Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Vs. The World
View Posts: 5,609
Re: What are you doing/your traditions for Christmas?

Chill with my family, watch Arrested Development on Netflix. Same crap I did for Thanksgiving, except it lasts longer and there are presents involved.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-01-2011, 07:28 PM
<3
View Posts: 1,129

I suppose... since both of my grandparents aren't exactly in great health [like they were last year...], we're having my Dad's side of the family over... [which highly worries me, because they STEAL! I loathe theives... and I have never trusted them, after I got to know them!!]

...I don't want them over. Apparently, my mom pities my aunt, because my grandma isn't in the best of health, and she has like 6 weeks left to live. Fine, I pity her too, but I don't want her kids five-fingering my Wii games, I will cut a wrist off, if I have to.

We might be having turkey again. Not sure. If not turkey, then ham or something. And definitely home made goodies for dessert. Which includes 7 layer magic bars [or whatever], fudge [chocolate and peanut butter], rock candy, etc.

AC:NL Dream Addy: 5300-2537-8510
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Now with secret hobo spices
Send a message via Skype™ to Pietro
View Posts: 8,184

I'm going to be playing my gifts, on the interwebs and drinking myself to sleep.

My roommates actually have family that they want to see so I'll be all alone. Even if I wanted to visit my parents they'll be in Italy so meh.

"I once convinced a woman that I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it"
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-01-2011, 09:13 PM
sldgkhnds klvhkjlghjdsmk;lgdmkgfkld ;ggfklfj kldfsgk,dg skldgjkmldsgjsdklgm dsklg
View Posts: 8,235

Work all day then sleep. ♥♥♥♥ Christmas. The one time of year everyone at work takes leave at the same time leaving all of the stuff on me to do.
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2011, 04:00 AM
little zombies wanna eat my brains
View Posts: 5,545

I have a strong suspicion that I will be playing league of legends, masturbating, and drinking sugary soda.
1 person liked this post: pawptart
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2011, 05:02 AM
Grok on
View Posts: 2,944

It varies a little bit since my beloved and I, in theory, celebrate Yule with her family this year, mine the next year and so on. Because of the divorce of her parents, the system has been a bit messed up the last few years (everyone is happy now, don't worry).

We usually spend the evening of the 23. together with the family, watching an old sketch on tv that's kind of a tradition. We usually decorate the Yule tree not too long before this as well. On the morning of the 24. we usually enjoy ourselves together while making some preparations for the dinner later in the evening. There are two movies and a Disney-thing that always are sent during the morning/day, which most Norwegians have on while doing other things (or sits watching). Close family arrives during the day/early evening for a traditional Yule meal. On the western coast of Norway, we usually eat "pinnekj°tt" ( Pinnekj°tt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), which is my all-over favorite dish. Some time after dinner, we open gifts and spend the rest of the evening talking and just spending time together.

On the 25. and 26. we usually have relaxing days with the family. Sometimes family dinners and some visitors.

My beloved's family has a tradition of eating porridge during the day of the 24. as well. There are a lot of traditions at this time, but these are the most general ones for the day itself. I celebrate the winter solstice and spend time with my family and loved ones.

Most of the things we do here have some sort of pagan origin, which suits me just fine^^ Including varying traditions and decorations.

Hei­inn
Last Edited by Moriquendi; 12-02-2011 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Andy, notthatothername
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2011, 05:39 AM
I'm going to find out if I'm really alive
View Posts: 2,510

I will probably spend yet another Christmas wondering what all the hubbub is about. During Christmas I like to chill out, be with family, y'know. Have a chat. Sit down and see what's been going on in the world as a group.

Not be like OMFG WUT DOES U WANT FUR KRIMMAS SO AH KIN BAH U ♥♥♥♥ U DUN NEED?! that typically happens with my mom around Christmastime.

♥♥♥♥, mom. I'm in college. Give me money, booze, and masturbation, and I can live a year.
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 04:35 AM
little zombies wanna eat my brains
View Posts: 5,545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriquendi View Post
It varies a little bit since my beloved and I, in theory, celebrate Yule with her family this year, mine the next year and so on. Because of the divorce of her parents, the system has been a bit messed up the last few years (everyone is happy now, don't worry).

We usually spend the evening of the 23. together with the family, watching an old sketch on tv that's kind of a tradition. We usually decorate the Yule tree not too long before this as well. On the morning of the 24. we usually enjoy ourselves together while making some preparations for the dinner later in the evening. There are two movies and a Disney-thing that always are sent during the morning/day, which most Norwegians have on while doing other things (or sits watching). Close family arrives during the day/early evening for a traditional Yule meal. On the western coast of Norway, we usually eat "pinnekj°tt" ( Pinnekj°tt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), which is my all-over favorite dish. Some time after dinner, we open gifts and spend the rest of the evening talking and just spending time together.

On the 25. and 26. we usually have relaxing days with the family. Sometimes family dinners and some visitors.

My beloved's family has a tradition of eating porridge during the day of the 24. as well. There are a lot of traditions at this time, but these are the most general ones for the day itself. I celebrate the winter solstice and spend time with my family and loved ones.

Most of the things we do here have some sort of pagan origin, which suits me just fine^^ Including varying traditions and decorations.
lets trade lives please? you live in a fantasy world
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 04:48 AM
Sugar-Serpent Sugar-Serpent is a female England Sugar-Serpent is offline
Mogma
View Posts: 162

I think I'm going to my aunt's house for Christmas, but we don't know the finalized plan yet.
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 04:51 AM
Maven of the Strings
View Posts: 1,976

Cry.

Really all I have to do that day.

But then I will make someone else cry.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Kingslayer
View Posts: 27,729

After thinking about it, I'm probably going to have a decent amount of money around that time.

So I'll probably drink whiskey by myself and eventually pass out after the obligatory family dinner thing.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 06:14 PM
"HUZZAH!"
View Posts: 207

My family make a lot of treats, plays some board games and watch a lot of Christmas cartoons. The actual Christmas day is a lot less exciting than waiting for it.

23/F/UT |Mormon|Zelda Fanartist| |DeviantArt||AnimeList|
Skyward Sword IN SPACE!
Chapter One: Generic 80's space costumes, and big hair.

GHIRAHIM'S DIAMOND ADVENTURE 3D

#33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-06-2011, 02:09 PM
something
View Posts: 2,418
Plans for Christmas

We might all have plans or traditions that we follow each christmas. I, for one, use to play through my favorite game of all time on the day of christmas, which is Banjo Kazooie. I feel that christmas is the time for me to get back to the roots of my childhood and go all nostalgic, and that game was a huge part of it.

This time, however, I'm thinking of playing different Zelda titles throughout the holiday. I honestly have no idea anymore which Zelda is my favorite, so I find it as a nice opportunity to play some of them within a short period of time to try and make my mind up once and for all. Zelda is after all a part of me growing up as well even if I started playing Zelda at a later age (around the times of Wind Waker)

Do you have any traditions for yourself or do you have anything you feel you want to do during the time of christmas?
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-06-2011, 02:16 PM
My micro Mike Rowe crow's mic row, rows my micro Mike Rowe crow.

View Posts: 7,996

GET ALL THE PRESENTS!!

#35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Avalanchemike

View Posts: 17,592

Hi Nico--

Your thread is really similar to one Pani made not too long ago, so I'm merging them. You go on more of an include-tradition angle, so I'mma edit title/OP to include that. Still, I don't think that's enough of a difference to warrant a separate thread.

As for me, I'm prob just gonna spend it with Brandon's family, wishing I could spend it with mine.
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Send a message via AIM to tnf Send a message via Skype™ to tnf
View Posts: 12,331

CHRISTMAS:
Our family gets together around.... 7 or 8 am
These movies are always playing 24/7:

We eat a giant breakfast of waffles, eggs, bacon, strawberries and whatever else my family decides to make.

Then we open presents, which takes around 3-4 hours as it is. After that is lunch, my mom makes chicken enchiladas every year, so we snack on those while I go build all of the little kid's toys and the grown-ups "talk", people fall asleep, and we watch The Ref or Shaolin Soccer for 5th time that day.

We come back together at night time for dinner, where we have a roast, a chicken and ham + fixins galore.
Scrabble tournament after that, my uncle always wins because he teaches english and pulls words out of his ass that end up being real...
Help clean up
We all go home around 11-12.
Come back together the next day for Christmas 2: This Time It's Personal. We eat leftovers.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-06-2011, 03:17 PM
something
View Posts: 2,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
Hi Nico--

Your thread is really similar to one Pani made not too long ago, so I'm merging them. You go on more of an include-tradition angle, so I'mma edit title/OP to include that. Still, I don't think that's enough of a difference to warrant a separate thread.

As for me, I'm prob just gonna spend it with Brandon's family, wishing I could spend it with mine.
Ah. Sorry, I wasn't aware of this thread. I'll look harder next time!
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Anouki
Send a message via AIM to MaxTLOZ1991 Send a message via Yahoo to MaxTLOZ1991 Send a message via Skype™ to MaxTLOZ1991
View Posts: 44

Spend time with my family, but on Christmas Day I take advantage of our Holiday Time and a Half pay at my work.
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Mana Knight
Send a message via Skype™ to Chaos
View Posts: 174

flying down to California to spend it with my family, be miserable for a few days, miss work, get presents i probably don't want/need/ever use, and have the first Christmas without the only member of my family i ever liked,respected, and looked up to, my grandfather, lost him back in April.

Merry Christmas Pop, I miss you man