Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Did You Enjoy Wind Waker?
Yes 174 95.08%
No 9 4.92%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 3
Did you enjoy Wind Waker?

I wanted to see how many people enjoyed Wind Waker. I thought is was a great game. If you liked/Hated it. Tell me why. And if you hate it. Give me a damn good reason. And " The Graphics Suck" Is not a good one. $100 is on the line here people. I want to see what you think.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,982
Re: Did you enjoy Wind Waker?

I thought it was fantastic. The sailing was enjoyable, the islands were fairly well-constructed (the major ones, at least), and the dungeons were fresh and new and offered some interesting challenges (however simple they were).
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Maybe I should find you a gun with training wheels
View Posts: 227

Yes, it was an enjoyable game. The characters had a wide variety of emotions, the graphics actually fit the play experience, and there were tons of side-quests. The only problem was having to sail all over at the beginning. Once you got the warp song, it was much more fun. I don't know why everyone,*exagerating*, hated the triforce quest. I thought it was fun, especially going in the secret room in your Cabana.
YuriaTayde-Aquas Metal Guide-SF64-Bossguy...So, yeah... He shoots globs of goo at you... I just don't see how that would help a bunch of monkeys take over the galaxy, unless of course it kills you, then the monkeys win... but in that case, why are you attacking it in the first place?
Quote:
YuriaTayde-Solar Metal Guide-SF64-Bossguy...is one of the more interesting enemies to fight, but again I wonder, what the heck does it hafta do with galactic domination?! Are they gunna build a heat proofe slingshot to send it to Corneria?... Maybe you flew so close to this planet cause you were bored, that makes a little sence I guess.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 3

I liked the Triforce Quest, I got to sail around a lot. So I Assume most Zelda Fans enjoyed Wind Waker. That $100 is mine for sure.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2006, 03:47 PM
life's a ***** and i'm gonna spank it
View Posts: 6,197

Yes, I enjoyed the WindWaker. A lot of Zelda fans enjoyed the WindWaker. even some of ZU's infamous "Wndwaker bashers" enjoyed the Windwaker. Despite its shortcomings, it would be hard to classify this game as un-enjoyable.

#6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2006, 03:51 PM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460

Windwaker was a wonderful game. the Celshading was perfect for the kind of game, i really dont think it would have worked as well if it were like TP or OoT graphics.

The dungeons were fun the quests were excellent. the islands seemed a bit small but were fun to explore. I loved the sailing for the most part, got annoying if you kept having to sail from one side to the map to another. However if you wanted to just sail where ever it could become quite fun.

The characters were wonderful and the Darknut battles were just amazing at times.

So did i enjoy WW? Yes i did

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2006, 04:26 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,009

In all honesty, the only thing I hated about Wind Waker was the 'Shadow' (Earth) Temple, Those places freak me out! Other than that, I thought that they were going for realistic sailing (as close to realistic as a plastic/silicon disk can go.)
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2006, 04:33 PM
TLoR
View Posts: 465

The change of graphics really gave me a good vibe about the game when it first came out. It's cuter than the other 3D 64 games. That's my main reason... yup
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Goron
View Posts: 248

The game that would've been.
So I'll begin with the cons:
- Too much sea. Not that it was too big but rather the lack of land was resented here in a special way. Also, that the sea was fishless was to point something else. Emptiness. So not that much fun until you found some Big Octo. Which leads me to the next.
- Tiring travel. Traveling on the boat could be very tiresome and very boring if it were for long distances. Maybe the occasional suken treasure if it wasn't some cheap, useless stuff. Also, probably the worst part, you can't sail and shoot the cannon at the same time
- Short quest. More dungeons than MM but in spirit not long enough than them
-Easiness. Probably more on the bosses than on any other enemy.
- Link's face. I'm talking when he's just still. Just staring at the nothingness, all lifeless. Also, the art design looks much cooler than the graphic design. The eyes were just too pointy, Shaman-King teeth (yuck), and awful lips. Anybody else looked much better than Link......when in lifeless mode I just explained.
- And probably the worst, most disgraceful thing on any Zelda game, *Ganondorf's voice*. Don't believe me? Just compare it with OoT's. I win.

Now the pros:
- Majestic graphics. Nintendo was not the first one to have used cell-shading. The quality poured in the graphics, however, showed why Nintendo is truly an artist. Not kiddie stupidity like many claimed. It was purely marvelous. From a shining clear sky, to the waining sunset, the dark nights, the deep dungeons, this design brought one thing: life. Just gazing at the horizon from atop Outset Island until the sun went down to lurking into the frightful corridors of Earth Temple until the epic final battle. It wasn't dull, opaque or "computer-like". It was truly a MasterPiece on its own.
- Animation. So we had paint that looked that it was alive, now spelled it into motion and it's just breathtaking. From the smooth flow of the grass to the thrilling action of the battles and the excellent cinema displays. Truly fantastic.
- Great quest. Even though short, the quest stands on its own. Each dungeon it's challenging on its own, you always go on around without pressure or forgeting what to do next. The subquest also add a bit for fun. In all, enjoyable.
- In-depth story. Going a step further of MM, TWW's story is by far the most well developed Zelda plot you will find until now. Fun, intriguing, amazing, emotive and Zelda.
- The Music. Almost partly orchestrated, the music is something the Zelda has always excelled at, with wonderful new themes to the never-old-fashioned classics. Beautiful, outstanding, deep, and never queer.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 20

it was not what everyone expected on the first Zelda game for the cube, and many were disapointed to see the child like cartoon graphics (including my self), but the game, like all Zelda games, sucked me in and now i have to say i love the graphics. All those swirls of smoke, little flowers, and the movement of the water.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 114

It was the only Zelda game I've ever played that just didn't feel like a Zelda game. I don't know what it was about it, there was just something missing.

I haven't actually finished it though since these days I don't get a lot of time to play the games.

It's not a bad game but I actually prefer the GBA games over it, the later ones anyway, maybe because they are familiar; the first Zelda game I ever played was Oracle of Seasons.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 177

Great, but easy... In fact... I beat it in three days and didn't die until the Ganon's tower!!!!

awsome game though
Read my book! http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...ad.php?t=45313 or my other book!http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...ad.php?t=45193 or even, my OTHER book http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...ad.php?t=45916 (Comedy, tingle...)

Wii gives a whole new reason to we'll,

wii'll?
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Nexus to the Stars
Send a message via ICQ to Lord Xenon Send a message via AIM to Lord Xenon Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Xenon Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Xenon
View Posts: 838

I enjoyed TWW because the storyline was great just the dungeons weren't at the fullest capabilities because it was Nintendos' first try at a cartoon Zelda game and they ran out of time to improve TWW and to work on it as well so but I still enjoyed it.

Signature and Avatar set made by me. Formerly Celestial Link and Heavenly Hero.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-19-2006, 06:59 PM
White chocolate....mmmm chocolate....
View Posts: 111

I hated it, not just because of the graphics, But for these reasons:

1. Graphics of course, I just cant take it! I hate Cel shade, sorry for all you cartoon fans, but it just doesnt appeal to me! Next time go more realistic!

2. The dungeons were too easy, and too boring as well. It was just to easy to figure everything out, the only problem was actually doing it, like jumping and making it to the ledge at the end with the deku leaf....

3. The beggining was too slow! I hate having to go back and forth, back and forth, beat three dungeons then finally get to go wherever I want! It just doesnt work like that with me! I wanna get the sword, and go out and kill!

4. Most of the characters in it were pathetic! Old man ho ho, That Kid who never blows his nose, TINGLE!!!, That old poor/rich guy, The chu chu dude, they all sucked! So did some of the other minor characters they put in!

5. Finding those damned treasure charts! God, that was soooooo monatnous!! I spent like three hours getting them! This has got to be the most hardest and boring part in the game! Ugh, come up with somethin better next time!

The only things I enjoyed were:

1. Sailing wherever I want, This was pretty cool, even though there wasnt much to see....
2. Orca, The pirates, Ganon, and Link were the only cool characters I enjoyed
3. The storyline was pretty good, I'll give it that!

Awesome sig and avatar by Eros at igraphics! Go to his shop now!!
!
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2006, 02:26 AM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via AIM to GCN Hacker87
View Posts: 29

I love Wind Waker. That game is great. I really wish I would have died before I beat it though. It was too simple IMO. Even a bit of my DS art is from my love for Wind Waker.
I'm just glad that so many people pick it up and play it again just because I make a cool code or something. My color mods were a huge hit. Ah shadow link.... ^___^

I love this place, you guys rock!
Last Edited by GCN Hacker87; 05-20-2006 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2006, 02:53 AM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,858

Of course I did!
And yes the 100 will be yours!
The graphics changed the game but to the better!
It was too easy at times, though.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Goron
View Posts: 130

Yup! It's my favourite Zelda game! It has a sunny atmosphere, the mini-games are fun and I enjoy the sailing.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 23

I enjoyed playing it the first time when i got it until i completed it shortly after. I tried to get back into it recently but i just couldnt. It was a 'finish' once game for me a guess
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 86

The game was just plain fun, it was a mix between OoT and MM I thought. It brought funny elements into a very serious world, and I also found that the cell shading fit well in the game. But the only real problem was THE BIG FREAKIN OCEAN. The idea was a good one but it wasn't played out very well. I hated the fact that to get to an Island was to sail across a sea for 15 min with nothing to do. I liked OoT because while you were traveling you had to battle against the elements while doing so, but other than that it was a great game!

|Friends:.k.a.n.d.e.e.,Amaya,Elegy,Forest_Sage,|
|My Sims.Freak,Wolfen||Sig-By Me|
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 5
Thumbs up 2 thumbs up 4 WW!

LoZ WW was an awsome game! The storyline was solid, controls were simple for GC veterans, and the style of fighting has changed some since OoT. Some people complain about the fact that they made the game cartoony, but I don't, in fact, I never really paid any attention to it. WW was fun, some of the people who are more into the realism thing might not enjoy it as well as others though.
Last Edited by TriforceWarrior; 05-21-2006 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
enjoy, waker, wind