Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Part-time Hero
Send a message via Skype™ to KyleCondie
View Posts: 536
WW Links bloodline

Alright if this has been done before please lock!

This obviosly contains spoilers so I will use tags.
The Hero Sheild that WW Link wields is his family crest, It says that it was once used by the Hero of Time. When you go and talk to Lord Jabun he asks the KORL if Link is related to the Hero of Time but the KORL says Im afaraid that is not so. I cant remember where but it says that Link is the Hero of Time reborn; The Hero of Winds. Is anybody else confused. :confused:

Yes, I need a new signature.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Light Spirit

View Posts: 4,727
Re: WW Links bloodline

yes your right,

Ganondorf said to him, "Surely you are the Hero of Time reborn" But I just guess Lord Jabun was doubting him...
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2005, 06:22 PM
The Prophecy
Send a message via Yahoo to Cucco_man
View Posts: 206

It also said at the beginning that he was not of the bloodline or whatever.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Goron
View Posts: 244

I think he is related, even if the doesn't have long ears.. maybe his grandpa was a hylian and probaly his grandpa was a grandson from the hero of time.. I belive that would be like 100 years becuase its like 3 generations. I think he is related!!!
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2005, 06:31 PM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,034

I think thaat none of the Links in the games are related by blood.

My theory is that since Zelda and Link were empowered by the triforce in OOT, when they die, they merely reincarnate again and again, which is also the case in WW, where the Link there is clearly the Hero, yet is not a 'blood-descendant' of the original Link from OOT.

I believe that when the Grandmother says that the shield was used by the HoT, it is just a rumer, since the Hylian shield look similar, yet vastly different to the one in WW>
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Skyloftian
Send a message via AIM to FierceDeity
View Posts: 727

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdecimal

My theory is that since Zelda and Link were empowered by the triforce in OOT, when they die, they merely reincarnate again and again, which is also the case in WW, where the Link there is clearly the Hero, yet is not a 'blood-descendant' of the original Link from OOT.

I believe that when the Grandmother says that the shield was used by the HoT, it is just a rumer, since the Hylian shield look similar, yet vastly different to the one in WW>
No i'm pretty sure that Link is related to all the other Link's. In ALttP it's said that Link was the last in the descendants of the great Hylian warriors which all died out during the great war. And that the blood within the descendants would drive them to help protect the land of Hyrule and uphold the vow of the warriors long ago, or something like that. Anyways it's a very narrow bloodline but it's still a major link. (for give me of that pun)
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2005, 10:18 PM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
King of the Gorons
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

View Posts: 11,219

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-LoneWolf-x
Alright if this has been done before please lock!

This obviosly contains spoilers so I will use tags.
The Hero Sheild that WW Link wields is his family crest, It says that it was once used by the Hero of Time. When you go and talk to Lord Jabun he asks the KORL if Link is related to the Hero of Time but the KORL says Im afaraid that is not so. I cant remember where but it says that Link is the Hero of Time reborn; The Hero of Winds. Is anybody else confused. :confused:
It's been a few years since tWW has been released...I guess threre really isn't an absolute need for spoiler tags, but whatever makes you feel comfortable, is fine (but you can't not use spoiler tags for games that are coming from the future or is still fairly new).

So yes, the Hero of Winds is simply a reincarnation of the Hero of Time. It was said two times in the game, so there really is no doubt about that. As for the Hero Sheild, that's just like an heirloom. It doesn't necessarily make it a family heirloom, they just want a connection from the past and remember who was the hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyliankid05
I think he is related, even if the doesn't have long ears.. maybe his grandpa was a hylian...
That's because they were Hylian. You have to consider the graphics of the Cell Shading that was used in the game. Sure their ears weren't necessarilly long, but they were pointy. The Helmarock's job was to kidnap any girls that had pointy ears. Tetra, Aryll, Maggie, and Millie were four of them.

If you looked at the characters, there were some "humans" (meaning not Rito) that had non pointy ears aswell, such as Manny (Carlov' assistant), Tott, Mrs. Marie, the Snot-nosed kid on Outset, Beedle, and (I believe) Zunari.

So people that had pointy ears were Hylian, and people with round ears were humans. Long and pointy ears are characteristics of a Hylian, but like I said before, considering the graphics used for the game, it probably didn't look as nice.

-BGS

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via AIM to Handguns4Hearts Send a message via Yahoo to Handguns4Hearts
View Posts: 23

I agree with SuperDecimal.

I think that they are all related by the triforce, not always be blood.
let all be forgiven."
~Against Me! "Searching for a Former Clarity"
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2005, 04:47 PM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiercedeity2
No i'm pretty sure that Link is related to all the other Link's. In ALttP it's said that Link was the last in the descendants of the great Hylian warriors which all died out during the great war. And that the blood within the descendants would drive them to help protect the land of Hyrule and uphold the vow of the warriors long ago, or something like that. Anyways it's a very narrow bloodline but it's still a major link. (for give me of that pun)
AHH!
But when the KORL speaks with Jabun, he states that WW Link is no relation to the hero of time - they cannot be related by blood!
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Goron
View Posts: 236

I think it is related by the triforce and blood.

Tank you XELINK for this beautiful sig and avatar
OMG TOO FUNNY
My Rev website
PM me to be friends
FRIENDS: you know who you are

Adopted by mikestroe
Proud Member of Faroe clan
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Summertime Sadness
View Posts: 2,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdecimal

If you played MC it looks exactly the same.

When it says the family crest I don't think it means that it was the HoT. In MC, Zelda won a shield that looked exactly like the one in WW (like said above) and Link could've given it back to her and then she could've passed it down in her family.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 39

Well.... I always thought that Link married Zelda, because the handbook for Ocarina of Time says that he thinks she's beautiful. Exact words:

As the room faded, so did the dying view of a beautiful princess.

I think there's something there and that her father, King Daphnes, allowed her to marry Link. But then, how could Link be seperated from Tetra, his seemingly sister if this is true?? Perhaps, bacause both Tetra and Link's mother and father died MANY years ago, perhaps Link's father WAS with Tetra's mother but they fought and were seperated. Link went to outset where his father died and Tetra, if you look closely at a portrait of her mother and crew in the castle, went with her mom (where she died on the ship). Possible, correct? Well, to me it seems likely. Or maybe not. I'm thinking about somehting that could change my hypothesis in Ocarina of Time.

Here it is:

Link never had a mother or father (many years ago but his mom died when he was brought to the Great Deku Tree). Zelda had her father.
-----what if Link's father DIDN'T die?
What if.... Link was taken from the castle by his mother to escape Ganondorf who planned to kidnap both him and Zelda?? And then she died. That way they could be seperated from the evil brute who wanted the Trifoce so badly. And they do say Link IS hyrulean. He also looks like Zelda with his eyes and hair. Twins? Nah. They do have about the same height range, don't they?? Well, they were seperated for the good of Hyrule and the young, perhaps true, 'Prince' was hidden in the protected forest. ganondorf wouldn't know what to think!!! And then he finds out Zelda is the weilder of the TOW and starts tracing back. Back to the war.

See?? That tottally messes up my WW hyposthesis but I've always believed this to be true, the Ocarina of Time theory.

Or maybe it's just me??

Please check out our small community!

The greatest treasure of the royal family, Princess Zelda was truly the fairest girl in all the kingdom. With her kindly heart, aura of honor, and a fierce sense of justice, Zelda was respected by the people of Hyrule.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to Ecliptical Send a message via Yahoo to Ecliptical
View Posts: 87

HOL DON FOR ONE MINUTE!!! The story between Majora's Mask and the WindWaker is one empty and bottemless void. There's no telling wheter Link had sex with Princess Zelda finally. It's a possibility that they are all related, and a possibillity not. We'll just have to wait until all the blanks are filled in.

Sig made by me!
And please visit The Black Triforce! It's a Zelda website I made, and I'm still looking for staff! Contact me at contact@theblacktriforce.com, or webmaster@theblacktriforce.com

Girlfriend: Hells_Angel =P((Touch her . . . and well . . . you DIE!!!!!!!! Have a nice day =) ))

Click on my sig to visit my shop
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Most everyone's mad here.
View Posts: 2,256

Here is my theory:

I think that all of the Links are not related. But, all of the Zeldas are related. So now the Zeldas usually come in and make Link's adventure. The main adventure in TWW.
When a Link is born with the Triforce symbol on his left hand, he has a connection with the other pieces(Zelda and Ganondorf or Ganon).
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Gerudo Thief

I didn't SAY they made out. I said they got MARRIED and whatnaught. Maybe they adopted a child. LOL. That'd be something to consider, and maybe they DIDN'T make out but had something happen to Zelda like Mary was blessed with Jesus. See? Many possibilities.

The greatest treasure of the royal family, Princess Zelda was truly the fairest girl in all the kingdom. With her kindly heart, aura of honor, and a fierce sense of justice, Zelda was respected by the people of Hyrule.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 561

We will never know (unless nintendo reveal it in TP) I think Link in WW are related in some way, Triforce or blood.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Gerudo Thief

Well, they have to be related somehow. That'd be even worse than Link not having a traditional Fairy.

#18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2005, 08:59 PM
=/\= THE MAN =/\=
View Posts: 91

hhhmmmm,
this is a tough one.
I think that OOT link and WW link are like the same souls, you know, like reincarnated.
I don't know how the shield got into his hands though
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2005, 05:31 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 54

i seriously dout that there are related in any way apart from being the hero of time in this one im gona look like the juges at chapel corbys trial and reject and everdence to the contrary. i mean there is nothing but sercumstancial evedence that any of them are related.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2005, 05:50 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 14

I don't think ANY of the Links are related, because I don't think Link ever settled down with anyone and got married. He seems to be the perpetual "lone-wolf" wanderer-type to me - and even if he loves Zelda he has never actually married her in any recorded incidence.

I have always thought that the Hero of any Zelda game is only required to be descended from a Knight of Hyrule. And in the olden, olden days, there were many Knights of Hyrule - a great number of them marrying humans. From that perspective, just about everybody in Hyrule, human or Hylian, would have SOME smidgen of blood from the Knights of Hyrule.

Tags
bloodline, links