Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-26-2003, 10:03 PM
Moderator of Mystery
View Posts: 668
The Axed Wind Waker Dungeons: Possible Locations

After a quick observation of my Sea Chart in Wind Waker, a thought hit me; if Nintendo originally had more dungeons planned but cut them, which Great Sea locations would have held these?

I came to the conclusion that two more dungeons were planned, and were to be placed at Five Star Isles and Seven Star Isles. Here's my reasoning:

1) Both of these areas have no secret caves or treadable land. A quick fix for cut dungeons would be to add a few rocks which have no purpose.

2) The only other islands similar to each other are the triangle islands. All the other islands of Wind Waker are rather original, except for Seven Star Isles, Five Star Isles, and Star Belt Archipelego. Since little thought was put into these similar islands, I'm willing to believe these were used as quick-fixes to replace dungeon islands.

3) Notice that both of these islands have diagonal proximity to other dungeons: Dragon Roost Island and Forest Haven. Since Headstone and Gale Isle are close to places that can be warped to, I'm guessing that the other dungeons would be close to warpable areas as well.

4) Remember when you need to travel to Greatfish Isle at first right after Forest Haven? The only unexplorable regions at this time are on the outside rim of your chart, because they don't want you going back to Outset. Notice that the two Temples are on this off-limits rim. I'd also guess that any other dungeons would be on this rim, and Five-Star and Seven-Star isles are part of this border.

Anyway, I just posted this as something to consider. Interesting, eh?

Proud, patient, and wise Nayru clan member.
Follow the rules or suffer the wraith of the mods.
"It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence." - W.K. Clifford
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-26-2003, 11:07 PM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to NaviSlayer
View Posts: 42
Re: The Axed Wind Waker Dungeons: Possible Locations

Yeah. This could be TWW's tetraforce! Honestly, that makes sense. I purpose a few possible reasons for their exsistence
-They originally had less triforce pieces, and put them in dungeons, but decided that these dungeons weren't to cool and were to out of the storyline, so dumped the the triforce in the ocean
-thats actually all I have for now
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2003, 07:56 AM
I'm so unactive
Send a message via AIM to Yoshi
View Posts: 1,060

I actually think differently.

I believe thaat the Fire & Ice mountain places were actually temples, but they decided to cut them out. Plus, they already have items in there.

Currently Under Construction
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2003, 11:11 AM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,002

There were gonna be dungeons on Fire Mountain and Ice Ring Isle, but were never put in the game.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2003, 11:36 AM
Fab Emblem
View Posts: 12,180

Heh, if Nintendo only could re-release The Wind Waker with added dungeons (you could trade your old TWW in and get the new version for it)... Gah, a dream, far away.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2003, 04:01 PM
Sass Talking Robot
View Posts: 437

Interesting... I never thought of it that way. Although, if you look in the night sky, you can see the stars that match those shapes. These are real constellations (Orion, Casiopea, and the Big Dipper) and they are the only real constellations in the sky. Maybe you were meant to enter those temples only when those stars were in the sky.

"Grapefruits give me heartburn." -Gleeok
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2003, 11:00 AM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to Goronitis
View Posts: 63

I think Greatfish Isle was going to be a dungeon, because its only there for a cutscene and a Piece of Heart, and one of the dungeons that was cut was going to be the one where you get the pearl from Jabun. I think maybe the other one was going to have the whole Triforce of Courage, and instead of it being in pieces it just left the Hero of Time and ended up at the end of this dungeon. Shame they're gone. Oh well at least their going in the next game so they're not completely lost.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2003, 12:06 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,002

My theory is that Greatfish Isle was gonna be another dungeon where you recieved the third pearl, and that Fire Mountain and Ice Ring Isle were going to be 2 more dungeons where you had to awaken two more sages.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-06-2004, 06:38 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 30

Yeah i definatly agree with the third pearl dungeon, it was a real shame that they cut it because i was looking forward to a water based dungeon because prior there was a fire and forest temple..i thought it was a given that they would of added a water one..o well it was sort of challenging getting to jabun...ok not really
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-06-2004, 09:45 AM
Previously lord-of-shadow
Send a message via AIM to Max Nichols
View Posts: 8,088

I am fairly sure the Fire and Ice islands would have been Sage dungeons, so they could represent the four elements of Ice/Water, Fire, Earth, and Wind.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 77

What about those so-many eyed reef there too many for them to be dungeons but is there any real point to them. I like William Zelda4ever's idea if I was in-charge of nintendo thing would be different
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-06-2004, 05:02 PM
May those who accept their fate be granted happiness...
Send a message via Skype™ to John
View Posts: 22,080

Quote:
What about those so-many eyed reef there too many for them to be dungeons but is there any real point to them. I like William Zelda4ever's idea if I was in-charge of nintendo thing would be different
Oh really, You try creating original dungeons that are easy enough for the younger players (which is who TWW was aimed at.) and then programing them all, debugging and then releasing it on time so that you don't get riots asking for your blood... Nintendo has a hard job to do but no one seems to realise it... they all just want more games that are better then the ones before, and they want them all yesterday. Why is it that no one expects this of Sony or Microsoft? meh I'm offtopic. I don't know what Nintendo would have had for dungeons... you do have some good evidence but not quite enough... if a character mentioned them as being connected with the sages or something... then I would agree. Meh good work for noticing all that though.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-07-2004, 01:57 AM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via ICQ to Flibbenworten Send a message via AIM to Flibbenworten
View Posts: 14

I support the Real Link's Theory with the Fire Mountain and Ice Ring Isle containing two more sages. If you think about it, the four main elements used in fantasy gaming are Fire, Wind, Earth, and Water/Ice.

Wind Waker has two temples: Wind and Earth, leaving the Fire and Water/Ice elements to be left in the dust. However, there is a Fire Mountain and Ice Ring Isle, which would have contained the two left out elements. Why the hell did Nintendo cut out the Fire and Water/Ice temples, the two most colourful elements in fantasy gaming as we know it? A missed deadline? Or perhaps the two pearls (Din and Nayru's) were acting as Fire and Water/Ice treasures?

Other than those two things, there is no reasonable explanation for it. All I can say is that they'd better make the second GameCube game better than this.

EDIT: LOL, I just noticed someone posted this already. I'm a retard. Wow, I posted it just like them, just longer. Hrmm, strange.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-07-2004, 06:54 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 46

More dungeons in tWW??? Would have been awesome.. Game is too easy imho. But were was it mentioned that there WERE dungeons???????
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-07-2004, 03:34 PM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to jmunkymunk
View Posts: 414

i think that definately one of the dungeons was in jabun. you probably met him on greatfish isle though. cause if you think about it, it just seems weird why he goes hiding in a hole on outset,i mean it`s not linked to anything,cause it`s just a quick way of changing the storyline. and also there was probably another dungeon to do with water.iit definately isn`t the fire and ice mountains or the star isles.because we know one of the dungeons was to get the pearl from jabun.and the other dungeon would be later on in the game,so you can see it isn`t any of the other islands.and also the makers of the game said there were 2 dungeons not in the game.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Moderator of Mystery

I never thought about Fire Mountain and Ice Ring Isle being dungeons, actually. When I was thinking about which islands could have held dungeons, I searched for islands with no purpose. However, the idea of Fire, Ice, Wind, and Earth works much better than my idea of just axing two dungeons and putting in useless islands.

And the third pearl's purpose was to have you explore most of the Great Sea, so I don't see TOO much of a dungeon potential there, though the possibility still exists.

"It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence." - W.K. Clifford
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2004, 04:43 AM
Hubba Bubba Nightmare
View Posts: 1,272

If they could put more into the game they would have made Fire mountain and Ice Ring Isle dungeons. Then they would have had to put 2 new items. Into the games. And where to use them.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via AIM to btrain
View Posts: 11

i woudn't want to see a fire/ice dugeon as you all are agreeing on...i mean wasnt dragon roost a fire dungeon? and ice just would have been stupid...also, can you name another TWO characters that coulda been sages? cuz i sure can't..you could say anybody really, but NO ONE has any other instruments...
i could see the location of these axed dungeons being far east/west as the other two are far north/south. i dont think another two would have fit the story...plus you would need 2 new weapons as well...(i would be pretty enraged if i had to go and quest for the stupid power bracelets/iron boots) ...
2 more weapons means 2 more bosses...which means 2 more bosses at the end of the game...nah i dont see it fitting.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Moderator of Mystery

Quote:
nah i dont see it fitting
But you don't know at exactly which point in the planning stage that the dungeons were removed. If the "dungeon-chopping" was done early enough during the design and/or development, they could have made numerous changes which wouldn't have resembled their original plans.

Also, how do you know for sure that the other two dungeons need sages? Perhaps the dungeons were going to be for other purposes.

#20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2004, 11:07 PM
penis
View Posts: 1,438

Quote:
Originally posted by btrain
i woudn't want to see a fire/ice dugeon as you all are agreeing on...i mean wasnt dragon roost a fire dungeon? and ice just would have been stupid...also, can you name another TWO characters that coulda been sages? cuz i sure can't..you could say anybody really, but NO ONE has any other instruments...
i could see the location of these axed dungeons being far east/west as the other two are far north/south. i dont think another two would have fit the story...plus you would need 2 new weapons as well...(i would be pretty enraged if i had to go and quest for the stupid power bracelets/iron boots) ...
2 more weapons means 2 more bosses...which means 2 more bosses at the end of the game...nah i dont see it fitting.
Well isn't the purpose of Zelda is to have a lot of good dungeons to play in and places to explore and bosses to fight? I don't know why anybody would not want to play the game a bit longer and get a lot more than there moneys worth. I thought when I was playing the game that those places could have been dungeons. It would be cool. I guess you could count Ganon's Fortress a dungeon. Well the more the merrier. They were probably going to make the great fish isle an island with a dungeon but instead they cut that out too.

Tags
axed, dungeons, locations, waker, wind