Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 59
Your thought's when you beat one of the games.

This thread is pretty much about what where your thought's when you first finished any of the zelda games summarize you thoughts on which one you wish to tell about and tell us what you thought.

I'm bringing this up since i finally finished TP(didnt get all poes didnt finish the fishing part completely).
i was really excited to fight ganon,and i like the throw back to Ocarina with puppet zelda. Beast ganon was cool. The horse back fight was alright.
Also when i finally got to ganon's final part,i was severely disappointed at how utterly easy he was.
Then again did use my fairy tears and got a whole bunch of clean hits with the power boost on.(the fight lasted less then a minute)
Also the whole midna mirror thing shocked me.

Also i thought maybe this time link would finally get a kiss from one of the damsels,BUT like always Nintendo wimped out.I'm starting to wonder why they never show link getting a kiss i mean mario does doesn't he link deserves something don't you agree.
All around i TP was a long amazing game with lots of memorable moments and tons of action.I feel it holds it own against ocarina.

(if this thread doesnt exactly belong here it might be moved to genral discussion just to note im not for sure though)
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 9,390
Re: Your thought's when you beat one of the games.

So you're asking how we felt after beating the various Zelda games?

Okay um:

OOT-Just loved watching the ending scene. The part with the sages looking on was happy yet sad because they know they can't return to their normal lives.

MM-Can't really remember but i was kinda mad at Tatl.

WW-Seemed rather gloomy but there was also a glimmer of hope when Link and the pirates sailed away.

TP-Just can't stop watching this one. The scenes with all the various characters are interesting but my favorite part is when Link rides off at the end. Midna leaving is probably the most emotional moment in the series IMO.

PH-Nice twist ending. The thing were Link holds up the hourglass and sees Linebeck's ship confuses me though.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Link,he came to town...(this song iritates me..)
View Posts: 441

OOT-I agree Oni Dark Link...The sages and Link won't return to their normal lives...
MM-I cried when there was that picture of Link and Skull kid on that tree....Link waon't ever come back even if he does the skull kid will want to kill him(Link would be an adult.)

TP-watching and watching every day...

Visit me at Zeldapedia and Zelda fanon!!
And on deviant art!!!
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 09:30 AM
haleyhumalong haleyhumalong is a female United States haleyhumalong is offline
Bullet with Butterfly Wings.<3
Send a message via AIM to haleyhumalong Send a message via Yahoo to haleyhumalong
View Posts: 94

TP= "What?? I spent over SEVENTY HOURS OF MY LIFE to see Midna go and never come back?!?! *cries*"
PH="....that's it? I'm done? okay then.."

i'm still working on beating OoT, and I'm not the biggest MM fan (although alot of people think it's the best Zelda game, I liked TP alot better) but i'm working on beating that one, too.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,110

OoT: Awesome, this was epic. Wait a minute, I'm a kid again? Ganondorf's still out there? What did I do all that stuff for then? (After I learned about tWW, this changed to "none of this matters.")

MM: I finally beat this game. That was awesome. I finally completed the darkest Zelda game ever made by turning into a Fierce Diety and absolutely destroying the m*th*r*u**er that's been giving Link so much trouble.

TP: That...was...badass...I'm in shock of how much better this game was than OoT. We finally got to see what happened to Ganondorf after OoT's child ending.

ALTTP: That was hard. But this game was so cool.

LoZ: I get through the entire dungeon and Ganon doesn't even talk? That's not fair, even the friendly Moblins can talk, but the ANTAGONIST OF THE GAME doesn't say a word. And once again, no "proper thanks" from Zelda. When is Link gonna get some?
Last Edited by Link92; 08-18-2009 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Goron
View Posts: 235

Alright, I'll tell you about Twilight Princess. I had a lot of reactions to that.

At first I was like "Okay, so all the scenery looks nice...Oh wait, there's some people. Oh yay, happy endings!" and then "Oh hey, text! Midna's at the mirror...Crap, I can see where this is going. Adios, Midna!" and after that I was like "Yay, the Ordonians are going home! Colin's so brave! Yep, here it is, everyone hugging, happily ever after and all that. Fado's calling for me...Ilia is looking at the path...What the hell why am I riding away!?"
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Light Spirit

Mr.Mander: Are you saying you disliked TP's ending? Anyway i like how he was leaving, it leaves room for a sequel.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 12:32 PM
DIE THE DEATH! SENTANCE TO DEATH! GREAT EQUALIZER IS DEATH!
Send a message via Skype™ to Snow_Storm
Steam ID: the_snow_storm
View Posts: 9,465

WW: "Such a sad, bittersweet ending"

TP: "Thank God I was borrowing this game from a friend and I didn't waste any money."

MM: "DAWN OF A NEW DAY INDEED!"

The affluenza made me do it
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 12:47 PM
HAPPY MASK MAN HAPPY MASK MAN is a male United Kingdom HAPPY MASK MAN is offline
Is anyone going to buy any of these masks?! this bag is REALLY heavy!!
View Posts: 439

Ocarina of time: wow..... that was epic, too awesome!! + I cried (I was 7)

Majora's Mask: wow.... THE DARKEST AND BEST GAME...... EVER!!!!!!

Twilight princess: If I wasn't collecting the zelda games, wouldve' returned it back for my forty quid.

Thanks to DaltonR6 for this sick sig!
much respect!
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Light Spirit

what is so wrong with TP's ending? please refrain from screaming things like "It sucks!" and things like that and give me actual reasons why you didn't like it.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 01:13 PM
HAPPY MASK MAN HAPPY MASK MAN is a male United Kingdom HAPPY MASK MAN is offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Dark Link View Post
what is so wrong with TP's ending? please refrain from screaming things like "It sucks!" and things like that and give me actual reasons why you didn't like it.
wasn't good nor bad, but to me not worth the money and probably worst zelda game ever, here are my reasons:

1- No sidequests
2- borning NPC's most of the stuff they say does not excite you (not in a horny way) into completing the game/have anything to do with the story.
3- lack of side qqqqquuuuuuestssssssssssss!!!!
4- ocarina of time clone with no soul or real effort basically it was half assed and rushed, they could have done so many things to improve the wii version and even, possibly, the gamecube version.
5- it felt like lord of the rings/ tried toooooooo hard to be epic, something which it isn't.

much respect!
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Goron
View Posts: 235

Okay so yeah, it didn't have sidequests. Most of the other things you said are opinions.

And now, how about we explain why the ending wasn't that great.

ODL: Yeah, it may have left TP open for a sequel, but I think it was a little too loose.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mander View Post
Okay so yeah, it didn't have sidequests. Most of the other things you said are opinions.

And now, how about we explain why the ending wasn't that great.

ODL: Yeah, it may have left TP open for a sequel, but I think it was a little too loose.
I could care less if Midna ducks out, she means nothing to me, the ending was lame also but tbh the game wasn't bad but it was certainly nothing special.

much respect!
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 59

Well TP princesses ending left allot out it didn't show ok what happened too ganon, and neither did it show what happened to link at the end all he did wa ride off back to ordon. It was a good game but it's like a great movie with a WTF ending.
yeah the actual if you want to call them side quest felt like fetch quest which they where.
and why is it the gmae gives you so many ruppees you don't need.

As for WW: well that was good what there drowning hyrule again oh great whats going to happen next.This blows i dont have a DS.man that was a fun game though never did get all the pictures but got a large majority on my other save file.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Light Spirit

Why sidequests aren't the most important part IMO:

Originally Posted by astinktothepast
First of the game centers around a LEGEND. Not a documentary. Not an interview. At the end of the day, we are meant to hear the legendary story of a hero who saved a land from evil. In other words the important stuff... all this extra realism takes away from the legendary feel. A lengthy, endless conversation with a fat goron wouldn't matter at the end of the day... It would never make it into the legend unless it was key to fulfilling the mission.

Also Mask salesman:

1. see quote i posted
2. again quote
3. try not to reiterate things
4. Opinion. Also i felt like WW was rushed what with so few dungeons and a rather abrupt ending(i at least expected a few dungeons that were actually set in hyrule)
5. I thought it was epic. Two that's another opinion.

All in all you not only say the same thing(technically) three times but your other two reasons are opinions. Also i cared a heck of a lot more for Midna than Tatl who turned out to be a complete bi*** and insulted Link in the end.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Goron
View Posts: 202

OoT- Very satisfied and moved by how all your endeavors prove to bring out a triumph, but at a cost. All the Sages have to be isolated from their friends and family, but can still be their sentinels from the Sacred Realm, making it all a bitter-sweet ending. It was all a very epic adventure that left me melancholy towards it so I want to play it again and again, without it losing its shine.

MM- I felt really accomplished and glad to have saved everyone in Termina from Skull Kid, while also saving Skull Kid from himself. Link and Skull Kid's encounter after beating MM was really sweet. With all the compromises Link goes through to save Termina, I felt that it was a tough and daunting experience, especially with all the sidequests. Truly epic, emotional, and had a lot of moral undertones in there to make it a fun, scintillating adventure. Definitely my favorite LoZ for its edginess, wit, originality, and for ending it in such a spot-on manner.

TP- Surprised and accomplished, with all the hardships you go through with Midna, she just breaks the only passage that leads the light world to the Twilight Realm, but with good intention. I thought she was going to express her gratitude towards Link and Zelda for smoothening their interrealation , but it didn't go down that cliche' path. I ardently relished the whole experience. Battling Ganondorf was amazing, even though the last bout was rather ho-hum.

LoZ- I felt the most accomplished in this one because compared to the former three, this one was incredibly difficult. Ganon was extremely challenging and I kept losing to him, but once I found out the trick, it was kind of easy. Very scarce narritive, but it left that up to the player and I really enjoyed it. It had its own whimsical flair and was great fun.
Last Edited by Majrin Twil; 08-18-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2009, 10:53 PM
King of Heroes
View Posts: 1,520

What I thought? Hmmmm...here's what I thought after beating the final stage of each boss.

OOC: Yes! Slice the pigs head open, cut him to ribbons!!! Wait...I dun wanna go back in time! I wanna stay here in the awesome time-line!

MM: Stupid Mask...WTF were you thinking, giving me the power to become a freaking deity for crying out loud?

WW: ...HOLY CRAP HE JUST STABBED HIM IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!....awesome.

TP: Why is Gannondorf still standing after I DROVE THE MASTER SWORD THROUGH HIM! What the-? ZANT KILLED HIM?!?!? But I delivered the final blow! Me! Me! Me!

Yeah, that's about it.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-19-2009, 02:54 PM
The Illustrated Man
View Posts: 770

My thought after I beat each game:

OoT: Finally, the Evil King is sealed, and it's about time.
MM: Honestly I don't remember.
WW: I felt kinda empty inside because Ganondorf was so easy, but the eding was very good.
TP: I was a little dissapointed that the ending was very much like OoT.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Light Spirit

Pimpslap: How was TP's ending like OOT's?
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-19-2009, 03:16 PM
The Illustrated Man
View Posts: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Dark Link View Post
Pimpslap: How was TP's ending like OOT's?
They show random clips of places that are now saved thanks to your heroic deeds. Quite obviusly it is my fault for not specifing that I didn't mean the endings were similar from a plot angle.

Tags
beat, games, thought