Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 53
Deal breakers

okay, hype. I want you to picture your ideal partner. Now, we all have different tastes, so I'll just say picture the sort of person you could see yourself having endless sex.. er, conversation with. The sort of person who's shoulder you could cry on, to share all your deepest feeling and memories and all that jazz with. The sort of person you could see yourself eventually walking down the aisle with, creating your little horrible offspring with, and retiring and living the rest of your lives with.

now, I want you to think of all the terrible little traits and quirks that would just completely ruin them for you. yep, deal breakers. the things that would ruin an otherwise perfect partner. I'll start:

weighing less than me - I'm pretty thin, so unless they're anorexic or a 7 year old girl, I really doubt this is gonna happen

not being over their ex - like honestly this is probably the most annoying trait. luckily I've never dated anyone like this, but I've seen friends date people who were so painfully obviously attached to their ex, oh god it was so annoying not to point it out.

cheaters - self explanatory

people who are WAY taller than me - also mega awkward, like they have to lean over like a hunchback to kiss goodbye and stuff ugh its weird

ridiculously dumb people - I hate it when girls act all dumb and say how "ditzy" they are. No, I want you to be someone I can actually talk to.

they don't dress well - I'm not really the type to try and "change" a girlfriend too much but if she dresses like a complete idiot and has no style this is something that HAS to change. otherwise she's gone.

doesn't meet my standards (aka ugly) - self explanatory. I feel girls tend to do more "settling" when it comes to partners (as in a hot chick in more likely to date a less-than-attractive guy than vice versa) but come on, if I can't even look at them seriously without either laughing or having my eyes burst into flames its a dealbreaker

being ridiculously muscular - I guess I kinda contradict myself with this list, or I just have high standards. Either way, they can't be too thin, because who wants to **** a skeleton, but they also can't basically be a gorilla. If it looks like you're on roids its not gonna happenod I sound like a *****

they fake bake - aka spray on tan, etc. - basically you can't look like a guido. or an oompa loompa. same difference. Its so bad when girls do this ugh

really short hair - some girls can rock shorter hair, but I'm talking short by girl standards. around ear length is where most girls should draw the line.

poor hygiene - take a shower you smelly hippie

they look too much like me - okay so my brother is dating a girl who looks like the female version of him. Like if in some freaky, twilight-zone universe, everybody had a opposite gender counterpart, but she somehow came to our universe and they started dating. oh my god it freaks me out so much ughhhh

they're a trap - also self explanatory

Okay so I could probably go on for a lot longer but if I do this thread may as well be named the "why HaloCod is single" thread, so yeah

go ahead
Last Edited by HaloCod27; 06-23-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Excelsior.
View Posts: 2,023
Re: Deal breakers

Fat chicks.

... Kidding. Stupidity, looseness, loudness, promiscuous or sensual behavior, tendency to slouch, being less than 5'4 in height, enjoying alcohol too much, and being overzealous about going to clubs. All of these turn me off instantly (except maybe stupidity, if she at least seems interested in learning), either because I dislike that particular trait in a person, or because I just don't find myself attracted to that quality (such as the criteria relating to height).
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Battle routine, set! Execute!
View Posts: 4,658

I seriously couldn't date a fat or ugly chick.

I don't like my girlfriend being taller than me, (I'm so frustratingly close!) but I can live with it as it's hard to notice.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Halcyon Hero Halcyon Hero is a male United States Halcyon Hero is offline
View Posts: 16,664

A lot of stuff is pretty obvious, so I'll got with my top three.

Smoking, stupid, and bossy. Any one of those kills it for me.

1 person liked this post: Ftimis
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Excelsior.
View Posts: 2,023

It's not that hard to tame a bossy chick. Just don't do any of the stupid, menial tasks she makes you do (especially if she tells you to do it in an authoritative tone). Instead, make fun of her (don't react hostilely), and she'll be powerless.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Halcyon Hero Halcyon Hero is a male United States Halcyon Hero is offline
View Posts: 16,664

Hmmmm, no. Not worth the effort to me. I mean, unless she's almost perfect, and being bossy is her only flaw. But usually, if a chick is bossy, there's probably lots of other junk in there that I won't like. If I wanted to mold a chick into someone I'd like, I'd rather just start from scratch Frankenstein-style.

#7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2011, 09:30 PM
I brush after every meal.
Wii U ID: KeeSomething
View Posts: 2,902

Physically speaking, the girl must have good feet. Call it a foot fetish if you want, but girl's with nasty feet are huge turn-offs. Everything else could be perfect, but those feet are my top-priority. If they don't meet a certain standard, the girl may as well be a dog (which I am also not attracted to).
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Ok, but dogs CAN look up.

View Posts: 15,293

Wouldn't mind a bossy woman, to be honest.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,252

Being attracted to them should be a given. My others are being a statist, being carnivorous, believing in superstition(magic, gods, karma, ghosts, etc.), smoking, and being too stupid. Original Poster, your list is too long.
Last Edited by SkullDude; 06-24-2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 07:14 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 390

besides the obvious stuff like mean personalities, the instant deal breaker for me is if a guy is shorter than me, even if it's only an inch or two. i should mention that i'm 5'10" so i eliminate basically half the men i meet on that fact alone.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Better than you at most things
View Posts: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Giant View Post
I seriously couldn't date a fat or ugly chick.

I don't like my girlfriend being taller than me, (I'm so frustratingly close!) but I can live with it as it's hard to notice.
I feel so shallow right now but........ Same
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Magical Miracle Girl ★ Usami!
Steam ID: superpaniland Wii U ID: Panique

View Posts: 24,860

A deal breaker to me would be a guy who has a silly long list of deal breakers like the OP.
Last Edited by Panique; 06-25-2011 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Banned User
View Posts: 30,586

Well, really, I don't have many deal-breakers, but strangely enough, I can be rather picky about a guy's appearance anyway. Appearance doesn't matter as much to me as personality does, but obviously, I won't date a butt ugly guy. I just don't want these things either besides the obvious (like a mean guy or a guy who cheats, etc.):

- A guy who wears pink. It's not that I think pink is a girl-only color, it's that I think guys look terrible in it. This, and the fact that pink is my least favorite color.

- Paleness or thinness. I like a good tan. I wish I could have one myself, but my body just never does it. As for thinness, I'm not saying I want a guy who weighs less than me (he'd be a ten year old if he did, seriously) or a guy who's chubby, I just don't want him to look like a rail.

- Over-muscularity. Honestly, I'm really attracted to muscles. But of course, I have a limit on this too. There is a such thing as too much muscle, after all. I don't mind if the guy isn't muscular though, as long as I still like his appearance anyway.

- Light or red hair. I just never seem to think guys look as good with these hair colors as they do black or brown.

Oh, and obviously, he should be taller than me. That's easy, since I'm like five feet tall. Any guy who's shorter is either a midget or a kid. xP
Last Edited by Sonic Rainboom; 06-25-2011 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Kingslayer

View Posts: 28,450

whats with all the hate on tall chicks? personally that's kind of a plus for me. it's more unique given that I only know two girls taller than me, and even so they're only like 6ft 2 (I'm 6ft).

There are obvious ones, like not being able to be in a relationship if I'm not attracted to them. But, I'm pretty liberal when it comes to this. As long as it's apparent that she cares about her appearance, pretty much, and isn't like 300 pounds.

As long as she isn't annoying I could deal with just about any personality quirks. Wouldn't a relationship be pretty boring if you two just agreed on everything and she was perfect to you? You can only handle paradise for so long.

Plus, I wouldn't want to come off as hypocritical as I'm sure I have my own flaws.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 08:15 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
Stormy, I think I know your ideal man:

Um, you read my post wrong. I said I DID NOT want any of those things...
Last Edited by Sonic Rainboom; 06-25-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Notsil
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Banned User

Yeah, Vegeta is pretty interesting, admittedly, but yeah, even cartoon men look bad in pink lol.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
We built Mute City on Rock and Roll
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,616

REAL MEN WEAR PINK!!!

The only real deal breaker i have is a man with no spine. I am a very firey personality and sometimes i do need my other half to be able to speak up when im getting...too firey. Also a guy who is too easily influenced by the opinions of others, that is a bit of a turn off. (understatement.) Having a good pair of balls and a solid spine is something i look for! I also like a guy who has confidence in himself. Note that confidence does not equal douchebaggery. Theres a fine line there. You can be confident in yourself without being a jerk. I also like a guy whos in tune with his feminine side at times. And who isnt afraid to be proud of his interests, no matter what it is.

Appearance? I...cant do short guys. Sorry shortos but i just cant. Im pretty damn tall (5'9"). I can deal with dudes only a bit shorter than me but if hes under 5'5", i get uncomfortable. My boyfriend is actually my same height. Works perfectly. Guys who have a bit of overweight going on are a bit of a turn off too. Im actually a bit ashamed to admit that but yeah. That wouldnt stop me from being their friend but going any further than that would be extremely awkward for me.

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
Guys who have a bit of overweight going on are a bit of a turn off too. Im actually a bit ashamed to admit that but yeah. That wouldnt stop me from being their friend but going any further than that would be extremely awkward for me.

coughcoughwhatateasecoughcough

i keed.

anyways......I don't mind a girl that is taller than me, hell I think tall and lanky is sexy as hell. Though I doubt I'll meet many girls that tall since I'm 6'1 -6'2 so you know.

I Really dig girls with Blonde or Red Hair. I honestly don't really believe in the dumb blonde idea. Honestly, the dumber blondes aren't naturally blonde. And Red Hair is just fantastic.

I can't stand the pro-typical model like girl. Anyone that copies Megan Fox is just a big turn off. I need some kind of quirkyness to be interested in them.

However I do hate Moles, they freak me out, i hate moles.

And even though this is pretty hypocritical I can't stand overweight girls. I don't think they are bad people, and honestly, I hate that I feel this way. But I'm more attracted to the skinner kind. I do want some...meat on the bones I guess. Anorexic is just wrong.

Also, I'm an arse man myself, so you know. Titties are nice but dat arse is where its at yo.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
We built Mute City on Rock and Roll
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,616

I think those who say they dont like overweight girls arent just saying they dont like the way they look. (while that is true for many.) Not all big girls are like this, mind, but ive met more than my share that are: They can be extremely insecure due to their weight that causes more internal issues. Say like you are in a relationship or even just dating a bigger young lady and a young lady with a very nice slim figure walks by (or worse, is your friend) and the big lady gets so jealous she explodes. That causes problems.

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Kingslayer

View Posts: 28,450

That too but I mean if you're fat to the point where your torso is literally round like an egg and your face and neck lack any depth whatsoever, well, I'd find that had to be attracted to.

I've seen a fat ❤❤❤❤❤ flip ♡♡♡♡ before regarding her weight. Wasn't pretty.