Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2012, 07:25 PM
last nights pizza last nights pizza is a female Australia last nights pizza is offline
Scrapbook inhabitant
Send a message via Skype™ to last nights pizza
View Posts: 187
Re: Driving

I love driving~ ^ A^
I would be so lost if I couldn't drive. Don't get me wrong, I still use public transport when I need to but I don't think I would survive catching buses to get to and from work each day. It also makes going to friends houses a lot easier since I can just leave and come back whenever as opposed to working out bus/train times and planning my day.

At the moment I drive a VS Commodore. It's so big though @__@ I recently bought another car though, a 1986 Celica SX. The only reason why I don't use my Celica yet is because it's manual and I am too lazy to try and learn ._.

formspring | twitter | last.fm
(≧∇≦)/
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
Loptsided
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,601

Saul has road rage. I kinda get like that sometimes too. Ill be all because people in my town dont seem to understand the concept of merging into traffic.

If you drive a Jeep, you'll notice that courtesy from other Jeeps will happen. Just be sure to return the courtesy. You do this, and you enter the secret Brotherhood of the Jeep.

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
1 person liked this post: notthatothername
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Golddron Sex Golddron Sex is a male United States Golddron Sex is offline
Thank you
View Posts: 5,139

I get pretty angry when driving, but I just talk ❤❤❤❤ from the safety of my vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
pokefags woke the dragon and are gonna find out they're not weak to ice types
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2012, 08:11 PM
You call it freedom, but it's a perverse Anarchy
Send a message via Skype™ to Kneesocks

View Posts: 10,976

I drive, and I ❤❤❤❤ing hate it. Too many idiots who don't know what the ❤❤❤❤ they are doing around here. I swear, I haven't met a driver who actually knows how to yield.

I had to get me a new car recently, so I have a 2004 KIA (mother gave it to me). it isn't... that bad, but its better than my previous car
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2012, 10:16 PM
do you really think this is a joke
Send a message via Skype™ to kezzer
View Posts: 1,295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzy Star View Post
I get to drive my moms car sometimes when she needs something so I am always like "hey mom you need anything from the store? =D" in Spanish, hoping she says yes but other than that, I don't have a car yet. I am going to college in a couple of months and getting a job so I'll be getting a car soon. Nothing special though. YET!
-A-
Hahahaha time to stop giving out my password.

I actually dont drive, dont speak espanish, and dont have a mom

The DJ in my head never stops playing...
2 people liked this post: Bees n' Bats, heroofsomething
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2012, 10:42 PM
You call it freedom, but it's a perverse Anarchy
Send a message via Skype™ to Kneesocks

View Posts: 10,976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartimaeus View Post
I get pretty angry when driving, but I just talk ❤❤❤❤ from the safety of my vehicle.
I'm not gunna lie, one time when I was on the high way going to my school, this car- he didn't have his light on, turned in, and almost hit me. I stomped on my breaks so he wouldn't hit me and my head hit the stearing wheel. I nearly crapped myself, I stuck my head out the window, gave him my middle finger, and continued driving.
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2012, 11:51 PM
To Life, Love and Loot.
Send a message via Skype™ to Postman
Steam ID: ebnhawk
View Posts: 6,784

I've yet to obtain my license even though I'm old enough to drive. I haven't even been to class to get my permit. From all the driving I have done, it seems fairly simple. I'm sure my opinion will change once I have to learn everything, but for the most part, the physical driving part seems relatively easy once you get it down.
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Sage of Wisdom
Wii U ID: WoodwindsRock 3DS ID: 1032-1351-5240
View Posts: 2,901

Driving is not likely to happen for me.

I had a couple of years where I could have driven. Back then I took driver's education, and I got my permit. However, the practice driving was scary for me and I wasn't doing it right. So... I got scared, and in the remainder of those two years (my last two years of high school) it was never something that was necessary so I never worried about it.

------

#29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Golddron Sex Golddron Sex is a male United States Golddron Sex is offline
Thank you
View Posts: 5,139

It's interesting for me to hear about people not driving, since in the environment I'm in, you pretty much have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
pokefags woke the dragon and are gonna find out they're not weak to ice types
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Magical Miracle Girl ★ Usami!
Steam ID: superpaniland Wii U ID: Panique

View Posts: 24,860

I should have learned to drive years ago but I didn't. In Queensland (where I lived until last year), in order to get your license, you have to do 100 hours of supervised driving, and then spend about a year on P plates, where you have limited driving hours/passengers, and then another year on open P plates, where you're still technically learning but generally okay to drive anywhere.

I moved to WA last year and you only need 25 hours of supervised driving here, so I should get my learners and all that before they put it up to 100 hours, but it's like $70 just to do the test and get the learners and I can't afford that right now so, eh.

Also I am terrified of driving. I am so unfocused I'll probably run into a bus of children.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 12:59 AM
I choose you Sonichu!
View Posts: 3,046

....... I actually don't like to drive. I never did since I was a small kid. I have fears riding cars, crash crashes especially. They are very common in my area.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 330

I'm 6'6" and I drive an '07 Toyota Yaris.

My friends call it "the clown car".

http://www.youtube.com/user/moodscello
^my youtube channel. I cover zelda music.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 01:46 AM
Nirvana achieved…clever girl.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raptor Buddha
Steam ID: Arvidius
View Posts: 1,082

Would I be giving away the answer too much if I said that this is one of my favorite television programs?

If that doesn't explicitly answer the question, then let me say that I really enjoy driving. I'm driving a Kia Sorento '11--which is essentially a very small SUV. Not particularly sporty and it's, um, a V-4. Nevertheless it's a good car for the generic urban professional about to form a family. It's got very decent handling for an SUV, and four cylinder engines are now efficient enough that it really feels like it has a lot more get-up than other, older four cylinder cars I've driven.

One of my favorite memories of all time was when pop and I took a trip to Germany and decided to rent a car. The car was not precisely the ideal for two guys looking for adventure: a Volkswagen Polo--basically a station wagon. A diesel no less. However, once we hit the Autobahn, got in the far left lane, and got to the 120 mph point, suddenly the fact we were driving in a thoroughly uncool punch buggy was forgotten. It's one of those experiences that'll prompt you to ask somebody to pass you a cigarette once you hit 100 mph. Then we drove to the Mercedes-Benz museum in Stuttgart. T'was amazeballs.
Last Edited by Raptor Buddha; 03-04-2012 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 01:50 AM
nowhere
View Posts: 4,183

I've never understood why someone *wouldn't* drive outside of a car and insurance, lol...it's like the gateway to freedom. I got my license as soon as I was legally able at the age of 16 and have been driving daily ever since. Young drivers and stuff aside, I absolutely need it to attend college so young and to get a job soon. It's a beautiful thing and I loooove driving.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Goron
View Posts: 290

I haven't taken driving lessons yet.

When I have enough money to pay all the late installments of my tuition, if there's any decent amount left after that, I'll consider it.
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Yep, Papahl got lost, just like he said!

View Posts: 2,272

I hate driving. Just hate it.

But I had to learn so I could get to and from college, work, social places etc. It took me three times until I passed my practical and I've been driving for nearly four years now. Still hate it. I'm not a natural at it, I get nervous and stressed really easily on the roads, and I can't park for anything. At present, I drive a 1 litre citroen saxo which is on its last wheels and trading her in for a smart car soon (something that I've found fun and really convenient to handle). I am yet to enjoy it.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Magical Miracle Girl ★ Usami!
Steam ID: superpaniland Wii U ID: Panique

View Posts: 24,860

I can't even afford to get my learner's permit. How would I afford a car, gas, insurance, etc?
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Boobs and Bossa Nova
View Posts: 4,460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papahl View Post
I hate driving. Just hate it.

But I had to learn so I could get to and from college, work, social places etc. It took me three times until I passed my practical and I've been driving for nearly four years now. Still hate it. I'm not a natural at it, I get nervous and stressed really easily on the roads, and I can't park for anything. At present, I drive a 1 litre citroen saxo which is on its last wheels and trading her in for a smart car soon (something that I've found fun and really convenient to handle). I am yet to enjoy it.
Trading a Citroen for a Smart Car? Why not go for a Renault Twingo? :p

3DS Friend code: 1822-0897-4163
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Double-0-Snake Double-0-Snake is a male United Kingdom Double-0-Snake is offline
Caesar!
View Posts: 3,902

I wish I could drive. But not a car, a motorbike. Even though almost everyone I know says they're deathtraps. Nobody can dissuade me from this. You can try though
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2012, 11:29 AM
"Once you go Inuit, you're always into it."
Send a message via Skype™ to Ahluk
View Posts: 7,147

I am 22 years old, and have very little knowledge of how to drive. When I was in school, I had onc Driver's Ed class, with about 12 others. We read from a booklet, and took some tests. Each of us had a chance to drive in the freezing weather, with ice, snow, and everything else. We used to drive around the village, then go out to the airport, set some cones up, and do some tests.

I ❤❤❤❤ing hated it, I am a terrible driver, especially the damn parallel parking.
I am too afraid to leave this little village, and drive in a big town. I don't even have a permit or a license to drive.
I have no confidence whatsoever to learn how to drive. I'm sure I will learn one day, get proper training, and just try go for my license.