Advertisement

View Poll Results: Whats better
Windwaker 104 47.06%
Twiligh Princess 65 29.41%
Both are as good as each other 50 22.62%
I never played them. Don't really know why im here 2 0.90%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2009, 02:40 PM
The real great 8
Steam ID: Chocobotamer
View Posts: 5,097
Re: Windwaker is better then TP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret7thNote View Post
Saying stuff like this is what makes people think your a little kid. which I am firmly starting to think as well.
That's the point.

I don't care what you think.
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Haste the OMGTREE!!!
View Posts: 436

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER TOTT View Post
That's the point.

I don't care what you think.
Well apparently you care when people think your a little kid. which is why this whole argument started. you can't just go around overreacting because someone called you childish if you really are.

Where Bluebirds Fly

Zeldas Completed: TP, OoT, PH

#83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2009, 02:51 PM
The real great 8
Steam ID: Chocobotamer
View Posts: 5,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret7thNote View Post
Well apparently you care when people think your a little kid. which is why this whole argument started. you can't just go around overreacting because someone called you childish if you really are.
Uh, you're the one who kept going.

And I'm not overreacting. This is just a way for me to get more posts.
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Ok, but dogs CAN look up.

View Posts: 13,990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
You pretty much described Wind Waker. Except for the 'two worlds' part.
OoT, WW, TP are all like that, so he didn't really discribe WW. Leaving out the giant sea and the fact that he did describe the "two worlds" thing definatly seperates it from WW. The "two worlds part" is a major storyline/gameplay speration from WW. I don't think what he described sounded too much like WW because of those two major differences, even if there are a few similarities.
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Banned User
Send a message via ICQ to Deckard Send a message via AIM to Deckard
View Posts: 1,482

Wind Waker is really great, and so is Twilight Princess. I don't know why people are so skeptical about Twilight Princess though, it's pretty much equal in enjoyability just in a different way.
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Ok, but dogs CAN look up.

View Posts: 13,990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Wonderful View Post
I don't know why people are so skeptical about Twilight Princess though.
It's just what fans of anything do. Lol, simple as that.
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2009, 07:28 PM
if you are god, you must be benevolent
Send a message via Skype™ to Mery
3DS ID: 4725-8461-2914
View Posts: 2,777

I prefered WW...I dunno why, just liked it better.
  #88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2009, 07:29 PM
quick silver quick silver is a male United States quick silver is offline
Snooty Mcfumbles
Send a message via Yahoo to quick silver
Steam ID: bagordy40
View Posts: 1,733

I called the game childish because it had childish aspects to it. I never called anyone here childish or intoned that people that played the game were childish, except that to favor the light heartedness and puerile styling of the game play of tWW was to accept that the game was geared more for a younger audience.

That being said, I played, beat and got everything in that game and have repeatedly stated that I got a lot of enjoyment out of it, and that TP, based on my age, was geared more for someone like me. Therefore saying that it is a maturity issue is the same as saying that it's an age issue, not the same as calling people immature.

What seceded from my points, unfortunately, was a big flame war about immaturity, which of course is all very immature

I don't appreciate that Tott chose to start the flame war against anyone that thought that TP was better, whether it applied to TP participating in asinus buccal stimulation or anyone else for that matter, clearly this was done for Tott's entertainment purposes and further at the expense of others. And the point that was made that this pointed to Tott's relative maturity, if not his lack of social graces is really quite accurate.

All that being said, go read a book or something Tott, stop personally insulting people that have a different opinion than you, and let's all stop the flame war.

edit: Oh, I almost forgot, the point about MM was interesting: OoT tried and was probably most successful of any franchise ever for, the unattainable goal of catering to old and young audiences alike. Majora's Mask's goal, in contrast, was in catering to the unconventional convention that is Nintendo's undying style of 'giving people what Nintendo thinks they need, not what they say they want.'

Majora's Mask is a testament to this 'slightly weird' world that Nintendo creates, and had created before with some of the off the wall themes presented in AlttP and LA (e.g. Link with pink hair and turning into a bunny, The walrus guy saying I am the Walrus, etc.) These of course stand the test of time in being some of the best and most memorable Zelda games ever, in that they don't 'fit the mold' as it were, and don't even try to fit the confines of normalcy.

MM was this game; it starred a young link, suggesting that it was catering to younger audiences, and yet was one of the first to present a truly dark and mysterious and slightly cultish world, in this case named Termina. The game presents masks which are firstly a kiddish tradition of masking one's identity, and uses this to bring more adult themes into the game itself. Majora's Mask is weird, no doubt about it, and while I think it is slightly over hyped, it is definitely a favorite of many die hard Zelda fans

Last Edited by quick silver; 02-24-2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason:
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2009, 08:06 PM
bizzarrostrife bizzarrostrife is a male United States bizzarrostrife is offline
Rito Shaman
View Posts: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am error View Post
Midna is one of the best video game characters ever.
I hated Midna for both story reasons, and the noise that she made the wii-mote make.

My Favorite games

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Majora's Mask
3. Mega Man 2
4. A Link to the Past
5. Ocarina Of Time
6. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
7. Link's Awakening
8. Sly Cooper
9. Oracle of Ages
10. Final Fantasy IX
  #90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Cool for Cats
View Posts: 515

I like them both equally, though both have pros and cons.

The Wind Waker has a beautiful art style, wonderful graphics, (best ocean I've seen in any video game) a charming story and cute characters. The dungeons and quests were pretty dull, though.
Twilight Princess had smoother gameplay and a lot more dungeons. The graphics were nice as well, but the story and characters weren't that impressive.

A game with Wind Waker's graphics and story combined with Twilight Princess's gameplay and dungeon quality would be heaven for me.
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2009, 12:49 PM
"Astronomy compels the soul to look up and lead us from this world to another."
View Posts: 149

The bosses were way to easy in TP, its just the same thing over and over
get item, find the incredibly noticable weakspot, use item, go on to next dungeon...

WW proved a bit harder for me, althoughh I didn't like sailing that much....
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Wonderful View Post
Wind Waker is really great, and so is Twilight Princess. I don't know why people are so skeptical about Twilight Princess though, it's pretty much equal in enjoyability just in a different way.
Twilight Princess is the most recent Zelda game, therefore it receives the most critical attention, and its haters are at their most vocal. The same thing happened when Wind Waker was the most recent and when Majora's Mask was the most recent.
  #93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2009, 03:11 PM
CONSTANT VIGILANCE
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Master Send a message via Skype™ to Abyss Master
Steam ID: AbyssMaster91 Wii U ID: TomOlav
View Posts: 4,878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam148 View Post
Well, let's see, two seperate worlds in TP, OoT had a future wolrd and present world.
AlttP has the light world and the dark world.

Quote:
OoT had you collect three items in the first half of the game, and more in the second, as did TP.
ALttP had you collect pendants representing Wisdom, Power and Courage, just like the Spiritual Stones represent the tribes. You have to awaken the maidens, just like the Sages.

Quote:
Wolf transformation when in the other world, adult transfromation in future.
Bunny transformation when in the Dark World.

Quote:
Ganondorf was still the bad guy, sages were still there,
Ganon is the bad guy, the maidens represent the Sages (being descendants and all).

Quote:
Master Sword was still the most powerful weapon.
Clearly you didn't get the Biggoron's Sword in OoT.

Quote:
Yeah, they're totally different /sarcasm
I still find it quite odd how people manage to always compare TP to OoT. It's like it's totally cool to do it, but no-one mentions ALttP or TWW when both share as much with OoT as TP does.
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,301

Maybe because TP and OoT are both 3D, and ALttP only being 2D, so people kinda forget about it...?
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2009, 03:59 AM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss Master View Post
AlttP has the light world and the dark world.

ALttP had you collect pendants representing Wisdom, Power and Courage, just like the Spiritual Stones represent the tribes. You have to awaken the maidens, just like the Sages.

Bunny transformation when in the Dark World.

Ganon is the bad guy, the maidens represent the Sages (being descendants and all).

Clearly you didn't get the Biggoron's Sword in OoT.

I still find it quite odd how people manage to always compare TP to OoT. It's like it's totally cool to do it, but no-one mentions ALttP or TWW when both share as much with OoT as TP does.
aLttP wasn't part of my point, but yeah, I have used it as a point at times. However, WW isn't like those other three. There are less dungeons, there is no transformation, there is only one world (Hyrule doesn't count, its underwater and very little is actually done down there aside from the last dungeon and the reclaiming of the Master Sword, it's basically a giant plot device). So no, tWW is not like TP, OoT or aLttP at all, while those three have tremendous amounts in common.
Last Edited by Adam148; 03-01-2009 at 03:59 AM. Reason:
  #96 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2009, 07:33 AM
CONSTANT VIGILANCE
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Master Send a message via Skype™ to Abyss Master

Quote:
aLttP wasn't part of my point, but yeah, I have used it as a point at times. However, WW isn't like those other three. There are less dungeons, there is no transformation, there is only one world (Hyrule doesn't count, its underwater and very little is actually done down there aside from the last dungeon and the reclaiming of the Master Sword, it's basically a giant plot device). So no, tWW is not like TP, OoT or aLttP at all, while those three have tremendous amounts in common.
I wasn't making a point that WW resembled all three - just Ocarina of Time. WW doesn't have to have the same elements that ALttP and TP does in order to be similar to OoT either. That it's something new is granted, but it as any Zelda title resembles other titles, and the references and similarities to OoT are several.
  #97 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss Master View Post
I wasn't making a point that WW resembled all three - just Ocarina of Time. WW doesn't have to have the same elements that ALttP and TP does in order to be similar to OoT either. That it's something new is granted, but it as any Zelda title resembles other titles, and the references and similarities to OoT are several.
Yeah, but there are more for aLttP/OoT/TP as a group, they share more of a similarity (and references) than most other games in the series (both aLttP and TP refer to events that occured in and around OoT quite heavily).
  #98 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2009, 08:12 AM
CONSTANT VIGILANCE

Quote:
Yeah, but there are more for aLttP/OoT/TP as a group, they share more of a similarity (and references) than most other games in the series (both aLttP and TP refer to events that occured in and around OoT quite heavily).
TP refers to what happened long before OoT (this is the story that Lanayru tells you) and after (it is implied quite heavily that the ancient hero that is told of is the Hero of Time). WW, on the other hand, refers specifically to the Hero of Time (it is the only game - which doesn't feature the Hero of Time himself - that does this, actually) and that directly refers to the events that happened at the end of OoT, where Link defeats Ganon and goes back in time.

ALttP/OoT/TP do share more common similarities than WW, that is true. WW is just different in what similarities there are. If that makes any sense
  #99 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Anouki
View Posts: 48

I like them the same, windwaker was fresh and had a good vibe about it but than twilight princess was awesome, epic and felt more like ocarina of time which is the greatest but still like them the same
  #100 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Haste the OMGTREE!!!
View Posts: 436

I agree..

even if TP was a bit of a clone of OoT I liked the epic feel and the nostalgia it brought.

Where Bluebirds Fly

Zeldas Completed: TP, OoT, PH

Closed Thread

Tags
windwaker