Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 11:32 AM
WHO ATE ALL THE COOKIES!?!?!?
View Posts: 66
What did Greatfish Island look like before?

Ever wander what Greatfish Island looked like before? I always wandered that. Like was it some top tonch island fulled with riches? Or was it some put down island like it is in the Wind Waker. Were there people living on the island, and who was it? What crest top of a mountian was it down in Hyrule??
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 12:12 PM
The Waiter
View Posts: 572
Re: What did Greatfish Island look like before?

What it was I dunno. Myself I think fishermen (because of the boats and houses) or maybe zora's. What I do know for sure is that is was meant to have a bigger role, instead of only talking to the Rito postman.

Too bad it was that rushed.. I really would like to know the story behind that island, it fasinated me from the first moment I saw it..
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 03:47 PM

some people say that it was the home of all the fishermen on Woodfall. think that's true?
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 17

^ I never heard that, but it sounds plausible that the Fishermen would come from one specific island, or one that is fishermen-themed. I mean, it was the home of the fish guy.. argh, what was his name?! Jabu or something? Fish in a fishing-themed town.

If it was fishing-themed, I hardly think it would be filled with riches. I think Woodfall was supposed to be the most prosperous island, cause of that rich guy... I'm forgetting all their names...

As for what peak it was - that's quite interesting but I don't think it would make much difference. I mean, Wind Waker's geography doesn't match prior Hyrule ones very much - most of Hyrule Field was pretty plain but there are islands in the middle of the map. But then, things change in 100s of years.

I wish we could have some idea of the island's shape before it was destroyed. All we can do is use our imaginations... Or analyze the remains and make educated guesses.

And yes, rushing that was a real shame. The Great Sea has too few inhabited islands as it is. And interacting with NPC's is one of the greatest elements of the series. Shame, shame.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 196

wasn't jabu jabu that big scary whale with the funny teeth and a zora princess in him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N64
Okay, you can put "Adopted by N64" in your sig.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Deku Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
wasn't jabu jabu that big scary whale with the funny teeth and a zora princess in him?
Yup. In OoT he was. It's also the name of the big blue round-looking fish with a lantern in his head in The Wind Waker that gives you the pearl... I'm assuming you played TWW...
They may even be the same being.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 76

Jabun was the whale in TWW.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 06:33 PM

and Jabu was in OoT maybe, Jabun is a cosin of some sort of Jabu.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-29-2006, 03:42 AM
Deku Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrr_eyz_Koriki View Post
and Jabu was in OoT maybe, Jabun is a cosin of some sort of Jabu.
Aha! Jabun. Thanks, I keep forgetting names.
Jabu Jabu and Jabun are different, but they have the same kind of role. As in, they're both kind of guardian thingies... anyway, I don't think they're cousins or related like that, but maybe Jabun is Jabu Jabu's reincarnation. Or something. Like the Great Deku Tree and the Deku Tree Sprout in OoT.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-29-2006, 11:33 AM

maybe. but i still wonder if GreatFish was ever a rich island. who lived there and not. why there a dungeon on there, and how would u ever get to it. What ever did happen to the Deku Sprout in OoT?
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Deku Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrr_eyz_Koriki View Post
maybe. but i still wonder if GreatFish was ever a rich island. who lived there and not. why there a dungeon on there, and how would u ever get to it. What ever did happen to the Deku Sprout in OoT?
There's a dungeon in Great Fish Isle? Not as far as I know.. just a Goron and a treasure chest... and a raft.. and a boat...
You get to the chest by using the leaf thing... wait, that's not it...

The Deku Tree Sprout grew and grew until it became this weird tree with a big chin that resides in the Forest Haven. Seriously, it probably is the same tree. If you recall, the first time you talk to him, he mistook you for the Hero of Time and speaks Hylian to you - so he probably knew OoT Link at first sight. It also makes sense that he'd grow so much in a couple of hundred years.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-29-2006, 12:02 PM
View Posts: 172

I think that the Zora orginally were intended to inhabit the Greatfish Isle, considering Jabun is essentially a great (large) fish, and would be more than likely the guardian of the Zora. I am pretty sure this is right because the pearl has the Zora symbol on it.

I think it was intended to have the whole 3 stones/pearls in a woodland, fire cave and water based place, in TWW same as the first 3 dungeons in OoT to get the stones.

Only problem is that they made the Rito to replace the Goron, as Goron are pretty much stuffed when it comes to water travel, except for rafts. Zora can swim and Koroks transformed into beings that could float on the wind. So naturally a birdlike race which can fly over the seas was a natural choice.

I don't think the Rito and Zora were supposed to be connected in the game, Rito are more like the Gerudo, their pearl looks similar to the Spirit medallion, they are tan, they live in a hot climate (volcano/desert).
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarethan View Post
I think that the Zora orginally were intended to inhabit the Greatfish Isle, considering Jabun is essentially a great (large) fish, and would be more than likely the guardian of the Zora. I am pretty sure this is right because the pearl has the Zora symbol on it.

I think it was intended to have the whole 3 stones/pearls in a woodland, fire cave and water based place, in TWW same as the first 3 dungeons in OoT to get the stones.

Only problem is that they made the Rito to replace the Goron, as Goron are pretty much stuffed when it comes to water travel, except for rafts. Zora can swim and Koroks transformed into beings that could float on the wind. So naturally a birdlike race which can fly over the seas was a natural choice.

I don't think the Rito and Zora were supposed to be connected in the game, Rito are more like the Gerudo, their pearl looks similar to the Spirit medallion, they are tan, they live in a hot climate (volcano/desert).
um, the Rito do not replace the Goron, they are the Zora evolved (note the Zora Sapphire symbol on Medli's clothing).

The Gorons weren't replaced, there are 2 or 3 Goron Mercahants around the Great Sea.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-29-2006, 05:52 PM
What if I should fall right through the center of the Earth?
Send a message via AIM to Sakume

View Posts: 4,932

lol XD The Zora can fly! Wow, would Link get bothered by a flying Ruto or what?
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-30-2006, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakume View Post
lol XD The Zora can fly! Wow, would Link get bothered by a flying Ruto or what?
i dont think so. Link's seen some pretty weird things before. I know i sure will tho. :XD
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Only the Triforce can save us now.
View Posts: 1,949

I was thinking the same exact thing. When I was playing it I saw a house at the top of the hill to the right of the island. I remember in the story it was trashed when you were supposed to get the third pearl, but MAYBE if anyone want's to try. Before you get the third pearl go to Greatfish Island before you are supposed to. Maybe it won't be trashed. Like right when you get the the Wind Waker go to the greatfish Island.

Sig by Josh
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-30-2006, 11:45 PM
?
Steam ID: Foofs
View Posts: 8,381

well i think greatfish isle may have been once zora's domain from OoT.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-30-2006, 11:48 PM
formerly known as daeth
Steam ID: terrible
View Posts: 2,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny K. View Post
I was thinking the same exact thing. When I was playing it I saw a house at the top of the hill to the right of the island. I remember in the story it was trashed when you were supposed to get the third pearl, but MAYBE if anyone want's to try. Before you get the third pearl go to Greatfish Island before you are supposed to. Maybe it won't be trashed. Like right when you get the the Wind Waker go to the greatfish Island.
I don't believe it will let you go there early. It says something like "you can't go there now" when you try to. Pretty lame lol.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-01-2006, 06:31 AM
Deku Scrub

^ Yeah the King of Red Lions doesn't let you because it's too dangerous or something. They could have come up with something a little better...
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-01-2006, 08:28 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 84

yeah, him saying to dangerous, yet he makes Link as a boy fight Ganondorf king of evil

Tags
greatfish, island