Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-13-2008, 02:30 AM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 2,574
Re: TP towns blah?

The towns in TP were well designed, these include: Castle Town, Ordon Village, Kakiriko village (was that all?) but Palace of Twilight was poor, so was City in the Sky and the Hidden village was a hole with a couple of empty houses.

Though the towns that were well-designed, were really undeveloped with no interaction and no appropriate buildings.

I always look forward to playing through TP. Well when I used to play it. The towns were always a great part of it, but towards the end of the game I would get this depressing feeling when exploring because there was nothing to do in the towns.
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 143

That is the problem with many Zelda games Ganon King. Join the club.

I agree that the owl statue thing was a quite bit of a waste but the REST of the Series shined. One other thing I didn't' like about MM was that all your money disappeared when you went back in time which wouldn't be realistic if you time traveled. At least there is the bank. The only Zelda game with one too.

You shouldn't feel ashamed to play it in front of your parents HybridDog obviously your parents judge to harshly and that is common sense. If you don't agree that is fine but please don't force me to say that MM doesn't have much NPC Interaction cause THATS BULL! Your tricks aren't going to work. Did you ask your parents if you could play it?

Ganon King please place an Ani Brainwash spell for me with your Triforce of Power so he won't be able to try anything all right? And place one for yourself too. We must protect Termina from the TP Fan boys I guess. (Grabs Ganon'
s canon. or formally know as The Ganon Cannon and a couple of Pistols)

What did you not like about the towns Ganon King and is this the only Zelda game you felt disappointed? if not can you tell me what towns made you feel disappointed in other games?

Anyone who thinks that MM has very little interaction needs to get their head reexamined. I am not saying TP is bad in any way. In fact the towns are a step up form OOT but that is what it is a STEP UP. Not a revolution like most people want to make it. MM Mask had a bunch of climates that you could go to like my favorite was the Mountains I love Mountains.

The people had a character to them like in the Smity shop or the Goron Village where you had to stop the baby from crying with the Goron Lullaby the songs in MM had a lot of innovative uses.

I think these people who want to make TP a revolution want to look cool in front of their friends and is in a fantasy reality because they are desperate for a "new original game" by Nintendo and don't want to admit they have no hope because they are afraid they will get laughed at or something. Cmon people realize just because someone thinks modern Nintendo games are lame doesn't mean they hated the older Nintendo or second party games. MM is different and "weird" to OTHER Zelda games but it's not bad makes me wonder how much other games people have turned away because they thought it was too weird even if the game play was cool.
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,102

I never said that MM has very little interaction. It probably has more than any other game. My opinion is that the people-interaction in MM is extraordinary, and in TP it is adequate, not great or poor, in the middle. And yes, I'm sure I can play it, it's just not the type of game I'd actually want to own. I'm actually considering asking my best friend if I can play it on his N64 next time I'm at his house.

Another thing, I don't love TP to impress my friends. I only have one friend, and he doesn't even like the LoZ series anymore. He's too much into violent shooting games. ^_^ TP isn't the greatest thing made by man, but it's fun, and probably the last Zelda game I'm going to own, so I make as well treat a good thing like a great thing.

And it really doesn't matter whether MM is a good game or not, as I'm not going to pay for for games I already own just so I can MM with it as I already have OOT: MQ. So there are two big reasons why I won't buy MM: one mental, one physical.

#44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Gerudo Thief

Well then let me have my opinon all right cause I am not going to stop liking MM a lot just for you. Since you don't like a lot of interactivity and talk to people and have a relistic town then we will just leave it at that. I made a big mistake in talking to you it seems.

Now the other thing that pisses me off is the Twilight Realm deal because by the time you find all the bugs then you are worn out and the towns are less exciting sense you traveled through them in the blah world. I preorder the game so if I read the reviews and not preordered I probebly would not have bought it but I at least like certain parts of the game so I am making the best out of what it has instead of it not.

I already said the Castle Town is better then the OOT version. I thought the OOT version was just pathetic it's just an excuse to have a town. I mean I would rather have the beta version of OOT Castle Town. At least there were more paths.
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,102

I'm not the one invading your opinions, you're the one invading mine. ^_^ And I never said I don't like interaction. I dislike a specific kind of interaction, namely the kind that has a character say the same thing no matter how many times you speak to him and he talks to you when you're just trying to roll past. And as I said earlier, it's probably not a problem in MM because rolling isn't faster than running and apparently they have a lot more variety in what they say/where they are.

#46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 103

Twilight Princess towns were awful. Its not worth making excuses for it. No characters to interact with in the Hyrule city area, no fun mini-games, and nothing to really buy either..
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,022

the towns were o.k. could of been way better though,
castle town had a great design, a lots of people, but felt hollow.. i would of liked to enter a regular castle town residentīs home and see just how they live life you know, even if they didnīt have much to say, i think ocarina has more doors you can get into in castle town than TP,
ah and it would of been great to see castle town in normal camera view, and first person,
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,510

The towns were very mediocre.

Kakariko consisted of a village leader, the Ordon kids, Barnes, and a couple of Gorons. The layout initially appeared intriguing, but you quickly find out that none of the paths lead anywhere. It should have become more developed throughout the game--especially when the bridges were repaired. An underground network connected with the graveyard would have been a fun idea as well. What we got was drab and fairly uneventful.

There is virtually nothing to do in Ordon after the first portion of the game. Twilight Princess suffered from the omission of a well thought out farm. Ordon could have fulfilled this niche, but the effort was not made.

Zora's Domain was dreadful; it merely housed a couple of bugs and a poe or two. The only fun thing to do was jump off the waterfall. Goron City did was not carried over at all.

Hyrule Castle Town was not much better. The shop could not be used until late in the game; Agatha's Castle was a place to drop off bugs; the S.T.A.R.S mini-game was one of the only things I recall being able to do. The pub was cool, too.

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2008, 01:52 AM
Insanity Prevails
View Posts: 459

The graphics of the towns are awesome, as most people have said they just lack the interaction, which is a very important part. It makes me sad when they leave these fundamental things out, the towns of the games are my favorite places, interacting with everyone, doing the small side-quests, just such a friendly zone to be in.
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2008, 09:21 AM
MajorasWrath1 MajorasWrath1 is a male United States MajorasWrath1 is offline
Sage of Shadows
Send a message via ICQ to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via AIM to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Yahoo to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Skype™ to MajorasWrath1
View Posts: 1,934

Well Clock Town was definitely far more in depth, people not only were more interactive but the overlap between their schedules made for intricate and deep gameplay. I still liked TP's Hyrule Castle Town though, from its size and number of people you can talk to (not most, but there are still alot). One thing that bothers me is that, having beaten the game, I can't ever go back into the castle waterways. I don't remember the previous games having any major areas you were not allowed to return to.

I thought Kakariko Village was horrible, I was hoping for one like OoT's, which was one of my favorite places. It's not just dull and dusty, but there are fewer things you can do. I felt like Link was stuck in Bonanza.
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2008, 03:22 AM
Gerudo Thief

umm, how about the entire game since you end up before you fight the last boss MajoraWrath1.
That is one thing that bugs me is that Nintendo doesn't let you see peace time and the efforts of your work. All they have to do is make some sort of bonus to unlock the final fight to defeat over and over again if you are that desperate for another licking. Cmon, If you can design the WII then this feature is cakewalk. AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT IT! It's like they stuck their heads in the Stupid Retarded Machine instead of the Super Nintendo where they should go.

Nintendo has the attitude of a 10yrd about casual gamers. I thought the WII was designed for everybody so we should see games for all genres but I guess they mean everybody as in casual Wii Cooking Mama type games. That is all I have seen aside form SSBB which is only an enhanced Melee.

I am glad that if I ever get another system I am going to by an XBox 360 for Banjo Threeie since Rare's games are long and difficult.
I have almost all the rare games and if it weren't for them I am sure the N64 would be doomed but then we wouldn't get to the point of MM so go figure. I really how Rare focus on almost all areas of game play there are games which are tedious but some games really shine like BT and GoldenEye. Enough, Talk about Rare and back to Nintendo. At least Lake Hylia is pretty and I enjoy that area it's soo peaceful but it would have helped to have an entire Zora Community. (mellow)
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 18

yeah i agree
basically the only people you can talk to in castle town are a guy who likes dogs girls who like singing songs about jovani and some girls shake their buts when you talk to them outside the star minigame
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 68

While i liked the design of the towns, I agree that there should have been more to do in them. I liked the spin the western cowboy kinda spin the designers put on Kakariko, and remember, many of the residents of Kakariko were killed during the raid of the town. What really annoyed me was the graveyard. Again, i liked the new design; but come onnnnnn., there was no shadow temple of graves to fall into. i allmost cried when i found out that the zoras royal grave had covered the shadow temple. sniff

Are you this stupid every day, or only on the days that end with y?

80% of teens think anime is lame and kiddy, if your in the 20% who thinks otherwise, copy and paste this in your sig. I love anime and always will. You nee to be gifted to understand it

Tags
blah, towns