Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Potent Col
View Posts: 1,416
What the hell do people have against Twilight Princess?

I want to punch all in the face who keep going on about how they hate Twlight Princess, which won a 'Game of the Year' award, great sales, won awards, voted one of the best (of not THE best) Zelda game of all time, ect..

Why the hell do some of you hate it that much? The only problem was mainly enemy difficulty, but that doesn't give you little *insert* the right to hate a game for not being hard enough. GROW UP. I mean it. You shouldn't hate on games because they're "too easy".

The game had a huge overworld, great gaphics, long enough, a more active storyline, and good gameplay. Oh, and the music was as good as Zelda music always is. Link had a developed conpanion, too. All characters had personality in general.

It had a huge level of exploration and amazing scenery.

All it lacked was how hard it was in general, but that is honestly the only majpr flaw. One notable bad thing, but about ten notable good things.

The game is amazing. The fact that I cried at the end of the story is enough for me to love it.

Enemy difficulty sucked, yeah, but everything else was better than fine.
Stop hating on the damn game, or I will just lose my respect for you for hating a game for its difficulty.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 06:40 PM
We collide.
View Posts: 645
Re: What the hell do people have against Twilight Princess?

well yeah i agree with you but its also other peoples opinion
well me i didnt hate it i enjoyed it i liked it alot, but i also think its not the best zelda game its just a good game to have in my case

Thanks .Hog for this awesome sig.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Crimson and Clover, over and over
View Posts: 4,259

I didn't like the straight forwardness of the wolf part at the beginin. Twilight, fill the thing, fountain over and over. It was really borin for me, I just couldn't get into it. And the absolute worst part for me was Midna, terrible terrible character. I hated how she was through out the game and her tips sucked. The difficulty was fine in my opinion, sometimes its good to play an easy game. But thats just my opinion, so don't take it as much...
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 07:43 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

You know why Twilight Princess sucked? BECAUSE THERE WAS NO ****ING CREATIVITY. (Except for the story. The story was a little bit creative. Unfortunately the story was boring and poorly written.)
The reason that Zelda stands out as a series is how all of the games set themselves apart with bold new variations in gameplay and setting and overall style while Twilight Princess just tried to rip off Ocarina of Time as much as possible with a shiny new polygon count.
Also, the music was most certainly not as good as it always is. Except for the boss themes the music was boring as all **** and the bosses were so damned easy you didn't get to hear more than about 30 seconds of any of the good music.

It didn't have a ****ing soul. That's the problem.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 07:46 PM
-
View Posts: 8,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrag View Post
You know why Twilight Princess sucked? BECAUSE THERE WAS NO ****ING CREATIVITY. (Except for the story. The story was a little bit creative. Unfortunately the story was boring and poorly written.)
The reason that Zelda stands out as a series is how all of the games set themselves apart with bold new variations in gameplay and setting and overall style while Twilight Princess just tried to rip off Ocarina of Time as much as possible with a shiny new polygon count.
Also, the music was most certainly not as good as it always is. Except for the boss themes the music was boring as all **** and the bosses were so damned easy you didn't get to hear more than about 30 seconds of any of the good music.

#6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Silver Lining Silver Lining is a male United States Silver Lining is offline
Excelsior.
View Posts: 3,131

I wholeheartedly agree. If a person was a true Zelda fan, they would appreciate Twilight Princess for what it was, even if it wasn't revolutionary for the series.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 07:48 PM
-

I'm a "true" Zelda fan, I just expect more from the series I grew up on.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Excelsior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I'm a "true" Zelda fan, I just expect more from the series I grew up on.
And Twilight Princess is every bit a true Zelda game. Just because it didn't offer some revolutinary new concept that changed the series forever doesn't mean its bad. It was still just as amazing as the past games.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 07:53 PM
-

Still a good game, it's just not that good. =\
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Excelsior.

Quote:
Still a good game, it's just not that good. =\
Then why did you qoute the guy who completely trashed it to pieces?
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 07:57 PM
That's your share of the loot. Enough to shut you up, I hope.
Send a message via Skype™ to Silver
Steam ID: tw64 3DS ID: 2921-9179-3622

View Posts: 23,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potent Col View Post
I want to punch all in the face who keep going on about how they hate Twlight Princess, which won a 'Game of the Year' award, great sales, won awards, voted one of the best (of not THE best) Zelda game of all time, ect..

Why the hell do some of you hate it that much? The only problem was mainly enemy difficulty, but that doesn't give you little *insert* the right to hate a game for not being hard enough. GROW UP. I mean it. You shouldn't hate on games because they're "too easy".

The game had a huge overworld, great gaphics, long enough, a more active storyline, and good gameplay. Oh, and the music was as good as Zelda music always is. Link had a developed conpanion, too. All characters had personality in general.

It had a huge level of exploration and amazing scenery.

All it lacked was how hard it was in general, but that is honestly the only majpr flaw. One notable bad thing, but about ten notable good things.

The game is amazing. The fact that I cried at the end of the story is enough for me to love it.

Enemy difficulty sucked, yeah, but everything else was better than fine.
Stop hating on the damn game, or I will just lose my respect for you for hating a game for its difficulty.
Bawwww etc.

Why the **** do you care so much? It seems like you're taking peoples' dislike for the game as a personal affront. Seriously, lighten up.

If other people dislike the game yet you enjoyed it, it really shouldn't get to you. So really, this thread is really just you whining over the fact that people have differing opinions on the game than you.

Quote:

Pretty much this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoronWarrior25 View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. If a person was a true Zelda fan, they would appreciate Twilight Princess for what it was, even if it wasn't revolutionary for the series.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Quote:
Probably because Alex agreed with what the flaws Mandrag mentioned, though I can't speak for Alex.

<Steam>
Last Edited by Silver; 09-15-2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason:
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 08:05 PM
-

Quote:
Because that's the difference between an 8/10 game (Twilight Princess) and a 10/10 game. (Majora's Mask)
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Battle routine, set! Execute!
View Posts: 4,648

I believe this belongs in Gamecube/Wii Zelda?
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Excelsior.

Quote:
Because that's the difference between an 8/10 game (Twilight Princess) and a 10/10 game. (Majora's Mask)
A "completely sucky game" that has "no soul" is an 8/10? Thats how he described it...
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to Midnafan1
View Posts: 365

Honestly, I don't see a problem with the difficulty of TP. All Zelda games are easy for me with the exception being LA. I never expected the game to have a puzzle or enemies that would keep me stuck for over 2-4 hours. I bought the game to take in the story. It was my favorite story out of all the series. =] But that's just my opinion. I'm not going to call anyone out for what they like or dislike. XD Don't take what everyone says so seriously dude. It's just a game and if you like it then that's awesome. =] Also, I agree with you about how the music was just as good as all the other Zelda games. Actually scratch that...... I thought it was better. However, that might be my inner fan boy coming out of me. Anyways, I suggest if you like the game, don't worry about what others think....... It's not like they can yell through your computer speakers when you're playing TP just to tell you that the game you're playing sucks. Just enjoy it in it's entirety. I hope you consider my advice. =]

Sig made by me!

Artwork done by Kris Troutman
http://www.kristroutman.com

#16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 08:18 PM
-

Quote:
A "completely sucky game" that has "no soul" is an 8/10? Thats how he described it...
I was simply quoting it because he had several valid complaints that I agreed with.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 08:24 PM
King Of Hyrule
View Posts: 3,184

Agree to disagree, don't let others opinions get to you.

I liked TP, just had some flaws to it. Let's face it, every new zelda game from now on will be compared to OOT standards, or at least for the older generation.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 08:36 PM
copyright lololol
Send a message via Skype™ to Tess
Steam ID: toastytessums Wii U ID: toastytessums

View Posts: 2,686

You're telling us to "grow up" when you're the one starting a thread to b'aww about our opinions.

I think you should just stop, because there's way too many threads that have people asking why we think TP wasn't as good as other Zelda games, or stating that our reasons are pathetic.

TP was an alright game, not totally terrible. It has major flaws. Please just accept our opinions and move on; not everyone is going to like it.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 09:10 PM
hella
View Posts: 4,538

Quote:

Wow, I don't mean to be yet another person to quote you, but this sums up my feelings quite nicely. You hit the nail right on the head.

...And why does everyone care why we don't like a game? What does that actually matter?

#20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Reach out to the truth.
Send a message via AIM to Brotagonist Send a message via Skype™ to Brotagonist
Steam ID: wolfennights

View Posts: 17,634

I loved Twilight Princess.

Tumblr!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I read "therapist" as "goat".
Closed Thread

Tags
hell, people, twilight princess