Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Whee! I just saw Link walk by my window!
View Posts: 516
Midna

Okay, if this thread starts looking stupid, someone please shut it down and temporary ban me.
This thread is about Midna. We know she's evil but she still helps Link. So I wonder, is she truely evil or only partly evil (or something like that)? Where did she come from? Discuss your ideas and theorys here!

Official Friend code for Mario Kart DS!
Nickname: ちょうちょう ひかり
081671 600024

I'm on pretty much every day, around 7:30am - 9:30am for AC and 8:30pm - 9:30pm for MK.
PM me if you're thinking of visting my town/wanting to race!

Games I want: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Pokémon Battle Revolution, and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Banned User
View Posts: 1,048
Re: Midna

I think she starts off evil using Link to get out of the Twilight Realm, but as the game goes on, she becomes good. That just seems like what would happen in a Zelda game.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Mr. Popadopolis the Weirdo
View Posts: 510

She is probably teaming up with link because she hates ganon. Ganon is probably the only thing stopping her from conquering Hyrule or something like that. I do not think that she is good. She is just using link to accomplish her many evil plans.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Insane little jester
View Posts: 2,303

"I think she starts off evil using Link to get out of the Twilight Realm, but as the game goes on, she becomes good. That just seems like what would happen in a Zelda game."

yes, that is what you would expect, and that's the very reason as to why I doubt it.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGNAR
She is probably teaming up with link because she hates ganon. Ganon is probably the only thing stopping her from conquering Hyrule or something like that. I do not think that she is good. She is just using link to accomplish her many evil plans.
That similar to what I said, but I think she is only using Link to escape the Twilight Realm, not to conquer the world.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 02:22 PM
goes to the mayor
View Posts: 5,441

I think midna is a tatl sort of character. At first she has her own agenda, but as the game progresses, she starts to befriend link...

heres an interesting thought. Link is trying to dispel the twilight, but midna can only exist in the twilight, in her demonic large mask red hair form... so what is link to do!?

save hyrule but banish a friend? or let his friend live but leave Hyrule in a state of danger forever... oooo sounds mature
98% of the teen population is cool, 2% aren't
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 02:26 PM
Insane little jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacumgod
I think midna is a tatl sort of character. At first she has her own agenda, but as the game progresses, she starts to befriend link...

heres an interesting thought. Link is trying to dispel the twilight, but midna can only exist in the twilight, in her demonic large mask red hair form... so what is link to do!?

save hyrule but banish a friend? or let his friend live but leave Hyrule in a state of danger forever... oooo sounds mature
I'm pretty sure Mr Aonuma said that Midna can exist outside the twilight in a differant form.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Bio-electric Anemone
Send a message via AIM to Barinade Send a message via Skype™ to Barinade
View Posts: 687

Quote:

I havent seen a farie like tatl next to llink so i doubt its a farie.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Nur die Auserwählte, kann Böse erobern
Send a message via AIM to Chozen
View Posts: 1,468

I read somewhere (out of the countless articles) that Midna is evil but helps link for reasons unknown. However it was said that Midna helps Link to help herself, kind of a good deed backed by an evil goal. Perhaps Minda is using Link for her own advantage (maybe she dosent like the ULTIMATE EVIL and she wants to be the main bad guy and needs Links help to destroy the ULTIMATE EVIL) of course I am probably just rambling on.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Insane little jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
I havent seen a farie like tatl next to llink so i doubt its a farie.
I think he meant that the relationship between them will be similar, not that Midna is a fairy
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I think midna is a tatl sort of character.
Who knows? Maybe Midna is really a fairy in disguise.

081671 600024

I'm on pretty much every day, around 7:30am - 9:30am for AC and 8:30pm - 9:30pm for MK.

Games I want: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Pokémon Battle Revolution, and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 02:35 PM
goes to the mayor
View Posts: 5,441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapdragon
I'm pretty sure Mr Aonuma said that Midna can exist outside the twilight in a differant form.
yes, he said that in the literal sense of exsistence, then yea, midna can be outside of the twilight, but I'm sure that link and mida will know eachother primarily as demon and wolf.
man... perhaps thats part of the games' ending. The twilight is no more, then link finds somebody or some creature, and he recognizes it as midna, and we have the age old adage "never judge a book by its over, or apperances can be deceiving" etc. etc.
98% of the teen population is cool, 2% aren't
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Insane little jester

Quote:
perhaps thats part of the games' ending. The twilight is no more, then link finds somebody or some creature, and he recognizes it as midna.
that got me thinking of the son of the deku-kings butler in MM...
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 26

Midna,lol umm im not sure guys. i was thinking maybe it was zelda, but aonuma said zelda excists as zelda in the twilight realm, so i dont think its her.

its a duzzey,lol. umm as for the mask she wears, it looks like majoras mask, well.. the eye on it anyway. though i dont think nintendo will go back to that, they will most likely move on from MM.

in my opinion this is the events that could possibly lead to the flooding.

later.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 49

Who is to say for sure what she is right now. My guess she likes being evil and powerful in the Twilight Realm but Ganondorf doesn't like her their, therefore she is attacked and turned to Link to fight him. And with that said let us say she is a weaker being she doesn't like outside of the Twilight Realm. I just hope Nintendo gives us one hell of a surprise with it.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 4

I don't think she is evil, just manipulative. As others have said she is said to be 'using' Link to her own ends, so their co-operation is down to their circumstances within the Twilight Realm. She may become friendlier later, but Link and Midna could just as easily go their separate ways after their goals diverge.

LJ.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 56

I'm certain they never stated that she was evil...just that she was an enemy. She has her reasons for setting Link free. What they are we can't be certain, but it's possible that Ganon is the cause. She may be an important person in the Twilight Realm, possibly the one who created it and Ganon is using it against her in some way. She'd probably notice something about Link that she can use against Ganon. I hope I'm not just repeating what everyone else is saying.

(I hate to make my first posts in forums critical...but it would seem that this forum is all about criticism. XD)

Art by Me. X3
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 05:46 PM

Maybe she was evil and was working for Ganon, but then decided to free Link and become good for reasons unknown.

081671 600024

#19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 60

I wonder what Midna is. If Link exists in Twilight as a wolf being heroic what is Midna? Is she the creator of the Twilight? It reminds me of Knights of the Republic 2.. (SPOILER for those who haven't played/seen it) one of your own teammates - the crazy dark jedi chick is the final boss (/end of spoiler) Or maybe she is the Female Gollum? Will she sacrifice herself at the end to save Hyrule and destroy the Twilight? That would be cool.

-Anthony
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Banned User

Minda is a cat. She wants to escape the Twilight Realm so she can eat cat food. That's my theory.
Closed Thread

Tags
midna