Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Pokémaniac
View Posts: 269
Poe Souls

Ok, I managed to play through TP first time around and I got 59 Poe souls in doing so. I looked everywhere for number 60, and I checked guide after guide, rechecked every location, but alas no joy. Unfortunately that file can never be complete (for reasons I'll state below), but I'm on my second go through the game now (just finished Arbiter's Grounds) with 32 souls, and I noticed something interesting.

Poes exist in caves etc. all the time, but they only appear outside in the overworld at night (as far as I'm aware). So when I was in the Gerudo Desert I engaged a Poe in combat just as dawn was approaching. Now those sand creatures were taking my Z-targeting away from the Poe so I lost a good few hearts to his scythe, and by the time I had him on the ground exposing his soul the sun was very much in the sky. Naturally I clicked "Finish", but the second I pulled it's soul out the Poe disappeared (along with the soul) and I got no recognition of the capture. I personally think this is due to the fact that they don't eist in the daytime, but I still think that's a serious error if it can happen twice. I reset of course, and I didn't let it happen again, but has this happened to anyone else...?

What do you think of the Poe concept as a whole?

We need Dinozord power, now!
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Twili
Send a message via AIM to arenas46 Send a message via Skype™ to arenas46
View Posts: 419
Re: Poe Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler View Post
Ok, I managed to play through TP first time around and I got 59 Poe souls in doing so. I looked everywhere for number 60, and I checked guide after guide, rechecked every location, but alas no joy. Unfortunately that file can never be complete (for reasons I'll state below), but I'm on my second go through the game now (just finished Arbiter's Grounds) with 32 souls, and I noticed something interesting.

Poes exist in caves etc. all the time, but they only appear outside in the overworld at night (as far as I'm aware). So when I was in the Gerudo Desert I engaged a Poe in combat just as dawn was approaching. Now those sand creatures were taking my Z-targeting away from the Poe so I lost a good few hearts to his scythe, and by the time I had him on the ground exposing his soul the sun was very much in the sky. Naturally I clicked "Finish", but the second I pulled it's soul out the Poe disappeared (along with the soul) and I got no recognition of the capture. I personally think this is due to the fact that they don't eist in the daytime, but I still think that's a serious error if it can happen twice. I reset of course, and I didn't let it happen again, but has this happened to anyone else...?

What do you think of the Poe concept as a whole?
I'm in the EXACT same situation with 59 souls. I can't seem to find the last. I love the concept though. They look so cool being soo little and having those huge scythes. Also the sound they make when your ripping out their souls in like blood curdling... very cool

-ouch-
Zelda games beaten: LoZ, AoL, LttP, LA (oh i hated that one), Oot, Oot MQ, MM, OoS, WW, FSA, TMC

after these i have TP(working on), PH, LttP: 4 swords, and OoA

my sig WAS here unchanged until it got erased and replaced with the staff notice that it was too long.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Theorist of two sides
View Posts: 8,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by arenas46 View Post
I'm in the EXACT same situation with 59 souls. I can't seem to find the last. I love the concept though. They look so cool being soo little and having those huge scythes. Also the sound they make when your ripping out their souls in like blood curdling... very cool
Try that 50 level pit in Gerudo desert. It has a poe.

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv
You see, Pine, you and I - we're the superheroes of ZU.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Pokémaniac
View Posts: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by arenas46 View Post
It's nice to be able to finish them off as a wolf anyway... I could've sworn I used the *Finish* move on a regular enemy as the wolf, but I can't remember when or where... Or even what for that matter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove View Post
Try that 50 level pit in Gerudo desert. It has a poe.
That's the thing you see, I've seemingly killed all of them but because of that hitch with the sunrise that save file will never restore the Poe because it registers me having killed it, yet I didn't get the soul because the Poe shouldn't have been out there... It's a vicious cycle...

We need Dinozord power, now!
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via Skype™ to ERROR372
View Posts: 1,499

I have not had that glitch occur on me, because I always get my prey before sunrise. I'll list a few places I missed many, many times:

1: at night push the grave in Kakariko village (the one with flowers)
2: Lake Hylia, play flight by fowl and go underneath the flight by fowl building. (Platform with chicken and Poe)
3: also I had only one more poe to go. I searched everywhere, and I found it in Kakariko village. I found it among the destroyed building rubble. The strange part about this is that I already got that poe. And it appeared a second time.

Locations + Amount:

Ordon Village - entrance to Hyrule field= 1 Poe
Sacred Grove= 5 Poes

Enter the Sacred Grove by using the golden chicken. Go straight to the next room. This room has three different passages. Take the one on the right. Go to the other side of the room. Go through the entrance. This room has a Poe in it. You have to go through the water. There is a water fall, go past the waterfall, and climb out of the water. Climb up and engage the Poe.

South Hyrule Field= 1 Poe
Kakariko Gorge= 2 Poes
Kakariko Village= 4 Poes
Death Mountain= 1 Poe
East Hyrule Field (Bridge of Eldin) = 0 Poes
Hidden Village= 1 Poe
North Hyrule Field= 3 Poes
Zora's Domain= 2 Poes
Upper Zora River (area with Hena's fishing, and Iza's boat rental) = 1 Poe
Snowpeak= 8 Poes
East Hyrule Field= 1 Poe
Lake Hylia= 11 Poes
Gerudo Desert= 15 Poes
Hyrule Western Bridge= 1 Poe
Hyrule South Bridge (area where you find the eye statue) = 1 Poe
Hyrule Town= 1 Poe

Hope this helped anyone stuck with poe trouble!

Hey guys sorry about this post, but I am unsure how to place spoiler tags into posts. But by the way, as Butler said, the guides seem not to mention any 60th poe. That is because, the guides don't mention the poe in the Sacred Grove, as mentioned in my last post! If you guys would like a list or map of the exact location of all the poes don't be afraid to ask. I'll give it to you.

Edit: The great William Zelda4ever has done it for you!
Last Edited by ich Will; 02-03-2007 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-03-2007, 01:31 PM
The Bladeforger The Bladeforger is a male England The Bladeforger is offline
Has NEVER changed his username.
Send a message via AIM to The Bladeforger
View Posts: 1,090

Next time use the edit button, and its [spoiler*] <---beginning [/spoiler] <--- End but take out the "*" you guys have a lot of poes i have like 35, but i'm not really looking for them even though they are the last thing i need to do to complete the game. You got the spoiler thing right but you put [ spoiler] instead of [spoiler]
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bladeforger View Post
Next time use the edit button, and its [spoiler*] <---beginning [/spoiler] <--- End but take out the "*" you guys have a lot of poes i have like 35, but i'm not really looking for them even though they are the last thing i need to do to complete the game. You got the spoiler thing right but you put [ spoiler] instead of [spoiler]

Thanks so much Bladeforger, I appreciate it. I got the spoiler tags from another forum on spoiler posting. But... I did what you did. I just went through the game not worrying about poe souls. When I reached the last level, I had about 40 poe souls. Don't worry about poe souls, until the last level: Hyrule Castle
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Map Site + some extra info

I'll give you a sight to a pull out map of the guide book.

http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=...7625568&size=l

It's not the best but I can give a little information you cannot see on the map, due to it's partial blurriness.

Forest Temple: 0 poes
Goron Mines: 0 poes
Lakebed Temple: 0 poes
Arbiter's Grounds: 4 poes
Temple of Time: 2 poes
Snowpeak Mansion: 3 poes
City in the Sky: 2 poes

Lake Hylia lantern cavern: 3 poes
Gerudo Mesa dig cavern: 2 poes
Cave of Ordeals: 3 poes
Dig Cavern in North Hyrule Field: 2 poes

This is some of the info I can give. The rest depends on the map, and how well you can decipher it.

Tags
poe, souls