Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,981
Re: Twilight Princess is harder than OoT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBenx View Post
My reasons are in the first post. The enemies in TP are not a joke. Lets see you kill a Darknut without getting hit.
Okay.

Quote:
I don't remember once, Midna telling me exactly where to go.
"Go back to your village!"
"Let's go to Faron Woods."
"A city in the sky..."
etc.
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Something witty
View Posts: 1,641

Quote:
My reasons are in the first post. The enemies in TP are not a joke. Lets see you kill a Darknut without getting hit. And I don't know when you played TP, but Morpheel doesn't swim around in circles. It actually is burried in the ground during the first part of the fight.
I have killed several Darknuts without being hit actually. They're just as easy as Iron Kunckles (and a lot more fun, TP got something right!). And I meant the second phase; I have played TP four times, so I think I know how the Morpheel battle works. That first phase is a little difficult, but only if you're really slow (by underwater standards). In the second phase, if you swim above Morpheel, he'll go around in circles, leaving you to easily aim and fire the Clawshot.

Quote:
All puzzles aren't a switch? Like I said before, lets see you do the MS puzzle, without a guide. Give me the steps, in order, right now. See? You can't, unless you look them up.
Don't take my words literally! I meant puzzles generally, using switches as an example. If you want more examples so you can take me literally, just ask. And that Master Sword puzzle is long, but it's not that hard. It's just trial and error, with no consequences like a time limit. I did it in like a minute on my latest playthrough. No, I can't give you the steps because there's like 20 or 30 things you have to do. That doesn't make it harder; it makes it longer.

Quote:
The goron is in a giant room? Its not? You walk in and its a cramped room, with the goron taking up 1/3 of the space. I remember back tracking in the dungeons. You have to use the same central room in the Water Temple MULTIPLE times. You don't walk through it and your done. You have to go into another room, hit a switch or something, go back to the central room, and then climb some stairs, repeat.
Uh, yes it is! When he uses his fire attack, you can go to the edges of the room and avoid it. And once you slash it's forehead, it leaves you just enough time to get into position to take it down immediately after it finishes roaring again. That room in the water temple is not neccessary to enter more than 3 or 4 times if you know what you're doing. Several rooms in Ocarina of Time dungeons are.

Quote:
Maybe Midna is so much more helpful because people complained about Navi not giving enough help? They were mad, because she didn't help at all? I don't remember once, Midna telling me exactly where to go. She doesn't say, " I think you need to go get that goron rock in the goron area to use on the ice, in the zora place." She says something like, "I wish we had something to break this ice" Or something about finding something to break the ice.
Yeah, and Midna is TOO helpful. My point still stands. Games aren't about holding you're hand as you play, unless you're five. They're about providing challenge and overcoming these challenges yourself; that's the fun of games! And that Zora ice problem is so easy. First, it zooms in on it for ages ever so slightly earlier in the game. And then Midna muses out loud that you need something big to break the rock, and forces you to teleport to several locations, only one of which actually has the rock you need. Even if you don't know, you'll eventually get the puzzle figured through trial and error.

Quote:
More of my reasons are in there too.
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 12:12 PM
weee!

View Posts: 10,229

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600wiis View Post
Alright Suger poultry tell me how tp could possibly be easier than oot. It's not logic. It does not make any sense at all. maybe your blind cauze you enjoyed oot more than TP. All zelda games that ive played were much easier than tp.
Read the thread, you'll find my posts with my reasons. So far you haven't given any of us logical reasons.

Quote:
I don't remember once, Midna telling me exactly where to go.
And somehow "Hey! Listen!" is more informative? Midna talked more than any side character in the entire Zelda series.
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Fabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Adam West View Post
No, I can't give you the steps because there's like 20 or 30 things you have to do.
If I'm not mistaken, it's possible to complete it in six steps.

For the first post:

Quote:
In OoT, you have to find a whole, go through it, run from a boulder, and get it. Then, just buy a shield.
In TP, you have to find Hawk Grass to get the fishing rod and then buy a slingshot. Slightly more complicated, but no more difficult to complete.

Essentially the rest of your rant on dungeons confuses complexity with difficulty as well. Nothing in TP that you've mentioned so far was difficult to execute. I made it as far as you outlined in four hours the first time I played (mind you, I was playing my cousin's copy, so I was rushing...).

As for the Golden Bugs, they were difficult to spot, but there were fewer of them and they always appeared in pairs. Gold Skulltulas on the other hand were more difficult to reach, oftentimes involving the use of secrets that most people never even notice throughout their first playthrough (Scarecrow's Song, etc.).

Quote:
OoT poes vs. TP poes
In OoT, I have never attempted to catch a poe, as it wasn't much fun.
Why, because it was harder?

Quote:
So, which is harder?
OoT Big Poes take two-three hits with the bow while on horseback; TP Poes take two hits with the wolf, then a finish. OoT's Poes are much harder to get, even though they number fewer and are all in Hyrule Field. I bet you can't even find six of them.
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 12:31 PM
I only know one spell
View Posts: 1,094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lexxi Aileron View Post
Okay.

"Go back to your village!"
"Let's go to Faron Woods."
"A city in the sky..."
etc.
I took as a "Go into this room! In this dungeon! Not a central place, which is exactly as Navi did. "I wonder why theres a ring over death mountain!" Same thing..

I admit, my first post has its flaws. And they are more on length. But sometimes, the length can equal difficulty. I find it more difficult to figure how to get the ordon sword, than to run from a boulder, that moves rather slowly. Maybe I'm just dumb? But, it took me a while to figure out how to get that monkey off of the rock. I spent around 20 minutes, throwing rocks and etc at it to get it off. Only then, after I gave up, I spotted the grass, and used it to hit the monkey.

EDIT: Later today, when I have time, I'll go through and play a dungeon in OoT and TP, and then elaborate more on my points.
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 12:39 PM
weee!

Quote:
EDIT: Later today, when I have time, I'll go through and play a dungeon in OoT and TP, and then elaborate more on my points.
That would be very awesome. I would do that too but I'm busy today.
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Fabulous

Quote:
I took as a "Go into this room! In this dungeon! Not a central place, which is exactly as Navi did. "I wonder why theres a ring over death mountain!" Same thing..
Sheik already told you where to go in the future, mind you.
So do the sages in TP.

Literally, though, it was easy to tell where to go in TP. The entire game you're completely limited to a single path, and between Midna's ramblings and the Resistance's map you always know exactly where you need to go to get to the next level.

OoT you can branch out and complete the Temples in multiple orders (Forest, Fire, Water; Fire, Forest, Water; Forest, Water, Fire; Shadow, Spirit; Spirit, Shadow), and while you get a basic idea of where you need to go, you almost never are told what you need to do.

Examples: No one tells you to go to the Ice Cavern in Zora's Domain. You have to take that initiative yourself. No one tells you to go to the Bottom of the Well in the past, or that what you need to beat the Shadow Temple is there.

Quote:
I find it more difficult to figure how to get the ordon sword, than to run from a boulder, that moves rather slowly.
See, most of us will admit that TP is more complicated, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that that's just because the hardware specs allow it to be. What you're talking about is difficulty, which most people associate with execution, and I have to say that none of the tasks you described in TP were difficult.

By the way, if you're going to compare dungeons, compare the last levels. The difficulty levels of the last stretch of a game typically serves to speak for the game in its entirety.
  #88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 12:50 PM
weee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lexxi Aileron View Post
OoT you can branch out and complete the Temples in multiple orders (Forest, Fire, Water; Fire, Forest, Water; Forest, Water, Fire; Shadow, Spirit; Spirit, Shadow), and while you get a basic idea of where you need to go, you almost never are told what you need to do.
I got lost in OoT multiple times. I never doubted what I was doing or where I was going next in TP. Plus the map in TP is so freakin' detailed, how could you get lost? And warping made getting around so easy... and it should have because TP's land is much bigger than OoT, but still.
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 2,850

OoT had those hands that broght you back to the begining...my worst nightmares aren't in TP, but TP is still proven to be more challenging. In the cave of ordeals, I still can't get all 4 bottles filled with purple fairy stuff! just two...

"I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth."

#90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 79

I started OoTa little while before I got TP and then played them simaltainiously and it still took me alot longer to finish OoT. I admit that i probably spent more time and effort on TP, but i also got stuck a few times in OoT and gave up for a bit.

I Acctuly played OoT, MM, WW, TP and PH (once i tried one I had to try them all) pretty much at the same time and compleated them in reverse order of when they were released. I know this doesnt necessarily prove that the games are getting easier, but it does kinda make the "You only think that OoT is hard because you palyed it first" thing redundant.
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 01:30 PM
The Cursed Prince
View Posts: 229

TP = easy(incredible easy)
OoT = easy(have exceptions)

Exceptions:
TP = Collect the 60 Poe Souls, it's no hard, but boring...
OoT = Water Temple, the gameplay, Gold Skulltulas and Twinrova

Who think's TP is hard to beat, honestly, this people have 8 years old...
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Just your friendly neighbourhood Spidey-Man!
Steam ID: barker09 Wii U ID: Amazin-Spidey
View Posts: 8,023

Twilight Princess was way more linear that Ocarina of Time, thus, making Twilight Princess an easier game.

In TP, you go to a temple, beat it, then you go back to Castle Town, they mark a place on your map, you go to that marker, and already on the path to the next temple. You beat that temple, go to castle town, make a marker on your map, and go to the next temple. Like that is what took away the difficulty of finding and exploring Hyrule.

In OoT though, sure it was linear aswell, but it wasn't as obvious as Ocarina of Time. Yea Navi would tell you to head west, but unlike TP, you still had to explore on your own to find the temples rather than having a marker on your map to tell you to go to Place A, etc.

Temple wise, In TP when you find a key, you know right off the bat that the key is used to open the next locked door that is ahead of you. In OoT, when you find a key in a temple, instead of having the door right there, you have more options to open what door with the key, thus you need to wander around the temples more and figure things out, opening different doors etc.

To me, OoT is the harder game.

Swing by the Sport, Health, and Fitness Thread and Motivation/Inspiration Thread to keep you on progess with any goals you'd like to accomplish!
  #93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 02:01 PM
weee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benni View Post
OoT had those hands that broght you back to the begining...my worst nightmares aren't in TP, but TP is still proven to be more challenging. In the cave of ordeals, I still can't get all 4 bottles filled with purple fairy stuff! just two...
Cave of Ordeals isn't so hard, it just takes for freakin' ever. Very time consuming...
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 02:08 PM
CONSTANT VIGILANCE
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Master Send a message via Skype™ to Abyss Master
Steam ID: AbyssMaster91 Wii U ID: TomOlav
View Posts: 4,970

It's not that TP is hard, it's just not very obvious. Some things need thinking and logic to pull through on the first playthrough, but should you replay the game afterwards it's like taking a walk in the park. You know what to do, and doing it isn't any hard at all.

OoT is just as easy, in my opinion (with the exception of enemies, but having played OoT for a while, they prove no trouble at all to me). If you know what to do, there is nothing stopping you from doing it.

To be honest, I spent more time with the web in the Deku Tree than I did with any puzzle in TP...
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Goron
View Posts: 294

I say: OoT & TP are the same. Some say one is harder than the other. But they are just diffrent Zelda games. Link has to be a wolf in one & he doesn`t have to be a wolf in the other. Link has to find Poes in one & Gold Skulltulas in another.
  #96 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Quod tu es, ego fui; quod nunc sum, et tu eris
View Posts: 6,192

God, I laugh at people who claim the gameplay of OoT was hard.
Enemies are such wimps in that game.

This is also the first time I've heard someone imply you could "get lost" finding a temple in OoT.

That's simply impossible, the area of the game is so cordoned off.
If someone gets lost in a game that has an onscreen map, then they have something serious going on.

Ангелы и демоны кружили надо мной
Рассекали тернии и млечные пути
Не знает счастья только тот,
Кто его зова понять не смог...

#97 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Just your friendly neighbourhood Spidey-Man!
Steam ID: barker09 Wii U ID: Amazin-Spidey
View Posts: 8,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziel Satori View Post
God, I laugh at people who claim the gameplay of OoT was hard.
Enemies are such wimps in that game.

This is also the first time I've heard someone imply you could "get lost" finding a temple in OoT.

That's simply impossible, the area of the game is so cordoned off.
If someone gets lost in a game that has an onscreen map, then they have something serious going on.
Who said that they got lost in Hyrule?

Swing by the Sport, Health, and Fitness Thread and Motivation/Inspiration Thread to keep you on progess with any goals you'd like to accomplish!
  #98 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Knight of Skyloft

View Posts: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhero View Post
TP = Collect the 60 Poe Souls, it's no hard, but boring...
OoT = Water Temple, the gameplay, Gold Skulltulas and Twinrova
I got stuck on Water Temple, but then quickly figured it out.

Gameplay isn't hard in both games.

Gold Skulltulas is challenging.

Trinrova!!! Wow, you had trouble with Twinrova? I died once because I only had a few hearts, then beat it without being hit.

For TP you didn't add golden bugs(not hard but long), iceblock puzzles, master sword puzzle, Cave of Ordeals, and maybe lantern cavern 2(the walkways between caves).

Anyway, both games are easy. I never had trouble finishing either game. I got stuck for a while on puzzles in TP more, though. They both are easy.

Gregdawg08!
Check out my awesome videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gregdawg08
  #99 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Quod tu es, ego fui; quod nunc sum, et tu eris
View Posts: 6,192

It was implied by some that they didn't know where exactly to go in OoT, while heading for the next temple.

By the way the minimum number of moves required to finish the Sacred Grove puzzle is ten.

Ангелы и демоны кружили надо мной
Рассекали тернии и млечные пути
Не знает счастья только тот,
Кто его зова понять не смог...

#100 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Knight of Skyloft

View Posts: 820

Ten? You Sure? I thought it was 18 or so.

Gregdawg08!
Check out my awesome videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gregdawg08

Tags
harder, oot, princess, twilight