Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Dragoon Fighter Dragoon Fighter is a male United States Dragoon Fighter is offline
Tenguman
Join Date: Oct 2010
View Posts: 299
Things people say or post that make you mad.

I put the fun tag as I do not wish you to respond to seriously, but I am looking for a semi-serious response.

First off inb4 *insert anything here* makes me kind of mad, I mean it just seems to be there for the sole purpose of wasting space.

Something else that kind of bugs me is when people say something is ironic, when it's not. You know what I am talking about, and you know people like that.

When someone says "be a man", especially (but not exclusively) when it is a girl saying it, the phrase just makes me up the wall, also as it is normally a phrase that is trying to get you to do something you do not wish to do, its just .

When people try to help me while playing a game. For example I will be playing Zelda and my brother will walk past me and yell "Try this" or "Try that" and my mental response is STFU. I am trying to play a game, go back to minding your own business. My real response is go away or be quite.

So what are somethings that people say that make you mad?
__________________

Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Aenglaan
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Ethernet Ethernet is offline
Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: colinoblivion.wordpress.com
View Posts: 114
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

This comes mostly from Reddit, but I absolutely can't stand it when someone starts a title with "does anyone else...?"

Guess what, it's the internet, yes other people out there feel/think the same way. You aren't the first person to think of it. "Does anyone else think that Cheetos are great with sandwiches?" NOPE, NOBODY EVER. YOU'RE THE FIRST.

I realize that a lot of the time they actually mean "who else...?" They want to start a conversation with people who feel the same way they do. Well then just say it that way.

It makes me angrier than it should, but I can't seem to get over it.
__________________
Code:
.            CHALLENGE: BEAT ALL THE ZELDA GAMES IN ORDER
[]The Legend of Zelda   [ ]Majora's Mask          [ ]The Minish Cap
[]The Adventure of Link [ ]Oracle of Seasons      [ ]Twilight Princess
[ ]A Link to the Past    [ ]Oracle of Ages         [ ]Phantom Hourglass
[ ]Link's Awakening (DX) [ ]The Wind Waker         [ ]Spirit Tracks
[ ]Ocarina of Time       [ ]Four Swords Adventures [ ]Skyward Sword
Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Chef, kezzer
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Sgt. Pepper Sgt. Pepper is a male Togo Sgt. Pepper is offline
The Artist Formerly Known As Flex Buffchest
Send a message via Skype™ to Sgt. Pepper
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Penisylvania
View Posts: 2,854
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

It makes me mad when people make threads about things that people say or post that make me mad.
__________________
Reply With Quote
4 people liked this post: Dragoon Fighter, Glape Flavored, Nox, Paper Prince
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Willow-chan Willow-chan is a female United States Willow-chan is offline

Join Date: Jul 2011
View Posts: 3,628
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthernetHub View Post
Guess what, it's the internet, yes other people out there feel/think the same way. You aren't the first person to think of it. "Does anyone else think that Cheetos are great with sandwiches?" NOPE, NOBODY EVER. YOU'RE THE FIRST.
LOL, your post made me laugh and it's so true. XD

As for myself, YouTube comments generally annoy me. It seems like the amount of incoherent trolls vastly outnumber people who contribute decent conversation/commentary. Also the "thumbs up if you..[insert whatever the person wants thumbs up for that is usually very obvious/bound to get a lot of likes]" because people just want their comments to be at the top of the page is irritating. Just say what you feel and if people agree, you will automatically get your comment liked! Don't ask for it.

And when it comes to real life, I can't stand it when people say "You'll see in a few years for now" or "You'll change your mind when you're older" when they happen to be older than you and you express an opinion that is different from them. At 21 years old, I think I am capable of thinking for myself and if my feelings should change over time on a certain matter, then okay. But I find it invalidating and downright rude when you say your feelings and someone glosses over it by insisting my feelings will change.
__________________

- - -
The World is closed by the walls
The birds are the only creatures allowed to fly beyond the walls
The birds are known for delivering forgotten dreams

La fille qui a des ailes grises
- - -

Tumblr: personal | faith/inspirational
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 08:52 PM
<|:D <|:D is a male Canada <|:D is offline
There comes a time for every man to sail the seas of cheese
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
View Posts: 1,632
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

It makes me angry when people try and say clever things about the title of the thread.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Trixie Trixie is a male Trixie is offline
Great and Powerful!
Join Date: Jun 2011
View Posts: 602
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

When people say, "You don't listen to pop music, you must be a horrible person." You got that backwards, buddy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
4 people liked this post: Glape Flavored, Paper Prince, Sgt. Pepper, Willow-chan
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Mafoofoo Mafoofoo is offline
?
Steam ID: Foofs
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sad Land
View Posts: 8,474
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow-chan View Post

And when it comes to real life, I can't stand it when people say "You'll see in a few years for now" or "You'll change your mind when you're older" when they happen to be older than you and you express an opinion that is different from them. At 21 years old, I think I am capable of thinking for myself and if my feelings should change over time on a certain matter, then okay. But I find it invalidating and downright rude when you say your feelings and someone glosses over it by insisting my feelings will change.
There are certain times where those are appropriate responses. Once you grow older you'll understand what I mean.
Last Edited by Mafoofoo; 07-27-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Malia
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Kikaider Antarctica Kikaider is offline
Jiro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not here
View Posts: 11,916
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

There are a lot of things people say or post that make you mad.

#1: I don't want to speak of it, because then people will start a flame war.

#2: Well, I was on Deviant Art, on JG Quintel's page, because he talked about Regular Show being nominated for an Emmy, and then this guy kept on posting and posting about how Spongebob wasn't going to win because it is a terrible show, always has been, the only awards it has won was worst cartoon, blah blah blah. He really was a turd. Probably a troll, but still.

#3: Hating things because they are popular. Cody Davies basically summed it up for me.

#4: Yeah, I hate the term "be a man" or "man up" as well. Just really.

And that's pretty much it for now. I don't know about anything else right now.
Last Edited by Kikaider; 07-27-2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Kikaider Antarctica Kikaider is offline
Jiro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not here
View Posts: 11,916
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xosgni View Post
I BET I KNOW WHAT THIS ONE IS!!!

I still hate how you did not add any blood at all.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Marceline The Vamp Queen Marceline The Vamp Queen is a female United States Marceline The Vamp Queen is offline
Blaah
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ooo
View Posts: 385
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

Ignorant people who tell me to "chill out" when I'm pissed.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Kuya Kuya is a male Philippines Kuya is offline
Therein, they're in there in their inn.
Steam ID: cereal_bawks Wii U ID: Cereal_Bawks 3DS ID: 0989-1785-1204

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Eryth
View Posts: 8,421
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHungryHippo View Post
#3: Hating things because they are popular. Cody Davies basically summed it up for me.
You could have just said hipsters.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Ty Ty is a male Canada Ty is online now
Ok, but dogs CAN look up.


Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Daisy Villa Apartments
View Posts: 15,203
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <|:D View Post
It makes me angry when people try and say clever things about the title of the thread.
Damn it, you be me to the punch.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Kikaider Antarctica Kikaider is offline
Jiro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not here
View Posts: 11,916
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Bawks View Post
You could have just said hipsters.
Hipsters, though, hate things when they become popular. I was just referring to people who hate things without even trying them out because they are well know, and other stuff they take pleasure in is being overlooked.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 PM
<|:D <|:D is a male Canada <|:D is offline
There comes a time for every man to sail the seas of cheese
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
View Posts: 1,632
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHungryHippo View Post
Hipsters, though, hate things when they become popular. I was just referring to people who hate things without even trying them out because they are well know, and other stuff they take pleasure in is being overlooked.
Yeah, hipsters.
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Kuya
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Sgt. Pepper Sgt. Pepper is a male Togo Sgt. Pepper is offline
The Artist Formerly Known As Flex Buffchest
Send a message via Skype™ to Sgt. Pepper
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Penisylvania
View Posts: 2,854
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

People who judge my taste of music or the music on my iPod. It's MY iPod. That and Umad.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Silver Lining Silver Lining is a male United States Silver Lining is offline
Excelsior.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Florida
View Posts: 3,155
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

I hate it when someone (whether its myself or someone else) makes a long, thought-out post and someone replies by picking apart at the most miniscule part of it that has no relevance to the overall meaning of the long post.

This happens a lot on the SD boards. Like a person will point out a misuse of a word in a big post and then an argument erupts over how to properly use that word. Completely ruins threads sometimes.
Reply With Quote
3 people liked this post: Coconut Water, Florina Laufeyson, Prometheus
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Kneesocks Germany Kneesocks is offline
You call it freedom, but it's a perverse Anarchy
Send a message via Skype™ to Kneesocks

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: nowhere
View Posts: 10,986
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

Earlier today, Gamzee said to me that I was annoying and weird as ♥♥♥♥k

I got a little mad because I don't really like being called names by unknown people that I don't know or I barely know the person.

I didn't mind it too much by him, but I got irked.
Last Edited by Kneesocks; 07-27-2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
5 people liked this post: Agent Orange, Dislutfate, lefty, Paper Prince, Sgt. Pepper
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2011, 03:01 AM
Jaime Lannister Sweden Jaime Lannister is online now
Kingslayer

Join Date: Jun 2006
View Posts: 28,442
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

Nothing really gets me mad. Certainly nothing that ZU could throw at me, anyway.
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: luca
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2011, 03:09 AM
Professor Paradox Professor Paradox is a male United States Professor Paradox is offline
Interfere? Of course I am going to interfere....always do what you are best at
Steam ID: Asking me for a steam account? Never met a more dedicated gaming site.
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Right behind you.
View Posts: 431
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

Mad or annoyed?


Lots of things annoy me. Very few things make me angry.
__________________
I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2011, 03:32 AM
Coconut Water United States Coconut Water is offline
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Wii U ID: Blizzaga

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Santos
View Posts: 35,524
Re: Things people say or post that make you mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHungryHippo View Post
#3: Hating things because they are popular. Cody Davies basically summed it up for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Bawks View Post
You could have just said hipsters.
One thing that really irks me is how easily one is branded as a "hipster". It seems to be an increasingly popular thing here on ZU to hate on those who don't always go with mainstream stuff. It's as if it's an automatic assumption that people who prefer other things are only against popular things merely because of its popularity. In other words, the assumption that everyone who doesn't fall in line with the mainstream is a hipster.

Yeah, well, call me a hipster and I call you a lemming.
__________________

???

Reply With Quote
3 people liked this post: Calliope, Kneesocks, onilink422
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -