#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 08:44 AM
F.O.E. Hunter
Send a message via AIM to Hoopy Frood
View Posts: 6,511
Re: Roller Coasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriquendi View Post
I've been to a few rollercoasters, but I'm not really particularly fond of them. I remember the thunder mountain in Disney land in Paris.

It's been years since I've been to an amusement park, but I used to love *searches the internet for English name* log rides/flumes.

Splash Mountain is the ♥♥♥♥.

All of Disney World's coasters are awesome, but the best ones around here are on in Busch Gardens.

Montu is seriously a fantastic ride. Really smooth, and really fast.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 08:58 AM
I Shall Eat Your Babys
Send a message via Skype™ to WolfDeity
View Posts: 626

the last time i have been on a rollercoaster was when I was nine ... scared the ♥♥♥♥ out of me and i hated it
kinda want to go back and try again now that im older
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 10:52 AM
GIMME BACK MAH RUPEES
Send a message via Skype™ to hijuliaa
View Posts: 2,455

I do love rollar coasters, but since I barely go to theme parks anymore, my fear has grown a bit again. I'm uneasy about the ones where it's just one bar covering you. Bahh.
My favorites are:

Medusa (Now known as Bizzarro) Six Flags Great Adventure
Spoiler:  

Talon- Dorney Park
Spoiler:  

Steel Force- Dorney Park
Spoiler:  

Great Bear- Hershey Park
Spoiler:  

Fahrenheit- Hershey Park
Spoiler:  

And come on, who doesn't love Wild Mouse?
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Cersei Lannister Cersei Lannister is a female Cersei Lannister is offline
More wine!

View Posts: 4,205

I haven't been on many rollercoasters in my life, but the ones that I went on were pretty awesome. I've only been to Europa Park and Alton Towers so my experiences are kinda limited. I went to Europa park over 4 years ago so I don't remember it all that well, but I remember Matterhorn Blitz being pretty good. I watched it on YT, but it doesn't seem anywhere near as fun. We stayed till the park closed so we managed to get on Poseidon three times in a row. It's a water ride, but you don't get that wet and it has some drops, but nothing like "HOLY ♥♥♥♥, I'M GOING TO PISS MYSELF" so it was good.

I went to Alton Towers more recently (though still a year and a half ago) and I managed to try most of the big rides. We go there as the gates opened and so we got at the very front of Air which was good. Oblivion was good too but way too short and I had to close my eyes for the initial drop because I was scared ♥♥♥♥less. 13 was okay. The only bit that was good was the (literal) drop and then the going backwards in the dark as you have no ♥♥♥♥ing clue what's going on.

The rides in Europe are pretty timid to what you see in America. I'm hoping one day I'll have the balls to go on some of the huge ones there.

The gods have no mercy, thats why theyre gods.
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Big Damn Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to Galedeep
View Posts: 13,250

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHungryHippo View Post
I don't go on any roller coasters. I went to the Harry Potter one in Universal Studios, but it was only like 45 seconds long, and the wait was 45 minutes.
Basically, this. Roller coasters are fun, but I hate waiting line more than almost anything, and waiting in line for longer than the actual ride is not my idea of a good time.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 03:50 PM
It feels like we only go backwards darlin'~
Send a message via AIM to George
View Posts: 2,746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartimaeus Sex View Post
I have this innate fear of roller coasters which has prevented me from ever riding a large one, much to my shame.

I've only had the opportunity to ride them once in a while, as I live quite far from them, and always turn it down.
I'm the same.

I get really paranoid whenever I even look at one, let alone actually get on one. I'll keep thinking, "What if the ride breaks down? What if I fall from the top and plunge to my death?". It sounds silly when I think about it, because I know rollercoasters are safe and stuff. But another thing is how easily I get motion sick. I won't vomit or anything like that (or at least I haven't yet), but I get a major headache and a stomach ache.

As for rollercoasters I've been on, they've been few and quite far apart. I can only recall a few, some of which I don't even remember the names of. But by far the most vivid was Splash Mountain in Disney. Of all my visits there, I hadn't been on any rollercoasters, but at that time we lived in Florida (about an hour or so away from Disney) and went every couple months (granted, we only lived there for about 9 months). So, my mom, my sister and I decided to go to Frontierland. My mom had been badgering me to go on Splash Mountain for years (I was about 8 or 9 at the time), so I finally decided to. The line was pretty long and after about half an hour it was time. As we sat down and the bar of horror came down, I realized that it was past the point of no return. I was going to die. After the first few drops, I was like, "Hey this isn't that bad!" and I was having a blast. The last few made me nervous, and then came the drop of doom. It was the bucking scariest thing in my life. A 90 (or so it seemed) drop of sheer water and wind. We still have the picture from it. My face was of absolute horror. I don't think I've been on a rollercoaster since.

tl;dr: Splash Mountain gave me nightmares.

I do kind of want to try Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain because my sister loves both of those rides.
Last Edited by George; 05-28-2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Nothin but a G thang
Send a message via Skype™ to Karma

View Posts: 9,682

See, I love roller coasters but the problem is I can never find anyone to go with which has left me to only being on two in my life. The first being some ♥♥♥♥ty little carnival coaster (though the tight corners and quick drops weren't half bad) and New York, New York in Vegas. I want to ride the one at Saharah but "we ran out of time". THPPPHT! I'm hoping I can get a chance to either got to Six Flags or Great America. My bf was talking about it and possibly Raging Waters but who knows with him being gone practically all of July..
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 07:37 PM
'Tis Death I wed
View Posts: 1,596

I've ridden two roller coasters in my entire life. That's enough for me.

The first: During a trip to San Fransisco with my girl scout troop. I don't remember much of it, I only remember riding a roller coaster there and it scaring the piss out of me.

The second: In 8th grade, on a field trip to Silver Dollar City. I think it was called "The Powderkeg." I absolutely hated it.

Firstly, because I had to remove my glasses. I can't see without my glasses. I am literally only a few points away from being considered legally blind without my glasses...so I couldn't see what was happening, or where I was going.

Secondly, because I was riding it with a girl I barely knew, who took pity on me and decided to ride it with me.

Thirdly, because I spent the entire ride screaming at the top of my lungs and cussing out of sheer terror.

Twice is enough for me.
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Rock Star Jerk Supremo
View Posts: 9,359

Shoooot! We had a meet at Six Flags Magic Mountain a few years back. Brokenjoker conquered her fear of coasters, and survived the most TERRIFYING coaster of ALL! The GLORIOUS X2.

Check it out. Note how the seats are on the sides of the track, and how they are upside-down in the second picture. They rotate. @__@

#30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 PM
View Posts: 4

Any of the Roller coasters at Cedar Point! I've rode every single one there and they all give you a thrill I've never found anywhere else
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 09:52 PM
por que esta es la rumba
View Posts: 2,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
Shoooot! We had a meet at Six Flags Magic Mountain a few years back. Brokenjoker conquered her fear of coasters, and survived the most TERRIFYING coaster of ALL! The GLORIOUS X2.
I had a religious experience the first time I went on X2 at like 4:00am on my high school's grad night.

Another one of my friends blacked out on Goliath. dat centripetal force
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is online now
(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

View Posts: 21,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
See, I love roller coasters but the problem is I can never find anyone to go with which has left me to only being on two in my life. The first being some ♥♥♥♥ty little carnival coaster (though the tight corners and quick drops weren't half bad) and New York, New York in Vegas. I want to ride the one at Saharah but "we ran out of time". THPPPHT! I'm hoping I can get a chance to either got to Six Flags or Great America. My bf was talking about it and possibly Raging Waters but who knows with him being gone practically all of July..
Karma, you. Me. Great America. Someday. We will ride the Demon like a pair of BAWSSES!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post

Check it out. Note how the seats are on the sides of the track, and how they are upside-down in the second picture. They rotate. @__@

That thing....is newer. I went to Magic Mountain when i was like 14 (YOU do the maths there! [/old fart] and that was not there. That looks awesome..

Quote:
Splash Mountain is the ♥♥♥♥.
If yer a sadist! My first time at Disneyland, that thing was still under construction! [/old fart times two] So when i returned a couple years ago, i decided to ride it. Its uncomfortable as all hellfire. Banging around on that log. My poor arse... And then that drop. GYEADS! I have the special drop photo you can buy. My face is hilarious. My glow-in-the-dark Mickey ears didnt fall off though!
ef hann sr v veru
hitki hann veit
hvat hann skal vi kvea
ef hans freista firar

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ You can still PM me for the clan test!
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 11:10 PM
asimovian
View Posts: 4,158

I absolutely looooovvve roller coasters! Well, as long as they don't loop around too much or go upside down. I don't know why, but I have an intense dislike for those kinds.

I think some of my favorite roller coasters would have to be the ones in Disney World. Space Mountain and Expedition Everest were really fun!

I was actually terrified of them until my friends made me ride one on a middle school band trip. We were in Six Flags and they made me get over my fear by riding the smaller ones first. I don't talk to them anymore, but I don't think I can ever fully thank them for making me ride my first roller coaster.

cause there's something between us anyway
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2012, 11:30 AM
FlyingSombrero FlyingSombrero is a female United States FlyingSombrero is offline
The MerryCat
View Posts: 78

I adore rollercoasters, but perhaps I've been influenced by my family My favorites are the rickety old wooden ones that feel like they're going to collapse under you- that gives me such an adrenaline rush! The newer ones are awesome too, but I don't feel like I'm going to die on them ^^

I am a cat. Are you? (Sig made by me!)
1 person liked this post: Nicolette