Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: How was the ending?
Good 137 78.29%
Bad 38 21.71%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 80
Re: Bad Ending

I liked the ending, but why'd the boat guy have to go? I liked him he was kinda like annoying navi. And bye-bye ganon again
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOZ Historian
I hated the ending. I don't care if what people say I did not want to see the original Hyrule destroyed. In some ways I wanted Ganondorf to win and bring back Hyrule. In that sence he would have been a hero to those that did not want to see this ending happen. What is the deal here anyway?! With Ganondorf vitualy burried under hundreds of feet of water and the Master Sword keeping him in his stone prison, it seems impossible that he would ever escape under these circumstances. And when the King makes his wish after touching the Triforce the Triforce splits up and goes in three different directions. Seems it will be a long time before anyone ever discovers its whereabouts again if ever. The future of the LoZ series looked pretty bleak and hopeless after this ending in WW.

It seemed that this indeed was the final conclusion to the LoZ series. The whole ending made me think that this game went at the end of the timeline. But then there is people that wish that Hyrule will be reborn some how or there will be a new Hyrule found, but I doubt it. I just don't get what possible future Hyrule has. I can reason with Ganondorf here. What hope does the planet have if they are to survive on a bunch of small pitiful islands.
That is precisely why I thought it was one fo the best endings ever. Because it didn't end like every other Zelda game with the possibility of a threat looming over Hyrule once more. It ended with hope, and happiness for the future. Why can't this be the last in the instalment? It doesn't mean the series ends - after all, the timeline is so mysterious and jumpy no-one knows what it really is. They could make another one set before OoT, and another one set immediately after MM. But they could still make one after WW. It may not be Hyrule, but it is still the same universe - the same gods, the same Triforce. The hero known as Link could still come forward. And who knows, Hyrule could come back once more, though I like to think it comes around naturally rather than forcefully. Not by someone who remembers old Hyrule, but perhaps just the name comes to a person who discovers now land, in a dream, or straight out of the blue. After all, we don't know how the original Hyrule came to be called Hyrule - it could have been the gods' doing, but considering it's the last name of the Royal family it could be entirely up to people.
That's how open that ending is.
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Classic Old School Action
Send a message via Skype™ to Lozzie
View Posts: 9,466

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLink714
I liked the ending, but why'd the boat guy have to go? I liked him he was kinda like annoying navi. And bye-bye ganon again
Umm...

The spirit haunting the boat dies saving Link and Tetra. Review the ending
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo
View Posts: 2,456

I think it's worth noting a wish made by the triforce only lasts as long as the person lives. So after the spirt passes on the kingdom may drain. Not likely though.
Also i thought the Deku tree was joining Islands together by planting those magic trees of his, so eventually the sea will become a new kingdom and probably both the master sword and Ganondorf will be lost. Well until Ganondorf's reincarnated.

Oh, is that a gal I see? No, it's just a fal'Cie!
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Lost Within the Twilight
View Posts: 79

i personolly liked it alot, and i don't think that hyrule would be gone forever because the service is still part of hyrule and when i saw it flooded, the castle was not destroyed. Also, i thought the king was a ghost or something like that, meh.
But i thought it was a great ending
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Link's No. 1 Fangirl
Send a message via AIM to KnowItAllSister Send a message via Yahoo to KnowItAllSister
View Posts: 759

Quote:
I hated the ending. I don't care if what people say I did not want to see the original Hyrule destroyed.
A lot of people feel this way about the ending. But here's how I interpret it: I think that since Hyrule was forever sunken in the ocean, it was technically already destroyed. To me, the ending was not the complete destruction of Hyrule, but the rebirth of Hyrule. It has already sunken to the bottom of the ocean, and there's nothing you can do about that. You can't just randomly have it float up again. I think what Link and Zelda are going to search for (at the end of the game) is a new land that can be Hyrule's brother land and continue on the former Hyrule's glory. Don't get the wrong impression of me if it seems like I'm trying to be a smartbutt. This is just how I interpret the ending. I think the ending really depends on how you interpret it.
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo
View Posts: 2,456

I felt hopeful at the end. I mean they are going to find the new Hyrule. Either the deku tree will make a new continent or Link and the pirates will find the new land.
But i Hated the credits. From Zelda you like to look back at the people you've helped or met and i don't mean looking at them in bubble vision.

Oh, is that a gal I see? No, it's just a fal'Cie!
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2006, 05:52 AM
Resident Ranma 1/2 Fan
View Posts: 292

Well if the Deku Tree's plan works, all of the great sea will eventually be one giant landmass.
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Random Wanderer
View Posts: 88

... I have to wonder then if the original Hyrule's ruins will be recovered from the water then? And also a question concerning Ganondorf's demise at the end.. After being stabbed in the head with the Master Sword, his body turned to stone. Stone erodes away in water eventually, so do any of you think by the time the sea disappears, that perhaps Ganon's body may have eroded away?
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Herr Doktor L Herr Doktor L is a male United States Herr Doktor L is offline
The good bad doctor.
View Posts: 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackaru
As long as that sword's lodged in his skull, he isn't going anywhere. And he'll drown even if he did get free.
You see, Ganondorf won't drown. Ganondorf made a bet with the grim reaper a long time ago and won. Ganondorf and death do not see eye-to-eye.

Anyways, I liked the ending, rather sad. Ganondorf showed rage and wisdom instead of arrogance. It made you want to shake Ganondorf's hand and switch sides. Let Ganondorf get Hyrule back up, THEN get stabby with him. It was sad to see all of Hyrule, the land saved in OOT and TP, that so many challeneges were endured in, get washed away in the undulating water. Ganondorf's laugh wasn't one of humor, but of exhaustion. All of his hopes, his dreams, his wind, all crashing and being destroyed around him. I cannot imagine the psychological torture Ganondorf has endured throughout ALL Zelda games. However, he always comes out strong. He is the ultimate badass of all fictional characters. WW showed it even more. It crushed me as well. I not only felt bad for Ganondorf, but for the land of Hyrule. The beautiful land of Hyrule, like a miniature Germany, was just a brilliant place. It was so colorful, and filled with magic. Kakariko Village, Hyrule Castle ttown, Kokiri forest, Gerudo Valley....all destroyed....all to be lost forever. WW had a great ending.....very sad....and showed hope for the future. It was awesome.
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Ram the Blade Ship.
Steam ID: Dvernon

View Posts: 2,203

The Wind Waker's ending was perfect in my eyes.
Quote:
The whole ending made me think that this game went at the end of the timeline. But then there is people that wish that Hyrule will be reborn some how or there will be a new Hyrule found, but I doubt it. I just don't get what possible future Hyrule has. I can reason with Ganondorf here. What hope does the planet have if they are to survive on a bunch of small pitiful islands.
"Live for the future.
There may be nothing left for you...
But despite that, you must look forward and walk a path of hope, trusting that it will sustain you when darkness comes."

Ganondorf could never understand the wisdom in those words, and he lived his life regretting the past and seeing only despair in the future. He wanted to revive the past because he saw nothing in the future.

The trouble with reviving Hyrule was that it would be like Noah trying to rebuild the world the way it had been before God sent the Flood. Hyrule had fallen into ceaseless conflict, and the goddesses wanted to put an end to it and build a new world. They allowed Daphnes' spirit to linger so that he could create the foundation for the new world, similar to how God chose to have Noah survive. But Daphnes didn't understand that, and he was also obsessed with the past until he realized his mistake. He then fulfilled his destiny and "scattered the seeds of the future." He served his purpose as the goddesses had desired, so his spirit could then finally go to rest.

If you still doubt there is any hope for the future of that world consider this: The King touched the Triforce and made this wish:

"Hope! I desire hope for these children! Give them a future!
Wash away this ancient land of Hyrule. Let a ray of hope shine on the future of the world!
"

Ganondorf laughed at that wish. He then challenged the power of the Triforce, intending to prove the wish to be worthless by killing Link and Zelda, the ones who were to continue Daphnes' work and bring hope to the Great Sea.
vacumgod, that is probably the clearest evidence that the Triforce Piece on Ganondorf's hand was unintended. Ganondorf was fighting against the Triforce, so it would be completely senseless for him to borrow its power as he did so. Ganondorf no longer believed the Triforce held significant power.
But it was Daphnes' wish and the power of the Triforce that conquered Ganondorf. The game had established multiple times that Link, even with the restored Master Sword, was incapable of resisting Ganondorf. But in the last battle the Triforce was blessing Link and Zelda with its power, allowing the children to emerge victorious.

The Triforce proved that it indeed had the power to grant the King's wish. Therefore, no matter how bleak the circumstances may be, there is undeniably tremedous hope for the future of the world.
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2006, 01:32 AM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to OniLink87
View Posts: 159

Yes the ending I could have dont without. Especially the bubble vision credits. It was just a shame to see all of Hyrule being washed away like that. But as long as Ganon went with it I guess its ok then.

"Death is only the beginning"
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,110

You don't like TWW's ending? Try AoL's or LOZ's. I'm sure you'll get along nicely. The princess tells you you're a hero and Hyrule is all happy again.

I really liked TWW's ending, despite the sucky credits afterwards. It was very unique and interesting, and it left a huge amount of possibilities for future games. With all the other games, everything just went back to the way it was before. At the end of TWW, the characters have actually changed. I liked that.
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 5,680

I think Hyrule will be ressurected one day. The old cities and Hyrule castle will be swept away, and the landscape will be changed. So I think one day the cursed (it's a cursed ocean remember, no good at all), will eventually vanish, and the people will begin anew, a rebirth.

This is why I think so:

Ganon and the master sword are still there. For ganon to come back, he has to break the seal on himself, and that means leaving Hyrule somehow. I can't imagine him swimming....

The king with the funny name that I can't be bothered to remember said:
That land will not be Hyrule. It will be your land!

So the new land will not be Hyrule, just a namesake.

And besides....Hyrule is the link to the Sacred Realm. If we are going to go visit again, it will probably mean going back to Hyrule.

I didn't like the ending either. It was short, and unsatisfying. I wanted to see everyone in the Great Sea partying, like in OoT or MM. And Medli and Makar didn't do much, and I like them best.

I also felt sad that the Hyrule I grew up on, and all the places I had come to love, and the legacy of Ruto, Nabooru, Link, Saria and all the other characters I loved, just get washed away like that.

You know its SEXY.

My friend's group. Join! http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...n-society.html
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feline Witch
I didn't like the ending either. It was short, and unsatisfying. I wanted to see everyone in the Great Sea partying, like in OoT or MM. And Medli and Makar didn't do much, and I like them best.
As much as I liked watching stuff going on during the credits of OoT and MM, I don't think people dancing would fit the ending of TWW. Unless it was on the healed Great Fish Isle. I wanted to see that island so bad.
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 5,680

They wouldn't have to be dancing, because they probably had no idea what was going on anyway. Just seeing the characters going about their day to day lives would be enough....maybe the Koroks planting stuff, Medli and Komali flying together....

You know its SEXY.

My friend's group. Join! http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...n-society.html
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Ram the Blade Ship.
Steam ID: Dvernon

View Posts: 2,203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian Lemon
You don't like TWW's ending? Try AoL's or LOZ's. I'm sure you'll get along nicely. The princess tells you you're a hero and Hyrule is all happy again.
Heh, well put.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feline Witch
So I think one day the cursed (it's a cursed ocean remember, no good at all), will eventually vanish, and the people will begin anew, a rebirth.
The goddesses sent the ocean so it's no more cursed than the Triforce is.
Quote:
The king with the funny name that I can't be bothered to remember said:
That land will not be Hyrule. It will be your land!

So the new land will not be Hyrule, just a namesake.
The ending doesn't imply that there will be a new land. When the King says "That land will not be Hyrule... It will be YOUR land!!!" he is not implying that there is some vast land mass the children will find. Tetra insisted that they would find "The land that will be the next Hyrule," and the King was telling her that if they found land, it would not be the next Hyrule (or New Hyrule).
He was making them understand that Hyrule would be gone forever, and they should not go into the future obsessing over bringing back what is in the past.
Quote:
Ganon and the master sword are still there. For ganon to come back, he has to break the seal on himself, and that means leaving Hyrule somehow. I can't imagine him swimming....

And besides....Hyrule is the link to the Sacred Realm. If we are going to go visit again, it will probably mean going back to Hyrule.
But why bring back those things? TWW did a solid job of tying up the plots related to Ganondorf, the Master Sword, Hyrule and the Triforce. I'd imagine the Sacred Realm was restored as well when a righteous person touched the Triforce. Bringing back those plot elements would be like making a fourth Lord of the Rings movie, in which it turns out the Ring and Sauron weren't really destroyed.
Quote:
I wanted to see everyone in the Great Sea partying, like in OoT or MM.
What did they have to party about? They'd been living in blissful ignorance, suffering no opression.
In OoT Hyrule had been released from seven years of tyranny. In MM the apocalypse was prevented. In TWW Ganondorf just lurked in his fortress watching all those feeble beings going about their meaningless lives, forsaken by the gods, like fallen leaves in a forgotten pool. At the end Link and Tetra finally decided it was time to actually do something about the dismal situation the world was in.
Quote:
I also felt sad that the Hyrule I grew up on, and all the places I had come to love, and the legacy of Ruto, Nabooru, Link, Saria and all the other characters I loved, just get washed away like that.
Me too.
Last Edited by Hylian Dan; 03-18-2006 at 11:28 PM. Reason:
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Thorny Devil
View Posts: 1,377

I certainly didn't hate the way the ending turned out, but I think it could have been lead up to better to give the ending a greater impact. What if the objective of the game had been to restore Hyrule? What if the king had sent Link on a mission to put the power back in the sword so that he could once again slay Ganondorf, reunite the triforce and wish Hyrule back to life and save everyone from their terrible exile on the islands of the great sea.

Then right towards the end, when Ganondorf beats your ass down, and is about to make his wish to be the new ruler of Hyrule, and the king steps in and wishes the Hyrule to be destroyed because "I'd rather see it destroyed than under the hand of the king of evil!" IMO that would have made the drowning of Hyrule much more dramatic.

Command your people; climb the mountains
Their peaks shall become the shore
The darkness will be defeated
But Hyrule will be no more

#59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-19-2006, 06:54 AM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,635

The scene right before Hyrule was washed away rocked. But the overly sugarsweet scenes that followed, completely ruined it. The winky winky scene was almost as bad as the one in the beginning of the game when Link said goodbye to Outset Island. Embarassing to look at.
And the credits were just tasteless.
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2006, 02:48 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 37

The credits were the worst ever but the ending was great and also it led to a good sequel i mean imagine thousands of years later when the great see has dried up and thers a city in it a new link goes down in ther gets attacked by a monster when he sees the sword pulls it out of ganon kills the monster goes away then after a while ganon escapes his rock prison and is out to dominate the world again but ends up dying at the hands of link

Tags
bad, ending