Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Have You Gotten or Served Detention?
Yes 118 63.78%
No 47 25.41%
Almost 17 9.19%
I Don't Get Detention In My School 3 1.62%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Jiro
View Posts: 11,916
Have You Ever Served Detention?

Well, have you? I have almost gotten detention. Once, I told the principal to "Have a nice day!" and she thought I was being sarcastic. Even though, I said it pretty nicely, and gave me detention. I skipped it, therefore did not serve it. I also said I forgot to do my homework, then later, opened up my notebook to realize that I actually did do it, therefore did not get detention. So, I have never gotten detention, yet. I was given both of those in 5th grade, I never came close to getting any in 6th and 7th grade, and so far in 8th grade.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Chi-ga-u. Atashi wa ringo.
View Posts: 881
Re: Have You Ever Served Detention?

Yeah. A bunch during my freshman year. I used to be late to school ALL the time. At my school they have a system where if you're late a few times they start to give you detention.

ALttP, OoT, MM, WW, FSA, MC, TP, PH, SS
3-Heart, 100%, Finished, Playing, Played
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Send a message via AIM to tnf Send a message via Skype™ to tnf
View Posts: 12,348

In high school in AZ, you have to wear your student id at all times. I was having a bad day (and was failing a test at the exact moment), when my teacher decided to do id checks.
Normally, I had mine. But that particular terrible day, I forgot it. She started hassling me about it, and I whispered "i hate this ****ing id rule" to myself, practically inaudible.
Well, bat **** crazy teacher heard me and wrote me up. I saw the damn report, she claimed I "became belligerent and shouted loudly during class", so I received a 3 day all-day suspension AKA detention. This was despite 5 students in the class attesting to what REALLY happened.
Last Edited by tnf; 10-26-2010 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 06:45 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

I did for last two months of 9th grade. I had been neglecting my homework so they forced me to do it as they watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleRath View Post
Yeah. A bunch during my freshman year. I used to be late to school ALL the time. At my school they have a system where if you're late a few times they start to give you detention.
My school had that, too. I never understood it.

You're missing too much class! You have to go to detention instead of class today!

I mean if it were after-school, that would be one thing, but it never was.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 06:49 PM

^Yeah Mandrag, that always confused me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnf View Post
In high school in AZ, you have to wear your student id at all times. I was having a bad day (and was failing a test at the exact moment), when my teacher decided to do id checks.
Normally, I had mine. But that particular terrible day, I forgot it. She started hassling me about it, and I whispered "i hate this ****ing id rule" to myself, practically inaudible.
Well, bat **** crazy teacher heard me and wrote me up. I saw the damn report, she claimed I "became belligerent and shouted loudly during class", so I received a 3 day all-day suspension AKA detention. This was despite 5 students in the class attesting to what REALLY happened.
That's funny cause I live in AZ too. My school didn't enforce that rule at all though. However I did go to another HS in the morning for a JROTC class and they enforced it quite effeciently. So I got detention for that one time.

Last Edited by Lunamrath; 10-26-2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
That's funny cause I live in AZ too. My school didn't enforce that rule at all though. However I did go to another HS in the morning for a JROTC class and they enforced it quite effeciently. So I got detention for that one time.
perhaps its just the district? I was in the heart of DVUSD and our school was the first to do it after a couple of young looking gang members came on campus and beat another student. I remember other schools in our district following suit after that, though.
Last Edited by tnf; 10-26-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 06:55 PM
The ZU Paladin
Send a message via AIM to Janus Send a message via Skype™ to Janus
Steam ID: Janus3003
View Posts: 6,152

Forgot my ID once in sixth grade, thus, 30 minute detention after school. Whee.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 06:57 PM
bonjour tout le monde
Steam ID: gamingcakes
View Posts: 3,700

I did, once. In sixth grade, our science class was playing Jeopardy! in preparation for our test. It was getting pretty heated in there, and we were neck and neck on the last question. It was our turn to answer. The smartest kid was answering, and the question was the easiest on the board. And he missed it. I called him an "epic fail", and the teacher told me to wait in the hall. I got a detention shortly afterward.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
perhaps its just the district? I was in the heart of DVUSD and our school was the first to do it after a couple of young looking gang members came on campus and beat another student. I remember other schools in our district following suit after that, though.
If you don't mind me asking, is it the Peoria district? That's where my school and the other that enforced it is at least.

#10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking, is it the Peoria district? That's where my school and the other that enforced it is at least.
The peoria district is VERY close to deer valley unified. I'm not surprised a school there enforced the id rule.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
The peoria district is VERY close to deer valley unified. I'm not surprised a school there enforced the id rule.
It's district wide now actually. I dislike your district now I had to serve detention cause of their lame rules

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 07:07 PM
#teens
Send a message via Skype™ to Calliope

View Posts: 7,553

I got a detention when I was in 6th grade... way back in 2001... because I was doodling too much in math class.
It was kind of a lame detention as far as detentions go; the teacher was also the volleyball coach, so I served it by sitting in the corner of a gym while she coached practice after school one day.

//\\//\\twitter//\\//\\//art thread//\\//\\//tumblr//\\//\\

#13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Bobby Emerald Bobby Emerald is a male United States Bobby Emerald is offline
There's no reason why I'm not enough.
View Posts: 8,256

lol @ detentions for missing ids.
I don't know anyone who hasn't served detention. I have...but those days were in elementary and middle school. I've learned how to do troublesome things and not get in trouble :> I've never been suspended in my life.

Be happy about progress and realize nobody is above it, ALWAYS be happy with wherever you're at and be good to yourself.
Then, simultaneously, PUSH yourself to beat the plateaus.
Quote:
Your personal level of excellence dictates your mental level of deservedness that shapes your behavior of entitlement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodd View Post
Women want equality. Therefore I would punch a woman just as hard as I would punch a man. Because I'm into feminism like that.
Last Edited by Bobby Emerald; 10-26-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Steam ID: Sugarpott 3DS ID: 5172-0173-9813

View Posts: 17,825

I got detention all the time in elementary school.

Only once in high school, though. You'd think it'd be the other way around

If you've got balls, I'm not dicking up your anything. - HH
Quesadillas!

#15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Inquisitor Darklaw Inquisitor Darklaw is a female United States Inquisitor Darklaw is offline
Gay for Darklaw
3DS ID: 0834 1855 6661
View Posts: 2,775

I've never gotten detention. I haven't even gotten a level one(which would be sitting out at lunch and recces) in middle school so far. I'm usually pretty quite reading or something. Unfortunately I get described as a teachers pet a lot when I usually hate all my teachers.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 07:24 PM
George Washington George Washington is a male United States George Washington is offline
12 stories high made of radiation
View Posts: 215

Almost got detention a few times in Middle/High school, mainly for talking back, but the teachers generally were too lazy to write up anyone but the most belligerent students. I was a good student anyways so I usually got off the hook.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 07:27 PM
jcd ; bionicman
Steam ID: OatsNraisin
View Posts: 17,966

I've never served detention but one time I shut down all the garbage mashers on the detention level.

All ultraspecific jokes aside, I did serve detention once in tenth grade for being tardy too many times. I got to see my ninth grade Language Arts teacher who I hadn't seen since ninth grade (which isn't exactly a good thing because she's an old puritan hag) and I got my math homework done. Altogether not a very painful experience, besides having to be around all the retards who have detention for legitimate reasons.
Last Edited by JC Denton; 10-26-2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
We built Mute City on Rock and Roll
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,606

Oh sure, loads of times! I cant even count, nor can i remember why. I was really something of a bad seed in school.

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 07:44 PM
You call it freedom, but it's a perverse Anarchy
Send a message via Skype™ to Kneesocks

View Posts: 10,986

No, I never onced served detention... Whoa, that was a big fat lie. XD

I served detention many of times, mostly because of dumb ****. A lot of times in Junior High just because I didn't have my I.D.
One time just because I threw a book at my English Teacher because I thought he was a child molestor. (It was the 2nd week of school in 7th grade, of course I was being an idiot!)
I went a few times just because I failed classes numerous of times. (I didn't turn in work, pay attention in class, etc)

I had to go to Saturday detention just because I have a certain amount of pink slips. (Also known as referral's.) And I dislike Saturday detention, I hate wasting 4-6 hours of a good weekend day in a class room doing nothing but work. :/

There was more reason's, but I can't remember them. But I was a good girl all last year, except 2 pink slips.

But other than that, you have to ask my friends of more moments where I either almost get detention or a pink slip. :/ This year, I am doing pretty well of not getting into trouble. ^.^
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2010, 08:07 PM
so ridoclus
Send a message via Skype™ to Jordan
Steam ID: deafas♥♥♥♥
View Posts: 10,870

had a detention today for accumulating too many tardies. Had one last week for sleeping in class(es). I tend to get a lot of them.