Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 118
What kind of boss is Zant... Really?

Sorry, but I really have to rant about this.
I am currently finishing a minimalist challenge in TP, and just beat Zant.
I got killed in his 4th shape, and thought, Hey! This might actually turn to be challenging. I chose to try again and.... appeared at the 4th stage again. He posed no trouble after that again. However, if I would have had to restart all over again, he would have been much tougher.
I know TP is very known for its easy difficulty, but things like this just take it down a notch.

Anyways, what did you think of this boss? Do you think Ganon will actually be tough as a minimalist run, or am I wishing to much?

Also, would really appreciate if someone could tell me if Ganondorf is killable with the Ordon sword?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Navi the Fairy Navi the Fairy is a male United States Navi the Fairy is offline
Dude... What?
View Posts: 835
Re: What kind of boss is Zant... Really?

You can only fight him with Ordon sword while he is on horseback and while fighting Zelda. The Final fight must use master sword. If you want it to be a challenge sure let it be. Fishing pole would not be a challenge. ;o
Puppet Zelda was easy to beat. Beast Ganon is not that hard if you know when to get out of the way. Ganon Sword Fight you might lose a couple hearts. Hopefully not all 3. Good Luck!
Last Edited by Navi the Fairy; 08-13-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Gerudo Thief

Fishing pole is for wus's. Only item i use not as it is intended to be is the ball and chain as a shield. I will hopefully be able to finish it tomorrow. Thanks for the info on swords.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2009, 11:02 PM
The Illustrated Man
View Posts: 770

I smell a lock.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-14-2009, 07:16 AM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,177

If I remember correctly, each phase of the Ganondorf battles is littered with fairies, hearts, and arrows, so it shouldn't be too bad. The horseback phase always gives me the most trouble though.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Gerudo Thief

Just finished. It was fairly easy. I had only 1 quarter of a heart left after horseback, and the final battle killed me. Restarted, and since you restart at the phase you died at, I had no trouble defeating ganon. If I played again I'm sure I'd defeat him without loosing, since at the end I got the hang of how to fight in the horseback battle.

Now for the real challenge, cave of ordeals.
I REALLY doubt I'll be able to finish it... will still try. hopefully after a few runs...

Edit: Oh, and zelda is not kill-able with ordon sword. At least it seemed that way for me.
Last Edited by 3heartchallenge; 08-16-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2009, 01:33 PM
King Of Hyrule
View Posts: 3,180

Cave of ordeals is the real challenge if you have low of everything.
I say Zant is more like a simple puzzle challenge. With so many changes to the battle you have to think what is the best way to kill him. Ganon is just slightly tougher in my opinion, if you don't use any healing. Otherwise it can go either way.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Navi the Fairy Navi the Fairy is a male United States Navi the Fairy is offline
Dude... What?
View Posts: 835

I could hardly beat the cave of ordeals on my first try when I came unprepared... good luck. Obviously you have a lot more skill then me so maybe you can do it. :p
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 59

I'd say one of the easiest bosses is the giant ice boss, as it is easy to get her two her second for quite fast,yet her second forms not so easy.
the hardest mini boss is ball and chain,or the first darknut.
As for the cave of ordeals,it's 50 floors didn't wind waker have more?
Any way's i've beaten windwaker's cave 3 time's so i don't think a person should become exasperated just beat it before the last dungeon.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Gerudo Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi the Fairy View Post
I could hardly beat the cave of ordeals on my first try when I came unprepared... good luck. Obviously you have a lot more skill then me so maybe you can do it. :p
Hopefully...
When I tried on my first file, I had about 14 hearts and 2 faeries, and died on the last room. Did have a shield and every item/hidden skills. Only thing that calms me is that I wasn't being careful back then. I KNOW I won't be able to pass it the first many tries, but I will keep trying until I manage to pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorgrim103 View Post
I'd say one of the easiest bosses is the giant ice boss, as it is easy to get her two her second for quite fast,yet her second forms not so easy.
the hardest mini boss is ball and chain,or the first darknut.
I died a total of 5 times if I am not mistaken. Once against the ice boss, once against the first darknut, once against zant, once against ganondorf... and once I fell and died.
The ice boss is indeed very easy, but my strategy for the second part was terrible ... Yet, out of all the TP bosses, I would perhaps consider it the toughest.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi! I'm Cukeman!
View Posts: 4,178

but you need the fishing pole to bait ganondorf over to you, once you've lured him over,
switch to the Master Sword and attack

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Gerudo Thief

Or just fight him the regular way...
An incredibly easy ways is to just keep dodging and whenever he is about to attack and you get the "chance" go at him. With 3 rounds of those and you're done.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Hi! I'm Cukeman!
View Posts: 4,178

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3heartchallenge View Post
Or just fight him the regular way...
An incredibly easy ways is to just keep dodging and whenever he is about to attack and you get the "chance" go at him. With 3 rounds of those and you're done.
I really want a Ganondorf fight where he has an actual hit count. The
"chance" of a one-hit death strike in the OoT, WW, and TP is really cheap.
It means nothing else counts, all of the other attacks were worthless, you
are just waiting to beat him with the single push of a button....awful

Give me the ALttP or NES Ganon battles anyday
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2009, 09:17 PM
King of Heroes
View Posts: 1,520

For about 3/4 of the fight, Zant is a partial FinalExamBoss. For the rest of it, specifically when in front of Hyrule Castle, he's unpredictable, spontanious, and if he did a lot more damage, he'd be deadly.

But he barely does any damage, so you've got nothing to worry about.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Axis Powers
View Posts: 2,443

The fight against Zant is insultingly easy, in my opinion. He was very predictable and, like so many other bosses, required no real skill. I think Nintendo should really consider looking into some kind of skill level function in the next Zelda game. I didn't die once against Zant, even my first playthrough of the game.

As for Ganondorf, I died maybe once or twice in the fight as a whole my first playthrough. Again, his skill is a major disappointment.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2009, 10:31 PM
King of Heroes
View Posts: 1,520

Total agreement.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Hime
View Posts: 1,790

Zant might have been the biggest joke in the Zelda series. I was really annoyed that acted like a retard during the cutscene before the fight, and also during the fight. He was so childish.

Like in the last phase of the fight, when Link and Zant are in a sword duel, one of Zant's attacks was to swing down his swords one after the other, yelling like an idiot. The first time I fought him was with my lil bro watching and we couldn't stop laughing.

It's been FOREVER, ZU.

FOREVER.

HOW YOU BEEN!?
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Moshtradamus Moshtradamus is a male United States Moshtradamus is offline
Anouki
View Posts: 41

I liked and disliked a few things about the fight with Zant. I like that he was just kind of whatever throughout the game, and then it turns out that he was bat-****-crazy, just a complete nut. That was pretty rad. I did not, however, like that we basically fought the previous bosses in the game again, it was like the end of Wind Waker, but a little bit better. I think that rehashing the bosses at the end is just a big cop out. But the actual fight with him was RAD. Like I said, the fact that he was batty was awesome, and the fight with him was cool. But come on, I already beat these guys, it's kinda lame to do it again. Come up with something new.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-11-2009, 06:31 AM
Anouki
View Posts: 56

I like to fight Zant, yea he's nutty and childish but fun to fight and it's funny on the ice area when you throw the ball and chain at his foot he holds his foot hops around and shrinks.

When I first played the game and I seen Zant I thought he would be a hard boss to fight but I was wrong.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Zeldablue777 Zeldablue777 is a female United States Zeldablue777 is offline
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,851

Woah! You respawn at the last phase of the fight? REALLY? Gah, for most of the TP bosses they send you right to the beginning of the dungeon. I remember someone on the IGN boards getting terribly hissy over the fact that Fyrus killed him and he was back at the entrance of the level...but really, who gets killed by Fyrus? xD

I have no room to talk...I was killed by Armogohma during a Zora armor challenge, killed me in one hit. =/ 14 game overs in a row right there.

Oh...and I was laughing my butt off while dancing during Zant's fight...it was just...funny.

Also, you can't use the ordon sword to hurt Zant, Ganon or Ganondorf on foot. And you can't reflect Zelda's attacks either. =/ I remember trying to finish Ganondorf with the Ordon Sword as he fell over, he immediately got up when he saw the Ordon Sword coming. xD I thought that was funny.
Last Edited by Zeldablue777; 09-22-2009 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
boss, kind, zant