Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Nox Nox is a male United States Nox is offline
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
Steam ID: HALF LIFE 3 IS NEVER GONNA BE RELEASED!
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southside Chicago
View Posts: 10,090
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ika Musume View Post
anything hurtful.
Which is very relative so really, its all about who you tell the joke to.
__________________

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 05:41 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: By the pinky.
View Posts: 8,872
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

I know this is somewhat off-topic but it just keeps getting funnier.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (107.1 KB, 42 views)
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Kailuh727 Kailuh727 is a female United States Kailuh727 is offline
Pyrokinesis Master
Send a message via Skype™ to Kailuh727
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Illinois
View Posts: 396
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
Your intelligence is lower than average and if I may add, your egotism is akin to or great than that of the famous African-American performing artist, Kanye West.
Did you seriously just compare being egotistic to being African-American? Why couldn't you have just said you have an ego akin or greater than Kanye West? I don't live in a cave. I know who Kanye West is.

At this point I don't care if you were joking or being serious, you don't say that.
Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Cornelius Fudge, Kafei&Anju
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 05:46 PM
America America is a male United States America is offline
**** YEAH!
Send a message via Skype™ to America
Steam ID: colton_o_weekly
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wrong Side of the Rainbow
View Posts: 1,299
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

I saw that too. I lol'd at it as well. About the picture that is.

Edit: ... Who's Kanya West? :/ Is he an actor?
__________________
Last Edited by America; 10-30-2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Mafoofoo Mafoofoo is offline
?
Steam ID: Foofs
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sad Land
View Posts: 8,474
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

Hey Nox I really want to say good job for being so descriptive for the few people that do live in caves. I'm glad you take them into account when posting. That's being aware and all worldly. I know some people don't appreciate when you do that but us people who accept all do appreciate it.
Last Edited by Mafoofoo; 10-30-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Nox, Snow_Storm
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Yoshirama Australia Yoshirama is offline
Sage of Wisdom
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
View Posts: 1,022
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotti600 View Post
You can't joke about things like autism and down syndrome with me or call them "retarded". I won't talk to you ever again lol.

Or joke about material belongings or about someone's lifestyle, especially my own. I don't talk to a lot of my friends and family anymore because they tend to think making fun of my family or the fact that we're poor will make them feel better about themselves.
I hate people who joke about those and people who joke about illnesses like cancer even more.
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Eriks0n Eriks0n is offline
gone with the ghost train
Join Date: Jan 2009
View Posts: 4,946
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by <|:D View Post
I can only take something like "Black people eat fried chicken" as a joke when it's as silly as it is. (That's just the standard thing though, there's no joke unless you vary it about.)


Watermelons too.
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Snow_Storm
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Certifiable Frivolity Certifiable Frivolity is a female Canada Certifiable Frivolity is offline
Knight of Cydonia
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oh Canada
View Posts: 917
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

Nothing is off limits with me really. There are a few things I don't like joking about.

Other people's personal problems and personal lives... I try to stay out of that if I don't know anything about it and I know it would be extremely hurtful toward that person.

I don't like joking about my "superiors". "Superiors" meaning, teachers or someone like that. I've just never liked joking about them, at all.
__________________

Sig by zeldafan12z
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Kailuh727 Kailuh727 is a female United States Kailuh727 is offline
Pyrokinesis Master
Send a message via Skype™ to Kailuh727
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Illinois
View Posts: 396
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Hey Nox I really want to say good job for being so descriptive for the few people that do live in caves. I'm glad you take them into account when posting. That's being aware and all worldly. I know some people don't appreciate when you do that but us people who accept all do appreciate it.
You're not getting through to me, so just drop it. I get it, you think I'm an arrogant little brat. It's ok, I could care less what someone on the internet thinks of me. I'm not here to cause problems, so let's just drop it and move on with our lives. :
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Jaime Lannister
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Nox Nox is a male United States Nox is offline
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
Steam ID: HALF LIFE 3 IS NEVER GONNA BE RELEASED!
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southside Chicago
View Posts: 10,090
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

I say there, if you say that you do not take offense to any insults directed at your well being, why perchance, do you continue to reply? Is it not because you are indeed, angry at us?

short answer: U MAD?
__________________

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Hoopy Frood, Snow_Storm
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Malia Malia is a female The Byzantine Empire Malia is offline
Avalanchemike

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dancin'-a-go-go, baby
View Posts: 19,286
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

Alright, come on now, guys. Enough having a go at Kailuh who has already said she wishes to drop the topic.
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Mitch Mitch is a male Canada Mitch is offline
i am a gawd
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: olympus
View Posts: 341
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

When people make jokes about illnesses/conditions. I was it my friend's house, and his cousin (who has diabetes) came over, and the whole time he was there my friend made jokes like:

Friend: *eats some gummy worms* "Do you want some?!"
Cousin: *reaches out his hand*
Friend: *slaps his hand away* "YOU TRYNNA DIE BRO?"

I didn't find it funny at all. And another time, was when we had a substitute teacher who's bald, and one of the kids in the back of the class asks him if he's a nazi or if he has cancer. Turns out he has cancer.

It just seems really heartless.
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Golddron Sex Golddron Sex is a male United States Golddron Sex is offline
Thank you
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lady Sunshine
View Posts: 5,139
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

Cancer is pretty much the only thing I don't joke about. I can be pretty lenient with everything else.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
pokefags woke the dragon and are gonna find out they're not weak to ice types
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Kafei&Anju
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Nox Nox is a male United States Nox is offline
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
Steam ID: HALF LIFE 3 IS NEVER GONNA BE RELEASED!
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southside Chicago
View Posts: 10,090
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

Funny thing about cancer jokes is that is pretty much a huuuge no-no even to this day while AIDS jokes are being cracked right and left. Back in the 90's making a joke about AIDS was the equivalent of blackface today. Oh how comedy marches on!

oh yah, should add that I'm accepting of jokes about my own family and myself if its with people I know well enough and if they can actually make me laugh. Really you could be very insulting but if you make me laugh, that means you're doing your job right and aren't such an idiot.
__________________

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Nox Nox is a male United States Nox is offline
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
Steam ID: HALF LIFE 3 IS NEVER GONNA BE RELEASED!
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southside Chicago
View Posts: 10,090
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzraelBlack View Post
Nothing is off limits for me. If I offend someone, I usually have the decency to apologize though.
That really depends, if I like the person enough I'll apologize and not do it again but if the person gets into an incredible fit of rage over it, I'll say a half-ass apology while telling them "dude its a joke ok?". Usually end up losing friends this way!
__________________

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Mafoofoo Mafoofoo is offline
?
Steam ID: Foofs
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sad Land
View Posts: 8,474
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

Nope. If I don't like that person who cares how they feel? ♥♥♥♥ em.
Reply With Quote
4 people liked this post: Artemis, Coconut Water, Hoopy Frood, Snow_Storm
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Kikaider Antarctica Kikaider is offline
Jiro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not here
View Posts: 11,916
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

-Serious topics like gay marriage, death, abortion, suicide, etc.
-Socratic method
-Now, I've learned to not joke about stuff that I'll get brutally flamed at.
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Nox Nox is a male United States Nox is offline
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
Steam ID: HALF LIFE 3 IS NEVER GONNA BE RELEASED!
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southside Chicago
View Posts: 10,090
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzraelBlack View Post
So if you make a crude joke about cancer.

And someone was upset about it, because their father died of cancer.

And you don't like that person...

You wouldn't apologize?
I can be quite the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ sometimes but the thing is . . . if I know the person I hate who's dad had cancer, I wouldn't go that far.

What I mean is if I made some off-hand sexist or racist joke or hell even a joke about mentally handicapped people and they get offended to the point they are shouting obscenities at me, I would tell them to calm the ♥♥♥♥ down and that it was a joke. If they cry, of course I'd feel like a dick and would apologize.
__________________

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Certifiable Frivolity Certifiable Frivolity is a female Canada Certifiable Frivolity is offline
Knight of Cydonia
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oh Canada
View Posts: 917
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

That's another thing I can't joke about, people who are handicapped or disabled. Mainly because my uncle has down syndrome and so does my cousin... so it's close to home. When people start laughing at people with a handicap, I actually get very annoyed.

I've poked fun so badly one time, I've made someone cry, and I didn't feel so cool then. Everyone stops laughing after someone squeezes out some tears. So I've become very sensitive to other people's reactions to what I say, and I'm starting to watch what I say more closely.
__________________

Sig by zeldafan12z
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2011, 04:23 AM
terraphantm terraphantm is a male United States terraphantm is offline
Twili
Join Date: Jul 2011
View Posts: 417
Re: What can you NOT joke about?

Jokes about disabilities/handicaps bother me. Mostly because at one point my mom lost complete blood flow to her hips, and couldn't walk for a couple years. I took care of her everyday until she was able to get the surgery (lotsa complications that prevented it from happening earlier). After witnessing that struggle first hand, I just can't make light of it.
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Cornelius Fudge
Reply

Tags
din, din is fabulous, jokes, khao, no jokes, serious


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -