$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Goron
Send a message via Skype™ to love to play zelda:D
View Posts: 224
What do you do with your hair?

I'm just curious, really.

Some people put lots of importance on hair. I know girls that spend an hour each morning straightening it, and guys that love using hair gel. I also know people who never brush their hair. My friend was just talking about how sometimes she won't come to school of her hair looks awful. So I have a few questions for you, ZU.

How important is your hair to you?
What to you do to style it?
Do you dye your hair?
What is the most attractive (or unattractive) hair style on a member of the opposite sex? (Or, really, the sex you are attracted to?)
And lastly, what's the worst style or hair day you've ever had?

I honestly don't put much importance on my hair, nor do I do much to style it. If my hair looks bad, oh well, I will just throw it up and leave my bangs down. My friend told me the other day I have "naturally styled hair," which I guess could be true because my hair is curly and doesn't need much done. All I do is shampoo, condition, then brush through it once while it is wet.

I don't dye my hair, it's naturally fairly gold, with some strawberry blonde and dirty blonde. I may highlight when it starts getting really dark. But for now, I'm fine with it. Actually, my nickname is Goldilocks among some people at school (God, I hate that name...)

For hairstyles on the opposite sex, it depends on the person. I usually like hair that is somewhat "flippy," in a way like Justin Bieber's, but not quite as long. I know some semi- skin heads that look great that way, however. So it depends.

I used to put so much effort into my hair, and I tried to straighten it, which doesn't work on my ringlets. It has this awful kink in some parts and had a strange wavy pattern. It just looked bad. I did this for about 2 years.

Wow, this is long. No need to answer all the questions, but I hope they allow for some discussion
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 04:37 PM
You know who else has the best tacos in the city!?
Steam ID: SomaCruz89
View Posts: 3,630
Re: What do you do with your hair?

I usually blow-dry it and comb it once I get out of the shower. If I don't, it just poofs up in all directions (like today) and looks pretty bad. When I had mid-back length hair, I would let mine air-dry, since drying it made my hair feel brittle.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 04:51 PM
I caught you a delicious bass.
Send a message via Skype™ to Rheks
Steam ID: rheks
View Posts: 2,101

I wash my hair quite regularly, it looks like **** other wise.
I blow dry, depending whether I am going or, or if people are coming over, I wont straighten my hair.
I sometimes curl it if I can be bothered, it depends how my hair turns out when I blow dry it, sometimes It's wavy than other times, thats when I just curl or leave it.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

View Posts: 20,840

Quote:
Originally Posted by love to play zelda:D View Post
Do you dye your hair?
What is the most attractive (or unattractive) hair style on a member of the opposite sex? (Or, really, the sex you are attracted to?)
I suppose I find my hair important. But I only care enough for it to look decent enough to walk outside. It varies depending on the circumstances and people I'm going to be with. I haven't been really taking care of hair these days, unfortunately, and my hair is suffering for it. Hopefully I can fix it.

My hair is... complicated. In the past, I've usually spiked it or combed it back. However more recently I've simply left it as is from morning until evening with simple changes made by my hand alone. Sometimes its sex hair, sometimes it's hair that's been pushed down, and other times it's simply bed-head. Typically, I keep my hair relatively short. When it gets long, it tends curl and doesn't really look that good. When it gets really long, it looks OK. However, from the time between when it's short and when it's long, it doesn't look so good.

No. I've thought about it. I might do it.

Hard to say. Having straight, fine, beautiful hair is a must. I don't mind sex hair, but really curly hair isn't really something that's suited for my tastes. The length can be anywhere from their neck to behind their knee. Typically I prefer long hair, but I've find myself attracted to short hair when it's properly done. Some Asian hairstyles, for example; mostly because Asian hair is typically fine and smooth.

I prefer texture and quality over hairstyles. Really fine, smooth hair that's been taken properly cared for is a big turn on for me.
Last Edited by Xeno; 09-04-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Send a message via AIM to tnf Send a message via Skype™ to tnf
View Posts: 12,348

Yes, I dye my hair. It is not naturally red. D: I have to wash it daily or else it just gets nasty-oily (I went 2 days without washing it not too long ago. It was sticking up on it's own). If I'm actually going somewhere, I'll blow dry it and then straighten any unruly bits with my curling iron. Then it gets a twist on the left side by my ear because that one little portion just refuses to go straight. Like this

Any other day though I'll like... half-blowdry it, then just pull it away from my face. I rarely curl my hair because it just gets crazy and frizzy.
Last Edited by tnf; 09-04-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 07:34 PM
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Steam ID: xlakitu Wii U ID: Nicolini
View Posts: 2,496

My hair is too soft so it won't get how I want it to be, however, I use hair gel. It might stay the way I want in the first couple of minutes, but it slowly flattens itself which is really annoying. I don't dye my hair, but I have considered it because I find my hair color to be kind of boring.

As for what I find to be attractive on the opposite sex, I don't really have any preferances. Almost everything looks nice, but I really like the way Kelly Rowland has her hair in the start of this video.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 07:50 PM
sage_of_fire sage_of_fire is a male United States sage_of_fire is offline
Vagiza?
Send a message via AIM to sage_of_fire
View Posts: 2,296

I wouldn't say my hair is massively important to me, but I will say that I'd be very upset if I woke up one morning and it was three or more inches shorter (Never EVER shall I pass out in a room full of fellow drunkards again!).

I take fair care of mine, washed ever day and brushed for a good five to ten minutes every day. But besides that I don't really provide any "special" treatment for it. I normally will just put it up in a pony tail if I'm working/doing anytihng but laying down.

No dye, at least not now. I did a bit when it was shorter and I was younger, but now I don't really care enough about it to do so.

I like short hair on women, honestly. It's odd, people say I'm reversed about it, but it's just what I find particularlly attractive.

I once pulled all my hair infront of my face, put it under my chin and braided it. It looked like I had a braided beard and massive sideburns. I'm pretty sure I did it on a dare or something, at least I hope so.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
Loptsided
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,601

I love my hair. Its my favorite part of myself. So naturally i do my best to take care of it. I brush it out when it needs it and wash it daily. Im natually a bit oily so i must shower everyday or else ill break out. D: My hair will get oily too if i dont. NASTY! I used to have mega long hair almost to me bum, but i chopped it last year to shoulder length. It then grew out again and i just the other day, whacked it all off again. I love my 'do! I can just put some gel in it and muss it around and it lays in the way i want it too! Hooray for little effort for a cool 'do! (it now looks almost exactly like the image in my sig. Color and all!)

I do dye my hair. I like auburn and im at the age where the greys come to haunt. D: D: D: So i must dye it occasionally or else i never get carded and get mistaken for your mum.

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
Last Edited by Florina Laufeyson; 09-04-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Kingslayer

View Posts: 28,438

My current style which is attempting to look like Jim Morrison's is somewhat successful. I wash it with conditioner every couple days and when I get out of the shower I just shake my head periodically. That's what I usually do. There was a time when I had it short and would gel it, and have a bit of spike going on in the front.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

View Posts: 11,900

I'm one of those girls that can take an hour straightening it. Mainly because it is thick and takes time to get all of it.
Usually only when I go out though. If I am just staying home I don't bother.

I dye it dark brown. I'm naturally light brown/dark blonde.

I don't use any gels or hair sprays.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Spooky Cutie Marisa
Steam ID: irgpie
View Posts: 1,193

Quote:
Not very. As long as I don't look like an idiot then I'm not too concerned about my hair.
Quote:
I usually go with whatever it was when I wake up and flatten down anything sticking up oddly with my hand. I've never used a comb.
Quote:
Do you dye your hair?
Absolutely not. I think any other colour would look stupid on me.
Quote:
A mullet. Those things are just... ugh, I don't see what people were thinking back when that was popular.
Quote:
When my sister spiked my hair up. I hated it and never let her do that again. Even though she still wants me to try it again to this day.
Last Edited by Irgy; 09-04-2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 10:38 PM
gin & ironic
View Posts: 2,375

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnf View Post
Yes, I dye my hair. It is not naturally red. D: .
I... have been deceived all this time

;-;

My hair is weird...it's curly and straight at the same time, it's also really poofy. I used to hate it but now I've grown to like it. It looks...different!

I normally get out of the shower and just comb the bang to one side and leave the rest crazy.

#13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 10:39 PM
In Nicki we trust.
View Posts: 6,796

Years ago, my hair was hopelessly messy. No matter what I did, it always looked spoofy xD I started taking better care of it and it's so much better now.

I only leave home when my hair is clean. I feel uncomfortable if I know my hair is dirty even when it isn't necessarily messy, so I wash it daily. I regularly apply conditioner and a little moisturizer (dry hair ftl), and that's it. My hair is really curly, so it arranges itself magically.

I usually prefer men with shorter hair, kind of like the guy in my avy (ignore the braid (is that how it is called?) and the sideburns). However, as long as it doesn't look messy, I'm fine with it.
Last Edited by Conde; 09-04-2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 11:02 PM
???????????
View Posts: 1,387

i have that type of hair which wont comb no matter what you do, even after shampoo and condition. Normally i dont care, but now its becoming a hassle, attempting to comb my hair every hour. So actually, just today, i got my self some gel,we'll se how that goes...
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 4,001

I keep my hair shortish, don't let it get longer than an inch or so from the tip of my hair to my head. Shampoo is pretty much all I do, don't comb it or brush it, just leave as is.

However, I am working on a padawan braid, so I have had to comb my "mullet" in the back, something I haven't had to do since I was little, so that was interesting.
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
The food stamp program, part of the Department of Agriculture, is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the Park Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us, "please do not feed the animals" because, “the animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves.”

Go figure.

~Nayru Awards!~
Most Mature
Most Like Lando

#16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Steam ID: Sugarpott 3DS ID: 5172-0173-9813

View Posts: 17,825

I do absolutely nothing special with my hair.

I used to get it dyed twice a year (and usually two different colors), but that was back when my mom was paying for everything. These days, I have more important stuff to spend my money on than hair dye. All I do to it is shampoo, condition for 5 minutes, put in smoothing cream and brush. I can't blow dry it because it cuts the effectiveness of the shampoo in half, and I don't curl it because the right side will not curl whatsoever, other wise I'd be curling it every other week >.<

If you've got balls, I'm not dicking up your anything. - HH
Quesadillas!

#17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Death Valley 69 Death Valley 69 is a male United States Death Valley 69 is offline
Dedicated to Our Citizens, Our Members, and Our Profession
View Posts: 391

I usually just keep it short. I use to have long hair, but I got sick of it. Sometimes I spike my hair.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Sentimental Macchiato Sentimental Macchiato is a female United States Sentimental Macchiato is offline
Your daily 12 year-old in a cup
View Posts: 972

Quote:
Important enough. I wouldn't really care if it starts raining and it gets all flat (because it's naturally straight anyway) or if someone starts tugging my hair (unless it's like "messing" it up so much that I can't just comb it with my hand).

Quote:
It's an Asian (Japanese) haircut (of course. I'm full Filipino). There's a short layer at the top in which it looks like a bobcut with side-bangs, then there's this really long lower layer. You can do a lot of stuff with this hairstyle. But I'm really not the type to get up very early in the morning and curl it just for school, which is what my sisters do. I don't actually do a lot of things with my hair besides simply combing it, putting it up (to make it look like I have a bobcut), and/or putting accessories in it.

Quote:
Do you dye your hair?
I really want to. Maybe a dark auburn or maybe bronze hairstyle? I want a natural color, though others are fine. I sort of don't like having colors like red or purple in my hair. At one point I considered a white color, but... eh. Doesn't work too well with brown.

Quote:
Attractive: The not-too-long-but-short hairstyles. I don't mind men with longer hair, if they can pull it off well. Also, I like the types of hairstyles that you find vkei men wearing even though you can't find those in America (or really outside of Japan)
Unattractive: The Moehawk. Dear god kill me-- the moehawk. Guys, I know you're trying to be really cool-- and as I had said above, I like the really cool hairstyles that visual kei bandmen wear--, but... seriously. And I don't like shaven heads. I usually stare at my friend's dad's head whenever I see him. They're... shiny.

Quote:
...Alright.

In my early days of 4th grade, I had a bowl cut. (not all around my head, though. Just the front. And for some reason they were dead-ends unlike the back of my hair) One day, I pissed off one of my older sisters by accident and she stuck her gum in my hair. Me being only in 4th grade then, I ran home and, instead I doing the logical thing and asking my mom for help, I cut off the top of my hair where she had put the gum and totally missed the strands of hair that had gum in it. Next thing I knew, there was a spot that had short boy-hair on the top my head.

Lasted a few months or so.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 02:12 AM
The White Maiden The White Maiden is a female United States The White Maiden is offline
All we can do is put our faith in the light and press on
View Posts: 296

I've had an interesting hair styling history. I used to despise my hair because I got teased for it so often; when I was really young it was so light it was nearly white, and my eyebrows too (which kind of made me look like I had none.) In elementary school I wore my hair like Saria, short with little flips at the bottom. In middle school I would tuck most of my hair behind my ears and leave some strands free, like Zelda. ;p (<-- Wow I'm such a geek.) In high school I stopped caring, and that's pretty much the way I've stayed. My nickname in highschool was 'Sex Hair'.

My hair is chronically straight. I know a lot of girls would kill for that natural straightness, but I always resented it because it is kind of inalterable. I have a few cowlicks here and there that stick up, and when I don't brush it I get more volume and it just looks slightly ruffled and messy. But it's not so bad. So that's what I do in the morning: stumble out of bed, cursing, ten minutes before I need to get somewhere, get dressed, trip over at least three things, and then go out and face the world.

I don't have a big preference of styles in the opposite sex. I guess... what Sentimental Macchiato said! -points up- Yup. That's pretty much it. Everything else is what I don't like. I don't like really short hair, shaved heads, mullets, mohawks, liberty spikes, dreads, fro, unnatural hair colours (except on Kafei, he totally pulls that purple off ) or super long hair. Or... greasy hair. Ew.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2010, 02:35 AM
Magical Miracle Girl ★ Usami!
Steam ID: superpaniland Wii U ID: Panique

View Posts: 24,860

I love my hair. -3-
Spoiler:  
I like fun hair. When my hair is all one colour I get so bored with it. So right now it's blue, before this it was pink, and after this it'll be another colour!

It's very thick and I straighten it most of the time and sometimes I cut a straight fringe and sometimes I just wear it to the side. It's so fun. And I love having it all fun coloured.