$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Yabba Dabba Doo Doo
Send a message via AIM to hyRULE-S Send a message via Yahoo to hyRULE-S
View Posts: 439
Remember this...

How far back can you remember?
As I get older (25.. ugh), i realize that my earliest memories start getting pushed further and further.

I used to be able to remember preschool... lol its weird that I can remember remembering preschool, but i can't actually remember the memory itself...

I think right now my earliest memory is in kindergarten, hiding under a table because William what's-his-name wanted to steal my cheetos. And i remember nap time, and how I never slept because I hated (and still do) taking naps.

Im scared that even these memories will be lost in the upcoming years, and then i will be thinking "hmm i remember remembering Kindergarten, but i just can't actually remember it"

so, what's your earliest memories? and do you find them slipping away as you grow older?

the memory has to be something you can still picture in your mind, otherwise, its just a memory of a memory.

i'm feeling a little fer-clumped,

discuss amongst yourselfs.

(kudos for whoever gets that reference)
Last Edited by hyRULE-S; 08-12-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
We built Mute City on Rock and Roll
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,606
Re: Remember this...

Actually I can still remember Day Care and even prior to that. I think my earliest memory is being 2 years old and watching Night of the Living Dead with my parents. (Trust me, im older than you) Some memories get really foggy. I can remember bits of my youth prior to being 5 years old with clarity but, parts of my freshman year in high school are very very foggy, if not impossible to remember. (theres a...pretty good reason for that though. I wasnt really er...sober during many of THOSE months.)

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2010, 04:02 PM
To Life, Love and Loot.
Send a message via Skype™ to Postman
Steam ID: ebnhawk
View Posts: 6,784

Right now my earliest memory is sitting on the couch (must of been 3 or 4) and looking at my dads necktie. Nothing more specific then that really. Every time I see my dad wearing a cool necktie I think of that moment.

After that it must have been the first time I seen Jurassic Park and absolutely ****ting myself when the I learnt Velociraptors could open doors. Damn that whole seen in the kitchen freaked me out.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Yabba Dabba Doo Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
Actually I can still remember Day Care and even prior to that. I think my earliest memory is being 2 years old and watching Night of the Living Dead with my parents. (Trust me, im older than you) Some memories get really foggy. I can remember bits of my youth prior to being 5 years old with clarity but, parts of my freshman year in high school are very very foggy, if not impossible to remember. (theres a...pretty good reason for that though. I wasnt really er...sober during many of THOSE months.)
lol well, that would explain the high school... but is there something wrong with me that I can't remember as far back as you? or are we all just built different. to me its insane that you can remember being two years old
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Big Bro Davidia Big Bro Davidia is a male Nauru Big Bro Davidia is offline
Proudly logging ZERO mod actions since...too lazy to find out :0D

View Posts: 7,590

I remember a bunch of stuff from when I was 3 years old.

EDIT: Do I find them slipping away? Not really, cuz I tend to have reinforced them over the years by remembering them so much. But there are some memories of the in-between nature that I've not accessed for some time that only get activated now and then.

I am teh BBDeh!
Last Edited by Big Bro Davidia; 08-12-2010 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
We built Mute City on Rock and Roll
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,606

Quote:
. but is there something wrong with me that I can't remember as far back as you? or are we all just built different. to me its insane that you can remember being two years old
Nah, theres nothing wrong with you because you cant remember that far back. Most people cant. My mum tells me i have the memory of an elephant. LOL! I can remember most of the names of my teachers all the way back to kindergarden. My first grade teacher is the only one who's name tends to escape me.

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Yabba Dabba Doo Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bro Davidia View Post
I remember a bunch of stuff from when I was 3 years old.

EDIT: Do I find them slipping away? Not really, cuz I tend to have reinforced them over the years by remembering them so much. But there are some memories of the in-between nature that I've not accessed for some time that only get activated now and then.
hey loser! :p
at least tell one of the memories from when you were 3...

ehh.. unless its something unsettling... you can keep that to yourself
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2010, 04:33 PM
por que esta es la rumba
View Posts: 2,296

I vaguely remember lying in an old wooden crib of mine staring at this cassette player that was attached to the bars of it. I must have been two or three.

And then I remember lying on one of my stairs on my third birthday or so, thinking something along the lines of, "man, it's going to suck when I can't lie on these comfortably anymore." Because I was having one of those sentimental I-never-want-to-get-old-moments when I was three years old.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2010, 04:41 PM

Oh, you wanted a memory? Aight then...

I was at the top of the stairs in our little home, and I had just woken up...and left the room... and when I looked down the stairs, I saw a little blond boy playing with a toy of mine...

I thought that my parents had traded me in, honestly, and that I was going to have to leave. :0S

I've got a bunch of memories that date back to that age.

I am teh BBDeh!
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Yabba Dabba Doo Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bro Davidia View Post
Oh, you wanted a memory? Aight then...

I was at the top of the stairs in our little home, and I had just woken up...and left the room... and when I looked down the stairs, I saw a little blond boy playing with a toy of mine...

I thought that my parents had traded me in, honestly, and that I was going to have to leave. :0S

I've got a bunch of memories that date back to that age.
who was the blonde kid? you should have beat him up
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2010, 05:00 PM
The World is Yours!!!
Send a message via Skype™ to Jimbob

View Posts: 5,052

I can remember back when i was 3 (or was it 4). I was playing with my trains on the carpet, and i lost one somewhere. Turned out it was under the seat my Gramps was sitting on, when my Mum looked for it for me. Jeez, i can even remember my hair as well. All a bowl-cut.

Facebook : Twitter
Formally known as Jimez
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2010, 05:07 PM

Mom had started a daycare, so it was one of those kids.

I am teh BBDeh!
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Inquisitor Darklaw Inquisitor Darklaw is a female United States Inquisitor Darklaw is offline
Gay for Darklaw
3DS ID: 0834 1855 6661
View Posts: 2,775

I can't really remember things unless I see something that makes me remember them. I can't even remember a whole cruise my family and I went on when I was 3 and I'm only 12 now. I guess my earliest memory that I can think of right now would be me on a playground, at like daycare, with a friend, showing him a cut and telling him that I heal really fast. I guess I was 3 maybe almost 4. Everything's pretty vague.
Last Edited by Inquisitor Darklaw; 08-12-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2010, 05:21 PM
The World is Yours!!!
Send a message via Skype™ to Jimbob

View Posts: 5,052

I've tried to think back further than the age of 3, but it is impossible. They say you don't really get a long-term memory until you are around 3 anyway, so thats probably why really.

Facebook : Twitter
Formally known as Jimez
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2010, 05:49 AM
Noble Keybearer

View Posts: 23,898

I remember walking near a large road intersection (There were like, six or seven roads going into it. Or two going through it and two or three going into it, if you'd prefer a smaller number. It was big enough for a large bus & tram stop to be in the middle) with my mum, and talking to her while thinking about the days of the week. I had them completely out of order - for example, there was a day between Saturday & Sunday in my mind - but I do remember it. I was three at the time.

Oh, and...

Quote:
the memory has to be something you can still picture in your mind, otherwise, its just a memory of a memory
It need not be a picture. Even a taste, a smell, a sound, a feeling, or anything else kept from the original, stops it from being a memory of a memory.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2010, 06:01 AM

View Posts: 10,477

I remember:

- sitting on the couch watching the cooking channel
- being given a balloon sculpture by a clown
- playing in a big plastic car toy
- the colour and number on the front of the door of our house
- playing with a set of dominoes
- staying at one of my mum's friend's house with her two kids, about the same age as me, and being taken out in the stroller
- having a nightmare
- the floral scent of the bathroom, and its blue walls
- seeing Pinocchio on TV
- watching the short film "The Snowman" on video

from when I was about two or three.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2010, 06:10 AM
Shadow_Aura_64 Shadow_Aura_64 is a male Australia Shadow_Aura_64 is offline
Time keeps flowing, life keeps going.
View Posts: 805

Crying in the Lion King as a child. I thought he was going to make it up that cliff, but...
*sniff*

My next earliest memory is my fourth birthday. I got Ben from Thomas the Tank Engine, but I didn't get Bill. Lame.

Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.

Man's true nature is violence, and this world is Hell.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Matthewman64 Matthewman64 is a male United States Matthewman64 is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to Matthewman64
View Posts: 84

I think the farthest back I can remember is when I was 4 and it was either me trying to comb my hair like my dad or mowing the lawn along side my dad with a bubble mower toy. I do remember several things that happened in kindergarden though.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Westerly Winds Westerly Winds is a male United States Westerly Winds is offline
Arma virumque cano
Send a message via Skype™ to Westerly Winds
View Posts: 1,675

I think my actual earliest memory would be this little bouncy chair that hungfrom the ceiling by elastic bands and whenever you jumbed it would push you a little higher into the air than you were used to at three years old.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Cornelius Fudge Cornelius Fudge is a male United States Cornelius Fudge is offline
Nine Tailed Jinchuuriki
View Posts: 3,237

I'm 12, but I can remember something from preschool. I can picture it in my head. We were doing something for the Goldilocks and the three bears or something like that.

I don't know why, but we had to eat food. I ate one spoon of it and I was disgusted and I had to eat the whole bowl of it. Oh god that was sick.

It made me wanna puke.
Last Edited by Cornelius Fudge; 08-13-2010 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote