#141 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Why so serious?
Send a message via AIM to Ogmios22188
View Posts: 2,740
Re: Bush or Kerry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelink
Also, I did not mention you once Ogmios22188, I was refering to people in general, and i f I was trying to be LEET then I wouldn't be on a forrum for a game that some people consider childish(darn u windwaker...)
Ah, but even if you don't address me personally, you ARE addressing me if you're addressing people in general, seeing as how I'm a person. So, I feel obligated to defend myself.

Thanks to Malony for the amazing avatar and signature.
  #142 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Goron
View Posts: 187

there is a lot of propaganda out there, and the public can never be sure of what is true. so my vote is based on one thing

democrat- raises taxes, more government programs
republican-lowers taxes, less government programs

as a person who hate the government in general i have to vote republican. less governmet is a good. I don't think hand outs help anyone.

i am prepare to accept any and all critism

vote bush *****
  #143 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-12-2004, 09:23 PM
X-ELINK!!111!!!
View Posts: 2,505
So right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsoul
there is a lot of propaganda out there, and the public can never be sure of what is true. so my vote is based on one thing

democrat- raises taxes, more government programs
republican-lowers taxes, less government programs

as a person who hate the government in general i have to vote republican. less governmet is a good. I don't think hand outs help anyone.

i am prepare to accept any and all critism

vote bush *****
You are so right. It's unfair how lower-class people have to pay a lower % in taxes than upperclass ones. My parents probably have paid more taxes in their life than half of the people on this board combined.

also for those who asked where I got "The GDP is up"
Try consulting the first page of the OrangeCounty Register's Your Money section... "Fastest GDP growth in 20 years", "[b]Economy Finds its 'Sweet Spot' Midyear outlooks predict biggest expansion in teo decades" Also there is a chart that shows the growth of the GDP since '84 and during Clintons last year it actually went down.

Play with fire and get burned:
|X| |X|

Call me a "fool"
Last Edited by blerta; 07-12-2004 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #144 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-12-2004, 09:34 PM
X-ELINK!!111!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearanoX
You are so right. It's unfair how higher-class people have to pay more taxes than the lower-class ones, because with more money, why should they have more responsibility? They're the ones with the money - they should be allowed to spend it however they want, even if it means that others will suffer because of it. Who the heck cares about those that are less fortunate? Screw them. If they aren't rich, it's because they're lazy slobs that can't do their share of the work. No reason to help out those that aren't rolling in cash. Am I right?
so right, my dad left when he was 18 with no money(or atleast he said) while his brother(my uncle) gota free college education. My dad saved, he has A LOT more than my uncle. In short, screw the less forunate.
====================================
also I added to my post just as SearanoX posted.

also for those who asked where I got "The GDP is up"
Try consulting the first page of the OrangeCounty Register's Your Money section... "Fastest GDP growth in 20 years", "[b]Economy Finds its 'Sweet Spot' Midyear outlooks predict biggest expansion in teo decades" Also there is a chart that shows the growth of the GDP since '84 and during Clintons last year it actually went down.

|X| |X|

Call me a "fool"
  #145 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-12-2004, 09:35 PM
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
Steam ID: HALF LIFE 3 IS NEVER GONNA BE RELEASED!
View Posts: 10,090

Hey, my family's poor, but you could say were lower-middle class, seeing as we can still pay our bills. Not all poor people are slobs,some were rich but then lost it all, ever thought of that? Oh and if your saying all the Kerry ads are propaganda, what do you call the Bush ads,huh? Propaganda!
EDIT: And waht about our inflation huh? Notice NO presidnet is doing anything about it and Bush has only just lowered it.

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
  #146 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Goron
View Posts: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al
Hey, my family's poor, but you could say were lower-middle class, seeing as we can still pay our bills. Not all poor people are slobs,some were rich but then lost it all, ever thought of that? Oh and if your saying all the Kerry ads are propaganda, what do you call the Bush ads,huh? Propaganda!
EDIT: And waht about our inflation huh? Notice NO presidnet is doing anything about it and Bush has only just lowered it.
i said there is propaganda. i did not say the kerry adds were. i think both ads are propaganda. not to mention fox news and fahrenheit 911.

i vote on taxes. oh and i was poor for a long time, but i worked and now i am upper middle class.
  #147 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-12-2004, 11:54 PM
And the winner is...
Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via Yahoo to Fierce Deity
View Posts: 100

Kerry, definatly. Bush has caused like 75% or more of the world to hate us. He has also just sent 2000 retired troops to Iraq. The next step after that is a draft.
  #148 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2004, 12:41 AM
X-ELINK!!111!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Deity
Kerry, definatly. Bush has caused like 75% or more of the world to hate us. He has also just sent 2000 retired troops to Iraq. The next step after that is a draft.
wow!!! we went from 90% of thje world hating us, 3percent disliking us, 2% not caring, and 2% liking us to:

95%not liking us, 2% disliking us 1% not caring, and 2% liking us.
I totally see a huge change(NOT)

and the last time there was a draft, your parents weren't born(and in some cases grandparents) I highly doubt there will be a draft.2000 is like .000001% percent of the population

|X| |X|

Call me a "fool"
  #149 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Why so serious?

Quote:
wow!!! we went from 90% of thje world hating us, 3percent disliking us, 2% not caring, and 2% liking us to:

95%not liking us, 2% disliking us 1% not caring, and 2% liking us.
I totally see a huge change(NOT)

and the last time there was a draft, your parents weren't born(and in some cases grandparents) I highly doubt there will be a draft.2000 is like .000001% percent of the population
Wow, I'm sorry man, but you're sounding more and more like an idiot with each consecutive post. I'm going to argue with you piece by piece.

On the issue of the poor, they should be able to pay a lower percentage of taxes. Social mobility is hard to achieve if all of your capital is being shipped away to the government. As it stands right now, the poor pay a low percentage of taxes because they don't have a high enough income, and the rich pay a low percentage of taxes because the government wants them to have more money to pump into the economy. The middle class pay the highest percentage of taxes. If we really wanted to make things fair, we should make all classes pay the same percentage of taxes.

As it stood at the turn of the century, most of the world liked us. All of Western Europe liked us, most of Eastern Europe liked us, we were making progress in Africa, and we had a good relationship with most Asian countries. Now, with the exception of the United Kingdom, Poland, and a hodge-podge of other European nations, most of the world isn't too crazy about us. Our allies France, Germany, and (so-so) Russia are pretty peeved, our neighbors to the north and south are angry with us, and most, if not all, of the Middle East is very upset. From my point of view, as an American, before this war the world thought we were all right. Then, Bush made it known that he had the intent to go to war. Thousands upon thousands of people, from our nation and abroad, protested and pleaded so that we wouldn't go, that we would find another way. But no, we went to war. Now we're seen as a bully and we let a very large amount of people down. Not to mention that thousands of people have died as a result. Only time will tell if it was all worth it, and I don't think it's very wise to be too supporting of the war or too against it, because we don't know the effect it will have just yet.

Your idea of the draft is completely wrong. The last draft was during the Vietnam War. Most, if not all, of our parents were alive in the 1960s and 1970s, which was when American involvement in this war took place. My uncle was drafted, as were many of my first cousins-once-removed. Luckily, all of them survived; however, 58,000 other Americans didn't. Surely you've heard of that big black granite wall memorial they have in Washington, D.C.? Or are you so conservative that you won't even acknowledge that this war actually happened?

#150 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2004, 12:59 PM
And the winner is...

Quote:
You have no clue what your talking about. All of my older relatives were alive during the Vietnam War. And, you may thing those 2000 troops are nothing but they were retired troops.
Last Edited by Fierce Deity; 07-13-2004 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #151 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2004, 01:10 PM
ZU fighting game guru.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerboi
View Posts: 5,061

There is going to be a draft. Pw3nd
  #152 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboi
There is going to be a draft. Pw3nd
Let's hope not.

#153 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Goron
View Posts: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogmios22188
Let's hope not.
There isn't going to be one anytime soon.

I wouldn't completely throw the possibility out though, judging from Rumsfeld's words on the war:

Quote:
It is pretty clear that the coalition can win in Afghanistan and Iraq in one way or another, but it will be a long, hard slog.
  #154 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2004, 02:58 PM
Hime kara Tasogare
View Posts: 1,368

Wasn't this just a thread to see who you would vote for if your of age? :/

Farore||Adopted by: Nox ^_^||Shinto
  #155 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2004, 03:00 PM
X-ELINK!!111!!!
your right

Quote:
You have no clue what your talking about. All of my older relatives were alive during the Vietnam War. And, you may thing those 2000 troops are nothing but they were retired troops.
i forgot about the vietnam and korean wars. I should have remembered because my grandfaqther served in the korean. and WWII. well there hasn't been a huge major draft sine WWII

|X| |X|

Call me a "fool"
  #156 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Mad as an adder

Quote:
well there hasn't been a huge major draft sine WWII
vietnam? you know, when all the hippies ran to canada to avoid the draft?

#157 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2004, 05:39 PM
Skyloftian
Send a message via AIM to Reamia
View Posts: 757

Quote:
i forgot about the vietnam and korean wars. I should have remembered because my grandfaqther served in the korean. and WWII. well there hasn't been a huge major draft sine WWII
What...? Vietnam was after WWII... and that was a "huge major draft," as you redundantly stated. Oh, and I'm not sure about this, but there wasn't a draft in the Korean War, was there?
  #158 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2004, 05:51 PM
And the winner is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueRed2
There isn't going to be one anytime soon.
I wouldn't doubt the possibility of a draft even as close to 2 years from now.
  #159 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2004, 06:13 PM
2 Years
Send a message via AIM to Jace
View Posts: 1,085

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt the possibility of a draft even as close to 2 years from now.
Knowing my luck, lol, probably would because thats about when I turn 18............wouldnt matter though, I most likelt will enlist in the Coast Guard like my dad, he did about 23 years and retired as a Cheif Petty Officer at an E7..........wow, off topic, lol, im not sure who I would vote for at the moment, most likely Bush.....im not a fan of Kerry.

"Hard work pays off tommorow, laziness pays off today."
  #160 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 88

I turn 18 the September before elections, just in time for the presidental elections... Now I'm not gonna go out and say I'm going to vote based on each candidates views because, to be frank, I'm not too aware of 'em.
But, my choice will have to be Kerry for just a few reasons.
-Bush seems like one of those kooky religious fanatics and aren't church and state supposed to be seperate?
-Bush was (well, I don't know if it was Bush directly, but it was Mr. Powell's son so... yeah) was all gung-ho for that whole FCC censoring thing... Let's try to shut Howard Stern up only to have him back on some of those FCC stations a couple months later. But, censoring is baaaad...
-What's wrong with abortions, Mr. Bush? People should have the choice to do whatever the hell they please! If one is impregnated and can't care for the child, one shouldn't be forced to bring a child into a world.
-The whole War in Iraq was just so... Ugh! I'm not saying I don't support the troops and stuff because they do need it, but why did we go to war again? The WMD's... Oh, but wait a minute! They didn't exist! And that plutonium or something that turned out to be a bogus report...
-And the fact that Bush is a beady-eyed, crazed man who can't think without his "troope of his 'peeps'" just doesn't feel to right for us.

Now, I really haven't the foggiest idea as to where Kerry stands on all that jazz, except that he's all wishy-washy, but he gets my vote any day! (even though his face is soooo creepy)

Tags
bush, kerry