Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-12-2005, 07:01 PM
SoupDetective SoupDetective is a male United Kingdom SoupDetective is offline
Word Sorcerer
View Posts: 461
A few Little \Theories i have been working on...

To begin with i am not stating that anything i say here is factual, or that i am definately right, but i believe it to be possible.

1, Midna's existence outside the Twilight Realm.

Well i heard somebody mention once that they thought it was likely that midna was one of the dark tribe that created the majora's mask, and they demonstrated this theory by comparing pictures of midna's head dress thing with the markings on the majora's mask, and i have to say that they are very similar indeed, especially the eye on midna's hat and that og the mask.
Now that i have also heard Eiji Aunuma discuss the vague nature of Midna's existence beyond the twilight realm, and heard theories that she could be an inanimate object, my curiossity has lead me to wonder if perhaps she IS the Majora's Mask.
Sounds wierd I know, but come on, she looks more like the mask than she looks like the master sword, and that seemed to be a fairly popular theory.
Also, It is rumoured that the skull Kid is making a return in TP, and although we dont know if it is the same skull kid or not, if madna was the majora's mask it would go some way to explain his reappearance. perhaps he is drawn to the mask in the same way gollum is drawn to Sauron's Ring In the Lord of the Rings, or maybe he feels he has to destroy it personally. Link allows Midna To ride on his back as a wolf, and so if skullkid was hunteing her it would make sense that he might attack Link as he does in the video. But that theory is kinda weak, so moving on....

2, The Goron Who Foghts Link.

Now then, as I am sure most of you are aware by now, after much confusion, it is OFFICIAL (so don't question) that TP is set a few decades after OOT. We also know that Gorons' will definately feature in TP. So who will be leading them?
Logically, the leader of the Gorons after Darunia's departure at the end of OOT would Be His son, whom he named after Link. As only about 20 or 30 years have passed since OOT, Link the Goron is Likely to have grown up and continued to lead the Goron race. and it is my Guess that the gron Link was fighting in the second TP Trailer is the very same one that was named after the hero of time, after all does his hairstyle not look very similar to that of Darunia's? As to why he is Fighting Link, i'd wager that it is some sort of test, perhaps He recognises Link as the Hero of Time and wishes him to prove himself in battle?
Gorons are generally peacefull, sounless they had a reason to test, or aniciate Link, i can think of no reason why they would fight him.

so finally...

3, The Deku Sprout.

Ok, who remembers the deku sprout that spawned from the Deku Tree after Link saved the forest temple in OOT? And who remembers the walking Tree man, type thing in the zelda trailer. I would guess, that they are one and the same. makes sense really, the deku sprout senses the dark presence around the forest and decides to move it. slowly, perhaps, but still still travelling. which is what the tree fellow in TP looks to be in the process of doing.
also, that would explain how the deku tree ended up on a mountain in WW.Perhaps he saw beyond the evil of the Twilight Realm and forsaw the flooding of Hyrule. who knows. but i'm pretty much decided that he is probably the same darn sprout, after all he has had a couple of decades to grow.

Final Thoughts.

Maybe Midna is the majoras mask and has something to do with the progression of the twilight realm, but by the time Link realises this it is too late. Mybe link and zelda are then forced to enter the sacred realm to try and obtain the triforce of power, so that they can use it to push back the Twilight realm, but in doing this, Ganon is given the chance to escape, and eventuallt manages to flood the place, but Link cannot stop him because it is of greater importance that the twilight realm be stopped from consuming the world. Maybe I need to get out more, I don't know, but i'd like to know what any fellow Hyrule Historians or philosofers make of my Theories.

So What you reckon?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,358
Re: A few Little \Theories i have been working on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino DX
2, The Goron Who Foghts Link
Logically, the leader of the Gorons after Darunia's departure at the end of OOT would Be His son, whom he named after Link. As only about 20 or 30 years have passed since OOT, Link the Goron is Likely to have grown up and continued to lead the Goron race. and it is my Guess that the gron Link was fighting in the second TP Trailer is the very same one that was named after the hero of time, after all does his hairstyle not look very similar to that of Darunia's? As to why he is Fighting Link, i'd wager that it is some sort of test, perhaps He recognises Link as the Hero of Time and wishes him to prove himself in battle?
Gorons are generally peacefull, sounless they had a reason to test, or aniciate Link, i can think of no reason why they would fight him.
I am only going to comment on this theory for now. One of the more recent videos all but confirmed that there are these little "Twilight Spiders" capable of possessing normally friendly creatures. This was the case with the Baboon in the Forest Temple and it can only be assumed that it is the case with the Goron.

http://www.hyrule.net/index.php?get=...15video&lan=en

Watch the video entitled "Baboon-mini boss of the Forest Temple" and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-12-2005, 07:53 PM
REESE'S PUFF CEREAL
View Posts: 543

Wow i'm impressed someone has finally given there theories a thought instead of just pronouncing them anyway i kinda actually like your theory about midna being majoras maks except for the fact was when link (oot) beat Majora his/her spirit got vanquished away from the mask so it kinda doesn't make sense. Anyway the goron thing is probably right maybe i don't think it is darunias son but i have a strange feeling it is his grandson ( just saying not totally sayin a fact on this). What elsee ummmmm yah the sprout could actually be right since he had to move since in Tww he was in a different place then in the kokiri forest in Oot

I HIT POST 400
Finally my sig and avy are complete
Thanks to wwww9898 for the original and for trigun to finish it up
Friends are knowitallsister $LINK$
Zelda's link and hero of winds#1
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2005, 07:46 AM
Word Sorcerer

Thanks Oot Master, it's nice to be appreciated by people who know what their talking about.
Yeah the Midna thing, well I don't know about being the actual original mask, but I think it still seems likely that She is connected to the it at least, perhaps whoever it was was right when they guessed that she is a member of the tribe that created the mask, or perhaps she is an embodyment of the the power the mask contained, after all we know that the evil vanished from the mask, but we don't know if it vanished for good. To Me the similarities seem far too obvious to discount just yet, but then i suppose i am biased.

Sheik 84, I do not believe for one second that the goron in the video would have to be currupted by evil to be able to battle Link. For one thing the Baboon in the video clearly has the Twilight Spider attatched to his head. the goron in question had no such spider attatched, and showed no other visable signs of evil or enslavement. And anyway, It would hardly be the first time the gorons have asked Link to prove himself somehow. and seeing as Darunia Himself was a of a long line of goron warriors it would make perfect sense that if this new goron was, as i suspect, his son (or possibly grandson) he would challenge Anyone posing as the Hero of Time to prove themself in battle.
I could be wrong about him being darunias secendant, but i do not think that he is evil.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Goron
View Posts: 120

Commenting on #3:

Ya that does make sense, but my theory is that Kokiri(OOT) evolved into those big things(for some reason)(TP), then over the years evolved into Korok(TWW)(Yes 99 times smaller)

Friends on ZU: the-end, Farelle
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2005, 10:00 PM
A link to the past
View Posts: 81

Quote:
Thanks Oot Master, it's nice to be appreciated by people who know what their talking about.
Yeah the Midna thing, well I don't know about being the actual original mask, but I think it still seems likely that She is connected to the it at least, perhaps whoever it was was right when they guessed that she is a member of the tribe that created the mask, or perhaps she is an embodyment of the the power the mask contained, after all we know that the evil vanished from the mask, but we don't know if it vanished for good. To Me the similarities seem far too obvious to discount just yet, but then i suppose i am biased.

Sheik 84, I do not believe for one second that the goron in the video would have to be currupted by evil to be able to battle Link. For one thing the Baboon in the video clearly has the Twilight Spider attatched to his head. the goron in question had no such spider attatched, and showed no other visable signs of evil or enslavement. And anyway, It would hardly be the first time the gorons have asked Link to prove himself somehow. and seeing as Darunia Himself was a of a long line of goron warriors it would make perfect sense that if this new goron was, as i suspect, his son (or possibly grandson) he would challenge Anyone posing as the Hero of Time to prove themself in battle.
I could be wrong about him being darunias secendant, but i do not think that he is evil.
I think it's very unlikely that they would have a main Zelda game like TP be connected to a spin-off game such as MM. The similar decoration on Midna's headdress may be a subtle nod to MM from the game designers, but I highly doubt there will be any story connection. It wouldn't be the first time they've recycled an image from a past game. The "Sheikah Eye" was inspired by the design on Aghanim's costume in ALTTP.

To be honest I don't think TP is going to have anything to do with the other games in the series. Maybe a few vague hints and similarities to previous games, but no firm place in the timeline. I wouldn't give that whole "a few decades after OoT" thing much credit, since both EA an Shiggy have been known to throw out random timeline positions like that in the past in order to please the fans. If you recall, shortly before the "few decades after" statement was made, EA claimed they hadn't yet decided where TP fit. So it's obvious to me that it's place in the timeline is going to be neither defined nor important to the story this time around.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Word Sorcerer

By EA I hope you mean Eiji Aunuma, rather than Electronic Arts. Damn those cretins!
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Miyamoto: Sell games in Yourope? Wot Yourope?
View Posts: 763

That's an amazing theory! Almost everything fits!
Midna=Evil Majora's Mask=Evil

Midna's own reason to help and stay with Link that's been talked about is to protect herself from someone like Skull Kid trying to finally get rid of her! Maybe she's helping Link to prove she is a good person now, to stop anyone considering finally defeating her.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Insane little jester
View Posts: 2,303

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipman
That's an amazing theory! Almost everything fits!
Midna=Evil Majora's Mask=Evil
well, we don't know for a fact that she's evil...
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Word Sorcerer

Yes we do, Aunuma stated in an interview a few months back that: "Midna is an evil Creature with her own agenda..."
Sounds pretty evil to me!
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,079

Okay let see. For starters, that's a great theory, good logical basis, and great evidence.
Issue #1 - No I don't think Midna is the mask. Majora was destroyed, and the mask was stripped of the evil. Also, like the triforce is to Hyrule, I believe Nintendo meant for Majora to be bound to Termina. I believe that Midna being the magic sword is much more logical. Think about it. If the twilight realm has transformed objects, as well as Link, then the Master Sword could've been transformed within the realm and thus, escaped the Temple of Time, and once Wolf Link meets up with Midna in the realm, she rides on his back. So perhaps once they leave the realm, the Master Sword is on Link's back? That would be a creative way to obtain it. And as for the evil of Midna, that could work too. "The blade of evil's bane." . That implies that the blade is pure, but it is fact that Midna resembles more the hilt of the blade. And that would also be an odd coincidince, seeing how the hand that comes out of Midna's Crown is used to battle, as would the blade of the master sword.
2. Yeah, that could work.
3. That would be really creative to see, if the sprout was actually trying to escape. After all, we never saw the front of the tree.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Word Sorcerer

yeah ok, well i'll accept your arguments against Midna being the mask, it was a bit of a shot in the dark anyway. but i do not believe that Midna could be the master sword for a second. for one thing she is said to be evil and the mastersword destroys anything that is evil, so that just doesnt add up, also, what possible dark agenda could the master sword have?
I'm beginning to think that when they described the vague manner in which she exists in the real world, that they were referring to her existence as perhaps more of a spirit form, maybe she even takes on the role of Link's shadow? It's all just speculation.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,079

How about if the main quest of the story was to purify the master sword?
I dunno I'm just making guesses here, but it would be quite the twist if the Master Sword was evil....in some way. In fact, I'd love to see Nintendo elaborate on the story of the forging of the Sword.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Word Sorcerer

Yeah, that des sound like a good idea. actually the parts in the wind waker where you had to get the sages to return the masterswords power were some of my favourite parts, i'd love to have more of that sort of thing. maybe it would be infected by the twilight somehow, so until you purified it it wouldn't work on dark enemies but would cause the grass and stuff in the real world to wilt and things like that.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-21-2005, 01:47 AM
Goron
View Posts: 136

Quote:
yeah ok, well i'll accept your arguments against Midna being the mask, it was a bit of a shot in the dark anyway. but i do not believe that Midna could be the master sword for a second. for one thing she is said to be evil and the mastersword destroys anything that is evil, so that just doesnt add up, also, what possible dark agenda could the master sword have?
I'm beginning to think that when they described the vague manner in which she exists in the real world, that they were referring to her existence as perhaps more of a spirit form, maybe she even takes on the role of Link's shadow? It's all just speculation.
I don't recall EA or Miyamoto actually saying "Midna is evil". It has simply been implied and assumed, since she is a creature of the twilight realm. I believe the closest quote was that Midna has her own agenda, and even then, i'm not sure if that was said.

She doesn't have to be evil, and if she is, there are many ways to justify it for the sword theory.

Hylian Shield, Eye of truth, Fire and ice arrows, Nayru's love and Farore's wind, Deku nuts, Ammo upgrades, Special swords, Golden skulltulas, Extra hearts/heart pieces, coated hearts, The song of Storms, the sun song, Epona's song, scarecrow song, and any extra bottles.

If anyone knows how to get around using bombchus in Ganon's Tower, PM me. I have tried everything.

Currently working on a similar runthrough with Master Quest/and minimum running ALttP now.
Also 3 hearted - tWW, MM, OoT MQ (Not sure if what i have is minimum though).
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Insane little jester
View Posts: 2,303

Quote:
Yes we do, Aunuma stated in an interview a few months back that: "Midna is an evil Creature with her own agenda..."
Sounds pretty evil to me!
source on the evil-statement, please.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Word Sorcerer

Well that I am afraid I could not tell you. I only believe it to be fact as it has been stated as fact by many prolific forum members and printed in magazines, but i cannot recall where I originally read it, so i'm afraid I don't know where it was originally said or in what context. All I know is that Nintendo like to make the line between good and evil clear in all their characters. Midna's character design looks like it was made specifically to appear evil and is remeniscent of the design of other evil characters such as Vaati, The Majora's mask and of course ganon. They would not invent a charcter in black with glowing yellow eyes and a sort of glowing tribal tattoo design if they were meant to be good, it would go against all the principals of the zelda design since the beginning of zelda.
True, It could be some kind of bluff, but I really do not think for one second that they would present a character so overtly evil looking to fool people. if they wanted to do that they would have made her look less destinct so that there is more of a mystery about her, Like sheik, had red eyes, but also had the mark of the sheikah, so it made her/him seem neutral.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Goron
View Posts: 136

I don't know. Let's get someone to find a source for that, then i'll gladly alter my ideas.

Hylian Shield, Eye of truth, Fire and ice arrows, Nayru's love and Farore's wind, Deku nuts, Ammo upgrades, Special swords, Golden skulltulas, Extra hearts/heart pieces, coated hearts, The song of Storms, the sun song, Epona's song, scarecrow song, and any extra bottles.

If anyone knows how to get around using bombchus in Ganon's Tower, PM me. I have tried everything.

Currently working on a similar runthrough with Master Quest/and minimum running ALttP now.
Also 3 hearted - tWW, MM, OoT MQ (Not sure if what i have is minimum though).

Tags
theories, working