Advertisement

View Poll Results: Who's still waiting?
I am! 179 73.36%
Ha Ha I'm not! 65 26.64%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Whatever you do, don't look behind you....
View Posts: 236
Re: Who's still waiting?

I might get a Wii tommorow because best buy is restocking at 10 AM. I hope I get one.

King, The Hero Of Dogs!

Thanks to Kekenkenka for sig and avvy!

click here for the cheat code to get to the endless forest in tp!

My Wii number:6027 5223 5435 0871

Click for my friend Kekenkenka's stick figure video. It's pretty funny.
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Knight of Paladin
View Posts: 204

I don't get it until christmas (If I'm lucky) they are selling so quickly my parents might not be able to get their hands on one before the 25th o' December. To ease the wait, I - oh wait - I am still in vast multitudes of pain! :moodswing
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Wolf Link
View Posts: 13

I went to Best Buy today and some guy came behind me and pushed me down to get in front of me the worst thing is that no one saw him do it either he got the very last one they sold out in five minutes. People like that really piss me off! So i am still waiting, I have TP for Wii the waiting is starting to kill me.
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Ganon's Follower
View Posts: 2,640

I'll most likely get one on the day of release here in Sweden (or the day before), which is Dec 8th .. I think.

Doesn't matter though, can't play it until christmas anyway since the Wii is a christmas present for the family from me =/

I'm going nuts, waiting for TP .. so much that I'm thinking about getting TP for GC and play that until christmas ^_^. Hm.. maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastersword 77 View Post
I went to Best Buy today and some guy came behind me and pushed me down to get in front of me the worst thing is that no one saw him do it either he got the very last one they sold out in five minutes.
That sucks - you should've punched him in the face or something.. Well maybe not, but you could've said something. I hate it when people do that.
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Ordon Herder
View Posts: 131

Me too! I'm still waiting. I had to work morning shift on the Wii launch day, black friday and today. All 3 days that wii's were available and couldn't get one.
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Positively Negative
View Posts: 2,277

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJB View Post
ohhhhh. same here. But i already said that about 5 times. Anyway I think I'll just play older zelda games to ease the wait. Like my fav OoT. Or make stick animations that Im really into now.
I've already gone through Ocarina of Time, Master Quest, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, A Link to the Past, and The Legend of Zelda while waiting the past few months. Right now I'm playing through Minish Cap, and if I beat it before Dec 12 I'll move on to Link's Awakening probably. I find Adventure of Link to be a little annoying and not very fun so I'll leave that out haha.

I've noticed that playing older Zelda games does nothing but make the wait that much harder, I don't know why I punish myself so much
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 06:53 PM
<Write something clever here>
Send a message via Yahoo to Maldrea
View Posts: 467

15 more days for me! And I still have like no idea about the storyline. I feel so clean. So new. So refreshed. So... ready to rip open that game!!! X-[ *sobs*

Wow, I thought that the majority of people had their game already! o.o
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Positively Negative
View Posts: 2,277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldrea theZora View Post
15 more days for me! And I still have like no idea about the storyline. I feel so clean. So new. So refreshed. So... ready to rip open that game!!! X-[ *sobs*

Wow, I thought that the majority of people had their game already! o.o
Haha like I mentioned earlier, the people who DO have the game are probably too busy playing it to bother coming on here and voting!
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Spectre
Send a message via AIM to Fox the Sly Send a message via Yahoo to Fox the Sly
View Posts: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekuQueen View Post
Wow. Um, may I ask waht's the big deal of having to wait another month or so? You've waited 3 years ... one more month isn't going to kill you.

As of now, CHristmas sounds like when I'll be reciving mine. But hey, if not, then no biggie. I'll get TP eventually - I'm not worried. ^_^
Logically you have a point. When TP was months/years away, it's easier to put it aside in your mind, but once it's available in some form to the masses and/or a short ways off from release the anticipation builds and builds.
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 99

I got the wii and tp both sitting in my parents closet waiting for December 25th.

I feel much relief now that I got it, just because I know that I got it.

I am not going insane anymore.

This is my first time being sane in weeks. It feels so damn good.

I have been playing WoW to pass the time away.
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 10:36 PM
COOLEST NOOB RUNNER UP SPRING 2004

View Posts: 5,517

I'm hoping to get a Wii and Twilight Princess for my birthday or Christmas. They're pretty close together, so it probably doesn't matter which.

Of course, there's much more expensive things my family has to buy for me to go to college next fall, but, I can hope.

[03:53] <+kazan> .8ball will the Cubs win a world series in Asci's lifetime?
[03:53] <&UB2R-B0T> ...LMAO
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Nayrulean Nerd
View Posts: 443

I'm not waiting for the Wii (too expensive even if it is the cheapest of consoles), but I am waiting for Twilight Princess Gamecube.
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgerudo View Post
I'm not waiting for the Wii (too expensive even if it is the cheapest of consoles), but I am waiting for Twilight Princess Gamecube.
No offense but GC version is gonna suck.
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 04:29 AM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to jmunkymunk
View Posts: 414

it will only suck if you`ve played the Wii version too. if you just play the Gc version,you wont know any different and can then upgrade to the wii version with new controls. however, if you play the Wii version first i bet it`d be pretty difficult to go back to using a Gc controller for it so you probably wont do it, and not experience the mirrored version. so in a way i think its better to get the gc version first
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 04:45 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 17

I'm waiting too... TT__TT I'll probably get it for Christmas, as I sadly still rely on my parents buying it for me (I need a job)...

Sad thing is, my mom thinks the concept of the Wii is a stupidity. And nothing I say will change it. And for some reason, she thinks she can decide whether it's good enough herself. She can't even tell the difference between the SNES, N64 and GC! In a sense it's good I have to wait a while before the Wii and TP are released here (December 8th, I think). I have more time to persuade her! Hopefully I'll find some good reviews and be able to show her how good the Wii is before that. I need some good, strong luck. Or a job.

Another scary thought. TP won't come bundled with the Wii right? So if I tell her "Get me the Wii and TP for Wii" she'll probably get me Wii, and the GCN version of TP o_O She can't see the difference! And then I'd scream. And cry. And return the game. Unless I can't stop myself from opening it before it's too late.

On another note, isn't there some way to un-mirror TP for Wii? They changed it for the sake of right-handed people. But what if you're a lefty? *Plans on mastering the Wii Remote with left hand*
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 06:18 AM
Crossing off the List
View Posts: 1,039

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate ganon View Post
How so? It's exactly the same game. Due to the more familiar controls it'll probably "suck" less than the Wii version for some people.

I did see a teaser for the Wii and Twilight Princess on television last night... it just looks so epic. Just over two weeks to wait now, made harder by every games show having features on the Americans playing the Wii.

/me shakes fist at Atlantic.

~ Adhamh.
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 30

It sucks.. I've been waiting for TP since I first saw the trailer years ago. I want both versions of TP. Just to have them. I'm gonna die if I don't get them soon.
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 04:30 PM
"Oh, it's the fairy boy again!"
View Posts: 1,254

Still waiting here...come on 7th December... (I love you Gameplay, you send me things a day before release )

I'm playing through the new Sonic game and hopefully picking up an import Final Fantasy III DS tomorrow that should keep me going. Of course it doesn't help there's adverts for the Wii and TP out here now...this is killing me.

Quote:
As said above, it is the same game and only the controls and perspective (it's been flipped I believe) have been altered. It's just a matter of if you can't get/don't want a Wii and/or the Wii version of TP is all.
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Nayrulean Nerd
View Posts: 443

Quote:
Wow. You are so incredibly wrong. The only differences between the two are controls, widescreen & mirroring. And that doesn't make it suck. It's like saying the Gamecube version of Resident Evil 4 sucks because it's a port from the other consoles.

Thank you for offending everyone who wants or is getting the Gamecube version. And if I could afford it, I'd still get the Gamecube version in addition to a Wii & the Wii version.
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 06:03 PM
Cthulhu
View Posts: 242

I'm still waiting for TP. I have to wait until xmas. The worst thing is, I've already seen my Wii and my copy TP when my parents came home from Wal-Mart. I even know where they're hiding it, up in the attic. So close yet so far. I don't know if I can wait another month without killing someone. I'm quite serious.

Tags
waiting