Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Old Skool Zelda fan
View Posts: 1,184
Re: New Screenshots and Trailer Reveal a Ton of Info!

I wouldn't call that a moutain, it's shorter than the castle.
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 11:09 AM
Fanboys make the world go round
View Posts: 2,178

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyZX View Post
I wouldn't call that a moutain, it's shorter than the castle.
What wouldn't you call a montain? What pic are we specifically talking about here?

Awesome sig created by Sizz
TP COMING ON 11/19/06...FINALLY!!
http://tigerzelda.ytmnd.com/
http://zeldatwilightdelay.ytmnd.com/
http://zeldasyrup.ytmnd.com/
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapdragon View Post

am I the only one to think that this guy looks a bit like ganon but with a helmet?
look at the sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyZX View Post
The armor and clothes designs are very similiar. It has been mentioned before that it might be Phantom Ganon.

I doubt it is the real Ganon since Link only has 4 hearts (and yes I know it's just a demo).
But it maybe like it was in TWW when you met ganondorf in the begining of the game as and
Introduktion of the evil* It did happen in OoT too..
Majoras Mask
The Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 12:27 PM
I'll protect you.
Send a message via Yahoo to Miss_Navi
View Posts: 507

Wow I've never seen these pictures before they all look amazing, thankyou for finding them!!

Don't look down here read my post!
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,982

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCucco View Post
First of all, look at the new "bubble" meter on the right. Remember that screenshot where wolf Link had a green glowing and some "light bubbles" behind? I think this (by some) explains that. Well, the ligh bubbles may be fired with the B trigger (but there is a square aside form the "B" button in the HUD. This may be the place for an item, or they just didn´t eliminated it from the wolf HUD yet). The purpose of this is totally unknown. The glowing thing in that creature´s head from the E3 2006 trailer may hint something. They may be some anti-twilight thingies.
The "Light Bubbles" thing looks more like a gauge. My speculation: you have to collect all the "bubbles" from a given area to 1) dispel the Twilight, 2) regain your human form, 3) some combination of the two.
Quote:
Whats on the darknuts head? That blue looking thing? Is that the same darknut as this
They're wearing different helmets. They're not the same enemy.
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Anatidaephobia
View Posts: 1,998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapdragon View Post

am I the only one to think that this guy looks a bit like ganon but with a helmet?
look at the sword.
your not the only one.

Sig made by the amazing DarkShadowLink9

PM me if you want to Brawl
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 06:09 PM

I do see some similarities, but I am pretty sure thats not Ganon. I don't think Nintendo would show us something that important before the game is released.

#48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Goron
View Posts: 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionHarted View Post
They're wearing different helmets. They're not the same enemy.
1. They've got the same weapon
2. They have the same shield
3. They're in the same area
4. They have the same leg armour
5. Watch the video

Conclusion: They're a darknut/iron knuckle. They lose armour as you attack them.

Unfortunately they only take off one heart at a time, apparently...
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 91

thanks for the info and speculations you rock dude

banner by me
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renagadez View Post
thanks for the info and speculations you rock dude
Just wanted to say thats a sweet sig!!!!! Nice work!

#51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Fabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killsteel View Post
1. They've got the same weapon
2. They have the same shield
3. They're in the same area
4. They have the same leg armour
5. Watch the video

Conclusion: They're a darknut/iron knuckle. They lose armour as you attack them.
They're not the "same enemy". As in, one of them is a different Darknut than the other.
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Why not?
View Posts: 1,110
Oh my... this time, read the post:

Quote:
Originaly posted by me:
Oh, you´re right! This guy does have a lot of armor. Though the front part of the upper helmet cannot be seen in the trailer, I can assume that the design of it is like in the first screen, and the helmet below has the one line design.

And, dumb me, it is obvious that the place is the same in the two screens. It is even dumber to think that two diferent enemies would be faced in the exact same place... Sorry, I didn´t noticed that before.

And thanks for reading the whole post .
Now, tell me: Is it logical that you fight two different enemies, with the SAME EXACT ARMOR (every part of it. If you look at the trailer, you´ll see that the helmet with the high thingy drops and lays in the ground, and that the darknuckle still has a helmet, wich obviously points out that there are two or more layers of armor -at least in the helmet-.), and in THE SAME EXACT PLACE? The same room, I mean.

Now, after reading, understand what I said. Is it still logical?

If you still differ, I´ll quit this discussion. Just wait to confirm it in your own TVs. I´m as sure as the wolfy-sense thing (though this matter is just stupidly irrelevant).

And as a side not, that´s not Ganondorf. I mean, can you spell s-p-o-i-l-e-r? That´s not Ninty´s way.

~Who never fails is who never tries.~
~My PH code! Add me! (but PM first)3523 0204 9351~
~Click to see the ST Treasure calculator~
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Old Skool Zelda fan
View Posts: 1,184

Did you mean to leave the L out of spoiler? lol
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Fabulous

Or, maybe, you're all overexamining it. I think that the differences between the Darknuts is just indicative that there are multiple varieties of Darknut, as there were in TWW/TMC.
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionHarted View Post
Or, maybe, you're all overexamining it. I think that the differences between the Darknuts is just indicative that there are multiple varieties of Darknut, as there were in TWW/TMC.
That´s for sure.

But we are all talking specificly about those two screens, wich I think have the same enemy, as explained in my above post.

Quote:
By AndyZX:
Did you mean to leave the L out of spoiler? lol
Wow... you readed the post the second it came out, because I edited it the next one.

#56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Fabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCucco View Post
That´s for sure.

But we are all talking specificly about those two screens, wich I think have the same enemy, as explained in my above post.
There's no way that a room that large has only one enemy in it.
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 08:40 PM
ZU's Wii-d addict
Send a message via AIM to zelda may cry
View Posts: 630

I didn't have much time to post this so I haven't read all the other posts. sry if this has already been said but did anyone notice that in parts of the traileryou don't see the map? I think Nintendo has done this so that it won't spoil parts of the map. In the part where Link uses the iron boots you see it says "1<MAP>2" where the map should be, but in other parts it says nothing. I think it has been digitally altered so that some parts of the overworld don't get spoiled. I focused on the map to see the relation between Link and the overworld, and it looks to be a pretty good size.
Well I'm out.
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Why not?
OH!!!... I found another bit...

Quote:
Originally posted by Zelda May Cry:
I didn't have much time to post this so I haven't read all the other posts. sry if this has already been said but did anyone notice that in parts of the traileryou don't see the map? I think Nintendo has done this so that it won't spoil parts of the map. In the part where Link uses the iron boots you see it says "1<MAP>2" where the map should be, but in other parts it says nothing. I think it has been digitally altered so that some parts of the overworld don't get spoiled. I focused on the map to see the relation between Link and the overworld, and it looks to be a pretty good size.
Well I'm out.
You said something that they digitally erased the map button. And no, I found that the parts were even the "show map" button wasn´t dispayed was because in that scenes there was some special events.

I´ve noticed that the map button dissapears when you´re looked on, or aiming with the bow or any other item. I think this is becuase, when you scroll the fairy through that button, the map toggles, and maybe they´ve made this to prevent it from popping out and distracting you.

Well, the other (and more) important thing I noticed while viewing the video, is the map in this scene. The thing is, that the shape of the map really resembled a main overworld road, covered with Twilight. And... look at the speed with wich the Link arrow (the yellow one) advances though the map (not appreciated in that screen...DUH!). Given the speed of the creature (wich seems to be very fast, it can be noticed when flying above the bridge), I´d say that the road os HUGE.

Also, if you look at the fisrt screen of my analisis, there isn´t any part in the map that resembles the one in that scene... so... maybe the "entire overworld map", is not entire at all

But, this road could also be from the Gerudo Valley. Now that I think about it, Gerudo Valley is more probable than the main overworld (by this I mean Hyrule Field). As we don´t have any way of knowing the speed of transportation (regarding the Link arrow to the map) through the Hyrule Field map given to us, the size is unknown (even if you calculate the lenght of the bridge with the map representation, the perspective and size of the objects may trick the eye).

#59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Greatest and Most Truly Interesting Pundit the Universe Has Ever Known
Send a message via AIM to Vroomfondel Send a message via Yahoo to Vroomfondel Send a message via Skype™ to Vroomfondel
View Posts: 6,793

MadCucco, that looks less like a road and more like a cave to me. Note the stalactites. And also the cave walls on either side. << I'd say that's a dead giveaway, personally. Maybe I'm just halfblind, though.

The bridge itself is quite large. Moblins/bokoblins can be seen on either side wielding bows, but you have to strain to notice them. I know! We'll call it Steve's Kickass Bridge! *Congratulates anyone who catches the reference*

*Ahem* But yes, things are larger than they appear, especially at such high speeds. That dragonlike creature is definitely moving faster than the horse could ever hope to travel. I'm starting to get an idea as to the scale of this game. Something tells me that, by the end, there won't be an area you can't get to. Already we've seen such incredible scale, and a wealthy of different environments. I have no idea where we might place this cave area in the game.

I have a feeling I'm going to love TP more than I think I will. And I think I'll like it a lot. I'll like it so much, it's wrong.
Last Edited by Vroomfondel; 09-18-2006 at 11:27 PM. Reason:
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Why not?

You´re right, it´s more like a cave tunnel, like "Moria" style or something. Or just a cave tunnel, but meh. We´ll see.

As for the freedom thing, I would love to be able to reach nearly every place that I can see. It would give a big depth and immersion to the experience. In Lake Hylia, if you followed the edge of the lake by foot, you could eventually find two gossip stones.

The developers were inspired to make a world that feeled bid and was interactive, but not as near as they´re inspired to achieve that in TP.

Edit:

I´ve noticed something quite interesting... Just watch the trailer in the scene were Link is riding the creature. When he almost reach the bridge (or little time before boosting), something happens in the two large pillars more far away.

I remember someone saying that the creature fires something out of it´s mouth. I never found any button saying this, but I noticed some explosion that appears in the creatures "mouth"... but I watched closely, and I found out that there was another explosion in the right pillar... the pillars were exploting!!! Just watch for yourself. I´m tired of taking conclusions, so I´ll stop here.

Last Edited by MadCucco; 09-19-2006 at 08:52 PM. Reason:
Closed Thread

Tags
info, reveal, screenshots, ton, trailer