Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 73
A few questions about Wind Waker.

I have beaten Wind Waker, finally! Great game, really enjoyed it
But I have a few questions I didn't understand, maybe I missed something, idk.

Spoilers ahead, I guess!

First one is, why exactly did Zelda turn in to Tetra again when she reached the surface? She is going up the sea as Zelda, but then comes out as Tetra... is there a reason for this? Did the King turn her in to Zelda? Or is this the "form" she takes in the land above? I don't really understand that...

Second, how did the King of Red Lions come to be? I know he's the actual King, but is this the "form" he takes when he's in the surface (a boat)? But then when he goes down to the land below, and he's still a boat...

And the last question is, if Hyrule was flooded, how exactly did the castle and Ganon's tower survive? Or is it that ALL of Hyrule below is still in tact? And is Zelda this King's daughter? We see a painting of her and all her crew, next to a painting of the King... But they never seem to show any hints of it when they're together... If he is the father, he doesn't show it much, imo... And if he isn't, how has he been alive for so long? Because from what I understood, the King we see is the one that was alive back when Hyrule was about to get flooded... but idk.

If anyone could answer there, I'd be very grateful! They're quite important facts, and idk how I missed them, but yeah...
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2012, 06:40 PM
TheTwilitHero TheTwilitHero is a male United States TheTwilitHero is offline
Hero of the Night
View Posts: 1,253
Re: A few questions about Wind Waker.

1. Do you mean at what measurement below the surface? jk
Sorry, I can't help with that'n
EDIT: sorry I misread that "why" as "when".

2. I'm pretty durn sure that the king is controlling the KRL remotely.

3a. It kinda looks like there is some sort of a barrier above the castle area preventing it from being flooded. But I don't think extended to the rest of Hyrule, hence why the people are all up on the islands.

3b. No idea.
Last Edited by TheTwilitHero; 08-04-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Kokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTwilitHero View Post
1. Do you mean at what measurement below the surface? jk
Sorry, I can't help with that'n

2. I'm pretty durn sure that the king is controlling the KRL remotely.

3a. It kinda looks like there is some sort of a barrier above the castle area preventing it from being flooded. But I don't think extended to the rest of Hyrule, hence why the people are all up on the islands.

3b. No idea.
Yeah, I guess that explains the KRL one. I find it funny how at the start of the game he says that you can't travel unless you get a sail, yet we see him various times moving alone without the sail...

And idk! There's a barrier that seems to protect the castle, but in the end it's just a force field sort of thing... It looks as if all of Hyrule still exists down below... and why would they keep Ganon's castle safe from the flood?

I honestly don't understand why exactly anything survived down below at all... All I can imagine is that, considering we don't see any signs of the Royal Family in the world above, that the entire Royal Family some how survived down below... And then when Ganondorf appeared again, the King sent Zelda and her crew to the world above, disguised as a pirate, to hide her from Ganonford... But then he'd have to be Zelda's father, but he definitely doesn't show any signs of it xD
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Antimatter demon
View Posts: 268

1) I think it was Tetra's decision, she didn't want the pirate crew see her in that state, if you played PH, you'd know why.

2) Yep, I agree, remotely.

3a), Is not only the castle; it seems all the underwater Hyrule is still intact, I think that the portals situated in the forsaken fortress and in the tower of the gods, make possible to the people to breathe under that sort of water like if it was air, all hyrule has this property, basically the wish of Daphnes made disappear the "fake" water and as result Hyrule got flooded by the real one.

3b) No, she's not: her mother was a descendant of the royal family too, probably Daphnes is Tetra's grand-grand-grand-grand-father and the Zelda in the painting his daughter.
TO THE FINDER... THE ISLE OF KOHOLINT, IS BUT AN ILLUSION... HUMAN, MONSTER, SEA, SKY... A SCENE ON THE LID OF A SLEEPER'S EYE... AWAKE THE DREAMER, AND KOHOLINT WILL VANISH MUCH LIKE A BUBBLE ON A NEEDLE... CAST-AWAY, YOU SHOULD KNOW THE TRUTH!
Last Edited by TDA; 08-04-2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2012, 07:46 PM
The King of Red Lions The King of Red Lions is a male United States The King of Red Lions is offline
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 394

I think the King of Red Lions (haha funny cause that's my name )is just an ordinary boat that was "possessed by the king of Hyrule. The king just uses some kind of magic to become the boat. And after the king is gone the boat becomes just an ordinary boat.

If they put a barrier around Hyrule that protected it from the flood, then what was the point of the flood?
Last Edited by The King of Red Lions; 08-04-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: TheTwilitHero
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Kokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDA View Post
1) I think it was Tetra's decision, she didn't want the pirate crew see her in that state, if you played PH, you'd know why.

2) Yep, I agree, remotely.

3a), Is not only the castle; it seems all the underwater Hyrule is still intact, I think that the portals situated in the forsaken fortress and in the tower of the gods, make possible to the people to breathe under that sort of water like if it was air, all hyrule has this property, basically the wish of Daphnes made disappear the "fake" water and as result Hyrule got flooded by the real one.

3b) No, she's not: her mother was a descendant of the royal family too, probably Daphnes is Tetra's grand-grand-grand-grand-father and the Zelda in the painting his daughter.
Oh right.

I'm not sure about the painting theory, though... I mean if you look at it properly, it's not only Zelda, but every other person in the painting that resembles the pirates... It's the same amount of pirates, and undoubtedly the same people... The pirates all have a characteristic that makes them resemble their counterpart in the painting. I'd find it kind of unlikely that they're not the same people...

So if that theory is debunked, it's kind of weird to know how exactly there's a painting/picture of Zelda and her crew in the world down below, unless she, along with the rest of the Royal Family, remained under water after Hyrule was "flooded"...
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2012, 09:14 PM
If the DS succeeds, we will rise to heaven, but if it fails we will sink to hell
Send a message via Skype™ to tlozbj
View Posts: 3,960

1.She losed the ToW so the effects of it that transform into Zelda where lost after the battle.
2.A simple boat the Daphnes possesed.
3. Hyrule was protected by a barrier. If you look into the sky there is something similiar to a barrier and it is broken after Daphnes wish.
4. Daphnes is a ancestor of Zelda. hundreds of years have passed since the flood to WW. So the Zelda in the painting is a diferent one.
Last Edited by tlozbj; 08-04-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Kokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlozbj View Post
1.She losed the ToW so the effects of it that transform into Zelda where lost after the battle.
2.A simple boat the Daphnes possesed.
3. Hyrule was protected by a barrier. If you look into the sky there is something similiar to a barrier and it is broken after Daphnes wish.
4. Daphnes is a ancestor of Zelda. hundreds of years have passed since the flood to WW. So the Zelda in the painting is a diferent one.
Hmm... It still seems a bit weird, imo, that the people depicted in the painting are extremely similar to Tetra's crew...

Why exactly is there a complete lack of presence of the Royal Family in the great sea, then? Do they just lose power after Hyrule is flooded? Do they still exist but in a place we can't see?

And regarding your first answer, would that mean Tetra is Zelda's original form? I don't really understand... Plus, the triforce is taken from her before they even go back to the surface, but she still remains as Zelda while fighting Ganondorf...
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2012, 09:28 PM
If the DS succeeds, we will rise to heaven, but if it fails we will sink to hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrk View Post
Hmm... It still seems a bit weird, imo, that the people depicted in the painting are extremely similar to Tetra's crew...

Why exactly is there a complete lack of presence of the Royal Family in the great sea, then? Do they just lose power after Hyrule is flooded? Do they still exist but in a place we can't see?

And regarding your first answer, would that mean Tetra is Zelda's original form? I don't really understand... Plus, the triforce is taken from her before they even go back to the surface, but she still remains as Zelda while fighting Ganondorf...
When the great flood happen everything the royal family had was lose and they became pirates. In that game yes. Yes but the wish is in effect. That they survive and find a new land. After they survive she gets reverted. To live as a pirate. The magic of the land of Hyrule may had also keeped her in that form.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Kokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlozbj View Post
When the great flood happen everything the royal family had was lose and they became pirates. In that game yes. Yes but the wish is in effect. That they survive and find a new land. After they survive she gets reverted. To live as a pirate. The magic of the land of Hyrule may had also keeped her in that form.
Oh right, well that makes sense. Thanks
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2012, 09:37 PM

You are welcome. But the case is the pirates knew about Tetra's transformation. Surely some minutes passed since their uprising from Hyrule and the crew rescuing Tetra and the effect was losed
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2012, 10:30 PM
The King of Red Lions The King of Red Lions is a male United States The King of Red Lions is offline
Zora Warrior

Ok now I have a question. The point of the flood was that Hyrule would be wiped out and only a select few would survive on the mountantops. Right?

So why would there be a barrier around Hyrule? I'm no goddess here, but I don't understand their thinking...
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Kokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Red Lions View Post
Ok now I have a question. The point of the flood was that Hyrule would be wiped out and only a select few would survive on the mountantops. Right?

So why would there be a barrier around Hyrule? I'm no goddess here, but I don't understand their thinking...
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. I can only assume that either the King placed some sort of a barrier to protect the castle. Only thing I can't understand is why he'd save Ganon's castle, though.

Or, the flood was only meant to separate old Hyrule from the Great Sea. It's not a literal "flood", it's as if a barrier was created to seal off Hyrule, as we see that the only actual way to get from one of the lands to the other is across portals, you can't swim down or sink down.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Antimatter demon
View Posts: 268

About the painting: they were different incarnations, if you look carefully the painting, you'll notice one of them is a women (lol).

And about the barrier: there isn't a barrier, it's more like if a magic prevents the sea to do damage at Hyrule underwater, but it is filled with water and Daphnes Link and who received the "permission" to go to Hyrule, can breath and walk as normally there.
TO THE FINDER... THE ISLE OF KOHOLINT, IS BUT AN ILLUSION... HUMAN, MONSTER, SEA, SKY... A SCENE ON THE LID OF A SLEEPER'S EYE... AWAKE THE DREAMER, AND KOHOLINT WILL VANISH MUCH LIKE A BUBBLE ON A NEEDLE... CAST-AWAY, YOU SHOULD KNOW THE TRUTH!
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-05-2012, 09:35 AM

The reason of the flood was to seal Ganon and his minions. So the water is something similiar to a barrier. Between old Hyrule and the great sea.
Last Edited by tlozbj; 08-05-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Zora Warrior

But doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of flooding it?
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-05-2012, 09:42 AM
ELpaca

View Posts: 17,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Red Lions View Post

To protect what was left of Hyrule when the hero "didn't return" back in the old days.

Otherwise Ganondorf would have taken hold of everything, thus messing up Hyrule forever, which includes obtaining the Triforce, entering the Sacred Realm etc.

Ich Will: "As a kid I remember grabbing cats by their tails and spinning them around like you do with Bowser in Mario 64. Then I'd throw them away. Dunno if I got that from the game though lol."
1 person liked this post: tlozbj
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Kokiri

Right, I think I understand it all much better now, thanks for the help

The only thing I'm wondering now, lmao, is how Ganondorf came back. I know it really isn't specified... but we know Ganondorf comes back even though he doesn't have his powers (they've been sealed by the Master Sword), so after Hyrule was flooded, how exactly could he rise up to the Great Sea?

I understand how he went back down, with magic, after Link took out the Master Sword and his magic returned/he awakened Ganondorf's monsters that were frozen in time... But going up, without magic, seems a bit weird.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Topaz Mutiny Topaz Mutiny is a female United States Topaz Mutiny is online now
View Posts: 3,198

I assume Ganondorf came back the way he came back the first time when he broke free of the Hero of Time, Zelda's, and the Sages' seal as seen in TWW's prologue: He still has the ToP (so not only does he have some power left, he has the best power of all: Din's piece of Triforce) and he learned how to use it to break the Goddesses seal.

... In all seriousness it kind of explains why he seems more spiritual in that game. He had to study that friggen triangle for a few centuries before finding that eureka moment.
Online Games: ACNL, MK7, Pkmn X+Y, Miiverse

Thanks to Sugarpoultry for the pretty sig! <3
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to kymeric
View Posts: 319

Dont forget, time was stopped inside the bubble around hyrule and under the sea. Basically the goddesses put the field around it trapping everyone inside it, the flooded the world to make it impossible to reach it. (even the Zora were turned into flying Ruto to get them away)