Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Send a message via Skype™ to Coconut Water

View Posts: 35,494
Something Not-So-Good You Did?

This thread is to share screw up moments in your life. We all make mistakes, so sometimes it's good to look back and laugh at it.

I'll share something as an example:

Back in my Junior or Senior year of high school (I forget which year), my whole class was in the gym playing volleyball against the lower-classmen. And for some reason, once when I hit the ball, instead of it going over the net, it flew high up into the air and smacked a sleeping baby that a mother was holding in her arms while standing on the sidelines.

I still feel bad for that.
Last Edited by Coconut Water; 10-20-2011 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Self esteem? Don't have any.
View Posts: 647
Re: Something Not-So-Good You Did?

^nice aim
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Battousai the Man Slayer
View Posts: 11,919

I've done too many terrible things to be mentioned.

I spelled for one of the spelling words on a Spelling Test, I marked the word wrong and spelled it the exact same way it was on the test paper. I later figured out I was not wrong, but not right. It was spelled right, and I spelled it right. I got points off for spelling it right.
1 person liked this post: Chozo Knight
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:24 PM
copyright lololol
Send a message via Skype™ to Tess

View Posts: 2,684

Last year, I managed to ♥♥♥♥ up so badly that I landed myself in a group home for 6 months. Boy, that sure was a FUN TIME.

I'm not ashamed to say I went there though. I needed help, and I got help. Now that I look back at it, I just laugh at how stupid I was.
1 person liked this post: Coconut Water
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Avalanchemike

View Posts: 17,639

Uh, well.

Okay.

This is church-related. So it was my first time being a Minister of the Word (meaning I read the gospel out at church). After this, just before the priest blesses the bread and wine for the the parishioners to eat/drink, the people who read the gospel (ayo that's me), have to go up to the front of the church and be part of the blessing of the bread, right? The priest hands us each a piece of the bread, and what's SUPPOSED to happen is, uh, he blesses it and then we hand it out to the parishioners. I DIDN'T KNOW THIS. So, priest walks around giving us the bread to hold and guess what Liah does: ONOMNOMNOM I eat it (tastes like ice cream cone). And then the priest is like NOW I WILL BLESS THE BREAD WE WILL SHARE AS A CHURCH. Orly. Because I kinda just ate it. To make matters worse, the bread -I- had was supposed to be given to the old, sick people who were seated at the front of the church. I actually heard the priest say I'm sorry, one of our Minsters ate the bread, we have to break these others in half so there's enough for us all, to one of the old, sick people. Aw man, I was like ....... I'm a dick.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:26 PM

Keeping the body of Christ to yourself, Liah? What a dick.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Avalanchemike

View Posts: 17,639

Aw man the guy who hit a baby in the face is calling me a dick. Bad sign.

-100 pride
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:29 PM

It wasn't just in the face. It landed right on top of the baby. Couldn't have been more than a few months old.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:31 PM
OL, OL OL OL
View Posts: 17,957

A few weeks ago I forgot my sandwich at home. I had 2 hours between my math and philosophy classes so I'd figure I'd go home and grab it. I leave, go home, take a quick nap and drive right on back to campus.

When I got there the parking lot was packed. Not wanting to go through the extra work of traversing the parking garage staricase I decided to cruise around the lot looking for a spot. I found one eventually, so I started pulling in. My truck is big and hard to park so I re-adjusted myself to make sure I got into the spot right and then all of a sudden....

CREEEEEEEEEKKK

there's like this huge, long dent going all the way down this poor soul's passenger side door. Luckily nobody saw. I wanted with everything I had to leave a note but with college costs for myself and my three other siblings we just couldn't afford it. So I left.

still haunts me to this day. I'm such a dick.
3 people liked this post: Coconut Water, Cornelius Fudge, Electricut
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:32 PM
A pinky swear is forever
Send a message via Skype™ to Ahluk
View Posts: 6,610

- In middle school, one of my friends asked me to pass him the basketball, I grabbed one, waited till he looked away, and threw it pretty hard to his face, which made him cry

- I literally stole candy from a baby, I wanted Snickers

- I slammed the door when this guy told me he was a Jehova's Witness
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:38 PM
#mission from god brb
Send a message via Skype™ to Casanova
View Posts: 2,825

Uh. This really isn't the terrible but...
In middle school, I was so fed up with the state exams that I wrote....vulgar things on them and nearly getting expelled. Goood times.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

View Posts: 21,675

Im such a Deeply Horrible Person, listing all of the horrible things would be pointless.
However one instance was really deeply horrible. I did accidentally push someone off a second storey railing. She was fine, a little banged up but fine..nothing broken... But yeah that was like 15 years ago. I still kinda feel bad about that.

Quote:
Ive done that. The fool woke me up out of a dead sleep in the early hours of the morning. I told him outright "I DONT BELIEVE IN YOUR GOD!!!" and slammed the door in his face. Well, thats what you get when you wake me up at 7am on a Saturday.
ef hann sr v veru
hitki hann veit
hvat hann skal vi kvea
ef hans freista firar

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ You can still PM me for the clan test!
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
Last Edited by Florina Laufeyson; 10-20-2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
3 people liked this post: Ahluk, Cornelius Fudge, Electricut
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahluk View Post

In Argentina, which is predominantly Catholic, just about every door on every house has a sticker on it saying "En este hogar, somos catolicos" (In this home, we are Catholics) and I guess they do that to scare off missionaries.

I just knocked louder.

But there are also some extremely devout Testigos de Jehova there. We called them JW's or J-Dubs for short.

Anyways, I one day had the bright idea to copy what the Catholic people did with their stickers. I took a flash card and wrote "En este hogar, somos mormones" (In this home we are mormons) and taped it on the door for the world to see. It was very crude, a minty-green flashcard with my crappy handwriting. This was back when I was mormon, but I've since resigned and no longer believe in religion. But I digress...

So one morning I went out to go buy some bread. The panaria was a ways down the adjacent street and I had to cross the park next to our apartment for a bit of a short cut. And on my way back I stopped dead in my tracks as I noticed the most peculiar sight.

On the opposite side of the park where our house was, there were a TON of JW missionaries walking up and down the street and knocking on doors. It was like an army of them. I, being a mormon missionary at the time, was not in the mood to tangle with them (mormons and JW's are mortal enemies) so I waited to see if they'd knock on my door or not.

Now, like the mormon missionaries, the JW missionaries are always in pairs of two. And so there was an army of pairs all over the block. And as I continued to stand on the opposite side of the park and watch, I noticed a pair walk up to my house. They did not knock. They just stood there, looked at the sign for a moment.

And then they just left!

It was hilarious! And not only them, but all the other couples on the street went up to my door and then walked away without even knocking. It was the coolest thing ever!

Last Edited by Coconut Water; 10-20-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
7 people liked this post: Ahluk, Cornelius Fudge, Electricut, Esalia, kezzer, Khao, Vinyl Scratch
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

View Posts: 21,675

Quote:
I just knocked louder.
You really are deeply horrible!!!!

Quote:
(mormons and JW's are mortal enemies)
Funny that, especially when both try to come to the door.
ef hann sr v veru
hitki hann veit
hvat hann skal vi kvea
ef hans freista firar

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ You can still PM me for the clan test!
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaFlorina View Post
You really are deeply horrible!!!!
Tell me about it. I still feel bad about that.

Something I wrote earlier concerning this:

"Though I undeniably did good while I was a missionary in Argentina and had some great experiences, I am now lamenting that fact that I spent almost two years (came back early and honorably on medical leave) walking the streets, clapping at doors and 'testifying' with a great and burning conviction that I knew what was 'true' based on my personal 'testimony' and that they needed to believe it too. There I was, on the opposite hemisphere in a completely different culture having the nerve to try and show them that their beliefs and way of life was wrong...all based on my 'personal witness' that I had been taught all my Mormon life was the promptings of the Holy Spirit telling me that the church was true."

So as you can see, I feel bad about how I took advantage of people in their situations.

Quote:
Funny that, especially when both try to come to the door.
Boy, I've clocked many hours during my mission in arguing with JW's over doctrines and stuff. You're supposed to avoid bible-bashing with other religious folk, but most of my run-ins with them were accidental.
Last Edited by Coconut Water; 10-20-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 2,799

I don't consider myself to be that mean of a person, but back in high school I was really a mess. (It was actually around the time I joined this forum. Hope I wasn't mean on here. D: ) Perhaps, still not horribly mean, though. lol

Some of it centers around band, and me being stuck in the lower band that was for the kids who either didn't care enough to go on majoring music in college or the doublers. So I hated that class, and I was a real jerk to the doublers that were in my section. I feel bad about that, now.

Most of my meanness went towards a girl that wasn't a doubler in the section (although she was supposed to make a higher band, now that I think about it.). But the fact that it was band is irrelevant to this. Back then I was an atheist, and I wasn't a very open-minded one. She was a Christian, and although not the kind that I dislike these days, she was somewhat pushy about it. I don't know when she found out I was an atheist, but when she did comments started between us two. Particularly her randomly saying "Jesus loves you" to me over and over again. Also getting mad that I wouldn't say "Under God" for the pledge.

Anyway, to the point (I'm bored, that's why I went in depth here. xD), I remember one day I just got really mean and just told her that Christianity was a lie, and that she's stupid for believing it.

I was a real jerk back then. D:

(Just to clarify, I don't think that of Christians anymore.)

There was somewhat of an happy ending, though. My first semester of college, I went to one of her church services because she was performing in it (she requested it), and I even stayed afterwards for one of her Bible groups afterward and met her youth group.

So yay for happy endings, right? =D

------

Last Edited by Envy; 10-20-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Chozo Knight
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 07:01 PM
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EEEEIIIEEE
Send a message via AIM to Rana Send a message via Skype™ to Rana

View Posts: 1,767

I once faked having chicken pox because I didn't want to go to school. I took a red marker and made little red dots all over. I had just gotten out of the hospital about 6 months before, so I had to be rushed to the hospital..

I felt really awful about the whole thing. Red markers still haunt me to this day. :|

How long will we be waiting
For your modern Messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eyes
1 person liked this post: Khao
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 2,799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana View Post
I once faked having chicken pox because I didn't want to go to school. I took a red marker and made little red dots all over. I had just gotten out of the hospital about 6 months before, so I had to be rushed to the hospital..

I felt really awful about the whole thing. Red markers still haunt me to this day. :|
The thing is, if I tried something like that I would end up actually getting the illness. (Like I've pretended I had a headache once, and I got one.)

I don't fake illness for that reason.

------

Last Edited by Envy; 10-20-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Now with secret hobo spices
Send a message via Skype™ to Pietro
View Posts: 8,198

In high school we had to do a mandatory 40 hours of community service, I chose to teach catechism for kids who were going to take their communion because the church was like 5 minutes away from my house.

I did this despite the fact that I'm an atheist, so I spent a couple of months sarcastically teaching bible stuff.

"I once convinced a woman that I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it"
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietro View Post
I did this despite the fact that I'm an atheist, so I spent a couple of months sarcastically teaching bible stuff.
It's okay if I laugh at this right?