Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ

Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Tribunal Lord of Wisdom
View Posts: 495
Re: Could the Hero's Shade be old Link?

I strongly believe that the Hero's Shade is in fact the Hero of Time.

Aside from the fact that he says that the moves he teaches you can only be learned by the Hero, I have read these forums and I do not believe that anyone has mentioned the following evidence.

This is a direct quote from the Hero's Shade, the last time you meet him; this is not a paraphrase:

"Although I accepted life as the Hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after. At last, I have eased my regets."

In my opinion, this is indisputable evidence to support my theory.
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Vermilion Broken
View Posts: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo675 View Post
Assumptions is all this is, for and against. There isnt an answer, or if there is Nintendo will never give it to us. Were just all nerds!
assumptions on your part, which I denounce as being nothing more than that on mine.
if it's all assumptions then don't post anymore on the topic since, it being all assumptions, you can never deduce any real conclusion from it.
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Tribunal Power Tribunal Power is a male United States Tribunal Power is offline
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to Tribunal Power Send a message via Yahoo to Tribunal Power
View Posts: 312

Quote:
Assumptions is all this is, for and against. There isnt an answer, or if there is Nintendo will never give it to us. Were just all nerds!
Seriously. Nintendo never even thinks about these things. We think about this stuff way more than any of the game producers do. All of the theories and such that are adressed on these forums are completely made up by one person or another, and may or may not be true because there is no real answer.

I myself believe it is, in fact, the Hero of Time's spirit. The paragraph he says to you after you learn the last technique makes it somewhat appearant, in my view. A friend of mine should be posting that quote sometime soon-- if not, I'll put it up when I can get it from him. We wrote it down the other day.

Top 10 Greatest Games Ever Made (and the Runner Up!)
Sathis Hlaalu, Mathias Blackharrow,
Acthaiyne Sleavuunsu, Charles Demont
MV Maru Harvuson and the NNR Harkonav
RP Cartography
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2007, 04:43 PM
You must be interested in me.
Send a message via AIM to Bingo
Steam ID: Bingo675
View Posts: 3,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Shukumei View Post
assumptions on your part, which I denounce as being nothing more than that on mine.
if it's all assumptions then don't post anymore on the topic since, it being all assumptions, you can never deduce any real conclusion from it.
Lol, if thats true they might as well just shut down this whole site! None of its real anyway! And theres never gonna be any answers!
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Vermilion Broken

there will be answers if you calm yourself down, and ask the right people.
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Shukumei View Post
there will be answers if you calm yourself down, and ask the right people.
Lol, nintendo? They havnt made up any of this.
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to Tribunal Power Send a message via Yahoo to Tribunal Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sear1089 View Post
I strongly believe that the Hero's Shade is in fact the Hero of Time.

Aside from the fact that he says that the moves he teaches you can only be learned by the Hero, I have read these forums and I do not believe that anyone has mentioned the following evidence.

This is a direct quote from the Hero's Shade, the last time you meet him; this is not a paraphrase:

"Although I accepted life as the Hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after. At last, I have eased my regets."

In my opinion, this is indisputable evidence to support my theory.
Ah, there's the evidence I was waiting for him to post.

This is exactly what I was talking about in my reference before. I think this is pretty clear evidence that the Hero's Shade is, in fact, the Hero of Time. He states that he has passed on the torch, so to speak ("I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after. At last, I have eased my regrets."). Furthermore, he says he "accepted life as the Hero". What other the Hero is there?

This all seems pretty rock-solid to me. It's a good, steadfast theory based on hard-hitting in-game evidence.

RP Cartography
  #88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyried the Dark View Post
Ah, there's the evidence I was waiting for him to post.

This is exactly what I was talking about in my reference before. I think this is pretty clear evidence that the Hero's Shade is, in fact, the Hero of Time. He states that he has passed on the torch, so to speak ("I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after. At last, I have eased my regrets."). Furthermore, he says he "accepted life as the Hero". What other the Hero is there?

This all seems pretty rock-solid to me. It's a good, steadfast theory based on hard-hitting in-game evidence.
Sick, I didnt even remember that stuff.
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Zora Warrior

Quote:
Sick, I didnt even remember that stuff.
Yeah, I just beat it the other day, and Sear1089 was with me. He wrote the quote down right away, and told me not to keep going until he was finished so he could be sure it was verbatim. But I think it's the best evidence for the case, and it's pretty straightforward.

RP Cartography
  #90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I just beat it the other day, and Sear1089 was with me. He wrote the quote down right away, and told me not to keep going until he was finished so he could be sure it was verbatim. But I think it's the best evidence for the case, and it's pretty straightforward.
Sure is. Btw, welcome to ZU!
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to sonataofstorms
View Posts: 119

Funny thing is, I'm not entirely sure Twilight Princess is in the same universe as Ocarina of Time now. If you notice, there are some things missing from Twilight Princess that are in Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker... like the bomb flowers for example. There is no such thin in Twilight Princess... How could such a thing dissappear, something that grows in one particular area, over a few hundred years, then reaappeear?
There are other inconsitencies... it doesn't really even mention the "hero of time" and ganon doesn't seem to recall fighting a Link rom before, nor does he see the master sword as a threat, things that DID occur in Wind Waker.

Also, "life as The Hero" can be taken many ways. he doesn't give himself a title... hedoesn't reference the other link as being similar to himself in any way, he just says he is passing these lessons to him, so he can finally move on. Another thing, no Link ever goes into extended speeches, so why would he after he's dead? And being the legendary Hero is reborn over and over, he can't be uin multipe places at once.

Please excuse my typing, I have been drinking!

Also, the real truth behind all of this is.... I am in fact the Skeleton Mentor!
Mystery solved! Sorry for the inconvenience!
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonataofstorms View Post
Funny thing is, I'm not entirely sure Twilight Princess is in the same universe as Ocarina of Time now. If you notice, there are some things missing from Twilight Princess that are in Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker... like the bomb flowers for example. There is no such thin in Twilight Princess... How could such a thing dissappear, something that grows in one particular area, over a few hundred years, then reaappeear?
There are other inconsitencies... it doesn't really even mention the "hero of time" and ganon doesn't seem to recall fighting a Link rom before, nor does he see the master sword as a threat, things that DID occur in Wind Waker.

Also, "life as The Hero" can be taken many ways. he doesn't give himself a title... hedoesn't reference the other link as being similar to himself in any way, he just says he is passing these lessons to him, so he can finally move on. Another thing, no Link ever goes into extended speeches, so why would he after he's dead? And being the legendary Hero is reborn over and over, he can't be uin multipe places at once.

Please excuse my typing, I have been drinking!

Also, the real truth behind all of this is.... I am in fact the Skeleton Mentor!
Mystery solved! Sorry for the inconvenience!
Lol, yea Mr. Tipsy.

I think the bombflower thing is looking a bit too close. I mean, if you want to be specific, we didnt exactly charter all of death mountain in TP.
And the thing with Ganondorf, hes supposed to just be returning his same nieve, conceded with power self, except this time with a vengeance.
  #93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Vermilion Broken

That is a big inconsistency,
one that doesn't have any other explanation other than that, this isn't the same universe.
Or Ganondorf never gained the ToP in OoT and never fought adult Link.
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2007, 11:33 PM
Zora Warrior

Quote:
Sure is. Btw, welcome to ZU!
xD Thanks, but I've been on for a whlie. I just don't post much.

And anyway, to adress what Sonata of Storms wrote, I understand that you disagree with my theory, and there's not much I can do. However, when you said that Link is 'reborn', it struck a chord with me.

I don't think Link is reborn again and again, like some kind of reincarnation. There's really nothing in any of the games that even remotely suggests so. There is, however, a few subtle hints that they are all (with the exception of WW Link) of the same lineage. Writing a geniology is difficult, however, becuase everybody has different ideas of the game order. Still, however, I believe that all of the skills of the Legendary Hero are reborn-- but not reincarnated. They pass down through the line, from Link on to his son, and then to his son, anon.

Granted, this does raise some other questions. There are a lot of theories about which girl the Links ultimately choose, and I don't think there's much evidence to support any one thing over the other. One would be inclined to say it is consistantly Zelda that Link marries, but that makes a limited amount of sense in contrast with my theories, and beyond that, there's little more to suggest that Link and Zelda pair up than there is for Link and any other of his various female companions.

Given my Theory of Lineage, it would seem to me that OoT Link eventually returned to Hyrule and married Malon, whereby keeping Epona's bloodline as well as the family business (farming and ranching) in the family. Eventually, a generation or two later, Link's descendant gave birth to TP Link, and around that same time, the next Epona was born. TP Link therefore inherits all of his ancestor's abilities, as is the will of the Goddesses, and uses them as They see fit.

After OoT Link dealt with MM and the like, I believe he returned to Hyrule and began life with Malon*. Unfortunately, however, the Legendary Hero does not see the birth of the next Hero in his lifetime, so his spirit remains alive until TP Link is born. When TP Link realizes his destiny, the Legendary Hero of Time tudors him in the only way he can-- from beyond the grave.

*NOTE: I believe he settles with Malon because if he had settled with Zelda, his descendants would have been members of the Royal Family, and therefore would certainly not have been ranchers. Besides this, when TP Link first meets TP Zelda, they do not know each other. If Link were a member of the Royal Family, not only would Zelda know him well, but she would also be related to him. This makes little sense to me, as I believe after TP, Link and Zelda marry, and eventually give birth to Tetra (WW), and not WW Link. This is why WW Link has "no connection to the legendary hero".

*Huff* Okay, I'm done typing now. ~.~

RP Cartography
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2007, 12:22 AM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to sonataofstorms
View Posts: 119

Quote:

And anyway, to adress what Sonata of Storms wrote, I understand that you disagree with my theory, and there's not much I can do. However, when you said that Link is 'reborn', it struck a chord with me...
Yeah, I don't think it is Ocarina of Time Link, but in all honesty, it really doesn't much matter, haha.

I don't really recall anything talking about Link having any children or anything, I just always inferred through certain phrases used in the games that Link comes back over and over. To me personally, it makes sense to me and I like the idea of it. Maybe that's how it is, maybe it isn't.

No big deal really
  #96 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:

And anyway, to adress what Sonata of Storms wrote, I understand that you disagree with my theory, and there's not much I can do. However, when you said that Link is 'reborn', it struck a chord with me.

I don't think Link is reborn again and again, like some kind of reincarnation. There's really nothing in any of the games that even remotely suggests so. There is, however, a few subtle hints that they are all (with the exception of WW Link) of the same lineage. Writing a geniology is difficult, however, becuase everybody has different ideas of the game order. Still, however, I believe that all of the skills of the Legendary Hero are reborn-- but not reincarnated. They pass down through the line, from Link on to his son, and then to his son, anon.

Granted, this does raise some other questions. There are a lot of theories about which girl the Links ultimately choose, and I don't think there's much evidence to support any one thing over the other. One would be inclined to say it is consistantly Zelda that Link marries, but that makes a limited amount of sense in contrast with my theories, and beyond that, there's little more to suggest that Link and Zelda pair up than there is for Link and any other of his various female companions.

Given my Theory of Lineage, it would seem to me that OoT Link eventually returned to Hyrule and married Malon, whereby keeping Epona's bloodline as well as the family business (farming and ranching) in the family. Eventually, a generation or two later, Link's descendant gave birth to TP Link, and around that same time, the next Epona was born. TP Link therefore inherits all of his ancestor's abilities, as is the will of the Goddesses, and uses them as They see fit.

After OoT Link dealt with MM and the like, I believe he returned to Hyrule and began life with Malon*. Unfortunately, however, the Legendary Hero does not see the birth of the next Hero in his lifetime, so his spirit remains alive until TP Link is born. When TP Link realizes his destiny, the Legendary Hero of Time tudors him in the only way he can-- from beyond the grave.

*NOTE: I believe he settles with Malon because if he had settled with Zelda, his descendants would have been members of the Royal Family, and therefore would certainly not have been ranchers. Besides this, when TP Link first meets TP Zelda, they do not know each other. If Link were a member of the Royal Family, not only would Zelda know him well, but she would also be related to him. This makes little sense to me, as I believe after TP, Link and Zelda marry, and eventually give birth to Tetra (WW), and not WW Link. This is why WW Link has "no connection to the legendary hero".

*Huff* Okay, I'm done typing now. ~.~

Lol, nice job typing a freaking book on the subject!

Yes, that does make sense. And I do agree with the whole Link-Malon thing. It makes sense, always had made sense, always will make sense. They were obviously meant to be together. And they also hinted at that in TP, as you said, having Link be a rancher in the beginning.
  #97 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2007, 06:40 PM
ZU's OxyMORON
View Posts: 330

Quote:
I forget what he said, but when you earn the last move from the hero's shade in TP, he says something that led me to think he was supposed to be Link from the n64 (OoT and MM). The fact that he teaches you all the things form the older games is also very suspicious. Post your ideas here.
Definitely. So much evidence. I think that its awesome that theres such a huge link between TP and OoT.

!~Hurricane
  #98 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Vermilion Broken

except for that part where the writers decided not to give Link any deep relationships.
guess you forgot about that.
the Links are not related through blood they even made a statement on this awhile back.

the creators have also stated that they design each game as if it were it's own seperate story, not connected in any real way but sharing chars and easter eggs strewn about.
they do however supposedly have a mystery document outlining how they are all connected.
but a mcguffin is usually just nothing at all.
  #99 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneSpin23 View Post
Definitely. So much evidence. I think that its awesome that theres such a huge link between TP and OoT.

!~Hurricane
There really isnt though...it was dissappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Shukumei
except for that part where the writers decided not to give Link any deep relationships.
guess you forgot about that.
the Links are not related through blood they even made a statement on this awhile back.

the creators have also stated that they design each game as if it were it's own seperate story, not connected in any real way but sharing chars and easter eggs strewn about.
they do however supposedly have a mystery document outlining how they are all connected.
but a mcguffin is usually just nothing at all.
When was this interview?
And quit being such a know-it-all. Cuz you certainly dont.
  #100 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Vermilion Broken

Quote:
There really isnt though...it was dissappointing.

When was this interview?
And quit being such a know-it-all. Cuz you certainly dont.

it wasn't just one, it's many excerpts over a long length of time,
and who are you to tell me to quit being anything.
Stop trying to insult me, it will just get you in trouble.

Tags
hero, link, shade