Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-17-2012, 03:16 PM
ALL FRUITS GET INSIDE ME
View Posts: 201
Re: Would Fi be less annoying if ...

Voice acting would have definitely improved Fi, allowing you to play the game while she talks instead of being forced to stop and read whatever she has to say. But the best solution would an option to disable Fi's hints completely, and only have her come out in cutscenes and key points in the story. I would be ecstatic if there were an option (even if it were just in Hero Mode) to turn Fi's advice off.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Light Spirit
Wii U ID: Tlozbj 3DS ID: 0001-3303-1181
View Posts: 4,247

easy that she did not call link every time the batteries were low or you had low health or shield meter only that would make her lest annoying
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-17-2012, 11:02 PM
explodingpenguin explodingpenguin is a male United States explodingpenguin is offline
Hero of Hyrule
Steam ID: expldngpngn
View Posts: 104

I loved Fi, but the game could have done without some of the obvious/stupid things she said (i.e. explaining to you that the Kikwi is not Zelda). Other than that she was far less annoying that some previous companions.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Anouki
View Posts: 51

Fi isn't annoying because she talks often, but because she uses so many words. For an example, when you found a Kikwi that couldn't get down from a tree, she said:

'' I detect no monsters in the immediate area and therefore conclude it is safe for the Kikwi to
leave it's perch. It seems this Kikwi is unable to descend the tree. I suggest you find a way to expedite his dismount. If you find yourself lacking ideas, you can always press 2 to review your availble actions.''

That's really long and unnasecary. All that would be required is if she said:

''It's safe here now, so let's get that Kikwi down. Press 2 for help if you're not sure how to.''

She is also annoying when telling you that your hearts or batteries are low. Did Nintendo seriously think that having a really annoying beep sound every third second wasn't enough to know you are low on hearts?
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-23-2012, 03:49 PM
PersontasticPerson PersontasticPerson is a male Spain PersontasticPerson is offline
My Evil Lair is Around Here
View Posts: 277

I want Fi to be gone completely. She didn`t feel all too revelant to the story at all and she was more of a hassle than any help. I didn`t find her dialouge intresting and only dragging on. :/

...I used Cheat Codes to remove the low health/shield/battery/new treasure/bug... Which is about 60% of her popping up. =3
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-23-2012, 10:52 PM
The bullet was made of ice
Send a message via AIM to Caskett Send a message via Skype™ to Caskett
Wii U ID: LadySunshine9
View Posts: 1,591

I kind of agree with you Oleg... she just wasn't developed in a way that I enjoyed, I didn't feel connected to her at all she felt like a tutorial or something, walking you through everything and stating the obvious.. Not that I didn't like the concept I just wish she had more emotional charge and depth.
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Westerly Winds Westerly Winds is a male United States Westerly Winds is offline
Arma virumque cano
Send a message via Skype™ to Westerly Winds
View Posts: 1,675

I would have to say that fi would be a whole lot less annoying if she spoke normally. You don't know how annoying it is to have your guide tell you that there is an 85% chance that there is something in a treasure chest.

I also hate hitting the fi button when I try to take out my harp. It really ruins the moment.
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2012, 06:55 PM
doo dee doo
View Posts: 831

I didn't find Fi annoying at all besides the times when she insisted on telling my my batteries/hearts were low. I loved her design so I didn't mind seeing her popping out of the sword from time to time, haha.