George W. Bush 45 51.72%
John Kerry 42 48.28%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#201 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2004, 10:59 PM
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
Steam ID: HALF LIFE 3 IS NEVER GONNA BE RELEASED!
View Posts: 10,091
Re: Bush or Kerry?

Shot, hit, whatever. Still, getting hit by fragmants of a bomb is not cowardly as you expect bombs to be hidden in the jungle but you don't know where they are. So you accidently trip a bomb and you get hit, but you still fight on. Thats where the bravery part comes in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al
(Ogmios has the proof, go check it out why don't ya?)
Scratch that. I found the proof. And don't you dare say you were kidding cause this kind of s*** is NOTHING to joke about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelink
In short, screw the less forunate.
Yeah, you really care for the lower-class don't you?

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
  #202 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2004, 11:12 PM
X-ELINK!!111!!!
View Posts: 2,505
well...

Quote:
Shot, hit, whatever. Still, getting hit by fragmants of a bomb is not cowardly as you expect bombs to be hidden in the jungle but you don't know where they are. So you accidently trip a bomb and you get hit, but you still fight on. Thats where the bravery part comes in.

Scratch that. I found the proof. And don't you dare say you were kidding cause this kind of s*** is NOTHING to joke about.

Yeah, you really care for the lower-class don't you?
since the bottom 50% pays 4% of the nations traxes while the top 50% payes 96% I think its only fair to say that the lower classes are a bunch of losers. the top 1% pays 1/3 of the nations taxes and the top 10% pays about 2/3 of the taxes. Its hardly fair that it works that way. Thats why I'm for Bush. that way maybe the lower classes will pay part of its fair share instead of virtually nothing.

and actually, Kerry didn't fight that bravely and he left at the first oportunity. And chances are he probably got hit by something more like a BB shell.

Play with fire and get burned:
|X| |X|

Call me a "fool"
  #203 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Why so serious?
Send a message via AIM to Ogmios22188
View Posts: 2,740

Quote:
since the bottom 50% pays 4% of the nations traxes while the top 50% payes 96% I think its only fair to say that the lower classes are a bunch of losers. the top 1% pays 1/3 of the nations taxes and the top 10% pays about 2/3 of the taxes. Its hardly fair that it works that way. Thats why I'm for Bush. that way maybe the lower classes will pay part of its fair share instead of virtually nothing.
Do you have a source for these percentages? The last I heard, the middle class pays the most percentage of taxes, while the poorest and the richest get off easy. If anything, everyone should pay the same percentage, and Bush certainly isn't for that.

Quote:
and actually, Kerry didn't fight that bravely and he left at the first oportunity. And chances are he probably got hit by something more like a BB shell.
Regardless of what Kerry was injured by, he was injured 2 or 3 times, and continued fighting. Let's see you get injured, probably in a way that could've resulted in your death if you weren't lucky, and keep fighting. Also, to say that the Viet Cong used BB guns is sheer ignorance. I doubt 58,000 troops were killed by a guerrilla force armed with BB guns and bear traps.

Thanks to Malony for the amazing avatar and signature.
  #204 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2004, 12:12 AM
X-ELINK!!111!!!
I got them from the OC register(newspaper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogmios22188
Do you have a source for these percentages? The last I heard, the middle class pays the most percentage of taxes, while the poorest and the richest get off easy. If anything, everyone should pay the same percentage, and Bush certainly isn't for that.

Regardless of what Kerry was injured by, he was injured 2 or 3 times, and continued fighting. Let's see you get injured, probably in a way that could've resulted in your death if you weren't lucky, and keep fighting. Also, to say that the Viet Cong used BB guns is sheer ignorance. I doubt 58,000 troops were killed by a guerrilla force armed with BB guns and bear traps.
KEYWORD "guerrilla force" they used what ever they could get their hands on

|X| |X|

Call me a "fool"
  #205 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2004, 12:42 AM
Why so serious?

Yes, but you've neglected to talk about how they were funded and supplied with weapons by North Vietnam, China, and the Soviet Union. Therefore, they were not fighting with BB guns, they were fighting with AK-47s.

#206 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2004, 08:37 AM
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST
Totaly Offended

I am at a disgrace on how you call us lower-class losers. You know, at least we try to get back up to where we were or trying to at least get what we need. You are such an a**hole for saying that kind of crap and frankly, you have never been poor a day in you life so lay off us. Oh and the little deabte on Kerry, he was on night patrol the day he recived the first Sharpnel wound, he had to go back, or else he would have died.

Quote:
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
  #207 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-16-2004, 08:46 AM
Hime kara Tasogare
View Posts: 1,368

Ok, all this talk about Kerry getting fragged, scratched, whatever (and it is ridiculous he got a purple heart for getting a scratch)

WHO THE HELL CARES?

He fought in a war, so what? That doesn't mean he's a better leader, and I don't wanna hear someone say that he's better than Bush, because no one will really know who's better, because they take too much time mudslingling eachother.

Politics is something that goes on what ppl believe, and apparently from reading all this it never works to try and convert them, either to Kerry or Bush, each having idiotic ways of showing how they want to run the country, and each party takes the idiocies and uses them against them or what they THINK is idiotic.

Farore||Adopted by: Nox ^_^||Shinto
  #208 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2004, 04:13 AM
X-ELINK!!111!!!
Hey I looked through the site.

Quote:
I am at a disgrace on how you call us lower-class losers. You know, at least we try to get back up to where we were or trying to at least get what we need. You are such an a**hole for saying that kind of crap and frankly, you have never been poor a day in you life so lay off us. Oh and the little deabte on Kerry, he was on night patrol the day he recived the first Sharpnel wound, he had to go back, or else he would have died.
It looks like you got the award for being the biggest as*hole. just saying... And I never called you losers directly. And my parents are CHEAP so I live a more average life style than you would think.

|X| |X|

Call me a "fool"
  #209 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2004, 08:43 AM
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST

Quote:
It looks like you got the award for being the biggest as*hole. just saying
Did you know this was for fun and not seriously? If you were around longer, maybe you would know. I wasn't happy when I won it, but now I am. Back to topic.
Just everybody on here, if you say you like Bush or Kerry, just say you like them and that you voted for them, because you like something they did. Saying ones the loser and the other is bad will just get the idotic conservatives and liberals pissed. And yes, I know I might have said something in my posts about Kerry, zelink, but you say stuff aginst Kerry in your posts also. So in final, no one is right or wrong about our presidents, we are right and wrong about them to a certain, equal extent on both sides.

Quote:

We were 17
Last Edited by big_al; 07-17-2004 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #210 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Big Bro Davidia Big Bro Davidia is a male Nauru Big Bro Davidia is offline
Proudly logging ZERO mod actions since...too lazy to find out :0D

View Posts: 7,590

Sorry if someone already presented this stuff. Anyway, I heard about some things concerning Kerry from a friend of mine (who saw it on the news), today, and decided I would search out some things. This fellow seems to have done a little bit of research on the subject. Anyone have more knowledge on this?

http://fredtalk.fredericksburg.com/s...26&Main=298462

I am teh BBDeh!
  #211 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2004, 06:20 PM
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST

Eh, these's days, you really can't trust the media for anthing that is aginst Bush or Kerry. I mean, your going to have people there who are either conservatives or liberals in the media, so they will warp the words around to their means.

Quote:

We were 17
  #212 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2004, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Eh, these's days, you really can't trust the media for anthing that is aginst Bush or Kerry. I mean, your going to have people there who are either conservatives or liberals in the media, so they will warp the words around to their means.
Yeah, but the thing that surprises me is the fact that, if this were about Bush, the media would be all over it, while, since it's just Kerry, very few people seem to have heard anything about it.

Can we remain ignorant about all this stuff?

If Bush is a rapist, I wanna know. If Kerry was involved in treason (assassination against gov't officials, according to the report), I wanna know. I'm one of the few ZUers here who will actually be VOTING :0P'

I am teh BBDeh!
  #213 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2004, 06:34 PM
SNOW_STORM IS THE BEST

Meh, here's something Bush wants to pass. He wants to make gay marrage illegal and heres on critic of him that makes a good point.
Gay Marrage.
And heres the admendment Bushes law violates:

Article XIV.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age,(See Note 15) and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

Proposal and Ratification

The fourteenth amendment to the Constitution of the United States was proposed to the legislatures of the several States by the Thirty-ninth Congress, on the 13th of June, 1866. It was declared, in a certificate of the Secretary of State dated July 28, 1868 to have been ratified by the legislatures of 28 of the 37 States. The dates of ratification were: Connecticut, June 25, 1866; New Hampshire, July 6, 1866; Tennessee, July 19, 1866; New Jersey, September 11, 1866 (subsequently the legislature rescinded its ratification, and on March 24, 1868, readopted its resolution of rescission over the Governor's veto, and on Nov. 12, 1980, expressed support for the amendment); Oregon, September 19, 1866 (and rescinded its ratification on October 15, 1868); Vermont, October 30, 1866; Ohio, January 4, 1867 (and rescinded its ratification on January 15, 1868); New York, January 10, 1867; Kansas, January 11, 1867; Illinois, January 15, 1867; West Virginia, January 16, 1867; Michigan, January 16, 1867; Minnesota, January 16, 1867; Maine, January 19, 1867; Nevada, January 22, 1867; Indiana, January 23, 1867; Missouri, January 25, 1867; Rhode Island, February 7, 1867; Wisconsin, February 7, 1867; Pennsylvania, February 12, 1867; Massachusetts, March 20, 1867; Nebraska, June 15, 1867; Iowa, March 16, 1868; Arkansas, April 6, 1868; Florida, June 9, 1868; North Carolina, July 4, 1868 (after having rejected it on December 14, 1866); Louisiana, July 9, 1868 (after having rejected it on February 6, 1867); South Carolina, July 9, 1868 (after having rejected it on December 20, 1866).

Ratification was completed on July 9, 1868.

The amendment was subsequently ratified by Alabama, July 13, 1868; Georgia, July 21, 1868 (after having rejected it on November 9, 1866); Virginia, October 8, 1869 (after having rejected it on January 9, 1867); Mississippi, January 17, 1870; Texas, February 18, 1870 (after having rejected it on October 27, 1866); Delaware, February 12, 1901 (after having rejected it on February 8, 1867); Maryland, April 4, 1959 (after having rejected it on March 23, 1867); California, May 6, 1959; Kentucky, March 18, 1976 (after having rejected it on January 8, 1867).

Basicly, Article 1 says it all.

Quote:

We were 17
  #214 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Better Than You
View Posts: 665

I honestly feel equally ****ed over by both ends of the political spectrum, one end is reaching down my pants to put a clamp on my wallet, and the other is reaching down my pants to put a clamp on my uterus, two things that I'm rather protective of.

They're equally stupid, Democrats and Republicans, however IF I were old enough to vote this november, I would vote Kerry. He doesnt seem much better than Bush, but its important to me that we have a president who isnt the lapdog of the uber-elite. I also dont want to get my ass killed in an unnesecesary war. So, Kerry it is.
  #215 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-18-2004, 07:46 AM

Kerry's wife (who pumps tons of money into his campaign) is really the one running the show, in my opinion. Now, don't get me wrong on this--I love Muslims to death, but from what I have seen in her actions and her siding, she is EXTREMELY sympathetic to any Muslim cause. This may not necessarily be bad when taken in a certain light, but it will certainly color the future in an interesting way.

She wants Israel to be a Palestinian state, first of all.

She pumps a load of cash to the wives of the suicide bombers (Jamas/Hamas). But really, in those societies, folks, the women don't often get to hold onto the goods, anyway. The male members of their families (Jamas members) will take it. In this way, Kerry's wife is effectively funding the terrorist organization Jamas.

And certain other things--the details of which I don't have--point to this interesting tilt. Since she is such a big funder of Kerry, she will have even MORE say in the affairs of his presidency (if elected) and you can be sure that things which Bush would never allow to happen will happen because of her extreme sympathy towards those in Islam (or reportedly so).

If someone has time to do research on this, that would be great. :0)

One thing I do believe, though, is that while Bush won't back away when the pressure gets put on our Nation, Kerry will give into threats, back down from a fight when one should be fought (not all should be, obviously, but he'll prove to be a whimp, folks, don't doubt that), and will basically be a tool.

I am teh BBDeh!
  #216 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-18-2004, 07:53 AM
Goron
View Posts: 141

bler I'm quite glad I love in Scotland so I don't have to choose, do you know we have a program called Deadringers, it's basically just actors making a parody of things, half the clips are off "Bush" playing with a dog called "Tony" and saying to him "yes who's my good *****, oh I can't touch you there" or "Blair" playing tennis with "Bush" and when he hits it out he says "oh good shot Mr President! You beat me!"

I doubt that made sense to very many people sorry
  #217 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2004, 07:48 PM
Hime kara Tasogare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coruscate
bler I'm quite glad I love in Scotland so I don't have to choose, do you know we have a program called Deadringers, it's basically just actors making a parody of things, half the clips are off "Bush" playing with a dog called "Tony" and saying to him "yes who's my good *****, oh I can't touch you there" or "Blair" playing tennis with "Bush" and when he hits it out he says "oh good shot Mr President! You beat me!"

I doubt that made sense to very many people sorry
Yup @_@

But it seems foreign ppl really like to pick on ppl who will have absolutely no effect on them. It's simple arrogance. Although I dunno if the scottish have troops in Iraq or not, but whatever. It's still not fair to make fun of leaders when they know damn well it prolly won't reach UK or US T.V.

#218 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Why so serious?

Well, seeing as how Scotland is part of the United Kingdom, there are most likely Scottish troops in Iraq. And people make fun of world leaders all the time. The United States does it, so why not the United Kingdom? If you noticed in his description, they were making fun of their own Prime Minister Tony Blair more than they were making fun of our President George W. Bush. They basically said that Blair is Bush's lap dog and he'll do anything that Bush wants. That's more insulting than anything they did to Bush in his description.

#219 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2004, 05:59 AM
DIE THE DEATH! SENTANCE TO DEATH! GREAT EQUALIZER IS DEATH!
Send a message via Skype™ to Snow_Storm
Steam ID: the_snow_storm
View Posts: 9,458

If I was able to vote, I go with Kerry. Bush is okay(LOL Yea right), but still with Bush in office...
  #220 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2004, 08:49 AM
Hime kara Tasogare

Lol, ppl are too concerned about what Bush's bad points are and go for Kerry. Blinded by his gay marriage constitutional amendment (which everyone knows will NEVER pass.) and his war in Iraq, they can't look beyond that, and Kerry is taking advantage of that. Unless you feel like paying taxes for gas, social security, and raising the income tax, heck go with Kerry.

The one thing that concerns me most though is that changing presidents, if Kerry does get into office, it might screw up the way things are operated in Iraq but i suck at military stuff so I dunno. But at least kerry knows that we can't pull out of Iraq, but he's so lame when he supports the war but doesn't want to fund it more...that just doesn't make sense, especially when he's gonna slap a tax on everything.

Tags
bush, kerry