt or turtleneck sweater
    • with choice of bow tie, or standard tie (it's a requirment unless you have a turtleneck on)
    and pants
    • They can be khaki, Dark blue, or black.
  • When it comes to shoes, sneakers for outdoor activities, formal wear shoes for classes.

And of course, hearing a formal vest, coat, or jacket is optional. One more thing, there can't be any stains, tears, or fading on any of your clothing. If they find any, they'll send you back to your dormatorty to change and return (giving you a tardy slip by missing out on the class' lesson while you were gone because it was your fault not being dressed properly)

Beat that (God I loathed that school. The girls were hot!, but the requirements killed me)

-BGS

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 10:11 AM
Anime_Queen Anime_Queen is a female United Kingdom Anime_Queen is offline
Light Spirit
View Posts: 8,205

Actually, I keep forgetting that american schools are largely non-uniform based ( correct me if wrong) and that only private schools excercise the uniform card.

Hate me if you want but I find myself strongly fOR uniform especially in primary and secondary schools, though agree to allow the teenager the will of dressing independently after that.

I used to live in a rough area in Scotland and was sO grateful for uniform as a way of keeping everyone on the same level. Bullying is very rife among kids ( and adults but then situations are slightly different) and kids from poor families usually ended up getting a hard time on *non-uniform* days because they didn't have all the latest fashions. And being one of 6 siblings, I wasn't a great supporter of the non-uniform Days ( I shudder to think what it would have been like it it was a non-uniform wEEk O.o )
kids/young teenagers usually dress to impress and show off rather than express personality. It's seldom you'd find a kid who'd go against fashion to wear what they personally prefer.
Yep, thats what I think.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 10:30 AM
seriously unban me from the chatroom you gits
Send a message via AIM to Kedsy
View Posts: 769

I don't see what's the problem with uniforms. I really don't. Oh well, guess it's one of those things I won't ever understand.

Oh and I do have a thing for uniforms. Yes, I do. :3
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 3,494

I like uniforms. It means I don't have to worry about wearing "cool" clothes lest I be annoyed by the various cliques. Uniformity is a good thing in the case of school and most work environments.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,456

I hate uniforms as well. I think it's useless even though the school said: "It's for organization and unity!" I mean, how old and out-dated is that!? It's 21st century already, and they are still doing the uniform thing? They should get on with the program already.

This isn't any communism education or something similar to that anymore.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 11:22 AM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGoronSword
Beat that (God I loathed that school. The girls were hot!, but the requirements killed me)
Just to make things clear, I didn't like the uniforms that much, but I did like what they did to the student body (more organized, centered, focused, and made us look professional). What my highschool was doing was trying to prepare you for the "real world" (real world meaning in a buisness office setting). We'd use the "Harkness" table as our grounds of teaching (instead of individual desks/tables, we had one large wooden table and discussed around that...just like what you see in a buisness board meeting). I just wish there was a way we could get the best of both worlds if you know what I mean (wear casual clothing, but still had the dress code and classroom setting with the Harkness Table).

-BGS

#9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 11:31 AM
a/s/l
Send a message via AIM to Otaking Send a message via Yahoo to Otaking
View Posts: 2,509

Really whats the big deal? Once your out of school and get a real job you'll more than likely have to where a uniform of some kind. So hey might as well deal with it.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Light Spirit

The thing is, we like to leave a good and fun memory of being free and still gaining knowledge in school before we all graduate. Also, not every job requires a tie and a suit.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,523

I don't mind uniforms....to an extent. I went to a catholic private school and they were strict on dress code, it was idiocy. We had to wear long sleves shirts with ties, long 'grandpa' pants all year around (even on the really got days, eg 45 degrees celcius) black leather belts, black or dark grey socks and chunky steel capped leather shoes all year round. In the winter we HAD to wear a jumper and blazer, it all sucked and if you didn't get even one thing correct then you got an afternoon detention. I had the worst time then and once I got out I shaved my head cause I could.

So I am going to say that uniforms are ok, its just the uniforms that puts neatness before comfort that I have a serious problem with....and to tell you the truth I wouldn't be caught dead in them now.

[ZU Psychologist] [Warriors: K.J]
Chi ga tempo non ga tempo (He who has time have no time) - Old Italian Proverb
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 12:25 PM
The silent observer since 2003
View Posts: 2,270

I would hate wearing a school-uniform. Not only would I look stupid, I also wouldn't be able to wear my band-shirts >_<;
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 12:41 PM
orz
Send a message via AIM to berrybliss
View Posts: 858

I don't really mind my uniform, except that girls' shirts go seethrough when it rains O_o

(Learned this through expriance. I wear a teeshirt under my shirt now)

Somthing I find really funny is that our ties have a cross on them, and the teachers don't like short ties, and make us wear our ties so long the cross becomes inverted. o-o

The thing I don't like is how they seem to have somthing against my friend Martin. He had long hair and they made him cut it to less than 2 inches. The school uniform policy says nothing about hair length, but they made him get it cut anyway.

PM Me|My Art|Kettledragon.net

My BA/RP characters
None right now, starting over (...again.)

#14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 12:55 PM
If you're out here why do I miss you so much
Send a message via AIM to lefty Send a message via Skype™ to lefty
Steam ID: lftenjamin
View Posts: 6,265

Here at my school in somewhere USA, we wear uniforms, its kind of okay, but I want to wear my own clothes.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldhissla
I would hate wearing a school-uniform. Not only would I look stupid, I also wouldn't be able to wear my band-shirts >_<;
You could always wear them underneith (yes I know you want to show it off). One more thing I forgot to mention at my old Highschool: The only times you are allowed to have casual wear is durring Lunch hours, Dinner hours, Sports, after school hours (if you are in a club, the dresscode is required), and the weekend (there are Saturday classes, so anytime after classes). Not many people take the time and effort to change into their casual wear durring school hours (lunch and dinner), what most guys do is just take off their tie, turtleneck, and jackets. The girls...their dresscode is more leaniant so they don't change that much. Was anyone else in a school like I was?

-BGS

#16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Mogma
Send a message via AIM to Space Pirate
View Posts: 166

Dear God I hate it so bad I wish I would die right now uniforms SUCK!!!!!

God Save The USA
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 01:53 PM
orz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfox64
Dear God I hate it so bad I wish I would die right now uniforms SUCK!!!!!
You want to die because of uniforms? I think that's going a little overboard, dear.

BGS: Lucky, we have to wear uniform anytime we're not doing gym or swimming. For those we have *Wait for it* sports uniforms and SCHOOL SWIMMING COSTUMES *Dies*

My BA/RP characters

Last Edited by berrybliss; 01-10-2005 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Because I can. Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Light Spirit

LOL... Total domination by the school. It seems as if school life for you is like a prison. Here, we got no uniforms. Everyone wears whatever they want to school.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 02:03 PM
<3 EA
View Posts: 3,578

I went to school in Iran, for 10 years, and you have to wear uniforms. So, I don't see the problem with them. I am used to them, and like them.

[Sig and Avy by EA]
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2005, 02:04 PM
orz

Actually all the schools here in england, to my knoledge, have uniform things. I thought everyone in the world had uniforum until I went on a german exchange two years ago. I geuss it doesn't suck so much if you're used to it. And like somone said before, it takes away the pressure of having to own the newest stuff and look cool. It's not all sucky, I geuss ^^

My BA/RP characters

Tags
hate, hates, uniforms