Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Ganon the King Australia Ganon the King is offline
Hylian Knight
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria
View Posts: 2,574
Re: The Incredible hype of TP and the dissapointment that came with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link Wolf View Post
Seriously, I don't see what you people think is so bad about TP. And most of the points that you come up with aren't even that major.

I loved TP. To me it delivered in every way. Maybe it's because I just like Zelda. Maybe it's just because it makes you immersed into the story in an epic world. Maybe it's just because it is plain fun. Sure, maybe it wasn't perfect. No game can be 'perfect'. But rather than sit around and complain about it I'd rather look for the good points. Which the good points outnumber the bad points. By a lot.

I think the Zelda series has come farther since the release of games like OoT and MM. It's developing nicely. Even if slowly, nicely. Think about it. When OoT was released, they didn't have as much of the technology as they havee today. Which means better graphics. I don't care about graphics, I care more about gameplay and storyline more. The storyline in TP was great. It takes you farther into it. More chances for stuff like character development and whatnot. In OoT the story wasn't as good in my opinion.

Sure, some things could have been better in TP. The only things that I can really say is that I wish the overworld was a tad bigger and that the areas were more open. The only other thing is that I wish Ganondorf and Zelda had more of a background story. But they replaced this with something different. Your partner's background story. This was far more important, as you spent much of your time in the game with her. And the things I listed above aren't that important to me. I'm not going to sit around and complain till the end of time that the game sucks. Rather, I'll hope that they get the series a little farther in the next game.

Now don't get me wrong, OoT was a great game. I loved it. But I also loved TP. People can have their opinions on how bad TP was, I just don't like how you people are going on and on about the same thing. As for me, I think it's more important to enjoy the game.

I agree with what you said. Except, it wouldn't have been hard for Nintendo to have gone "further" with towns, storyline and a new formula.

The towns in TP were pretty much just like OoT, just a little better I suppose. But that's OoT a N64 game. I think that's ridiculous that Nintendo didn't even try to get towns into their new game that were even half as good as MM's. I also have a problem with the realisticness of TP's overworld. I wanted to see different people riding their caravans to and from Castle Town from their villages. I wanted to see massive development and to see what really goes on in Hyrule for my own eyes - through NPC interaction. They tell you about this village, and that village and this and that. This is the sort of realistic world of Hyrule I wanted to see. Not another N64 representation with good graphics and other good add-ons.

I believe TP did evolve in many respects, but it just did another N64 in the sence of realisticness and towns.

I also think Zelda needed slightly more development - just to know where she really stands. You know?

Same for Ganondorf.

These will be my major concerns for the next Zelda. And if it delivers, it will be getting 10/10 for me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Link Wolf United_States Link Wolf is offline
Zora Warrior
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: I forgot.
View Posts: 336
Re: The Incredible hype of TP and the dissapointment that came with it.

I'm not sure about having people walking around on the overworld in caravans and stuff like that. I mean, the reason they DON'T go out is because of the monsters.

Were the towns in TP really that much like OoT's? I didn't think they were. Okay, so I guess the towns could have been a little livelier, maybe they'll do that in the next Zelda game.

The thing I want them to do in the next game the most is more character developement, too. Which they need to have good character developement for at least Zelda, Ganondorf, Link's partner, and people like Ilia. Those are really my only concerns for the next Zelda game.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Nathanial Rumphol-Janc Nathanial Rumphol-Janc is a male United States Nathanial Rumphol-Janc is offline
♥♥♥♥ My Life
Send a message via AIM to Nathanial Rumphol-Janc Send a message via Yahoo to Nathanial Rumphol-Janc
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin, USA
View Posts: 1,382
Re: The Incredible hype of TP and the dissapointment that came with it.

Wow, I appreciate well thought out arguements.

Here is the deal. The game was so hyped because of a few factors. One, a return to realistic graphics. That is something the most fans, even those that liked TWW, wanted to see. A return to OoT realistic graphics. Ok, it got it. Second reason it was hyped: It's Zelda. It's a flagship franchise. It got more hype then TWW because it had "adult" graphics and not cartoon style. If you remember, before when we only saw a demo trailer in realistic graphics for TWW, it was being hyped up as none other. Then we saw cel-shading, it got attention for a week, then people didn't care and just bashed it.

Thats why TP got hype, because honestly it's the "OOT SEQUEL" we had been screaming for.

Now, I can understand how you feel the game didn't live up to the hype and how things were unimaginative. However, I disagree. Midna is unimaginative? Link has had side kicks before. A rock, a fairie, just to name a few. Never once has the sidekick really had any significance to the overall story.

Enter Midna. First time where the sidekick had a real purpose in the world and was the driving force of hte storyline. Now, twilight realm can be named a rip off of the dark realm like in ALTTP, but I don't see it that way.

The Twilight realm is an alternate living space. It's not just "dark hyrule". Hell, Dark Hyrule was just the twilight realm INVADING hyrule, it wasn't the actual realm. Zant was just another Ganon puppet, which has been around sense Ganndorf in OoT.

The real point in it all? It lived up to the hype. Realisticly, it is everything OoT was and more. It lived to the hype. The only real dissapointment is Twilight Princess is everything we THOUGHT we wanted. Until we got it. Then we realized that honestly, we don't want anymore OoT games. We don't want anymore OoT style games because our minds are too bent to imagine a game doing it better then OoT.

It lived to the hype my friend. It really is better then OoT, we just realized throughout the game that TP was not really what we want in Zelda after all. We want something more, we want something different.

Guess what, Mr. M. knows this. thats why prelaunch he said this is the last zelda of it's type, presumably meaning the last zelda to follow the OoT mold. Good riddance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Mrs Ganondorf Norway Mrs Ganondorf is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Mrs Ganondorf
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: With Ganondorf
View Posts: 2,193
Re: The Incredible hype of TP and the dissapointment that came with it.

I have only just reached the final staairs before the final battle with Ganondorf. I look forward to it. For myself, and this is a thread where we all express our own subjective opinions, it has been an incredible journey and an enjoyable journey. The Twilight Princess was aesthetically satisfying, intellectually stimulating and had a very imaginative and compelling story line.

To me it wasn't much like OoT at all. Of course it will be because Link is still there, Zelda and Dorfie are still there, and Hyrule, Kakariko Village, Death Mountain and so on. But the twilight world and its curse was very elaborate. those colours that were like taken out of a dream or that appear in the moment waking breaks disturbs sleep. I wouldn't have expected Ganondorf to do something like that. Oh, right, Hyrule Castle surrounded by a big black cloud and skeletons roaming around Hyrule Field at night. Oot! But the curse of the twilight - beautiful!

For me TP was long enough, exciting enough and satisfying enough in all aspects. You can't expect much more from a disc that is small enough to cover your palm.

It would have been wonderful if the castle town could have been more populated, as well as Kakariko village and the hidden village, which had no residents whatsoever, except one lonely soul and a bunch of pussycats.

After a hype, follows always disappointment. Hype belongs to the world of commerce and it's business men's tool to sell their products. Had nobody listened to it or taken it with a pinch of salt and thought. "We'll see," less people would have been so disappointed. I don't fathom the disappointment myself. Miyamato is a great artist and he has created and recreated a character that will be alive in many people's memories. However, if they do create another Zelda game, I would like to see the Princess more involved, in respect of the game title itself, and more people around. One is tempted to think that there must be a lot of inbreeding going on there...

I like this debate and will keep reading on it.

Cheers from Ganondorf's spouse (Ganondorf is himself very satisfied with TP ;-) )
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Ti-Link Ti-Link is a male Ti-Link is offline
It inhales vigorously to apose me!
Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-Link

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Look behind you...
View Posts: 6,950
Re: The Incredible hype of TP and the dissapointment that came with it.

Really, I don't think there was anything wrong with TP other than the what looked like a really rushed through plot. Everything else was great to me!

I played it to just have played Zelda, and that I love them all! But I also played it to discover everything about it and what they could improve on in the next one.
Props to TP
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Sir Badger United_States Sir Badger is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
View Posts: 1
Re: The Incredible hype of TP and the dissapointment that came with it.

to those of you who keep whining about the problems in TP or any other game, you have to understand that no game is or will ever be absoutely PERFECT. every game WILL have problems with it, and that is because people have opinions. so go ahead, voice your opinion, but please dont complain an and on about it.
__________________
Saving the world is tough work, i need a waffle break... ....WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE ARE OUT OF WAFFLES? CURSE YOU GANNON!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-27-2007, 02:15 AM
Bit Bit is offline
Queen's English was good enough for Jesus Christ.
Join Date: Nov 2006
View Posts: 940
Re: The Incredible hype of TP and the dissapointment that came with it.

Quote:
Now that comment is just stupid. Because he doesn't like one Zelda game out of 13, he should stop buying Zelda games instead of voicing his opinion? You logic is mind-boggling! This is a Zelda message board, people are going to praise and complain about other Zelda games because they love them. If you don't like Wind Waker, but you love all the other games in the series, does that mean you should just stop buying the games instead of voicing you opinion?

Gee, I don't like tWW, TP, or tMC, but I love all the other games in the series. Perhaps, I should just stop posting here and stop buying Zelda games from here on. Seriously, that's like telling someone to just stop buying Final Fantasy games because they didn't like XII.
Jumping to conclusions? I said feel free.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-27-2007, 02:46 AM
Ganon the King Australia Ganon the King is offline
Hylian Knight
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria
View Posts: 2,574
Re: The Incredible hype of TP and the dissapointment that came with it.

I found CT to be very populated. The problem was when you went into the back alleys, there were doors that were just there and you couldn't open them or anything. If these doors were actual places you could go to I would have been more satisfied. Maybe a post office, an archery gallery and even a few homes. But anyway, I have almost finished my fifth playthrough of TP and I am still not bored of it. I find it to have great replay value and I really look forward to it. Either it's the cutscenes, fishing, a mini-boss, a boss, getting a weapon like the hero's bow or the spinner, collecting bugs, or just doing the Malo Mart quest, I always look forward to it. And I don't really think a shooting gallery or a few extra mini-games would have helped "replay value."

Though, there could have been a few major quests like the Anju and Kafie quest. Not the many many side-quests MM had, but another two or three major quests where you really have to solve some big problems for people. I think that would have been a great bonus. Sometimes I think that MM sets the perfect mood for Zelda, but I find that TP also sets the mood all Zeldas should have. The more rustic, woody, realistic, unflourishing, Twilightish feeling it has.

Anyway, I'm out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-27-2007, 04:37 AM
Glooma Glooma is offline
Hylian
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Like a Glove!
View Posts: 616
Re: The Incredible hype of TP and the dissapointment that came with it.

I really like TP at the moment and I don't think the hype for me anyways changed anything. It personally didn't effect me that much, I was just looking foward to the next Zelda game and that's about it. I suppose hype can sometimes end up taking something away from what's actually there but it depends on the person.

Sure it would of been nice if they had put more things to do and see in some of the locations etc but at the moment I'm not even thinking about those things and I'm just enjoying it for what it is. I can see both sides though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Mrs Ganondorf Norway Mrs Ganondorf is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Mrs Ganondorf
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: With Ganondorf
View Posts: 2,193
Re: The Incredible hype of TP and the dissapointment that came with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganon the King
The problem was when you went into the back alleys, there were doors that were just there and you couldn't open them or anything.
Spot on. That so annoyed me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganon the King
The more rustic, woody, realistic, unflourishing, Twilightish feeling it has.
That's the magic of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Badger
to those of you who keep whining about the problems in TP or any other game, you have to understand that no game is or will ever be absoutely PERFECT. every game WILL have problems with it,
Exactly. And those who feel it could have been improved upon and changed, they could always become game designers and make their own Zelda games and sell them. The game has a patent on it so that will be a problem, but more games, more fun!
Reply With Quote
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Kee Kee is a male Kee is offline
I'm not aware of my ways, but I'm willing to learn.
Join Date: Aug 2006
View Posts: 3,627
Re: The Incredible hype of TP and the dissapointment that came with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Badger View Post
to those of you who keep whining about the problems in TP or any other game, you have to understand that no game is or will ever be absoutely PERFECT. every game WILL have problems with it, and that is because people have opinions. so go ahead, voice your opinion, but please dont complain an and on about it.
This is a Zelda message board; people are going to complain. If some fans see a decline in the franchise, they are going to speak their mind. When you constantly see praise for a game that you did not like, you are going to keep speaking your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue fire View Post
Jumping to conclusions? I said feel free.
You were obviously implying that he just stop buying Zelda games if he is going to complain about Twilight Princess.
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Great White North Great White North is a male Prussia Great White North is offline
We are criminals!
Send a message via Skype™ to Great White North
Steam ID: Septemvile
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
View Posts: 4,554
Re: The Incredible hype of TP and the dissapointment that came with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganon the King View Post
I found CT to be very populated. The problem was when you went into the back alleys, there were doors that were just there and you couldn't open them or anything. If these doors were actual places you could go to I would have been more satisfied. Maybe a post office, an archery gallery and even a few homes. But anyway, I have almost finished my fifth playthrough of TP and I am still not bored of it. I find it to have great replay value and I really look forward to it. Either it's the cutscenes, fishing, a mini-boss, a boss, getting a weapon like the hero's bow or the spinner, collecting bugs, or just doing the Malo Mart quest, I always look forward to it. And I don't really think a shooting gallery or a few extra mini-games would have helped "replay value."

Though, there could have been a few major quests like the Anju and Kafie quest. Not the many many side-quests MM had, but another two or three major quests where you really have to solve some big problems for people. I think that would have been a great bonus. Sometimes I think that MM sets the perfect mood for Zelda, but I find that TP also sets the mood all Zeldas should have. The more rustic, woody, realistic, unflourishing, Twilightish feeling it has.

Anyway, I'm out.
Somehow, at the beginning of reading this thread. I totally hated you for bashing TP. I always considered it to be one of the best Zeldas ever made. Now, I agree with you, I had bought TP because it was the new OoT, the improved. But it was the mature feeling it gave you that I loved. I had always though Zelda to be great, but it was too kiddy, too happy. In MM, you had to complete side-quests to win, this one had side-quests that were not needed, but you wanted to finish them anyway. I also found a cynical pleasure in running around town as a wolf, the people reacted realistically. They didn't fight and attack you, then it would have been great.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lois Bujold
"Your Father calls you to His Court. You need not pack; you go garbed in glory where you stand. He waits eagerly by His palace doors to welcome you, and has prepared a place at His high table by His side, in the company of the great-souled, honoured, and best beloved."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dissapointment, hype, incredible


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -