Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-19-2007, 05:58 PM
If all else fails... BLOW THINGS UP
View Posts: 88
Re: Biggest "Wow, I'm an idiot!" moment: TP

in snow peak i fell into the water and lost a fairy(zora tunic)i thought this was a glitch and tried it again and again and got a game over.i'm am a idiot -_-

If you see me
Do not scream
Or I'll rip your toung out
by the seam.
-Zeld
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to MrSparkle
View Posts: 282
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by moblin boy View Post
By the time I got to the boss door in the Temple of Time, I realized that I did not have the Big Key.
This seems to be a common mistake...

If anyone thinks they were stupid to forget the boss key remember that many other did the same thing, myself being one of them...
Working on beating WW in 6:42 (all at once!). Current best time is 6:49.
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-20-2007, 07:12 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero_of_Courage View Post
Now, as for me, I missed the Big Key twice, without thinking about it untill I got the boss room. And for awhile, and every so often, I just couldn't stop jumping off edges for the life of me... Literally....
Anyways, how about you people?

(EDIT: ... I sure messed up... Just look at the title...
EDIT: Fixed, thanks Cloaked Mystery.)

I do that ALL the time! ! Then I have to go ALL the way to get it, lol.

The biggest idiot moment was in Snowpeak when I died from that ice creature who threw spears in the room with the three chandeliers overhead.
I was supposed to jump over the chandelier and EVERY SINGLE time I would get knocked down by that stupid ice thing.

Yep, that's about it.

Thanks to Altamira for the sweet sig pic and thanks to Josh for the awesome tag!
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Mogma
View Posts: 169

First in the Snowpeak Temple, I got stuck in one of the rooms very early on, until I finally realized that I had to put the cannonball in the slot to carry it to the other room (and I had spent about 30 minutes trying to throw the cannon ball through the window or over the door...LOL)
Secondly during the part where you have to find all pages of the book to get into the cannon that takes you the sky, it took me an hour to figure out you had to use the statues as a platform to jump onto the platform with the pages of the book, LOL I felt like an idiot.

I am now a part of the Din Clan!
My friends so far are:LinkdOOd110, Mini-Link, Midna the Twili ,Guy Westcott, Lurrrre!, ganondorfslave and adventurer.

If you want to be friends, PM me
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Kirbyfied
View Posts: 232

I seem to have lots of trouble reading maps:embrsd:

Couldn't find the entrance to Snowpeak cos I kept hanging around the top level of Zora's Domain. I'd completely forgotten about the block of ice at the bottom that I'd run past earlier during the Twilight part. Kept on headbutting the wall and wasting bombs trying to find the way

Trying to find the Owl statue in Faron Woods. The red spot was right over the place with the purple gas, and I got very pissed off and ended up rolling into the rock face right below the statue was. Took me a couple of sittings to figure out there was another entrance to the gas place from the lantern oil shop clearing -_-
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-20-2007, 10:45 AM
EternalSunshine EternalSunshine is a female Azerbaijan EternalSunshine is offline
STOP, whatchuuuu lookin' at?
View Posts: 641

A few rooms before the boss in Arbiters Grounds, I couldn't figure out which wall I had to latch onto with the spinner.

Also, I wore my Zora armour at Snowpeak, forgetting that the two didn't mix very well
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Anouki
Send a message via AIM to MISS LINK
View Posts: 59

I completely forgot about searching for the Big Key in the Temple of Time. I was in the middle of leading the statue back to its spot in front of the door in one of those first rooms. I was like "Oh shiz! I don't have the big key yet?!"

So, yeah I abandoned the statue for a bit to search for the key. Once I got it, I was like "Alright, i'm good." haha

-zeldaaa. msms.-
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 10

when racing against yeto for the first time i had some trouble figuring out the controls, but i noticed that link would squat when pressing A. so i figured that would make me go faster.
i raced countless hours without beating him before realising A was the brake.(or something like that, my memory is horrible)

i also dumped rediculous amounts of springwater on gorons

i wasted hours in the temple of time, because i wasnt used to attacking with x or y, so i couldnt find out the statue had an attack

when fighting ganon where you had to stand in front of him to stop him i got myself killed the first time, i never figured out you had to press a (i honestly believe my game was glitched back then though, since midna was giving like 7 different hints which made no sence, and by wasting so many hearts and fairies i should have been able to notice the A symbol at least once)
obviously, when you tried something a dozen times with no succes you change strategies, so i spent many hours on that part trying random stuff.
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Link the Zora Link the Zora is a male United States Link the Zora is offline
Trying to get a room in the Stock Pot Inn since 2000.
Steam ID: NEVER!!!

View Posts: 9,925

I spent like an hour fighting Ganondorf because I kept missing the "Chance" button and used up all but one of my recovery faries. I went from: "Okay, Let's fight because i'm soooo bored." to "WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE!?"
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-20-2007, 09:20 PM
When life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS.
Send a message via AIM to Hyperbadox
View Posts: 675

Did the whole thing with the Temple of Time--ascending the seven or so floors, and coming back down. Forgot the boss key on the top floor.

#51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Goron
View Posts: 168

Finally realized that you could switch OFF the pointer system in the menus! That allows you to aim your weapons in a more traditional style, using the Nunchuk control stick.
It also increases the battery life of the Wii remote, since the pointer is always active while you're playing the game!

Gameplay related, probably jumping into the lava while wearing Zora armor - not realizing it would take off all my hearts and fairies in one go! Not to mention missing a Big Key in a dungeon and having to start over from the beginning of the dungeon - following a walkthrough.
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-21-2007, 07:04 PM
ZU's OxyMORON
View Posts: 330

in City in the Sky, at the part where you are using the double clawshots to get around underneath the City, i passed right by the door, spent an hour going around in a circle looking for a point to it, spent another hour exploring the whole friggin dungeon looking for the next part of it, and punched myself in the head when I found the door.

Tags
biggest, moment, wow im an idiot