Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1261 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Crazy Sheikah
View Posts: 526
Re: The Twilight Princess Hype Thread

agreed. we should all just be able to put in the gamecube game into the wii and play....

Is Now Introducing...
  #1262 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 02:20 PM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460

But they didnt make it like that. I am sure they didnt just think 'hey lets just put this game in 2 versions that are actualy the same but gameplay style!"

I am sure they debated over this for awhile, did the pros and cons of doing it both ways and it looks like this was the best route.

Its not like they are forcing you to pay for a Wii or any other Zelda game anyways. Its up to you whether you want to buy both versions and play them or just choose the style you prefer.

Also give it some time and Wii TP will be on ebay for alot cheaper than in stores, same with the GC version. Also its not like they are forcing you to pay for both games right away, yet again that is your choice. If you cant spend all this money on a Wii and 2 versions of TP then fine, buy what you can and slowly try and save up for the item(s) you couldn't buy.

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
  #1263 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,516

Quote:
I am sure they debated over this for awhile, did the pros and cons of doing it both ways and it looks like this was the best route.
Yes, for them.

-They don't need to bother incorporating standard control into the Wii version.
-Some idiots will buy both, meaning more money
-Zelda will serve as an impetus for the launch of Wii (which is why we're seeing a Wii version in the first place--why waste their flagship title on a dead system?)

They ARE forcing you to buy both. If you want to try both styles then you have to buy both. As a consumer, why you would support this decision doesn't make any sense. You're either paying more money, or you aren't getting both play styles. This benefits you in no way.

Why defend Nintendo when they're clearly screwing you over? Give me a break. It isn't the end of the world, but please admit that the consumer is not benefitting in this situation. Giving you a choice is not favoring the consumer. Giving you both is. Nintendo's promise to be an "and" rather than an "or" company has been unfulfilled in many instances.

What is particularly sad is how correctible this whole thing could be. Just allow us to insert our Gamecube controllers when playing the Wii version, and all is well.

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
Last Edited by Bill; 05-14-2006 at 03:20 PM. Reason:
  #1264 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 04:02 PM
The incidental artist!
Send a message via AIM to Iroas Send a message via Skype™ to Iroas
View Posts: 3,621

Pfft you emo.. (j/k)
Quote:
What is particularly sad is how correctible this whole thing could be. Just allow us to insert our Gamecube controllers when playing the Wii version, and all is well.
That's probably easier said than done, I'm sure nintendo has had it's reason to do it this way other then to "screw us over" for money.
  #1265 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 04:30 PM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460

Why do lawyers defend murderers? well i really dont know but... I try and defend people who cant defend themselfs in certin situations(like this for example, they are not hear to defend themselfs)

Also, Like Iroas said, its probably easier said than done. Im sure it wouldn't be to hard for them to solve it that way, but say they mess up somewhere along the lines forcing them to delay Wii and TP. which will piss of thousands of people.

Sure they maybe wanting you to pay for both games and play them, but in no way are they forcing you to. You have several options if you do want to pay for GC verison Wii and WiiTP. ok maybe not several but you have quite a bit to choose from.

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
  #1266 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 28

I'll still buy both. I really dont care about the price, considering that the leadup to this game is soo amazing, and I want this game SOOOO badly. I dont want to make the wrong choice. What if the Wii version controls like crap? I have the GC version. Or vice versa?

BTW, I have just found out that the TP demos at E3 were running on a GC. I swear to God. they put a super secret Wii controller compatibility thing on the GC, and the demo disc was a GC disc. Pretty sad Nintendo..

After all this "people getting Wii's before launch" stuff, am I the only one who REALLY wants a job at Gamespot/IGN?
  #1267 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Nani?
View Posts: 325

I would prefer to buy it on the Gamecube if it does come out on the Gamecube, as I already have a gamecube as it would cost too much to buy the Wii(released later this year). But for the People who have the money, try and get the Wii as the action will indefinately better. Has anyone read the recent Time mag, they reviewed the Wii. Twilight Princess, you can aim the bow and arrow with the controller. Awesome.

#1268 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Deku Scrub

I just though of something.

Check out this pic from the trailer. There is no Z item holder in the HUD! This means that all the in-game footage is from an existing demo! Im 99% sure that there wont only be 2 on-screen items allowed in the final game. Also, there is a pretty good chance that you bring out your sheild with R. So cant equipt items to R.

What does this mean? There could possibly be a demo that is released to the public, which includes Hyrule field/town, a dungeon, and the Wolf link demo!

After all this "people getting Wii's before launch" stuff, am I the only one who REALLY wants a job at Gamespot/IGN?
  #1269 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 90

I have a question here. Do you guys know if the Parry attack will be making a come back. Everybody is talking about Wii functionality, but NOBODY has mentioned if the parry is back. It is just that I didn´t liked the parry attack at all, it makes things too easy in WW. Do you know if it was present at the demo.
  #1270 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 17

well looking at the trailer implies that the Parry attack may come back in the game... which i hope they bring back the IronKnuckle guys, those were always fun to fight. Now give them TP graphics and all that fun stuff and im sure it will make a great battle

As for the 2 items im fine, i usualy only use 2 items anyways. Which is my bow and hookshot. well i do have the ocarina out most of the time. SO i will do fine with the 2 items
  #1271 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Boxer Briefs Boxer Briefs is a male United States Boxer Briefs is offline
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Send a message via AIM to Boxer Briefs
View Posts: 932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek 84
Why defend Nintendo when they're clearly screwing you over? Give me a break. It isn't the end of the world, but please admit that the consumer is not benefitting in this situation. Giving you a choice is not favoring the consumer. Giving you both is. Nintendo's promise to be an "and" rather than an "or" company has been unfulfilled in many instances.
I was pretty disappointed that Nintendo did this as well. It's simply not fair. They're trying to find away to cheat around their previous statements saying "The game will exclusively be a Gamecube title." Now it seems as if it's been switched around: It's mainly a Wii title, but a crappier version will be thrown in for the Gamecube, for those less fortunate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek 84
This situation is a dilema.
Because I am a disgustingly compulsive perfectionist, I coulsn't resist the urge to tell you that you spelled the word wrong - it's dilemma.
  #1272 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Deku Scrub

Im just saying, if there are only 2 items in GC, and 3 in Wii, thats messed up.

#1273 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 09:23 PM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
RIP Robin Williams (8/11/14)
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

View Posts: 11,251

Official Art
Scans from Electronic Gaming Monthly (from landofthelegend.net)
Cover
Pic #1
Pic #2
Pic #3
Pic #4

(Yes I'm well aware that the pictures above are "old")

A small TP Official Art update (the pictures are from the "Cover" and "Pic#4" from the EGM magazine)

(I found these pictures at ZeldaLegends...they are simply lone official art shots of what was shown in that magazine (since the images were small/blury) )
Goron Boss: Here's my observation. This is clearly the boss of the Goron Iron Mines. If you look at the TP videos shown at E3, there was one or two scenes showing Link hurling a large boulder-like boss. At first I didn't want to admit it was a Goron (I love them...and I still will even if they do turn bad), but now there isn't much to say. Take a look at what is on this Goron's feet. Red and black metal...the battle is taken place inside a iron mine, correct? So those "shoes" have to be it's version of his own "Magnetic boots". And with all of those strips of metal screwed into his body, I wouldn't be surprized if we will have to dodge from this levetating juggernaught as he crashes from above, or even fight him an the ceiling.

Hylian Knight
Midna riding Wolf-Link
Freaky clowns: Hmmm one is short, and the other is tall. Will this be TP's version of Talon & Ingo (Mario & Luigi)?

If this is old news too, quite sorry, I have many things juggling right now to see if this has already been discussed.

-BGS

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS
  #1274 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 09:30 PM
The Hero in Green
View Posts: 108

Lotor, yes the parry attack is back in TP. This was confirmed at the 2005 roundtable for TP at E3.
  #1275 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Your clothes... give them to me.
View Posts: 2,159

I regards to whether TP Wii can do traditional controls, I think we should hold our horses for a while. Nintendo hasn't said once that you don't have an option to turn the Wii motion sensing functionality off. It might still be possible. If that's possible, I guess it wouldn't matter if you played with the Wii or GCN controller.

Patience is a virtue

They ALWAYS come back.

Don't get mod-spanked.
  #1276 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2006, 06:59 AM
ftw
Send a message via AIM to BLT
View Posts: 773

Hairy clowns. No, hairy clowns in belly shirts. Even worse, ugly hairy clowns in vibrant belly shirt drag outfits with sandals. WITHOUT SOCKS.

My childhood nightmares have come true. I seriously hope they're like a boss or something so you get to beat the crap out of them just for being alive.

~Clopin for the win~
  #1277 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2006, 07:25 AM
King of the Earth Fist
Send a message via AIM to lugeasilver
View Posts: 1,228

Man so many enemys it's not even funny. I mean come on, clowns, cyver green and black thingys, masive eals, blazing balrogs, giant, not on the ceiling spiders, how many enemys can this zeldfa have the fill up 100 hours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohesus View Post
It might be an opinion, but it isn't a valid one. It is impossible for SS's controls to feel "tacked on" or "forced".
  #1278 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2006, 12:32 PM
SoupDetective SoupDetective is a male United Kingdom SoupDetective is offline
Word Sorcerer
View Posts: 461

I don't think those clowns are supposed to be enemies. They don't have any weapons for a start (apart from their evil clown magic of course), but they just kind of look like a couple of losers to be honest. I'm pretty sure they'll just be some of the locals who need some help in some form of clown based sub-plot. *Shudders*
  #1279 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 509

Quote:
A small TP Official Art update (the pictures are from the "Cover" and "Pic#4" from thEGM magazine)

Goron Boss: Here's my observation. This is clearly the boss of the Goron Iron Mines. If you look at the TP videos shown at E3, there was one or two scenes showing Link hurling a large boulder-like boss. At first I didn't want to admit it was a Goron (I love them...and I still will even if they do turn bad), but now there isn't much to say. Take a look at what is on this Goron's feet. Red and black metal...the battle is taken place inside a iron mine, correct? So those "shoes" have to be it's version of his own "Magnetic boots". And with all of those strips of metal screwed into his body, I wouldn't be surprized if we will have to dodge from this levetating juggernaught as he crashes from above, or even fight him an the ceiling.
I think that the Minegoron is some kind of slave in the goron mine and you have to fight him as an enemy. Cuz you know, Goron mine doesnt mean that the gorons runs it. They could just be used there.He looks like he is in paine and have been tortured. Poor, poor Goron...

Quote:
Hylian Knight
I LiKE them!

Quote:
Freaky clowns: Hmmm one is short, and the other is tall. Will this be TP's version of Talon & Ingo (Mario & Luigi)?
Oh God. What are they smoking?

Sig made by Drewey You are the best!
http://www.myspace.com/ilovebengan
Last Edited by Bengan; 05-15-2006 at 01:51 PM. Reason:
  #1280 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Crazy Sheikah
View Posts: 526

i think the clowns are extremely attractive..... >>, <<.....alright, their CLOWNS!!!! theyre supposed to make you HAPPY! maybe we get to clownville in the game! ><

Is Now Introducing...
Closed Thread

Tags
hype, princess, thread, twilight