Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Lieutenant Lollipop Lieutenant Lollipop is a female Lieutenant Lollipop is offline
all blues
Send a message via Skype™ to Lieutenant Lollipop
View Posts: 7,742
The whistles and bells of Twilight Princess

Most of you have probably beaten TP by now, so I thought there should be a discussion about the endless sidequests and extras in the game.

First, have you beaten the Cave of Ordeals? It's probably the hardest thing in the game, and I would even consider it a dungeon. As you know, you get fairy's potion when you beat it; I was slightly disappointed with the prize, but proud that I had conquered the challenge.

Second, what's the largest Hylian Bass that you've caught? I've fished for a few hours, and I haven't caught any Bass bigger than 21 inches. I think I caught a 25-inch catfish, though.

Third, did you get the Magical Armor? If you haven't, it sucks. I've tried to use it in a couple of situations, but it just blows. I've heard a rumor that it was put in the game as a way to lampoon the PS3. The armor costs 598 rupees, and when you wear it, it drains rupees incredibly quickly. Although you're supposedly invincible while wearing it. When your rupees run all the way down, you're forced to walk around slowly, as you would in the iron boots. So the theory goes, that Nintendo took a jab at the PS3 by putting this worthless overpriced piece of **** in the game.

Fourth, have you collected all 60 Poe's souls? I have approximately 20 last time I checked.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
Hveðrungr
3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,412
Re: The whistles and bells of Twilight Princess

ive done just about everything in the game except all the fishing quests..i could never get all the lures! i got a sinking lure once but thats about it...as for the others like the Poes, Cave, etc, yeah done it! its kinda fun sometimes just to do a full on completed playthrough..

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Lollipop View Post
Most of you have probably beaten TP by now, so I thought there should be a discussion about the endless sidequests and extras in the game.

First, have you beaten the Cave of Ordeals? It's probably the hardest thing in the game, and I would even consider it a dungeon. As you know, you get fairy's potion when you beat it; I was slightly disappointed with the prize, but proud that I had conquered the challenge.

Second, what's the largest Hylian Bass that you've caught? I've fished for a few hours, and I haven't caught any Bass bigger than 21 inches. I think I caught a 25-inch catfish, though.

Third, did you get the Magical Armor? If you haven't, it sucks. I've tried to use it in a couple of situations, but it just blows. I've heard a rumor that it was put in the game as a way to lampoon the PS3. The armor costs 598 rupees, and when you wear it, it drains rupees incredibly quickly. Although you're supposedly invincible while wearing it. When your rupees run all the way down, you're forced to walk around slowly, as you would in the iron boots. So the theory goes, that Nintendo took a jab at the PS3 by putting this worthless overpriced piece of **** in the game.

Fourth, have you collected all 60 Poe's souls? I have approximately 20 last time I checked.

I heard getting all 60 Poe Souls grants you unlimited Rupees. That Magical Armor doesn't sound too shabby anymore, now does it? (could be a false rumor though)

I'm currently at 59 Poe Souls and i just can't find that last one!

I have caught all of the golden bugs though
Last Edited by Rithrius; 04-02-2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 129

I have completed all the mini quests, that is to say:

-Cave of Ordeals (1 time around, apparently if you do it twice, the postman is waiting outside)
-All 60 poe souls, which took absolutely forever (Also you get a 200 rupee everytime you go inside Jovani's)
-All the Golden Bugs
-Both levels of the Star Minigame
-Talking to all the cats
-Played the roll minigame to get the Frog Lure
-In Hyrule Field North, there is a cave where you have to solve the block puzzle, yeah, did that
-The Goron Mines side quest
-Got the sinking lure
-Caught the Legendary Hylian Loach
-Collected all of the Heart Pieces

There are so many, but that is all I can think of at the moment. The only thing I haven't really done is played the Roll-o Minigame all the way through until Hena gives you unlimited rupees when you come in. Seems a pretty much waste of time after you've beaten the game, then again, you can say that you've done it...

As for the magic armor, wish that I had gotten sooner, would have come in handy, it only seems to be helpful in the Cave of Ordeals.

Last Edited by caroliinee; 04-08-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 7,291

I got the armor, I had 45 or so Poe's souls, and I got to floor 44 of the Cave of Ordeals twice.

I also got all of the heart pieces and all of the bugs.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2009, 11:15 PM
I give people the gift of hate, so much lovely hate.
View Posts: 687

-Cave of Ordeals (1 time around, apparently if you do it twice, the postman is waiting outside): check
-All 60 poe souls, which took absolutely forever (Also you get a 200 rupee everytime you go inside Jovani's): i'm up to about 40 something
-All the Golden Bugs: check
-Both levels of the Star Minigame: check
-Talking to all the cats: check
-Played the roll minigame to get the Frog Lure: check
-In Hyrule Field North, there is a cave where you have to solve the block puzzle: check
-The Goron Mines side quest: check
-Got the sinking lure: check
-Caught the Legendary Hylian Loach: check

i sold my GC but i shall get it again and beat TP completely
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely...

Revolo Secundum Mihi: Ego Sum Solvo

Repeat After Me: I Am Free

#7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcidus View Post
i sold my GC but i shall get it again and beat TP completely
You CAN play GC games on the Wii you know (Unless you don't have a Wii... get one <_< )
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-03-2009, 08:59 PM
I only know one spell
View Posts: 1,094

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixaxiS View Post
I heard getting all 60 Poe Souls grants you unlimited Rupees. That Magical Armor doesn't sound too shabby anymore, now does it? (could be a false rumor though)
You do get unlimited rupees. You just have to go talk to Giavoni (That the guys name? I can't remember) And he'll fill your wallet whenever you talk to him.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Passive cannibalism.
View Posts: 935

Quote:

I'm currently at 59 Poe Souls and i just can't find that last one!

I have caught all of the golden bugs though
It doesn't rely give you infinite rupees the cat game me on silver (200 rupees) and nothing more even if I game back after saving and quitting the game.

I always get all the lures, poes and the Hylian Loach because it's so easy in TP. I only got it 3 times in OoT and once in MQ.

The poes are easy to find is you comb the areas one at a time and don't take poes from areas if you don't have the needed equipment to get them all.

As a game TP is a little too easy for HC Zelda fans. Hope the next ones aren't. But then again the level of difficulty dropped dramatically after they went from 2D to 3D games in the series. And after that even the Minish Cap wasn't as difficult as the 2D ones before were. Shame.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2009, 12:13 PM
weee!

View Posts: 10,229

Cave of Ordeals was easy. I've gotten every item you possibly can in that game. I've played it too much. >_<

I got all the poes, all the hearts, got the gold armor stuffs. Yah...
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 22

I got to the last lvl in the Cave of Ordeals, but I couldn't beat it... It might've had something to do with the fact that I went in with no bombs or arrows, lol. I was just board out of my mind at the time.....

I haven't gotten all 60 poes, (I'm around 45 now) but I think that when you do, any time you go to the guys house, he gives you 200 Rupees. Also, I think the magic armour is great (providing you have the money)
Last Edited by Prof. Fish; 04-12-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Wrath of Pong Wrath of Pong is a male United States Wrath of Pong is offline
If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome
Send a message via Skype™ to Wrath of Pong
Steam ID: Wrath of Pong *Note: if friending me, tell me you are from ZU; otherwise I ignore random requests
View Posts: 4,337

Quote:
It gives you access to unlimited rupees in that you can refill anytime you want by talking to Jovani's cat. Your wallet still runs out like normal though.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheikahSage View Post
It gives you access to unlimited rupees in that you can refill anytime you want by talking to Jovani's cat. Your wallet still runs out like normal though.
Still, that's a useful feature to have around. Before going into a dungeon, get 999 rupees and save them for the boss battle (even though most bosses are way too easy to even bother )
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 4,000

the only time I used magic armor was on the last level of the cave of ordeals. the Darknuts were hard!.... course it didn't help that I drew all their attention to begin with....
but I've done everything but get infinite rupees from Henna, didn't know you could do that
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
The food stamp program, part of the Department of Agriculture, is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the Park Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us, "please do not feed the animals" because, “the animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves.”

Go figure.

~Nayru Awards!~
Most Mature
Most Like Lando

#15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Steam ID: Wrath of Pong *Note: if friending me, tell me you are from ZU; otherwise I ignore random requests

Quote:
Still, that's a useful feature to have around. Before going into a dungeon, get 999 rupees and save them for the boss battle (even though most bosses are way too easy to even bother )
I think that Zant is the earliest boss you could do that on, unless you really liked sequence breaking.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-12-2009, 08:01 PM
failures
View Posts: 596

I've caught the HYLIAN BASS, played the minigame at the Hidden Village, gotten all of the fishing lures and gotten the failworthy armor but I have yet to beat the Cave of Ordeals. >8| I've been super-close to beating it though!
Last Edited by Küłłęr; 04-12-2009 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 129

The thing about the cave of ordeals, is that you should go when you are full stocked of everything. Including potions, faries, and a full wallet (for your magic armor). If you turn into wolf-form when you have completed a floor, you can sometimes dig up hearts and rupees, which help out A LOT. I try to save atleast two potions by the last floor, because you will need it. Also, you should try to go when you have 20 hearts, but I'm sure 17 is fine (thats what I had).

#18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,303

Haha, oh man... I remember I was like...on the LAST FLOOR of the Cave of Ordeals, and I had 12 or so hearts left. I had purple Chu jelly with me, and since I wanted to see what it would do, I drank some. Bad idea. It took me down to about 6 hearts, and I still had to take care of the three Iron Knuckles.

I have absolutely no idea how I did it, but I managed to kill all three of them with barely any hearts left. It was a pleasant surprise.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 22

What do you guys think, what's the best way to beat the last lvl of the cave of ordeals? I think that the best way to fight the first form is to throw bombs at them until their armour breaks off, but after that they get so fast, and I had a really hard time, any ideas?
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conman View Post
What do you guys think, what's the best way to beat the last lvl of the cave of ordeals? I think that the best way to fight the first form is to throw bombs at them until their armour breaks off, but after that they get so fast, and I had a really hard time, any ideas?
Try to get the three (or four if its your second time) as far apart as you can. Often if you get far enough away, they won't leave theat corner of the room until you come closer. That way you can deal with them one at a time. Also, try to save at least a fairy or potion till the last floor. The ball and chain might work to dislodge thier armor, but I can't remember (I haven't done the cave of ordeals since I beat it the second time last year).
Last Edited by Wrath of Pong; 04-13-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
bells, twilight princess, whistles