Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#341 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 06:17 PM
ZU's Wii-d addict
Send a message via AIM to zelda may cry
View Posts: 630
Re: New TP info.

quick question.
I ws told that you use SD cards for memory cards on Wii, but on the user inteface vid at IGN it shows an internal flash drive that saves everything.
Which one is it? SD or Internal?
  #342 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 520

There is an internal drive, but its tiny. (Only 512 MB) Expect to be buying cards if you're going to download anything.
  #343 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Fashionista-Zelda Lover
View Posts: 228
Talking

Wait! I'm lost! What is an SD card? Use it as a memory card?? I'm confused...someone explain please!

Quote:
Now, let the 4 years of waiting for the new Zelda Wii BEGIN!
  #344 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 06:33 PM
ZU's Wii-d addict
Send a message via AIM to zelda may cry
View Posts: 630

Quote:
Originally Posted by plum_ View Post
Wait! I'm lost! What is an SD card? Use it as a memory card?? I'm confused...someone explain please!
This is an SD card.
  #345 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 06:40 PM
Only the Triforce can save us now.
View Posts: 1,949

Here are the scans of the Game Pro article:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=7653

Sig by Josh
  #346 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Fanboys make the world go round
View Posts: 2,178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny K. View Post

I think it's funny that every magazine that has had a TP preview recently uses the same old screenshots. You think Nintendo could spare a couple new one?

Awesome sig created by Sizz
TP COMING ON 11/19/06...FINALLY!!
http://tigerzelda.ytmnd.com/
http://zeldatwilightdelay.ytmnd.com/
http://zeldasyrup.ytmnd.com/
  #347 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 06:49 PM
The
View Posts: 916

Quote:

Saw that, thx. Now I have something to read to my noodles

Siggy made by the wonderful Sadida in the ::Sadi's Signature Shoppe::
  #348 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 06:50 PM

I know, hopefully we will get this trailer soon. I am dying for new info. And MAYBE they will open an offical site.

No problem Ezzlo

Sig by Josh
  #349 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 06:53 PM
The

You did a good job starting this thread Johnny, one of the best threads I've seen at ZU actually.

#350 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezzlo View Post
You did a good job starting this thread Johnny, one of the best threads I've seen at ZU actually.
Thanks! I told you it would get back to normal

I just wish they would make it a sticky so people would actually post new info in here instead of making a new thread.

Sig by Josh
  #351 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 07:16 PM
The

Quote:

I just wish they would make it a sticky so people would actually post new info in here instead of making a new thread.
Yeah, MODS, MAKE THIS THREAD A STICKY. Haha. Just finished reading the magazine. They seemed to have alot of fun with TP, and the controller worked perfect. HYPE

#352 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezzlo View Post
Yeah, MODS, MAKE THIS THREAD A STICKY. Haha. Just finished reading the magazine. They seemed to have alot of fun with TP, and the controller worked perfect. HYPE
Yeah they did. They called it deep and a beautiful game. It should do well. I just REALLY want to see that damn trailer. Also for some reason I want a website as well. After going to the Minish Cap's website, I really wanted a TP one.

Sig by Josh
  #353 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 07:29 PM
The

Hey, johnny, get onboard on Thehylia's chat! Sea is there, gonna try to tell him to stick this thread Hurry

#354 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 07:30 PM

Here are The Offical Nintendo magazine impressions:

http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?su..._from=&ucat=4&

MAJOR SOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m going to spend most of this post talking about the general feel of the game and the way the final controls work, because I think these are two of the most important aspects. I’ll also touch upon the music because, being a bit of a musician, it’s an aspect of gaming that I always take notice of. Also I should mention that this is going to be really informal and un-proofed so please forgive any grammatical errors.

Title Screen
So, first up is the title screen. I’m sure many OoT fans out there will be ecstatic to hear that, in a similar vein to OoT, Twilight Princess feature a stunning title screen sequence whereby Link reigns in Epona and goes running across a bridge and along the edge of a cliff in Hyrule Field. It’s the perfect start to the game and OoT fans will quite literally be drowning in their own drool before they even press Start (sorry, I mean A+B).

Options
I know there are options whores out there so here’s a bit on that:

Lock-On Type: toggle between holding down Z to lock on, or just tapping Z to lock on.

Camera Control: choose between regular or inverted.

Pointer: have it on or off (didn’t try having it off, but I assume you control the sights with the analogue stick.

Icon Shortcuts: have them on or off.

Pointer Settings: a sensitivity setting, from 1 – 10.

To be honest, apart from inverting the camera controls, I had no reason to bother with anything else as the standard settings were pretty much perfect for me.

General Feel
The Epona opening sequence provides the feel-good factor and if you wait a few seconds longer there’s the montage trailer that provides just enough snippets of later events to get you really excited. I’m not going to talk about those though.

The overall feel of the game is way more filmic than before. You can tell from the very first second that this is going to be more story-driven, and therefore more heartstring-tugging, than any other Zelda game. The character design is improved over other games. Some of that can probably be attributed to the fact that there’s more power under the hood (hence more detailed expressions and clothing), but I think it’s safe to say that the actual design in general is better. That said, I still hate Colin. I don’t like his face and his efforts to follow in Link’s footsteps make him seem like a right brown-noser. He gets picked on by the other kids and to be honest with you, I have no sympathy for him. But still, I do feel passionately about him so either way, I’m being drawn in more than ever before.

Controls
I must admit, even back at E3 I had concerns about the controls. Would the Wii Remote swordplay get tedious? Would it be tiring? Is the pointing device accurate enough to get me out of a tight spot at the drop of a hat? Thankfully the answer to these questions is ‘yes’. I have to say though, there’s a mental barrier to cross with the Wii, and it’s one that I’m only just beginning to break through.

The problem is, even though I know the pointer works relatively (as opposed to where I’m pointing on the screen), I still find myself wanting to point at specific areas of the screen. So I’ll have the bow out and I swear I’m pointing at the screen. The thing is I’m not supposed to be. My Sensor Bar is actually sat a foot below the screen because it’s easier to have it there. So when I’m pointing directly at the Sensor Bar, that is interpreted as dead-centre (on the vertical plain). It takes a while for your head to readjust but once it does everything is so much easier. I had the same issues with Red Steel.

With that hurdle overcome, the pointing device is stunningly accurate. . . way more accurate than an analogue stick. There’s an area in the second dungeon (Nintendo PR, forgive me – I know I’m not supposed to talk about dungeon 2 but this particular bit is from the E3 demo) where you’re hiding behind crates and are being fired upon by six or seven Moblins. From the moment I first see them to the moment the last one falls lasts about six seconds. It’s literally just point shoot, point shoot. . . and each movement is spot-on, even though three of them are only separated by 5mm each. That’s nothing to do with my skill - that’s just how responsive, lag-free and accurate the technology is.

But what of the sword fighting? Actually, it’s great. There is a tiny bit of lag but that’s because you have to complete the motion before the move is recognised. Honestly though, it’s a split-second thing.

Anyone who has played the E3 demo will know that Link has his spinning attack, a standard slice, a jab and a jump attack. The latter three are performed via the Wii Remote while the spinning attack comes from gesturing the Nunchuk left and right. Link doesn’t actually start out with the Ending Blow that was present in the E3 demo. He actually learns new moves throughout the game, a fantastic addition that succeeds perfectly in heightening the feeling of character development. This learning of moves is also connected to Wolf Link but that’s an amazing part of the game in itself and I’ll leave that to you to figure out and enjoy for yourself.

Anyway, back to how the sword feels. A laid back flick of the wrist is as good as an intense swipe but when you’re in the thick of it you’ll find yourself really going for it. And no, it isn’t tiring. I’ve been doing 12-hour sessions, simply because I’ve had to, and while my eyes are barely open at the end my hands and arms are just fine. Sorry, I know there are cynics out there who don’t want to hear that, but it’s true.

Music
Simply amazing. I mean, Zelda always has great music, but every now and then a tune will play in the background and you’ll be like “I’ve got to stop playing cos that tune is just something else”. There’s one in the first area that’s based on an older Zelda tune but it’s remixed and is just divine. There’s plenty more to say on the subject but I won’t because some of the enemy sound effects and the Twilight Realm tunes are really ominous and it would ruin the surprise if I talked about them. It’ll definitely be worth buying the soundtrack though (hmmm, maybe we should look into doing a TP soundtrack on the cover of the mag. . .).

Wii Remote Speaker
It’s strange because in theory there seems little point in the speaker function. . . any sound effects could just come out of the TV speaker. In practice though (and who is to know whether Nintendo fully intended this to be the case or not) it’s genius and manages to put you right in the heart of the action. You get the sound of the sword unsheathing and sword clashes in the speaker and you also get a little chime once the Spin Attack has recharged (about two seconds). Midna giggles via the speaker when she wants to talk to you, at which point you have to press up on the D-pad. It may sound like a gimmick but seriously, it adds yet more magic to the experience.

Storyline
Very, very briefly. . . Link is a ranch-hand in the Ordona Province. Right at the start of the game you’re told that Rusl won’t be able to make the journey to Hyrule Castle to deliver a gift, so it’s down to Link to do it. You’re introduced to the rather charming inhabitants of Ordon (well, aside from Colin) and are subtly made to perform and practice all the movements that are going to be so vital in the game.

It’s actually a good few hours before Link finally leaves and gets dragged into the Twilight Realm. You soon learn that the land of Hyrule is in grave danger and that the light in the world has been extinguished. The only way to return light to the world is to free the three Light Spirits, and so the dungeon bashing begins. As you’ve seen in the screens and the trailer from a while back, Midna comes to Link’s aid to help him escape from the dungeon prison below the castle. . . but I’m not saying why they’re there or who the character at the top of the tower is.

Wolf Link
I wasn’t going to say much about this but EDGE magazine has already printed quite a bit of it in the most recent issue, so I’m not really spoiling anything. Wolf Link basically has an equivalent for human Link’s main moves. So whereas Link does a jump attack, Wolf Link does a jumping bite. Wolf Link also has a Spin Attack. What Wolf Link lacks in item/weapon usage (he can’t use items for obvious reasons) he gains in the form of Sense and Dig abilities. Tapping left or right on the D-pad allows Wolf Link to smell out things that aren’t necessarily actually there (sorry, I know that’s vague but I’m being very careful here). He’s also able to dig for secrets and even dig holes to gain access to secret areas.

Another move comes courtesy of Midna. By holding down B you can create a magical field around both characters. Let go of B and Wolf Link will deliver a fatal bite to every enemy inside the threshold. The creature in Midna’s helmet allows you to… nope, actually, forget that.

I remember reading on a forum once that someone hoped Aonuma-san wouldn’t cheat and allow Wolf Link to open doors. Well, he can’t. Up until the end of the first dungeon he can’t open doors and has to find other ways around obstacles. Again, this is something that has more depth but I’m not going to comment anymore on that.

EDGE also touched upon Tears Of Light, Vessels Of Light and Shadow Insects but I’m going to leave it because I think it reveals a bit too much about the connection between the Light and Twilight.

I think that’ll do for now. As and when the other embargoes are lifted I’ll reveal more.

I don’t think there are any spoilers here. Every few seconds I keep thinking of amazing things I’ve experienced, even in the first four or five hours, but I know how happy I was when I completely unexpectedly discovered every little detail. . . and I really think it should be the same for everyone else. Honestly, you owe it to yourself to try and avoid any impressions that go into more detail. And for anyone who thinks I’ve written too much. . . I’ve held back drastically through this whole thing. This is just a tiny slither of what’s on offer. Hopefully what I’ve written will excite you. If you have any questions feel free to ask but I can tell you now that I won’t post anything past the Faron Woods dungeon.

END SPOILERS

Sig by Josh
Last Edited by Johnny K.; 10-31-2006 at 09:26 PM. Reason:
  #355 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Positively Negative
View Posts: 2,277

Quote:
Here are The Offical Nintendo magazine impressions:

http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?su..._from=&ucat=4&
Ahhhhh I almost read what the intro is like! That is one spoiler I don't want to read, pure evil I tells ya! Luckily I noticed what I was about to read and skipped ahead haha. *wipes sweat away*
  #356 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 07:53 PM
Ganon's Follower
View Posts: 2,640

Coooool I like that Link has to learn the moves, feels very AoL.

However, you can tell that Zelda is no longer a 100% Miyamoto project because he was against these kind of RPG things. He always said something like the character "learn" the moves when the player learn the controls.
  #357 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 08:13 PM
Eater of Moblins
Send a message via AIM to TorturedArtist
View Posts: 282

So Faron woods is real and not a typo i see.
  #358 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorturedArtist View Post
So Faron woods is real and not a typo i see.
Yeah I noticed that too, look's like either the is not Ordon Woods, or there are two "wood" areas.

Sig by Josh
  #359 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 08:30 PM
The

Faron, a perfect title. Those impressions were great!

Btw, TSA recently tolded me that he spoked to someone who had the trailer. He said that friday will probably be the day it will be shown.

#360 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-31-2006, 08:40 PM
Why not?
View Posts: 1,110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senap View Post
Coooool I like that Link has to learn the moves, feels very AoL.

However, you can tell that Zelda is no longer a 100% Miyamoto project because he was against these kind of RPG things. He always said something like the character "learn" the moves when the player learn the controls.
Yeah, I didn´t noticed that... well, Aounoma forms big part of the proyect, along with Miyamoto. And as I love the two styles (and TP is just a combination of that), I´m a very happy man, and with only 19 days remaining on earth. Oh, that makes me double happy!!!

~Who never fails is who never tries.~
~My PH code! Add me! (but PM first)3523 0204 9351~
~Click to see the ST Treasure calculator~
Closed Thread

Tags
info