Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 80
Re: Twilight Princess: When is it? SPOILER WARNING

Actually, they speak of the hero that travelled through time to save the kingdom.

Speaks of a Kingdom with a Golden Power (Picture of a Triforce), a man of great evil who wanted this Golden Power (Ganondorf) - (Picture of Ganon). He found this power, and he spread corruption and darkness throughout the land. A boy garbed in green appeared out of nowhere sealed the dark one away. He was known as the "Hero of Time" as he travelled through time to save the kingdom/land.

The only Hero known to travel through time was the Link we all fell in love with in Ocarina of Time, and then coincidentally the same hero in Majora's Mask. He is the only "Hero of Time".

The story was passed down through the legends etc... THIS part of the prologue is OoT. If there is an intended timeline, then THIS is the legend that they are speaking of.

Then it goes on to say that the evil crept back into the world. It says "But then an evil... etc", after stating that this tale was passed through the legends of OoT. An interruption, we do not know when this evil crept back into the world, is it centuries after? Directly after? We don't know.

We do know that the people of the kingdom knew of the Hero of Time, and hoped he would return, indicating not a huge gap from the new evil. One could assume that this new evil that approached was in fact the events leading upto TP. (I'm not familiar with TP yet - 6 days to go). But, it says in the prologue that the people left it into the fate of the gods, and I'm not sure, but i believe that it was the gods that influenced this new Hero in TP.

But some good analogies are that this evil "crept" back into the world. That the prologue only speaks of the beginning of the tale. That whatever became of this new legend is now the result of the current world. Or perhaps the legend spoken of in the alternate timeline. (gg) - ie. Not the one that TP exists in.

I don't feel like explaining it all but I think the general picture is painted.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Goron
View Posts: 222

so wait, Narokath, everything you say is very well grounded, but I'm not sure where you're going. Are you speaking in favor of my idea, against the idea, some kind of middle ground or somewhere altogether? Sorry if I'm not being very observant, but it's better to ask and get an answer than never know at all.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-30-2006, 05:17 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 1

hi...

goodbye...
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Hylian Knight
Send a message via AIM to TM Revolution
View Posts: 551

lol. split timeline?

also, Ganondorf said "this is not over" .....so there, he spoke and its not over. It never actually showed what happened to him after he died. And Zant tiliting his head was him snapping his neck.

~~}(===OoT Revisited==>
^READ MY FAN FIC^

If you are a sweet Supersmash Bros melee player, PM me and tell me the characters you use etc. My favorite characters are:Ganon and Marth
Thanks to me for making the sig
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 80

Somewhere in the middle Squiggy, while I do not fully support your idea. I think that your idea should be recognized as a possibility (Regarding TP being an alternative to the ending of the WW Prologue).

It IS a possibility, but I was merely pointing out that the prologue in WW merely speaks of the evil creeping back into the world and nothing else of the story. The same evil that was vanquished by the Hero of Time; Ganon.

What you are suggesting is that;

OoT--------------------------WW
\
\----TP

Where TP Exists in the timeline where the Hero of Time/(or Another Hero?) does not once again stop the Evil from enveloping the Kingdom. Another interesting fact is that not ONCE does it ever say Hyrule or Ganon. Its only led to assume that because of its reference to the Hero of Time. Anyway!

I was supporting your statement when I said that;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narokath
The fact that they never stated that "furthermore WW is X amount of time after TP".

OoT ---> TP
OoT -------------------> WW
But back to your timeline theory, its a possibility, but i cannot justify which Timeline TP/WW would fall under. Because OoT (and possibly MM) are the games that offer Time Travel exclusively, it would be generalized that this is the only game that would offer a split timeline and I agree. However both Hero's leave Hyrule at the end of each ending. If the split timeline was the case, then you have a good start in "another" timeline.

However I would generally say that although splitting the timeline is possible, it is just too cliche and not really Nintendo to complicate things to that extent. This is a Teen game! Not the University Professor's Game.

I tend to believe that after OoT, yes there were 2 endings, but Link himself did go back to his childhood and that in the future Ganondorf will be killed in the future. I believe that Zelda did not send him back to before he even took the sword from the pedestal, but rather back to his childhood to leave Hyrule before Ganondorf covered Hyrule in darkness. The legend in WW speaks of the Hero appearing out of nowhere and vanquishing this evil. Through multiple travels through time both Adult/Child lines progressed equally and that if he was sent back through time to before he took the sword out... then Ganondorf would never have been defeated; unless by larger scale or the Sages existed in multiple planes of Time (Doubtful).

Soo Link left Hyrule because Ganondorf would soon come to consume the land and went off on his own Journey, and Zelda knew that he would appear from the Temple and slay Ganondorf. A valid theory, because we have no idea how the travelling through time works in OoT. Other then that he uses the sword placed/pulled from the pedestal to travel. Oh! And that he is frozen in time in the Sacred Realm and meets Rauru in the Chamber of Sages.

Tags
spoiler, twilight princess, warning