Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Goron
View Posts: 211
The Water Dragon

I hate that damn dragon! Kept making me prove myself to many times! And that goddammned underwater notes part pissed me beyond belief!
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2012, 11:59 PM
If the DS succeeds, we will rise to heaven, but if it fails we will sink to hell
Send a message via Skype™ to tlozbj
View Posts: 3,960
Re: The Water Dragon

Yeah but atleast for the musical notes you can dowse after a while not like with Eldin that you lose ALL your weapons when you go to get his part of the song of the hero.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Goron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlozbj View Post
Yeah but atleast for the musical notes you can dowse after a while not like with Eldin that you lose ALL your weapons when you go to get his part of the song of the hero.
at least the dragon gives it to you immediately! Doesnt act like an ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣ and make you prove yourself AGAIN!
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2012, 12:25 AM
If the DS succeeds, we will rise to heaven, but if it fails we will sink to hell
Send a message via Skype™ to tlozbj
View Posts: 3,960

But you have to hide from moblins with none of your weapons and that way you prove yourself. For Faron it would be courage to go underwater and have little chance to return withought dying. Eldin you prove your power by gettting all your weapons while hiding from the moblins. With Lanayru is wisdom to know where to plant the sapling.
Last Edited by tlozbj; 06-13-2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2012, 04:48 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 109

I hate her too.
Go get me healing water, then you'd have proven yourself! Hm, I'm still not convinced.
Go do a dungeon, then you'd have proven yourself! Hm... I'm still not convinced.
When she told Link to get the musical fish note... things, Link smiled. I thought no Link, no smiling. Give her the finger

Still though, I think the Lanayru dragon's boss challenge was way more difficult. At least it wasn't a requirement.
4 people liked this post: Cornelius Fudge, Erikson, Pie Master, TylerTheGreat
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2012, 05:29 AM
Hylia and Zelda in name only, for she is neither...
Send a message via Skype™ to Her Grace
View Posts: 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlozbj View Post
That was an accident on his part, he didn't mean to make Eldin Volcano erupt. Besides, I found the quest of sneaking around and getting your items back one-by-one to be very, very fun. One of my favorite parts of the whole game, in fact. I found the tadtone quest in the flooded Faron Woods to be extremely annoying and tedious, however. The worst part of the game for me besides the little part where you need to hit 10 targets via your Loftwing in 60 seconds or less.

Facebook: Bookface
Twitter:Tweetland

If you add me to your list of 3DS friends please leave me a visitor or personal message with your own Friend Code so that I can add quickly you as well. Thanks!
Last Edited by Her Grace; 06-13-2012 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
3 people liked this post: Lynx_7, MajorMajora, TheTwilitHero
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo
View Posts: 2,431

Who would have thought Farore's dragon would be domineering, Din's dragon would be informative and Nayru's dragon would be adventurous?

Though I kind of liked the tadtones,I didn't mind the swimming in this game too much.

Oh, is that a gal I see? No, it's just a fal'Cie!
Last Edited by Fal'Cie; 06-13-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Claus, Pie Master
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2012, 12:37 PM
UltimateLink64 UltimateLink64 is a male United States UltimateLink64 is offline
Skyloft Knight
View Posts: 158

I hate her. I couldn't believe that she'd make me prove myself again after I already did. Collecting all the Tadtones hurt my wrist after a while. I was praying that I didn't have to do something similar for the other dragons.

A knight can never turn down a fight.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Westerly Winds Westerly Winds is a male United States Westerly Winds is offline
Arma virumque cano
Send a message via Skype™ to Westerly Winds
View Posts: 1,671

I thought the dragons were great. It was a relief from the linear and predictable dungeon after dungeon style. Even though the music notes was slightly annoying, it was enjoyable because it was different to the progressive style of most zelda games.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Thaddeus the Great Thaddeus the Great is a male United States Thaddeus the Great is offline
But WHY is the rum gone!?
View Posts: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faron
Go collect these Tadtones and bring them to me. I just can't go handing this song over to every Hero that comes through here.
WHY?! HOW MANY OTHER HEROES DO YOU MEET ON A DAILY BASIS???
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,419

You know, from that Kikwi's description of Faron's personality, I thought for sure that she flooded the forest because she was angry with Link for not giving her her water basin back.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 729

Getting the notes was not as bad as I thought it would be. Still it easily could have been a half hour shaved off of this game.

Zelda Ranking List

MM > OOT > ALBW > LA > LoZ > ALTTP > TP > SS > OoA > TWW > TMC > OoS > FSA > PH > ST > AoL
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Goron

I wish the last trial was to kill her in order for link to prove that he was the hero,
2 people liked this post: Pie Master, Trisha
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Chief of Hyrule Police
View Posts: 402

I hated that collecting Tad tones part. The only thing that saved me was the Air Potion +. The Dowsing when you got it did help alittle bit it reduce the guessing frustration. But still we got your damn healing water earlier what more do you want. What does getting the Tad tones prove anyway? How does it prove Link is the hero? We don't have time to play collecting games we're trying to save the world here.

Watch my Youtube videos here.
Last Edited by Ganonslayer; 07-17-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Holder of The Triforce
View Posts: 164

I didnt Find the tad tones all that hard, actually.
Quote:
WHY?! HOW MANY OTHER HEROES DO YOU MEET ON A DAILY BASIS???
I just laughed so hard I cant breathe

Personally I found all the dragons trials really easy. I really enjoyed the Eldin one, where you had to find all your stuff. BUT I found that one rushed, here is how I felt...
-Sneaking, get Caw Shots
-Sneaking get Whip
-Sneaking get Gustbellows
-Sneaking get Slingshot
-Sneaking get Bombs
THAT WAS FUN... BUT THEN
- Find Master sword, kill a couple of guys, get every thing else.

(Kinda forget the order you get the items in )

Like, come on!, really?! How lazy did Nintendo get?! What were the creators of the game like "What?! It has to be done tomorrow! Ummm... And he gets everthig else... Talks to the Dragon, Gets song. DONE! *Phew* Just made it in time"

I dont know it just felt rushed to me.
Games Not Played (Do Not Have Device To Play On)~ PH, ST,
Last Edited by TylerTheGreat; 07-17-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2012, 08:20 PM
But Vegeta, Trix are for kids
View Posts: 979

I honestly didn't mind the music note bit at all, but just looking at the dragon herself, she's one hell of a ♣♣♣♣♣. Getting her the water to heal herself, ok no problem. The dungeon? There was going to be a dungeon either way, so w/e.

But her reasoning over flooding the forest? There's evil plants and monsters in the forest suddenly? Should she just get some weed killer and ask the Mogmas to bomb them? Of course not, let's flood the damn place and replace the evil monsters with evil fish. Fail.

Asking for the part of the song that happens to be part of an extremely important plan to save the world from an ancient evil, that's including her forest too? "Nope, prove yourself first!"...really? You mean getting to this point, gathering the flames, curb stomp Ghiraham twice, throw Demise back in his hole three times, and I haven't proven myself yet? "Well you don't expect me to just give it away, do you?"...kinda! That's what all the other dragons did!

I think Yahtzee explained it best where Link should've just thrown the sword on the ground and yell "do you want this mother♣♣♣♣er dead or not!"
But never will

Wolf Pack Pride
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Majora's Cat Majora's Cat is a male United States Majora's Cat is offline
Derp Squad
Send a message via Skype™ to Majora's Cat
View Posts: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy721 View Post
I hate that damn dragon! Kept making me prove myself to many times! And that goddammned underwater notes part pissed me beyond belief!
Yeah, the Tad Tones were a bit tedious, but honestly I didn't think that the segment of the game with the Water Dragon was that bad. It wasn't quite as exciting as the Thunder Dragon's, but I wouldn't say it was that horrible. It was a low point for me personally, but for a low point, it was pretty darn enjoyable.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 2

At first when she told me I had to get all the tad tones I was pissed because I saved her ass and apparently that's not enough for her but it was generally easy to collect them all
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Bicentennial_Pidgeon Bicentennial_Pidgeon is a male United States Bicentennial_Pidgeon is offline
View Posts: 1,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerTheGreat View Post
I didnt Find the tad tones all that hard, actually.
I just laughed so hard I cant breathe

Personally I found all the dragons trials really easy. I really enjoyed the Eldin one, where you had to find all your stuff. BUT I found that one rushed, here is how I felt...
-Sneaking, get Caw Shots
-Sneaking get Whip
-Sneaking get Gustbellows
-Sneaking get Slingshot
-Sneaking get Bombs
THAT WAS FUN... BUT THEN
- Find Master sword, kill a couple of guys, get every thing else.

(Kinda forget the order you get the items in )

Like, come on!, really?! How lazy did Nintendo get?! What were the creators of the game like "What?! It has to be done tomorrow! Ummm... And he gets everthig else... Talks to the Dragon, Gets song. DONE! *Phew* Just made it in time"

I dont know it just felt rushed to me.
Just how I thought.

"Hey, you found EVERYTHING ELSE! IN ONE TREASURE CHEST!" Did they just run out of ideas/space in the overworld/time or what?

Sig by Caleb, avy by UzukiSS--MC--**OoT--MM--TP--FS--FSA**--WW--PH--ST--""LoZ--AoL""--{IW}--ALttp/OoX/LA
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-23-2012, 02:19 AM
Jedi Master Sagan Jedi Master Sagan is a male United States Jedi Master Sagan is offline
made of star stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Skype™ to Jedi Master Sagan
View Posts: 2,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
You know, from that Kikwi's description of Faron's personality, I thought for sure that she flooded the forest because she was angry with Link for not giving her her water basin back.
That makes a surprising amount of sense, actually.

Has anyone ever tried not grabbing all the item chests in the Eldin stealth section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamtos View Post
I'd call you our resident science fairy but you have more of a tendency to bulldoze over theories and "science bulldozer" just doesn't have that nickname sparkle.