Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2012, 11:23 PM
I should probably be asleep right now...
View Posts: 279
Anger Management

I work in retail and people get to treat me like ♥♥♥♥ and try to make me lose my job by calling corporate and telling them I was mean to them just because they don't get the prices they want. It's pretty freaking demoralizing and infuriating that I have to stand there and say nothing while I'm insulted and my ability to pay my bills and eat gets threatened by other people who can't manage to care about anyone other than themselves.

I have to go back to work for the next two days so I need to just get over it already.

So ZU, what do you guys like to do to relieve your stress/anger? I need some fun ideas to get me back into a good mood.
1 person liked this post: NotTakeMirror
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Golddron Sex Golddron Sex is a male United States Golddron Sex is offline
Thank you
View Posts: 5,139
Re: Anger Management

"The customer is always right"

Yeah, that always pissed me off when I worked at a service based job.

Umm, exercise works wonders for stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
pokefags woke the dragon and are gonna find out they're not weak to ice types
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Now I'm just a seasoned pervert...
Send a message via AIM to Kishin Send a message via Yahoo to Kishin
View Posts: 1,736

I'd get a new job in a heartbeat!

Or you could always try the head popping technique. When their not locking pinch their heads from a distance. Time to time I do that to get a laugh, you get more of a laugh if they watch you do it.

Serious note I relieve stress in A LOT of ways from walking, to writing, to even flirting with woman. Anything I can do to have fun and take my mind off crap. If I'm really stressed I got take a nap.

Profile || Battle Arena || Pm

Random Quote- I've sometimes thought of marrying, and then I've thought again. (Noel Coward, 1956)
2 people liked this post: Kikari, Lachrymosa
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2012, 11:43 PM
ᴍᴇʀᴍᴀɪᴅ ɢɪʀʟ
Send a message via Skype™ to dragonair
Steam ID: jackyjuju
View Posts: 444

When I'm at home, I just let it go. Like, yell to my heart's content.
When I'm out, I'm just a ❤❤❤❤❤.
Works wonders.

At my job though, I just kept it all in my head. When I get mad, sometimes I laugh, so I just make myself laugh. It's amazing.

"I see you buzzing, a fly on the wall..."
Tumblr//DeviantArt//LEG NDSE OF AZEDLA
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-24-2012, 01:53 AM
The Man Who Masterminds the Game
3DS ID: 5386-7629-1425
View Posts: 2,594

I don't really have a problem with anger, I am very patient, and when I get angry I just hold it, I haven't really hardcore raged. I experience frustration when I anger and frustration leads me to sadness.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-24-2012, 02:07 AM
Just your friendly neighbourhood Spidey-Man!
Steam ID: barker09 Wii U ID: Amazin-Spidey
View Posts: 7,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachrymosa View Post
So ZU, what do you guys like to do to relieve your stress/anger? I need some fun ideas to get me back into a good mood.
Go for a hot tub/sauna/steam room at your local Aquatic Center. Definitely a god stress reliever. I do this all the time and I feel great.

Go for a run and burn off some steam.

If you have a good bud you can bull♥♥♥♥ with, go grab a drink with him at a local bar in town.

Listen to some good upbeat music. Try Superstition by Stevie Wonder. Great tune.

These are things that I normally do, and they all work for me.

Join me and like-minded ZU'ers in the Sport, Health, and Fitness Thread to create a support group to inspire and motivate others to reach their health, fitness, and wellness goals!
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Ok, but dogs CAN look up.

View Posts: 14,449

Quote:
I work in retail and people get to treat me like ♥♥♥♥ and try to make me lose my job by calling corporate and telling them I was mean to them just because they don't get the prices they want. It's pretty freaking demoralizing and infuriating that I have to stand there and say nothing while I'm insulted and my ability to pay my bills and eat gets threatened by other people who can't manage to care about anyone other than themselves.

I have to go back to work for the next two days so I need to just get over it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddron Sex View Post
"The customer is always right"
The customer is always wrong. Always.
They don't know what the hell they're talking about. That's why they're talking to me in the first place.

People try to give me ♥♥♥♥ all the time for not giving them lower prices and stuff like that. And most times, I tell them straight up that it's because they were rude, and if they had of treated me with more respect, I would have given them a deal.
Then they call the manager. The manager then tells them they can't get the lower price, and challenges them to find it at a lower price somewhere else (which of course they can't), and we all get a good laugh about it later.

I love it.

So basically what I do to relieve stress and anger is be a dick to my rude customers.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-24-2012, 09:39 AM
F.O.E. Hunter
Send a message via AIM to Hoopy Frood
Steam ID: powerageshadow
View Posts: 6,812

I've worked retail for a long time. Rude customers are my favorite. There's a point where you realize that these people must have the ♥♥♥♥tiest ♥♥♥♥ing lives to come to a retail store and act like they deserve a hand out.

Protip: Nothing pisses off a self entitled douche bag more than denying them what they want while being sickeningly nice to them. Don't give them what they want, but be as polite as humanly possible. They get so mad. It's goddamn hilarious and you've done absolutely nothing wrong. Win/win.

Let's Play/Game Commentary |Twitter | Gaming Blog

Voted #1 Biggest Video Game Nerd Summer 2014
Last Edited by Hoopy Frood; 01-24-2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-24-2012, 10:10 AM
I have done nothing but teleport bread for three days!
Send a message via Skype™ to Keith
Steam ID: Rantick
View Posts: 7,160

I don't do anything. It's kind of strange, because I have incredible mood swings due to my anger and while I used to hit the wall I managed to stop about 2 years ago, and now I don't really have an outlet. So it just pops up now and then.

Luka: slam a bottle of champagne into my arse first
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-24-2012, 11:49 AM
NotTakeMirror NotTakeMirror is a male United States NotTakeMirror is offline
The Other Sage
View Posts: 494

Quote:
I'm in retail too and I can totally relate to this.

The customer is not always right. Some customers are just plain stupid and unreasonable. Yet we have to act like they are if we want to keep our jobs.

I need to get out of retail because I just can't accept the whole customer is always right idea.

Games beaten:
LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, OoT, MM, OoA, OoS, TP, ST, SS

Currently playing:
ALBW, OoT (master quest), OoA/OoS (linked game)

Games not yet played:
FS, FSA, MC, PH

Top Zelda games:
1. MM
2. OoT
3. ALBW
4. ALttP
5. TP
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Ok, but dogs CAN look up.

View Posts: 14,449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry Punch View Post

Protip: Nothing pisses off a self entitled douche bag more than denying them what they want while being sickeningly nice to them. Don't give them what they want, but be as polite as humanly possible. They get so mad. It's goddamn hilarious and you've done absolutely nothing wrong. Win/win.
I do that from time to time as well. It's not always easy, since they're pissing me off, but oh so rewarding.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-24-2012, 12:25 PM
so sad, so very very sad
Send a message via Skype™ to Boy
View Posts: 1,585

I almost never get angry, ever, which is both a good and a bad thing.
Bad thing as in I never know how to handle my anger when I do happen to get angry, so mostly it results in me just shutting up 4-evur or screaming wildly for one second and then storming out.
One method that I've found out that actually works out for me is by drawing very angry octopuses.
Last Edited by Boy; 01-24-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Boobs and Bossa Nova
View Posts: 4,421

Ha, work in France, then. There is absolutely no such thing as "customer service", you have the right to get pissed off at the customer for asking you to do the job you're being paid to do, and politesse is a foreign if not non-existent concept.

Also, you only work until around 6pm, and get Wed and Sundays off (depending on the town).

3DS Friend code: 1822-0897-4163
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-24-2012, 12:38 PM
I should probably be asleep right now...
View Posts: 279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
Ha, work in France, then. There is absolutely no such thing as "customer service", you have the right to get pissed off at the customer for asking you to do the job you're being paid to do, and politesse is a foreign if not non-existent concept.

Also, you only work until around 6pm, and get Wed and Sundays off (depending on the town).
That sounds amazing, I'll sign up for some language classes and start shopping for plane tickets!!
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-24-2012, 12:40 PM
DIE THE DEATH! SENTANCE TO DEATH! GREAT EQUALIZER IS DEATH!
Send a message via Skype™ to Snow_Storm
Steam ID: the_snow_storm
View Posts: 9,465

Just take a huge, slow deep breath for about 10 seconds, this allows you to think what could go down if you decide to let anger control the issue and believe you and me, you never want to let your anger get the better of you. It is not worth losing your job or get sent to jail over somebody being an ignortant ♥♥♥♥.

But if that don't work, I have a cure-all for your anger.

Spoiler: general snow_storm goof off and slight 56k warning  

The affluenza made me do it
Last Edited by Snow_Storm; 01-24-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Lanayru_
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-24-2012, 01:35 PM
interestingdrug interestingdrug is a male United Kingdom interestingdrug is offline
the one that you took
View Posts: 1,658

My experience of being abroad has taught me that customer service is an entirely Anglo-American idea.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Guardian Dragon
Send a message via AIM to Lanayru_ Send a message via Yahoo to Lanayru_
Steam ID: aeternus_aura
View Posts: 2,088

Quote:

Find a constructive way to fight back. Don't blow a fuse or anything, but there's nothing wrong in pointing out ways they're being unreasonable. If they're arguing about a price that was displayed and are clearly wrong, just say "I can't just give you the price because you misread it, and I'm not going to". Try to be mature and firm with them. The more you treat them like children, the more they'll act like one, and management will always side with the employee if they appear to be the calmer one.

I worked in retail for over two years before going to college. I don't have a ton of experience I guess, but it felt like it was enough to last a lifetime.
Last Edited by Lanayru_; 01-24-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-24-2012, 01:57 PM
GIMME BACK MAH RUPEES
Send a message via Skype™ to hijuliaa
View Posts: 2,482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry Punch View Post
I agree with this 100%!
When I was in the pharmacy, once in awhile you'd get those nasty people that show up literally five minutes after they left their doctor's offices, and expect their prescriptions to be called or faxed over during that time period. So when they're not, they get all pissed. I had the pleasure of informing them of this in my most upbeat, cheerful voice. Sometimes if it was a customer I particularly hated, it'd go.
Me: So how long ago was it supposed to be faxed in?
D'oh: Well I left my doctor's a few minutes ago.
Me: Well you need to be patient and give it enough time for the fax to go through. *saying this in a sweet voice*

They just look at me like they want to punch me. It's hilarious.

Bottom line: Kill with kindness.
Last Edited by hijuliaa; 01-24-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Sharia for the UK Sharia for the UK is a male United States Sharia for the UK is offline
Hate my life, love myself
View Posts: 4,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interestingdrug View Post
My experience of being abroad has taught me that customer service is an entirely Anglo-American idea.
Not true, most customer service is in the Indian subcontinent.