Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: What would you rate LoZ:TP out of ten?
1 3 2.42%
2 0 0%
3 1 0.81%
4 1 0.81%
5 1 0.81%
6 3 2.42%
7 16 12.90%
8 32 25.81%
9 43 34.68%
10 24 19.35%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#101 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-08-2009, 06:14 PM
The Regginator The Regginator is a male New Zealand The Regginator is offline
Ass-Kicker, Name-Taker
Send a message via Skype™ to The Regginator
Wii U ID: 80espiay
View Posts: 13,880
Re: What would you rate LoZ:TP out of ten?

Also, exploration in TP was rather dull. In OoT, they had the gossip stones, which added that extra layer to exploration. That, and the heart pieces.

But pretty much all you could find from exploration in TP is heart pieces and rupees, as well as the occasional Poe, which led to more rupees.

A Fedora || "Rex" || Bored? || PM me to join the Mario Kart 8 Skype group
Quote:
[8:29:31 p.m.] Rhiannosaurus Rex: so I ran away cos 40 year old women are not attractive
[8:29:40 p.m.] Rhiannosaurus Rex: but it was a dream so I couldnt run
  #102 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-08-2009, 09:01 PM
theunabletable theunabletable is a male United States theunabletable is offline
(◕‿◕✿)
Send a message via AIM to theunabletable
View Posts: 4,049

Quote:
Woah, woah, what? OoT's story is far more similar to ALTTP than TP is to ALTTP or OoT. You get 3 Spiritual Stones/Pendants to get the Master Sword and then awaken 7 maidens, this time under the guise of Sages.
6 sages, actually.

In TP you find 3 items and then get the MS in the forest, enter a dark world, become an animal in the dark world, fight Ganon at the end.

OoT is quite guilty of LttP copying, but I'd say TP does it more-so.
Quote:
TP's movement was actually much faster. Not even counting wolf form. It's just that the world was much larger so it took more time to reach certain areas.
Thus it took an unnecesary amount of time to get places. And you couldn't side-step spam to get somewhere even faster than normal. Epona was definitely faster, but you didn't get the option to use Epona until late in the game.
Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks the hatred of tripping in Brawl is completely justified? It's not that it endangers you of losing the match, it's that it happens WAY TOO OFTEN!!!
I wouldn't even say it's because it happens too often; it's that it's completely and utterly random and you can't stop it.
Quote:
You and I have some differing opinions, I guess it's how we weigh certain flaws. I give TP a 10/10 because I feel it's pros far outweigh its cons, but I don't consider a 10/10 to be a perfect game, just a game of my highest recommendation.
I'd definitely recommend it as a game. It's ok. After thinking about it, I'd say 7 is probably a better rating.
Quote:
actually table, every complaint you just made was really minor.
They are pretty minor. But they're just major enough to make me never want to pick up the game a 2nd or 3rd time after beating it because I know how bored I will be with certain parts. Those awful minor things, imo, screw over all replay value for me.

If I know that'd I'd be more interested staring at a blank wall than doing the tears of light quests and the vines in the forest temple, why would I want to pick up the game? Especially when all of those problems are with the early part of the game?
  #103 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Fringant Épéiste Fringant Épéiste is a male United States Fringant Épéiste is offline
View Posts: 7,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Melo View Post
Interlulz. Interlulz. I like lolcats. Interlulz.

I know this argument is really none of my business, so I'm going to not really bother with it.
I'm quoting you to ask you a question because I see this in every last one of your posts:
Why do you always post like a stuck-up pretentious asswad? 'Cause I know damn well you don't talk like that outside of the "interlulz."
Quite honestly, I do it for the lulz. I find it fun, be it from schadenfreud or just arguing for the sake of pointless retarded arguing. It fills me with glee just to enjoy how insignificant these arguments are. Then there is one other factor. People hundreds of times worse than me are out there on the internet. I just like to give people a little bit of experience and hope they eventually learn to ignore me, cause even though I enjoy what I do, I don't want to see people become like me. I dealt with a few too many trolls rather than walk away, now I am one. Those are my reasonings. Ofcourse you don't know if I'm telling the truth or just seeking more lulz from this. Whatever it may be, just know this, I'm smiling right now and that's what counts for me.
  #104 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 155

subtle troll is subtle.
  #105 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Fringant Épéiste Fringant Épéiste is a male United States Fringant Épéiste is offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspenfox View Post
subtle troll is subtle.
I am what I am. I am not what I am not, and I am not subtle in the least. That is one thing I carry over from normal life.
  #106 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Mogma

my dog hunts bugs.
  #107 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-08-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
my dog hunts bugs.
So does my cat.
  #108 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-08-2009, 11:49 PM
I give people the gift of hate, so much lovely hate.
View Posts: 687

I think that the Gamecube version of this game is better then the Wii version, I played the GC version first so that might because of why.

But I would prefer the GC version because everything just seems in place and Link is left handed as it should be, and with the Wii version all they really did was make it a mirrored version of TP.

But I rate the GC version a complete 10/10, but for the Wii version I would rate it a very low 2/10
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely...

Revolo Secundum Mihi: Ego Sum Solvo

Repeat After Me: I Am Free

#109 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Zeldablue777 Zeldablue777 is a female United States Zeldablue777 is offline
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,851

Controls mean that much? Oh dear. Z-Wii has a right handed Link, is it doomed for disaster? xD
  #110 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Mogma

i dont like that they ported it to wii, kind of a lazy ass move from nintendo. its a gamecube game :/
  #111 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldablue777 View Post
Controls mean that much? Oh dear. Z-Wii has a right handed Link, is it doomed for disaster? xD
Right handedness was the least of our worries. Have you ever tried to shield bash in the wii version? Not fun. Almost always a swordspin, but who needs to shieldbash anyways? Oh, and sword swinging, it's a waggle button not swinging. I take issue with it all. Aiming was fun though.
  #112 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 12:30 AM
I give people the gift of hate, so much lovely hate.
View Posts: 687

Quote:
i dont like that they ported it to wii, kind of a lazy ass move from nintendo. its a gamecube game :/
I could not agree with you more
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely...

Revolo Secundum Mihi: Ego Sum Solvo

Repeat After Me: I Am Free

#113 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 12:34 AM
BloodRawKnuckle BloodRawKnuckle is a male United States BloodRawKnuckle is offline
I am the Video Game Engine of War!!
View Posts: 1,336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table View Post
6 sages, actually.

In TP you find 3 items and then get the MS in the forest, enter a dark world, become an animal in the dark world, fight Ganon at the end.

OoT is quite guilty of LttP copying, but I'd say TP does it more-so.
Hardly. With a more structurally solid plot, heavier emphasis on characterization, and more sheer content in between dungeons (not even counting Twilight), TP makes OOT, and every Zelda before it, look one-dimensional in that regard.

Quote:
Thus it took an unnecesary amount of time to get places. And you couldn't side-step spam to get somewhere even faster than normal. Epona was definitely faster, but you didn't get the option to use Epona until late in the game.
Ok first of all, there's the roll-running. As much as I hate watching it myself, it's still faster than that too.

Also, I don't know where the hell you're getting that complaint about Epona, being that you "re-obtain her" after the FIRST TENTH of the game. Whereas you don't even get to so much as have a use for Epona's song until HALFWAY through OOT or MM, and don't try and use the Horse Call as an excuse, because if you couldn't find the horse grass located in about eighty percent of the overworld in which you can ride Epona, that's your own fault. Fact is, Epona is all around more accessible than ever before.

Not to mention the warping in TP puts all the other warping in the series to shame.

Quote:
I wouldn't even say it's because it happens too often; it's that it's completely and utterly random and you can't stop it.
There are actually fan-made overhauls of the game. I know one was made by the tourney***s who missed Melee's sense of competition

Quote:
I'd definitely recommend it as a game. It's ok. After thinking about it, I'd say 7 is probably a better rating.
Score is your own call. That said, the only 3D Zelda I've played deserving a 7 was MM.

Quote:
If I know that'd I'd be more interested staring at a blank wall than doing the tears of light quests and the vines in the forest temple, why would I want to pick up the game? Especially when all of those problems are with the early part of the game?
Because not only do they last for but a third, if not a fifth of the entire game, but the content that comes after each one more than makes up for what had to be endured for what, a half hour. I'd given TP a good four playthroughs all the while acknowledging how much the rest of the game outweighs something as petty as a bad climbing animation for one dungeon. It's sure as hell not as bad as making the first section of a dungeon entirely water based despite not being able to spend but a minute in water before drowning ala WW. I'm not petulant over that either, being that it only lasts for, as I said, the first margin of the dungeon itself.
Last Edited by BloodRawKnuckle; 11-09-2009 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #114 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar6 View Post
Hardly. With a more structurally solid plot, heavier emphasis on characterization, and more sheer content in between dungeons (not even counting Twilight), TP makes OOT, and every Zelda before it, look one-dimensional in that regard.
Solid plot? You're kidding right? TP's plot was absolute crap. It copied ALttP but made it suck by throwing in the Mary Sue that is midna and making her the focus of the story.

Quote:
Not to mention the warping in TP puts all the other warping in the series to shame.
Lol, you're joking right? I gotta say I much preferred OoT's warps. Gave the world more personality. Sure you get more warp spots in TP, but you never use more than half of them because you never get a single lone warp spot, it's always 3 mashed together.

Quote:
Score is your own call. That said, the only 3D Zelda I've played deserving a 7 was MM.
Retard
  #115 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 12:45 AM
BloodRawKnuckle BloodRawKnuckle is a male United States BloodRawKnuckle is offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double A View Post
Also, exploration in TP was rather dull. In OoT, they had the gossip stones, which added that extra layer to exploration. That, and the heart pieces.

But pretty much all you could find from exploration in TP is heart pieces and rupees, as well as the occasional Poe, which led to more rupees.
No, WW's exploration was dull. TP had the Hidden Skills locations which not only spanned the length of the game, but actually helped to BENEFIT Link in the game. If you're gonna fall back on gossip stones why not point out that every one that can be found in a secret Grotto (that's half of them already) point out the same exact "rumor" of Ganon's horse. The fact alone that TP had a bigger emphasis on finding heartpieces gives it a bigger sense of exploration in that regard. Not counting more than twice as many secret grottos throughout the field alone, the mini-dungeons for almost every major area of the overworld, and that they bothered implementing the effort into the dungeons as well. OOT has NO sense of exploration next to TP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talhoffer View Post
Solid plot? You're kidding right? TP's plot was absolute crap. It copied ALttP but made it suck by throwing in the Mary Sue that is midna and making her the focus of the story.
And OOT doesn't even have that by virtue to save it from being a one-dimensional pastiche by comparison. If I wanted a Mary Sue, I'd play WW for Tetra.

Quote:
Lol, you're joking right? I gotta say I much preferred OoT's warps. Gave the world more personality. Sure you get more warp spots in TP, but you never use more than half of them because you never get a single lone warp spot, it's always 3 mashed together.
And you never bother using any of OOT's warp spots again what with them leading only to the dungeon entrances.

Quote:
Retard
We're all sure you are.
Last Edited by BloodRawKnuckle; 11-09-2009 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #116 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 12:57 AM
Mogma

lmao? your saying MM deserves a 7? have you even beaten it?
  #117 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 12:59 AM

A good four times.
  #118 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 01:01 AM
theunabletable theunabletable is a male United States theunabletable is offline
(◕‿◕✿)
Send a message via AIM to theunabletable
View Posts: 4,049

Quote:
MM had way more emphasis on characterization, and more than one character in MM actually had some development.
Quote:
Ok first of all, there's the roll-running. As much as I hate watching it myself, it's still faster than that too.
I didn't find rolling faster than side-step spam in OoT, but idk.
Quote:
Also, I don't know where the hell you're getting that complaint about Epona, being that you "re-obtain her" after the FIRST TENTH of the game.
I said that wrong. I meant you don't get the option to call her at any time until late in the game.
Quote:
I'd have to say you're right about that.
Quote:
There are actually fan-made overhauls of the game. I know one was made by the tourney***s who missed Melee's sense of competition
You mean Brawl+ and BBrawl? I play Brawl+ (I mean Jiggs, Fox, and Sheik). Although it's intention was in no way meant to bring back Melee. It's a shame that no one in SoCal plays Brawl+ so I'm forced to stick with Brawl.
Quote:
The only 3D Zelda that I'd say deserving a 10 would be MM lol.
Quote:
Because not only do they last for but a third, if not a fifth of the entire game, but the content that comes after each one more than makes up for what had to be endured for what, a half hour. I'd given TP a good four playthroughs all the while acknowledging how much the rest of the game outweighs something as petty as a bad climbing animation for one dungeon. It's sure as hell not as bad as making the first section of a dungeon entirely water based despite not being able to spend but a minute in water before drowning ala WW. I'm not petulant over that either, being that it only lasts for, as I said, the first margin of the dungeon itself.
I didn't find the good parts in TP all that great. Not as good or challenging as the good parts in MM or most of the 2D Zeldas.

Ahh this is too opinionated.
  #119 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar6 View Post
No, WW's exploration was dull. TP had the Hidden Skills locations which not only spanned the length of the game,
The useless hidden skills that you go out of your way to find only to figure out that they are totally useless cause the enemies can't block a hit.

Quote:
but actually helped to BENEFIT Link in the game.
See above.

Quote:
The fact alone that TP had a bigger emphasis on finding heartpieces
How do you figure? Because it told you exactly where to find them if you ask?

I'd say TP deters the player from searching for heartpieces. Why? Because the strongest enemy in the game is friggin lava! It only does 1/2 heart damage!

Quote:
gives it a bigger sense of exploration in that regard.
No not really.

Quote:
Not counting more than twice as many secret grottos throughout the field alone,
Each and every one exactly the same. Thought we had broken out of the 64 bit era here.
Quote:
the mini-dungeons for almost every major area of the overworld,
Were boring and pointless because all you did was waste lantern oil doing nothing
Quote:
and that they bothered implementing the effort into the dungeons as well. OOT has NO sense of exploration next to TP.
And yet I find OoT infinitely more enticing. Perhaps that's because TP's sense of exploration IS BORING

OoT I actually feel like it's fun to search around. Find the gold skulltulas is fun and such, unlike the bugs and poes in TP -which were a blatant and terrible copy of OoT-

Quote:
And OOT doesn't even have that by virtue
By virtue? A mary sue detracts from the story. OoT is better for not having that.

[quote]to save it from being a one-dimensional pastiche by comparison. If I wanted a Mary Sue, I'd play WW for Tetra.[quote]

Oh please Tetra was infinitely better than that floating piece of **** that every TP fanboy seems to fap over like no other.

Quote:
And you never bother using any of OOT's warp spots again what with them leading only to the dungeon entrances.
There you would be wrong.

Quote:
We're all sure you are.
Great comeback, when'd you learn that? Before or after "you're mom"?
  #120 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 02:17 AM
Serious Discussion: ( | ) <--It is an anus.
View Posts: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talhoffer View Post
Quite honestly, I do it for the lulz. I find it fun, be it from schadenfreud or just arguing for the sake of pointless retarded arguing. It fills me with glee just to enjoy how insignificant these arguments are. Then there is one other factor. People hundreds of times worse than me are out there on the internet. I just like to give people a little bit of experience and hope they eventually learn to ignore me, cause even though I enjoy what I do, I don't want to see people become like me. I dealt with a few too many trolls rather than walk away, now I am one. Those are my reasonings. Ofcourse you don't know if I'm telling the truth or just seeking more lulz from this. Whatever it may be, just know this, I'm smiling right now and that's what counts for me.
Tal, stop being gay.

A buff ass man

Tags
loztp, rate, ten