Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2005, 03:51 PM
imma good girl
Send a message via AIM to Z&GS
View Posts: 546
Exclamation Big Clue??? In the TP trailer!!!

Ok here it is ya know that girl who heals Epona (I know her name is like Illia or something) Well anyway a lot of you have considered her to mabey be Zelda, apart from her looking similar to the cloaked Zelda, I noticed something in the trailer. It has to do w/ music. It has all this classical music at the begining that I have never heard in a Zelda game before and then, the instant the trailer shows her, Zelda's theme starts. At first I didn't notice it I just assumed that it was the series theme, even though I know its not. Could this be a big clue? I have no idea, I just like pointing these things out. Plus one user (I forget who) mentioned that Zelda seems to always have lightnning bolt- shaped sideburns. Illia does not. Anyway this is my second thread having to do w/ a zelda comercial. lol.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2005, 03:54 PM
big pimpin
View Posts: 639
Re: Big Clue??? In the TP trailer!!!

that is a good theroy but i highly doubt its true, i think there eyes look different, and i think zelda starts out from when the game begins, in the twighlight realm
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
Copy & Paste this in your sig if you're one of the 2% who hasn't
freinds= Lord_myles, James Xryon,gel55,SPYDA, and The_DORK, if you want to be my freind PM me
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2005, 03:59 PM
imma good girl

Hey, like I said just a theory. I don't think Illia is Zelda either, but hey it is weird. Zelda looks different. There are a lot of things that suggest Illia isn't Zelda. Like the sideburn thing.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Light Spirit

View Posts: 4,726

Well it could be true... because that Monster did kidnap her as well... I like to know why he did do that..
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm sure Idaho looks EXACTLY like upstate New York.
Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi
View Posts: 1,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by V99
Well it could be true... because that Monster did kidnap her as well... I like to know why he did do that..
That is a good theory. Or, they just ran in to that 'secret meeting' they are having to steal a little kid.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Greatest and Most Truly Interesting Pundit the Universe Has Ever Known
Send a message via AIM to Vroomfondel Send a message via Yahoo to Vroomfondel Send a message via Skype™ to Vroomfondel
View Posts: 6,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z&GS
Ok here it is ya know that girl who heals Epona (I know her name is like Illia or something) Well anyway a lot of you have considered her to mabey be Zelda, apart from her looking similar to the cloaked Zelda, I noticed something in the trailer. It has to do w/ music. It has all this classical music at the begining that I have never heard in a Zelda game before and then, the instant the trailer shows her, Zelda's theme starts. At first I didn't notice it I just assumed that it was the series theme, even though I know its not. Could this be a big clue? I have no idea, I just like pointing these things out. Plus one user (I forget who) mentioned that Zelda seems to always have lightnning bolt- shaped sideburns. Illia does not. Anyway this is my second thread having to do w/ a zelda comercial. lol.
No, it's not a clue, and it has nothing to with the princess. At that moment, they were switching from a battle scene to a view of the peaceful townsfolk. A change to more somber music was required in order to fit the theme. Naturally, Zelda's Lullaby fills that requirement. You're reading too much into stuff. Just relax and look at everything from the logical angle.

Hey... something just occurred to me. Illia is Saria! Not the actual character, of course. I'm just saying that she is similar to Illia in both appearance and personality. They're both kind and passionate, and both appear to be infatuated with Link. Watch the 30 minutes of gameplay, and you'll see what I mean about the personality thing.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2005, 05:43 PM
goes to the mayor
View Posts: 5,430

If you look at the official artwork or zelda, and then Ilia... you can clearly see that they are not the same person.
98% of the teen population is cool, 2% aren't
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to Hylianswordsman
View Posts: 164

But it was playing Zelda's lullabye. Why?
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2005, 06:20 PM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
RIP Robin Williams (8/11/14)
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

View Posts: 11,257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylianswordsman
But it was playing Zelda's lullabye. Why?
Probably to tell the player that Illia is a good character. Zelda's lullabye has a sweet tune to it, so I wouldn't be surprized. Music does a lot in gameplay. Without it, Zelda (and even movies) would be quite stale indeed. Whenever a baddie, boss, or villain talks/fights, there's always a dramatic change in music from nice and calm to dark, triumphant and possibly creepy.

So all the game was saying in Zelda's lullabye was that Illia is a good person.

Plus, I highly doubt Illia and Zelda are the same. For a couple of reasons. 1. Like vacumgod has stated before me, just look at the differences between them. 2. I'm pretty possitive Zelda will start off as a princess just like in her many other games (other than tWW). Illia is the Mayor's daughter if I remember correctly.

-BGS

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2005, 06:23 PM
54-pounds of cement
Send a message via AIM to the_oni_link
View Posts: 322

simply because it meets the tone of the gameplay going on
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-06-2005, 09:09 PM
imma good girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wielder of the Sword
No, it's not a clue, and it has nothing to with the princess. At that moment, they were switching from a battle scene to a view of the peaceful townsfolk. A change to more somber music was required in order to fit the theme. Naturally, Zelda's Lullaby fills that requirement. You're reading too much into stuff. Just relax and look at everything from the logical angle.

Hey... something just occurred to me. Illia is Saria! Not the actual character, of course. I'm just saying that she is similar to Illia in both appearance and personality. They're both kind and passionate, and both appear to be infatuated with Link. Watch the 30 minutes of gameplay, and you'll see what I mean about the personality thing.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't analizing the comercial. It just popped into my head, anyway about the Saria idea, that is a very good theory, the best yet on what role that girl plays, I guessed that they were after the sages or whatever , mabey colon stumbled upon the whole scene, I mean they put him on a pole like he was nothing and it seemed *snicker* that when that mounted dude looked around he was looking for others but did not see Link on account he was directly under him. (talking about E3 demo) Well I wouldn't be surprised if u are right. Of course I still am a little suspicious that if she has any conection with Zelda.....but that Saria idea is good!
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Goron
View Posts: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z&GS

Ya I realised that to good job.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Hylian Knight
Send a message via AIM to Son Of Nabooru
View Posts: 624

have you ever thought that this may be a new character in the zelda series or i think that it could be zeldas sister...

-Currently beating OoS Halfway through the game, 3-5 more days to go until completion.
- Majoras mask (Trying to get a PERFECT file, [/I]However Ive beaten this game many times before) Update- I refilled my bombers notebook, and only have two contacts to complete, close to perfection on the file.
-OoT (beaten before, However, Id like to make ANOTHER, perfect file). Update - May be able to recover my perfect file on the N64 version, maybe ending my perfection of OoT.
-Re-complete ALttP.
-Complete FSA Better finish it before PH comes out
-Complete and Perfect PH
-Perfect WW?
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 72

maybe it is zeldas twin sister, and they where separated at birth like leia and luke in star wars?
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Insane little jester
View Posts: 2,305

Oh come on now, really...
Ilia is not even Hylian, how could she be Zelda, or her sister?

Last Edited by Snapdragon; 06-07-2005 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 5,674

She looks more like Saria or Aryll to me. The heros of time and winds have both been given a girl, who is very close to him, a special female buddy. I think Ilia will be the Saria/Aryll of this game.

Besides, I think Ilia was dreamed up, because this new Link is going to need a new posse of fangirls. Ilia will be like Saria, she loves him, but he always looks at her like a childhood friend, and probably does not want to risk ruining it.

You know its SEXY.

My friend's group. Join! http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...n-society.html
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Fallacy
View Posts: 747

Illia is mad at Link for running "Epona" to hard. So I don't think she likes him to much. She looks to young anyways, and to young to be his "twin sister". Oh, and Link's Hylian, she's not.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Lil` Link Fishy
View Posts: 1,134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feline Witch
She looks more like Saria or Aryll to me. The heros of time and winds have both been given a girl, who is very close to him, a special female buddy. I think Ilia will be the Saria/Aryll of this game.

Besides, I think Ilia was dreamed up, because this new Link is going to need a new posse of fangirls. Ilia will be like Saria, she loves him, but he always looks at her like a childhood friend, and probably does not want to risk ruining it.
I agree, she does look like Saria or Aryll, especially Aryll now that you mention it.
I think she'll play a role like Malon instead of more like Saria or Aryll.

^thanks to Shrukan_Caelestis for my sig!
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,079

It still can be considered a half decent theory when you consider the fact that Illia was kidnapped by the green guys (sorry I dont know their names).
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2005, 03:47 PM
imma good girl

Well I still think Saira and Ilia will be very similar...best theory on a conection yet, and thanks for the pics comparing her to Zelda.

Tags
big, clue, trailer