Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-17-2006, 08:44 PM
no avatar available
View Posts: 310
Re: TP overworld music

Yep, the Darkworld theme is probably the most epic song in Zelda (despite being for a snes game) and an orchestrated version would be an amazing nostalgic cameo to have in TP.
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-18-2006, 12:59 AM
K-Mart sucks.
View Posts: 247

I would like the theme for the twilght zone to be the beginning part of the song in the Twilight Princess trailer. The orchestrated song. It fit the mood of the twilight perfeclty.

Awesome Signature created by Link HeroOfTime

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
I am friends with Lugeasilver, Zelda Gaiden, and Cronaroth.
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-18-2006, 07:32 PM
SageOfMusic SageOfMusic is a female United States SageOfMusic is offline
Sheikah
Send a message via AIM to SageOfMusic
View Posts: 358
Talking

It's cool, I like it, I guess you could argue that it is a little too upbeat... But the Overworld Theme is supposed to be exciting and upbeat, not depressing you know...I like how it's kind of a mixture between the OOT version and the orginal Overworld theme... Save the more 'depressing themes' for the other parts of the game. I'm excited, I can't wait to finally play this game!
"Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends. A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection. The clear water's surface reflects growth. Now listen to the Serenade of water to reflect upon yourself." (Sheik)
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2006, 08:51 AM
The incidental artist!
Send a message via AIM to Iroas Send a message via Skype™ to Iroas
View Posts: 3,621

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageOfMusic
It's cool, I like it, I guess you could argue that it is a little too upbeat... But the Overworld Theme is supposed to be exciting and upbeat, not depressing you know...I like how it's kind of a mixture between the OOT version and the orginal Overworld theme... Save the more 'depressing themes' for the other parts of the game. I'm excited, I can't wait to finally play this game!
agreed 100% that's what I think too.. I would hate it if twilight princess depressive the whole time, so the overworld theme should be something like this
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-12-2006, 03:03 AM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via AIM to fyrenwater Send a message via Yahoo to fyrenwater
View Posts: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sword
Yep, the Darkworld theme is probably the most epic song in Zelda (despite being for a snes game) and an orchestrated version would be an amazing nostalgic cameo to have in TP.
i found an orchestrated versin of that song online, in some obscure LoZ soundtrack. i don't think i can link to it directly, but here it is anyway:

http://downloads.ffshrine.org/soundt..._overworld.mp3

otherwise, go here:

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/l

and click L, then "Legend of Zelda Sound and Drama", then "1.06 - dark overworld.mp3", and the "click here" on the left, under the alphabet.

if you need help finding stuff (there's a lot of listed stuff), hit Ctrl+f.
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Greatest and Most Truly Interesting Pundit the Universe Has Ever Known
Send a message via AIM to Vroomfondel Send a message via Yahoo to Vroomfondel Send a message via Skype™ to Vroomfondel
View Posts: 6,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Face
EDIT: that is fake, thats what they use for the intro to the OOT/MQ and Zelda Collectors Edition disks.
Nope, that's not at all where it's from. This track first surfaced at least four months ago. It is confirmed to have been ripped straight from the TP playable demo. It's the track played at the mode select screen, where you choose whether to play in the Forest Temple, Toaru Village, or the Bokoblin King battle.

So, yes, it's essentially a fake. It won't be the TP overworld, and shouldn't. But judging by the choice of style, I'd say TP will have a lot of reed and wind instrumentation. Of course, the brass is implied, as this is an adventure game. Brass instruments are the symbol of adventure. I know a friend who would be pleasantly surprised to hear a B-flat clarinet in the ensemble. ^^
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Herr Doktor L Herr Doktor L is a male United States Herr Doktor L is offline
The good bad doctor.
View Posts: 438

Even if it isn't the actual overworld music, it is still pretty good. The Zelda overworld theme should do what it always does: Make you feel like you're on an adventure.
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-13-2006, 04:18 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 97

heres a good site for game music...
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gamecube/
i think the darkworld theme(lttp) would fit perfectly for the twilight realm
and they should go classic on the overworld and have the origional theme
also they should use molgeras theme for a battle... http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console...WW_molgera.mid
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-13-2006, 05:49 AM
goes to the mayor
View Posts: 5,441

I've been rethinking the purpose of overworld music in zelda. Perhaps it would be better if there was no overworld music, or if the overoworld music only played while you were riding your horse or boar.
98% of the teen population is cool, 2% aren't
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo
View Posts: 2,453

^ I know what you mean but I think when you're off the horse the music will slow it's pace and sort of fade away then instantly pick up when you get back on the horse/animal. Perhaps the music should also change to suit the animal you're riding.

Oh, is that a gal I see? No, it's just a fal'Cie!
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2006, 02:23 AM
Goron
View Posts: 222

so then kinda like Wind Waker's overworld then? because whenever you weren't sailing fast, the music would be quieter, and less dynamic. once you propped your sail the music would kick into a fuller, more dynamic theme. I think that'd be a great way to handle TP's overworld music, if you're going fast, it'll be full and dynamic, but when you're just trotting or running on foot it won't be so grand. it'll just be quieter, with a little less instrumentation.
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 15

Lol.
I like it, it doesnt sound happy at all, it sounds right, like the music from the other games is, the same type of mix and feel to it.
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2006, 08:43 PM
K-Mart sucks.
huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makar!
Lol.
I like it, it doesnt sound happy at all, it sounds right, like the music from the other games is, the same type of mix and feel to it.
Uhh... what music are you talking about?

#54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Your clothes... give them to me.
View Posts: 2,159

Personally, I think the E3 demo music is greatly suited to an overworld theme. If it was though, I doubt it would be anywheres near final. Remember the music in the ads for Wind Waker? It was basically the overworld theme just with a bit more "oomph", and was played so it would simply loop a certain segment of it.

But, I loved the music, really feels adventurey. You can imagine Link riding across Hyrule on his horsey-poo with that music... you know... just getting out of one of those deep and gloomy dungeons into the bright sparkling sun... a panning view of the green spanning land as we find Link suddenly ride into view. "Hyaa! *gallop gallop* Hyaa!" Woo! Seriously, I think it's awesome.

...oh and that orchestrated version of the Dark World theme stinks like poo. Just loses the touch.

They ALWAYS come back.

Don't get mod-spanked.
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via AIM to fyrenwater Send a message via Yahoo to fyrenwater
View Posts: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBeane
...oh and that orchestrated version of the Dark World theme stinks like poo. Just loses the touch.
T__T
...i liked it...

::goes off to corner to listen to song alone::
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2006, 09:16 PM
K-Mart sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBeane
Personally, I think the E3 demo music is greatly suited to an overworld theme. If it was though, I doubt it would be anywheres near final. Remember the music in the ads for Wind Waker? It was basically the overworld theme just with a bit more "oomph", and was played so it would simply loop a certain segment of it.

But, I loved the music, really feels adventurey. You can imagine Link riding across Hyrule on his horsey-poo with that music. "Hyaa! *gallop gallop* Hyaa!" Woo! Seriously, I think it's awesome.

E3 demo music. From the horse battle? or from the trailer?

#57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Your clothes... give them to me.
View Posts: 2,159

I was talking about the music that was linked in the first post of this thread. I can just imagine an extended version of this tune working soo good. And you know, changing key slightly to change the situation, like in Ocarina of Time... with that, the tune was all bright and happy, but when enemies were around it had this extra segment with a bit more urgency to it.

I don't understand why people think the overworld music has to always be dark and gloomy because it has a slightly darker theme. The music should always reflect the feeling of the game at that current time.

Its one of the things that took away from the boss battles in Wind Waker a little bit (apart from being ridiculously easy ), as the boss music was always too bouncy. Just like when you're adventuring in a large overworld you don't want to feel the doom and gloom, mostly.

They ALWAYS come back.

Don't get mod-spanked.

Tags
music, overworld